Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Foehammer007 posted:

I am going to shoot you vyst fly something expensive ty

You know drat well I only fly cheap scout ships. Come to bby Cheetah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Maneck posted:

That's why I replied to it. Are you trying to do a new application?

Whoops sorry, didnt see it yet! Checking now.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Maneck posted:

Email queue is empty. If your email was missed please squawk about it.

In game queue is empty. A lot of apparent goons believe applying in game first is a good idea.

The instructions are here, and it's much faster if they're followed:
https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101

There seems to be a conflict between instructions of RetVet (which was what was linked in the HoG email) and Joining 101. Retvet states the first step is to get in Corp ingame.

Either way, email sent to newbies with proper data and my poo poo's all up to date (I think).

Furthermore RetVet cites ingame little_bees as a resource, which is not publicly accessible (or I'm actually somehow banned from that channel).

TL;DR conflicting orders, in MY GOONFLEET?! WHY, NEVER!

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 9, 2020

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Wow, that nerd can't even get his LOTR references straight.

It clearly says in the video title that it's the horn of EREBOR, the lost dwarf-kingdom. Totally different than Gondor. I was planning on resubbing and playing this space game before that tweet was posted, but now I can't, in good conscious, play again.

If "The Mittani" holds EVE's source material in such contempt that he'd make such an obvious mistake then imagine what he thinks of us...

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

no numismancer hurf in thread, no banner ads, 0/10 inferior hornblowing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ-7c7ryljs&t=155s

this is about what i thought of when i read that email

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

ChickenWing posted:

no numismancer hurf in thread, no banner ads, 0/10 inferior hornblowing

Banner ads give Lowtax money still, right?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah how else does he pay for his GTR

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
also evoke are nazis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mR4QxzU_o0 (old racist goon video)

Foehammer007 fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 9, 2020

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

wilderthanmild posted:

ah gently caress you're right and I bet that's not something the mods can handwave with appropriate donations

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nobody's still playing who was around for this

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ChickenWing posted:

ah gently caress you're right and I bet that's not something the mods can handwave with appropriate donations

Let me ask, unless VG beats me to it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

feedmegin posted:

I tried resubbing to this dumb game and heard nada :shobon:

Are Archons still good?

if you had spacepriest stuff on your archon then it was automatically converted to the new spacepriest carrier a few years ago

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

orange juche posted:

im still here :(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'd come back if folks like luigi thirty, koshka narkotikov and schadenfreud came back but i don't think they're coming back lol

maybe they'll read an email and come back, but I've got no taste for supercap tidishitfests i'm too old and don't have enough time for that bullshit.

sure I could strap into a super and spend 12 hours waiting for fighters to cycle and losing a timer but why would I do that to myself when I have real world obligations like a job that makes real money vs eve that makes me no money.

also apparently comms are in the worst state theyve ever been wrt pubbie brainpoison. don't need to go in to comms and hear "kek" and "poggers" and dumb poo poo like that. i guess it's a step up from racist slurs but hey.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 9, 2020

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Is there actual utility in Alpha clone folk joining for the horn of goondor?

I was in GSF originally, got picked up by suas and his merry band in space violence and ended up following them out to independence for a while, but GEWNS is my a solid home and I have fond memories of playing EVE, but am not planning on curbing my Apex Legends time, meaning I wouldn't be playing enough to pay for a sub in game.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

The call of the Goon is tempting but I have a pact with the ex topgoon leadership that if any of us rejoin the others get to call them a double-nerd so I dunno if the stakes are really high enough to risk that

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mehall posted:

Is there actual utility in Alpha clone folk joining for the horn of goondor?

I was in GSF originally, got picked up by suas and his merry band in space violence and ended up following them out to independence for a while, but GEWNS is my a solid home and I have fond memories of playing EVE, but am not planning on curbing my Apex Legends time, meaning I wouldn't be playing enough to pay for a sub in game.

hey i remember mehall i miss the syndicate days.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

orange juche posted:

I'd come back if folks like luigi thirty, koshka narkotikov and schadenfreud came back but i don't think they're coming back lol

maybe they'll read an email and come back, but I've got no taste for supercap tidishitfests i'm too old and don't have enough time for that bullshit.

sure I could strap into a super and spend 12 hours waiting for fighters to cycle and losing a timer but why would I do that to myself when I have real world obligations like a job that makes real money vs eve that makes me no money.

also apparently comms are in the worst state theyve ever been wrt pubbie brainpoison. don't need to go in to comms and hear "kek" and "poggers" and dumb poo poo like that. i guess it's a step up from racist slurs but hey.

