Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Lady Mineta would be better because the boys in this anime are all cool and funny and Uraraka is the only good girl in class 1-A.

Replace Froppy with Yaoi Hands, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lot of bad opinions starting out this page imo

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Better fix that by saying we need more Jirou doing cool stuff. Actually just Jirou doing regular stuff would be cool too.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Lady Mineta would be better because the boys in this anime are all cool and funny and Uraraka is the only good girl in class 1-A.

Yaoyorozu is very good.

Agree about Kendou being cool though.

Logicblade posted:

Better fix that by saying we need more Jirou doing cool stuff. Actually just Jirou doing regular stuff would be cool too.

I want to see all of Class 1-A get more stuff to do but Jirou is probably at the top of the list of students that should get some spotlight.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Tollymain posted:

lot of bad opinions starting out this page imo

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it's true, there are no good girls in class 1-A.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

:mad:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Uraraka is the only good girl in class 1-A.

Countblanc posted:

wtf

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I think the League of Villains has infiltrated this topic.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'd just want more cool girls, but someone decided to bring diss into this.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Countblanc posted:

I agree.

Nobody rates below excellent.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers dropping.

so far:

The exact mechanics of Toga's quirk are explained. She can turn into a person for a whole day if she ingests about 1 cup of their blood. I doubt we're going for medical accuracy here but Kemi is likely in really bad shape if Toga impersonated her for 3-4 days, regardless if she only took it a bit at a time.

Ending stinger is Mirio confronting Overhaul. Mirio's eyes are shown in greater detail for dramatic effect and you can see his sclera/iris/pupils which is kinda weird.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 17, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
http://manga.fascans.com/manga/my-hero-academia/149/3 chapter.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I am glad my friends Toga and Twice are here to save us from the yakuza.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Glad we'll finally see Mirio again. FWIW I was rereading my volumes recently and All Might specifically says he chose Deku because he believes Deku to have something no one else does. I'll post it when home. IIRC it's when Deku asks All Might if Todoroki would be a better choice after the sports day.

Terper posted:

I am glad my friends Toga and Twice are here to save us from the yakuza.

Heck same

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mirio is looking a hell of a lot like All-Might in that last page. That's probably not a good sign.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
strange choice of words from Mirio.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fabricated posted:

That's what I thought too but I figure I'll wait for the official release or it could be aping that kind of goofy superman stuff. Like when he appears and Lex Luthor is stealing the moon or something and he's like "Hello Lex, out for a stroll this evening are we?".

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So was Magne trans?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The Villain Island 4koma stuff was so good :allears:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Radish posted:

So was Magne trans?
assuming the translation is accurate, seems that way.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Radish posted:

So was Magne trans?
Or at least identified as female. Took me a second to get that Twice was pissed at Overhaul for misgendering Magne.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Radish posted:

So was Magne trans?

People are definitely mixing her pronouns but there's been no explanation of that so far. Because it's a manga I'd be pretty surprised if that's what Horikoshi was going for but it'd be great if he was. I think it might be to do with the whole Magnetism N/S thing. The last time I remember people discussing something like this was Killua's sister/brother in Hunter X Hunter but the most likely explanation for that was to do with Japanese curse superstition, and it's actually a plot point in the latest JoJo part.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also Mirio's close up eyes look alright. I'm guessing "a moment of your time" is just a cool way of saying "time for a fight" and not some hint at betrayal.

EmmyOk posted:

People are definitely mixing her pronouns but there's been no explanation of that so far. Because it's a manga I'd be pretty surprised if that's what Horikoshi was going for but it'd be great if he was. I think it might be to do with the whole Magnetism N/S thing. The last time I remember people discussing something like this was Killua's sister/brother in Hunter X Hunter but the most likely explanation for that was to do with Japanese curse superstition, and it's actually a plot point in the latest JoJo part.

Supposedly both Spinner and Toga have referred to Magne as "sister" or something similar (I don't know exactly which chapter) so that's three members of the villain alliance and if true makes it less likely to be a mistake. It may just be some honorific that people are getting confused but in this chapter it was pretty clear Twice was offended at the incorrect gender being applied.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 17, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Radish posted:

So was Magne trans?

No idea but apparently Toga has called Magne "big sis" so who knows.

The manga already does have a trans man so it's not out of the realm of possibility :shrug:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Aurora posted:

The manga already does have a trans man so it's not out of the realm of possibility :shrug:

Yeah you're right! I never knew that, apparently the male member of the Pussycats transitioned a long time ago in Thailand. It's listed in his profile in Volume 9 according to the wiki.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah you're right! I never knew that, apparently the male member of the Pussycats transitioned a long time ago in Thailand. It's listed in his profile in Volume 9 according to the wiki.

I had no idea until I bought vol 9 last week.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Radish posted:

So was Magne trans?

Aurora posted:

Also Twice got super angry when Magne was called "him." What more do you want? To have seen the sensitivity training scene where Shigaraki tells Moonfish when it is, and isn't, appropriate to murder everyone with super teeth?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Radish posted:

So was Magne trans?

According to the FA notes, the ne part of her name is from nee-chan and she speaks in a feminine way in Japanese, also there was the flashback before she died, so it seems fairly likely.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mystic Mongol posted:

Also Twice got super angry when Magne was called "him." What more do you want? To have seen the sensitivity training scene where Shigaraki tells Moonfish when it is, and isn't, appropriate to murder everyone with super teeth?

Chill.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mystic Mongol posted:

Sounds like a good omake chapter.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay guys we really need to start budgeting better or The League of Villains will go bust soon. Let's look at our expenses and see where we can make some cuts

Food: $500
Accommodation: $1200
Various knives: $120
Toothpaste: $6000
Utilities: $1150

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mirio gonna diiiiiieeeee

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So how long was Toga transformed into Camie

'cause that's a lot of blood. RIP, we hardly knew ye.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Terper posted:

So how long was Toga transformed into Camie

'cause that's a lot of blood. RIP, we hardly knew ye.

How long has it been since the licence test? I would have to hope that school and police have been looking for her.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Like I said I think Mirio's line is more of a Superman/All Might "good day to you villain" quip than anything else but it'd be interesting if he became to the villains what they thought Bakugo would be, and he's the traitor. I really don't think this and it's a very idle thought I'm playing with in my head.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Okay guys we really need to start budgeting better or The League of Villains will go bust soon. Let's look at our expenses and see where we can make some cuts

Food: $500
Accommodation: $1200
Various knives: $120
Toothpaste: $6000
Utilities: $1150

please help my family is dying

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I understand the Villain Alliance's plan, now. Shigaraki either knew or assumed that the Yakuza had someone who could read minds or compel truth, so he didn't give the interns any order or plans to undercut his new "allies." But he also knew they would 100% lose their temper and ruin everything pretty quickly. It's a really clever move, that relies on the differences between the Villain Alliance and other criminal organizations--the VA can absorb troublemakers and lunatics without much trouble, but the Yakuza can't handle people who don't follow orders.

Toga and Twice were supposed to destroy the Yakuza from the beginning.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fabricated posted:

EmmyOk posted:

That's what I thought too but I figure I'll wait for the official release or it could be aping that kind of goofy superman stuff. Like when he appears and Lex Luthor is stealing the moon or something and he's like "Hello Lex, out for a stroll this evening are we?".

I think it's a callback to their first meeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Miro didn't want to push things with Chisaki and wanted to let him go because he wasn't aware of Eri's circumstances, whereas Deku wanted to find out what was going on.