Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Eat a plain quarter of a head of lettuce what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

i mean you can use some kind of dressing, if you're a total pussy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I found that once I cut sugar out of my diet veggies became a whole lot nicer tasting.

Love me some raw carrots and capsicum.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

Eat a plain quarter of a head of lettuce what the gently caress

Freeze some basalmic vinegar. Take the quarter of lettuce and brush it with olive oil, sprinkle some parmesan cheese on it. Pit it face down on a grill and get a nice sear. Scrape some of that frozen balsamic vinegar ice on top. Delicious

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I admit I juice and smoothie like a trendy shithead because its hard for me to get my veggies in otherwise.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Forcing your body to break down the cell walls of your fruits & veggies causes the sugars to be released more evenly and slowly, which means your body doesn't have to overproduce insulin so quickly. E.g., it's better for you in particular if you are at risk of the diabeetuss. E.g. it's best to not grind up your fruits & veggies, although obviously if that's what you gotta do to get them down, go for it, and as a weightlifter you're probably not at risk of the diabeetuss.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Goddamn it's perfect in Chicago. Worked a beer tent for a few hours and got tons of free Three Floyd's, Half Acre, Band of Bohemia beer. Plus a shitload of free brisket :getin:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

Forcing your body to break down the cell walls of your fruits & veggies causes the sugars to be released more evenly and slowly, which means your body doesn't have to overproduce insulin so quickly. E.g., it's better for you in particular if you are at risk of the diabeetuss. E.g. it's best to not grind up your fruits & veggies, although obviously if that's what you gotta do to get them down, go for it, and as a weightlifter you're probably not at risk of the diabeetuss.

i want a lepurflesh essay on the supremacy of brevity

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah its not like its my only source, I just prefer to be safe than sorry with my veggies and fruits.

I do in season fruit and kale/spinach for lunch and carrots and peppers with dinner, but I toss in a smoothie or juice to go with it

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Leperflesh posted:

You also lose some of the fiber benefits when you put your fruits and veggies into smoothie form.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Just put them straight in your b hole imo.

My wife is at a Train concert so I'm drinking Mount Gay and Cokes and playing online poker for the first time in like 3 years and I'm really bad

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Spoeank posted:

a patagonian cavy fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 9, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

hahahaha I got bounced from this sit'n'go on the third hand because someone went all in with 99 and I had KK and he hit a 9 on the flop

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Thinking about buying a vacuum sealer, anyone have recommendations? Or good/bad things to say about them generally?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

swickles posted:

I like cooking spinach in duck fat. Also, cooking kale with a bit of garlic and like a tablespoon or two of red wine makes it real good.

I like browning the garlic in olive oil, adding the kale and cooking it down in chicken stock or veggie stock, then tossing it with a bit of balsamic. Salt and pepper to taste

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Never eat a carb

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This dude on UFC 213 just walked out to the Mortal Kombat theme

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Intruder posted:

This dude on UFC 213 just walked out to the Mortal Kombat theme

my man

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Always only eat plants there ya go I just made ya healthier

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Always only eat plants there ya go I just made ya healthier

Sometimes those plants have been cooked at a very low temperature in butter for 24+ hours and have interesting properties

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

:stare:

I made a frozen pizza. Red Baron > all.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

186 posted:

I tried to find someone using a pizza as an rear end funnel but was unable to.

Not even anything on #pizzabutt on deviantart.

I feel like this is an unfulfilled fetish territory we could really corner the market on.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I weep for your browser history.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I weep for his future google ads

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my hot take on spiderman

he's a completely ancillary character and was treated as such

my take on vegetables

eat them

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

did they show uncle ben get murked for the 500th time in the last 20 years

Edit: that reminds me Brian Posehn had a great joke at id10t fest about how in 2017 makes no sense not because trump is president but because he wants to gently caress Aunt May

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

186 posted:

The pizzeria style digiornos are pretty good.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Spoeank posted:

did they show uncle ben get murked for the 500th time in the last 20 years

Edit: that reminds me Brian Posehn had a great joke at id10t fest about how in 2017 makes no sense not because trump is president but because he wants to gently caress Aunt May

No Uncle Ben, and his origin story is a single line of dialogue "So you got bit by a radioactive spider?" "Yeah."

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Wonder Woman was really good, ya'll

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

My wife is at a Train concert so I'm drinking Mount Gay and Cokes and playing online poker for the first time in like 3 years and I'm really bad
Which site?

Man I miss playing online poker. When I got my wisdom teeth pulled out seven years ago I spent part of my downtime on a Friday night playing a $10 buy-in tourney on PokerStars till 4AM and walked away with $9,000. I miss those days :smith:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

joe's special: brown a pound of ground beef, drain the fat. Remove the meat, sautee half an onion diced along with a couple three cloves of garlic. When it's nice and clear, mix in lots of fresh or frozen spinach, get that mostly cooked, and then throw back in the meat, cook another minute, add in three or four eggs and scramble it all together. Add plenty of cracked black pepper and salt to taste. Packed with protein, vitamins, not too much fat, low carbs. Awesome. My favorite way to eat spinach.

Why not just spend the extra 2 minutes and make a frittata at that point?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Online poker was great because in about a week it demonstrated beyond all doubt that I'm spectacularly awful at gambling and should never, ever do it. I only spent like $40 but still.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm going to the track today. God damnit. But I can't wait. Suffolk Downs Syndrome baby!!!!!!! Revere trash let's go!!!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

BACK UP THE BRINKS TRUCK SHRIMPY NEED KNEW SHOES!!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I really want to do the gulf stream horse races

Living like a king mother fucker

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm at the gym, squatting plates

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I hosed up and didn't drink enough water last night

Lifting was hell

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Finally gonna try to play XCom 2. COMMANDER

FFXIV has a bit of a hold on me at the moment though.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

Finally gonna try to play XCom 2. COMMANDER

FFXIV has a bit of a hold on me at the moment though.

XCOM2 is good as hell

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Should try putting a bar between them bro, will take your lifting to the next level *mel tip*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm having a delicious ipa at a little dive just outside of Allegheny National Forest, where I rode quads on the fire roads all morning.

• Locked thread