Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

delta534 posted:

Using the latest version of FNV4gb.exe, you have to install the injector version of ENB and add -extradll enbseries.dll as a launch option to FNV4gb for it to work. The easy method of doing this is creating a shortcut to FNV4gb.exe and putting -extradll enbseries.dll as part of the target.

That worked for me. Thanks a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I have a question. I been playing New Vegas with the Tale of Two Wasteland and Project Nevada. TotW has a optional esp to reduce EXP by half, but Project Nevada has EXP set for 100%. I haven't tried changing the setting in PN because I don't know which one takes priority. I would had to make EXP down to 25%. Right now I been doing the Old World Blues DLC, which I started at level 6, but now level 15 toward the end after doing most of the activities there. You think the half EXP is working or should I try lowering it in PN?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Rirse posted:

I have a question. I been playing New Vegas with the Tale of Two Wasteland and Project Nevada. TotW has a optional esp to reduce EXP by half, but Project Nevada has EXP set for 100%. I haven't tried changing the setting in PN because I don't know which one takes priority. I would had to make EXP down to 25%. Right now I been doing the Old World Blues DLC, which I started at level 6, but now level 15 toward the end after doing most of the activities there. You think the half EXP is working or should I try lowering it in PN?

Whichever one loads last. Don't use TotW's module and just PN's.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SpookyLizard posted:

Whichever one loads last. Don't use TotW's module and just PN's.

Okay, I just disable that ESP and reduced the EXP once I leave Old World Blues.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Rirse posted:

Okay, I just disable that ESP and reduced the EXP once I leave Old World Blues.

Yeah, when things conflict like that its better to just nix one, so you have a little bit smaller of a load order. There are also some mods the give you even more customization on XP gain, but I don't know how poo poo like that interacts with totw

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is the muzzle rise after firing guns (especially noticeable on scoped rifles) cosmetic or does it affect the point of aim? As far as I can tell on vanilla rifles the animation is always shorter than the minimum time between shots making it irrelevant. (e:Can't tell with the marksman carbine/all american, because it fires so quickly. Can't depend on bullet decals because the hypothetical distance between the shot would be too small to generate two decals, and spread would affect shots from far away).

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 5, 2013

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a way to use JIP Companions Command and Control without the ugly hud? I didn't like it and disable it, but now the mod isn't working.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I'm not sure if this is mod related or not, but my Roughin' it! Bedroll Kit doesn't work. When I use it a dialog pops up saying to close Pip-Boy, then when I close it nothing happens. I only have one in my inventory and I am outside. Mods I am using: JSawyer, PN, some graphical mods that wouldn't be relevant. Anyone have any idea what this is about? I can't even remember the last place in the Divide with a bed and I've got sleep deprivation.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

So there doesn't really seem to be a thread for this but...

So I'm trying out a Fallout 3 playthrough and modded the game out (actually very easy, most FO3 mods seem to all be rolled into a few megapacks these days)

But holy poo poo, Fallout Wanderers Edition makes the gameplay nuts. This is coming from a person who regularly does New Vegas runs with Hardcore+PN Core+JSawyer+CCO on the hardest difficulty but the whole "ammo is rarer, ammo is more expensive, companions need ammo all the time, crippled limbs are really common, any sort of healing is a pain in the rear end[/i] etc etc, it was just too much. I think I spent like three hours just around the Megaton area trying to scrounge up enough money to buy Jericho but usually I was just selling off raider loot from the high school to make up for the cost in ammo I had just used to kill people. I thought having a companion would smooth things out but he just ended up being another mouth to feed in re: ammo and healing costs. Not to mention Fallout 3 is terrible in regards to merchants so finding someone to actually sell me 10mm ammo was next to impossible.

Christ. I ended up just putting most of the settings to vanilla and while I like FWE bringing FO3 closer to FNV in some aspects but goddamn. I want to play a zany RPG in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, not actually feel like I'm miserable and stabbing someone for their two hundred years old blamco and cheese (weirdly, the food & drink portion of the mod is actually probably more tame than what you find in FNV). If I wanted to be unhappy while playing a game, I'd just fire up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or something.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Berke Negri posted:

So there doesn't really seem to be a thread for this but...