Join blackops and be a goof with a cloak, but yeah mainfleet coms are rough

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Foehammer007 posted:

Join blackops and be a goof with a cloak, but yeah mainfleet coms are rough

mainfleet: not even once

are there any active combat squads/sigs anymore or is it mainfleet all the way down

e: badops doesn't count

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It used to be pretty dire, I've not been in gewns since 2018? Earlier? Dunno if anything is still kicking

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

orange juche posted:

hey i remember mehall i miss the syndicate days.

same buddy, same, they were good days.
BOS fleets were often fun but tbh I was already kinda bitter vetting when they had left the coalition

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i think last year when i was in mainfleet i went to the FC voice only partition of the channel or something

anyways i just logged in to asset safety my poo poo from the old ks to the new one, luckily my super was already in the new one so easy as

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

ChickenWing posted:

are there any active combat squads/sigs anymore or is it mainfleet all the way down

There's a decent number of sigs so that you don't need to mainfleet if you don't want to. Hell, there are even some long term chill gatecampsof that's your thing.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

ChickenWing posted:

When I was playing in GSF like year ago or two ago there was a group that would just take a wormhole every day to wherever with like 40 coercers and die trying to kill like a marauder or something and that was actually pretty fun. Then one day that same group was suddenly insisting everyone buy doctrine ships to shoot structures like 30 jumps away for null sec political reasons (?) so I left. Check them out if they are back to being useless I guess.

Alternatively just join a corp or alliance that does that only does that stuff.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

ChickenWing posted:

Not crazy active ones, most are mainfleet support stuff. Maybe a couple outside of that, obviously everyone is focusing on the war

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rutibex posted:

I don't think normal carriers are ever used in any fleets? I've never seen a call for them. I figure if the capital ships are coming out people will be jumping in their supers or dreadnoughts.

There's plenty of pings for carriers and dreads, I see them more often than I have super pings

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

orange juche posted:

Lies, I was there!!!! And I am playing.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Kazinsal posted:

Yes, a lot of our poo poo is in subcaps. Well-leveled battleship skills are good to have.
Does that include Ravens? I've always liked those.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Does that include Ravens? I've always liked those.

Same here I still have one and it has a really pretty skin too.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

orange juche posted:

I'd come back if folks like luigi thirty,

[9:13 AM] me: @Luigi Thirty orange juche wants u to play eve online lol
[9:13 AM] Luigi Thirty: never again

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I would strongly prefer if old, very racist propaganda videos stayed on the goonfleet forums. Either that, or preface them with "content warning: 2010 goons"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

So I've really only been casually checking r/eve for any news, what's goin on with this war thing now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

at first i thought you were talking about racism against germans and then i rewatched the video for the first time in 10 years

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

[9:13 AM] me: @Luigi Thirty orange juche wants u to play eve online lol
[9:13 AM] Luigi Thirty: never again

Thanks for checking deadtear

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

at first i thought you were talking about racism against germans and then i rewatched the video for the first time in 10 years

Nope there's lots of stuff that hasnt aged well in there.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

ChickenWing posted:

no numismancer hurf in thread, thread title not funny enough, 0/10 inferior hornblowing

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

orange juche posted:

Nope there's lots of stuff that hasnt aged well in there.

Operation "Not-So-Easy-Bake Oven" endures

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

delve has an insane number of supers floating around to the point that i spent close to a year ratting in one
Don't tempt me to resub my Titan ready character. Which titan? Yes. Which dread? Yes. Need the other 3 carrier skills though

Wow, I haven't been in GoonFleet since 2009

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

zegermans posted:

So I've really only been casually checking r/eve for any news, what's goin on with this war thing now

TEST and GSF have been skirmishing in Period Basis / Esoteria with no sovereignty being lost on either side.
BRAVE have been attacking Querious with meh results.
PANFAM have glassed the entirety of Fountain and have left the region to now stage in low sec next to Querious.

PANFAM, BRAVE and TEST super cap fleet has combined and are now within jump range of Delve.

DGC773 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
but will they commit hmmm