Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

the birth of true fascism and the litmus test of whether the mattering can ever return

dont think mattering will ever be back

dont hope

dont dream

just          

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Relevant Tangent posted:

Be specific here, what part of making the South deeply indebted to the North for the next century (a fact they could get away from by moving away, it's not like you have to stay in loving Mississippi) qualifies as genocide?

well salting the earth doesn't really imply deep indebtedness, it implies crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentations of their women so you'll forgive the misunderstanding there

but that said, moving away is a rich person's solution. especially after the ACW if the radical reconstruction was followed, the people who would have been forced to stay put and pay were not the bigwig ex confederates (who would have moved to utah or montana or something), it would have been the black sharecroppers who were suddenly belched out onto the world with no direction.

in general though, punitive post-war policies really only work when you are both physically capable of eradicating the entire population you're punishing and you're morally bankrupt enough to actually carry that eradication out. only then does it make something resembling sense for the subjugated people to do what you say since their alternative is oblivion.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 10, 2017

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

I just can't fathom any voters that matter not being pissed about this. The only people that even know what the nuclear option did are a very active and engaged minority of your base, none of which are angry or motivated because of loving "decorum."

I am so loving sick of feeling embarrassed because I'm a democrat.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eonwe posted:

how hard is it to say

"that was unacceptable and we're going to get to the bottom of this"

instead of "we're sorry we had to re-accomodate some people"

get hosed

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I hope Uniteds solution to this is to ban taking pictures and videos inside their planes or something lol. That would be amazing.

And the CEO can get another PR award lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

it's cool that United is getting like 99% of the blowback over this and not the police who attacked and concussed an innocent citizen

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Consummate Professional posted:

Please link. That sounds ridiculous

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-baker-corporate-tax-20170410-story.html

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sir Tonk posted:

That was posted in the thread back when it came out, had basically zero effect and wasn't really carried by any major networks.

Because while it's almost certain that there was a lot of cocaine and underage girls at a party thrown by a rich person in the 80s, it's still hearsay

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

isnt that immoral

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Just in case anyone is worried, United's stock finished higher today.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Pook Good Mook posted:

I 100% agree. The time to bump him was before he got on the plane. That gate agent is probably getting fired and I hope these pictures stay in the news all week.

Any anti-corporate sentiment is good at this point. I just personally foresee this easily becoming a missed point where people bitch about bumping generally, rather than police acting as corporate enforcers.

Totally agree on the timing of he bumping.

Not sure I see your point on the corporate police issue here. The issue is air travel is heavily regulated by the federal government (and for good reason) so it's not a cut and dry issue of cops being a corporate tool here.

I agree that it's an issue and this should be a big deal but I don't think it will because of the specifics I mentioned.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
yeah good luck getting anyone to go on the record for that story

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

shiksa posted:

Because while it's almost certain that there was a lot of cocaine and underage girls at a party thrown by a rich person in the 80s, it's still hearsay

It also doesn't matter if it's true.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

:wrong:

each passenger is a piñata filled with money that the airlines can and will beat, sometimes physically, to wring every last inch of profit from, even if it means kicking them off of a flight

Its for security reasons mind you. It has to be this way

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted:

I just can't fathom any voters that matter not being pissed about this. The only people that even know what the nuclear option did are a very active and engaged minority of your base, none of which are angry or motivated because of loving "decorum."

don't immediately jump to conclude this guy represents the whole party then and in fact do the opposite and you'll feel less embarrassed

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

you know its more fun when im returning :wink:

hey there!

well, you know that goes without sayin'!
:wink:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Different angle....

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Coolguye posted:

well salting the earth doesn't really imply deep indebtedness, it implies crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentations of their women so you'll forgive the misunderstanding there

but that said, moving away is a rich person's solution. especially after the ACW if the radical reconstruction was followed, the people who would have been forced to stay put and pay were not the bigwig ex confederates (who would have moved to utah or montana or something), it would have been the black sharecroppers who were suddenly belched out onto the world with no direction.