So I'm trying out a Fallout 3 playthrough and modded the game out (actually very easy, most FO3 mods seem to all be rolled into a few megapacks these days)

But holy poo poo, Fallout Wanderers Edition makes the gameplay nuts. This is coming from a person who regularly does New Vegas runs with Hardcore+PN Core+JSawyer+CCO on the hardest difficulty but the whole "ammo is rarer, ammo is more expensive, companions need ammo all the time, crippled limbs are really common, any sort of healing is a pain in the rear end[/i] etc etc, it was just too much. I think I spent like three hours just around the Megaton area trying to scrounge up enough money to buy Jericho but usually I was just selling off raider loot from the high school to make up for the cost in ammo I had just used to kill people. I thought having a companion would smooth things out but he just ended up being another mouth to feed in re: ammo and healing costs. Not to mention Fallout 3 is terrible in regards to merchants so finding someone to actually sell me 10mm ammo was next to impossible.

Christ. I ended up just putting most of the settings to vanilla and while I like FWE bringing FO3 closer to FNV in some aspects but goddamn. I want to play a zany RPG in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, not actually feel like I'm miserable and stabbing someone for their two hundred years old blamco and cheese (weirdly, the food & drink portion of the mod is actually probably more tame than what you find in FNV). If I wanted to be unhappy while playing a game, I'd just fire up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or something.

I'm actually disappointed that there was never a mod like FWE for New Vegas, honestly. I mean, FWE was fully configurable, but you could tell that the authors intended to create a game that was balls-hard. It was sort of like the first 45 minutes of Fallout 1 + 2, where a fistful of bullets was a real treat and you cherished every item you could find--except for the entire game. JSawyer, PN, CCO, Puce Moose, none of the NV overhauls can touch just how mean FWE was. I loved it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I've just fired up New Vegas again and I'm having an issue with the Ling's Coiffure mod it would seem. I'm trying to make an Asian character and on the character creator, it shows up as brown as one might expect. When I come out though the skin's bleach white and a bunch of the hairs aren't loading correctly. The Hispanic model seems to be fine as does the African one, but dammit if all Asians in the game end up looking like Michael Jackson. Also a bunch of the hairs just end up with the character being bald. I have tried the trick in the OP and it doesn't seem to do anything here. I can post a load order if that helps.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 6, 2013

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm actually disappointed that there was never a mod like FWE for New Vegas, honestly. I mean, FWE was fully configurable, but you could tell that the authors intended to create a game that was balls-hard. It was sort of like the first 45 minutes of Fallout 1 + 2, where a fistful of bullets was a real treat and you cherished every item you could find--except for the entire game. JSawyer, PN, CCO, Puce Moose, none of the NV overhauls can touch just how mean FWE was. I loved it.

Project Nevada released their "Extra Options". One of their presets is to make the game play more FWE. You can give that try. You can probably find a trader mod that'll up the price of ammo, too.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

In Lombard Station what am I missing here?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Nuka Grenades, perhaps?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I decided to try out Increased Wasteland Spawns. Anything important I should know about it (apart from the fact that it will probably make the game more unstable)? Maybe some recommended settings? I'm not looking for any crazy warzones, just a bit more enemies and whatnot to spice things up.

Smol fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 7, 2013

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Smol posted:

I decided to try out Increased Wasteland Spawns. Anything important I should know about it (apart from the fact that it will probably make the game more unstable)? Maybe some recommended settings? I'm not looking for any crazy warzones, just a bit more enemies and whatnot to spice things up.

Interior spawns might break scripts IE: the robots in repconn attack immediately as if you were caught without ID

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 7, 2013

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Pwnstar posted:

In Lombard Station what am I missing here?

Stun Grenades, according to the GECK.

Speaking of the GECK and Lombard Station, I've been messing around with it and I'm curious if anyone has any requests for it. So far I've done the following:

- Changed the weapon sort system to use a single console rather than separate walls
- Some script modifications to make the sorting scripts easier to extend to various mods that add new equipment
- Added a Weapon Mod storage box in place of the old power console (the one with the note) in the crafting area
- Added two mini-fridges, one for drinks and one for perishable ingredients
- Allowed the Aid sort clipboard to sort your cash, including Caravan money
- Change some of the sorting categories for items, because while you get Abaraxo Cleaner from other people's kitchens, you don't cook with it.

I've got the following on my to-do list:
- Make a Pre-Order Pack compatibility patch
- Maybe make a room behind the American Flag (not sure what I'd do with it yet, but there's a door there and by drat I want to use it for something)
- Make a patch for WMX
- Maybe make a patch for Mail Order Catalogs, to put a drop box outside the cave entrance.

Not looking to do a lot of compatibility patches, personally, since there are a lot of mods I just don't use, but I'll be including a guide for other modders to add their new items to the sorting scripts.

Kugyou no Tenshi fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 7, 2013

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Does Lombard Station or some other mod restore them? As far as I can tell, they were cut from the game.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Smol posted:

Does Lombard Station or some other mod restore them? As far as I can tell, they were cut from the game.
Well, that just got added to my to-do list. Why have a slot reserved for an item that doesn't exist without mods/console commands? Probably put the Nuka Grenade there, then, maybe. Nuka Grenades are on the bottom shelf next to the Bottlecap mine. That was the Powder Charge down there.

Kugyou no Tenshi fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 7, 2013

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

How about tin grenades then? I don't see them in the screenshot.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Smol posted:

How about tin grenades then? I don't see them in the screenshot.

For some reason, the Nuka Grenade (I was wrong about where it was), MFC Grenade, and the Tin Grenade are stocked over by the Fat Man ammo. I'm not even sure anymore about the placement choices. I might rearrange everything in a fit of pique once I get the scripting finished, though. Or I might take all my scripts and try my hand at making my own player home instead. That's just how I roll.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Speaking of the GECK and Lombard Station, I've been messing around with it and I'm curious if anyone has any requests for it. So far I've done the following:

Not looking to do a lot of compatibility patches, personally, since there are a lot of mods I just don't use, but I'll be including a guide for other modders to add their new items to the sorting scripts.

Put stealth boys somewhere. As far as compatibility patches, I think lots of goons will want something for JSawyer, since it adds expired stimpacks.

Smol posted:

I think they may have come back with GRA.

edit: found it. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nuka-grenade_(Mad_Bomber)_(GRA)
\/\/\/\/I guess you were looking at the Fallout 3 version?\/\/\/\/

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 7, 2013

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Hobo on Fire posted:

Put stealth boys somewhere. As far as compatibility patches, I think lots of goons will want something for JSawyer, since it adds expired stimpacks.
Yeah, Stealth Boys are going to be shoved into the "Other" box in the medical station, most likely. I think that's where I have them slotted right now.

quote:

Wiki says they're completely cut.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

They came back as flashbangs in Lonesome Road. But you can already see flashbangs in the screenshot, so the empty space for stun grenades seems superfluous.

Hobo on Fire posted:

Yes. Support for expired and homemade stimpaks would be great. Also weapon repair kits.

Hobo on Fire posted:

edit: found it. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nuka-grenade_(Mad_Bomber)_(GRA)
\/\/\/\/I guess you were looking at the Fallout 3 version?\/\/\/\/
We were talking about stun grenades there. It seems like I forgot to quote the relevant post. Sorry about that.

Smol fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 7, 2013

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

D'oh. I got fixated on the wrong thing. Oh well, I'm glad somebody is picking up the torch with Lombard Station. That'll be a new link in the OP for sure.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

- Changed the weapon sort system to use a single console rather than separate walls
- Some script modifications to make the sorting scripts easier to extend to various mods that add new equipment
- Added a Weapon Mod storage box in place of the old power console (the one with the note) in the crafting area
- Added two mini-fridges, one for drinks and one for perishable ingredients
- Allowed the Aid sort clipboard to sort your cash, including Caravan money
- Change some of the sorting categories for items, because while you get Abaraxo Cleaner from other people's kitchens, you don't cook with it.

I've got the following on my to-do list:
- Make a Pre-Order Pack compatibility patch
- Maybe make a room behind the American Flag (not sure what I'd do with it yet, but there's a door there and by drat I want to use it for something)
- Make a patch for WMX
- Maybe make a patch for Mail Order Catalogs, to put a drop box outside the cave entrance.

This sounds loving GREAT, Lombard Station is one of my favorite mods for New Vegas, glad to see it's being picked up again.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Two ENB Series questions: is it common to have totally messed up water reflections (the surface is totally see-through with radiating white lines and fuzz all over), and is there an easy way to get night vision type effects to work?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Seashell Salesman posted:

Two ENB Series questions: is it common to have totally messed up water reflections (the surface is totally see-through with radiating white lines and fuzz all over), and is there an easy way to get night vision type effects to work?