That's fair. Alright, so we literally salt the earth, and then anyone who wants out moves away and the people who are left starve to death. Still not genocide though. I mean it'd be monstrously stupid because that's our land. otoh in Germany, if we'd salted the earth it wouldn't be our land. German people are too worried about repaying their crushing war debts and getting food to raise a generation of people susceptible to Hitler's bullshit and WW2 doesn't happen. Mostly because everyone leaves Germany and the people who don't starve. Still not genocide though. I mean, we'd happily sell them food and I'm sure the French/Polish/Russian governments would have enjoyed selling them food as well.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Augus posted:

isn't that illegal

aww :kiddo:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

When they go low, we go high!

Is there an emote for Punching yourself in the dick?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Pook Good Mook posted:

So here's the thing. This is one (idiotic) dude. Who gives a gently caress what he says? All you say if someone brings this up is 'yeah that dude's a total rear end in a top hat' and then you move on. It doesn't embarrass democrats, it embarrasses that dude.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/10/us/federal-judge-strikes-down-texas-voter-id-law.html

:toot:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's cool that United is getting like 99% of the blowback over this and not the police who attacked and concussed an innocent citizen

the police are poo poo but united is even more poo poo for everything leading up to it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

they both hosed up insanely

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/TeenVogue/status/851550393440120833

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

SKULL.GIF posted:

rent-a-goons are a dime a dozen. holding the corporations that employ them (and let's be honest, the cops are employed by corporations) responsible for their actions is actually a much quicker way to get them to stop doing poo poo than anything else.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Coolguye posted:

there was no point in them talking about it as much as they had at the time anyway. comey was pretty clear that the investigation was ongoing and would be ongoing for quite some time because the scope of it kept increasing.

there's zero reason to suspect that the national domestic police force is packing it in due to some foreign events. things are probably unfolding pretty much as they otherwise would.

yeah didn't watergate happen while nixon was still in his first term but didn't come to light until his second

this is kinda a different beast and i'd think that should real damning poo poo get found, they'd bring it to light asap, but otoh if poo poo keeps increasing in scope that'd logically mean it'd take that much longer and they might not want to go after anyone until they are sure they got everything straight

but all the logic goes out the window when you remember emails so i don't know what the poo poo to expect with this poo poo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lmaoooo

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i vote we cleanse both the owners and operators of united airlines and also every police officer in america from the face of the planet

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i get my mattering from teen vogue thank you very much :o:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/851241347054960641

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

So here's the thing. This is one (idiotic) dude. Who gives a gently caress what he says? All you say if someone brings this up is 'yeah that dude's a total rear end in a top hat' and then you move on. It doesn't embarrass democrats, it embarrasses that dude.

:hf:

together we can all act like the democrat party is strong and cool and good and has genuine appeal to human beings by not wringing our hands like whiny bitches at the drop of a hat

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Relevant Tangent posted:

I can only hope that being from Mass. his phone lines are blowing up with godless New England liberals calling him out.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

"these Twitter flashmobs are highly organized affairs brokered between international leaders in the far right shitposting community" - https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/trump-shitposters-twitter-bots

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Do not post bitch miller

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/10/us/federal-judge-strikes-down-texas-voter-id-law.html?_r=0

NYT posted:

The appeals court — the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, in New Orleans — found that Judge Ramos had relied too heavily on Texas’ history of enacting discriminatory voting measures and other evidence the Fifth Circuit called infirm, and asked her to reweigh the question of discriminatory intent.

After reviewing it a second time, yep, still discriminatory.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
no conflict of interest, no conflict of interest... you're the conflict of interest

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/4/10/headlines/raytheon_stocks_surge_after_chemical_attack_personally_benefiting_trump

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

drat thats a badass picture

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Relevant Tangent posted:

$20 says he got bumped because he was Asian and they thought he'd argue less about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Who will stand up for the contract of cohesion terms and conditions and defend them against the strong Asian martial arts master that could only be removed with the strength of 3 law enforcement professionals? Someone please think of the contracts.

• Locked thread