1) Yeah, pretty much every ENB config tells you to just disable them in the graphic options because they don't work right with it.

2) Eeeeeh... not really? I think Blackout supposedly had those effects working, but by itself ENB screws with the game's way of applying visual overlays. Luckily you can enable/disable ENB on the fly, so at worst you can always disable ENB while using night vision.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

If the question is "is x broken in ENB", the answer is yes.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

GrizzlyCow posted:

Project Nevada released their "Extra Options". One of their presets is to make the game play more FWE. You can give that try. You can probably find a trader mod that'll up the price of ammo, too.

Interesting, I didn't know about this. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I've just fired up New Vegas again and I'm having an issue with the Ling's Coiffure mod it would seem. I'm trying to make an Asian character and on the character creator, it shows up as brown as one might expect. When I come out though the skin's bleach white and a bunch of the hairs aren't loading correctly. The Hispanic model seems to be fine as does the African one, but dammit if all Asians in the game end up looking like Michael Jackson. Also a bunch of the hairs just end up with the character being bald. I have tried the trick in the OP and it doesn't seem to do anything here. I can post a load order if that helps.

I don't know about the baldness problem, but if you did the .ini edit and you've still got skin mismatches, try re-toggling "archiveinvalidation" in FOMM. Sometimes it sticks and won't take new texture changes, even if archiveinvalidation is already enabled. So disable and enable it real quick and see if that does anything.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The door behind the flag was intended to be the expansion area for The Armory support, Omnicarius was going to work with us in making a huge display room for all the guns. While that's a massive project I don't expect anyone to take up, especially since TA development is all but at a stand-still these days, I would instead suggest making a Millenia weapons display room instead. I'd be willing to give you the current build of our on-hold-until-Millenia-buys-a-new-computer merged pack so you can work on it, if you like.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Naky posted:

The door behind the flag was intended to be the expansion area for The Armory support, Omnicarius was going to work with us in making a huge display room for all the guns. While that's a massive project I don't expect anyone to take up, especially since TA development is all but at a stand-still these days, I would instead suggest making a Millenia weapons display room instead. I'd be willing to give you the current build of our on-hold-until-Millenia-buys-a-new-computer merged pack so you can work on it, if you like.

Once I get the scripting sorted and tested, and all of the features smoothed out, I wouldn't mind doing something like that. (Also definitely need to get some experience actually building stuff first. I'm pretty new to all this - the last mod I did was a little dynamic timescale tweaker I made for FO3 but never released).

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Once I get the scripting sorted and tested, and all of the features smoothed out, I wouldn't mind doing something like that. (Also definitely need to get some experience actually building stuff first. I'm pretty new to all this - the last mod I did was a little dynamic timescale tweaker I made for FO3 but never released).

That's fair. Maybe in the meantime, Millenia will get his rig going and be able to finish the last weapon. The pack isn't going out without it so any progress on a room like that would have one missing weapon anyhow.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Naky posted:

That's fair. Maybe in the meantime, Millenia will get his rig going and be able to finish the last weapon. The pack isn't going out without it so any progress on a room like that would have one missing weapon anyhow.

Good to know I'm not the only one on a "When It's Done" schedule. Spent most of the last week re-familiarizing myself with the scripting, did a little texturing work, still suck at modeling (thank Bethesda there are prefab interior parts I can use, that are already used heavily in Lombard). All this was just supposed to be a compatibility patch for GTab's ammo mod with a couple recipes thrown in. Like I told a friend of mine a couple nights ago:

quote:

NOT A MODDER: A poem
First, I said "I'm not really a modder, I'm just adding in a couple recipes. Just a mod dabbler. Not even doing scripting."
Then I said "I'm not really a modder, I'm just fixing some code to be extensible. Just a mod patcher. Not even doing world-building."
Then I said "I'm not really a modder, I'm just adding in some containers for my scripts to put things into. Just a mod enabler. Not even doing interactive objects."
Then I said "I'm not really a modder, I'm just placing an activator object for a script to make more sense. Just a mod patcher. Not even doing textures."
Then I said "I'm not really a modder, I'm just changing a texture so this item looks different from a similar item. Just a mod extender. Not even doing modeling."
Then I downloaded Blender.
Did everyone get started like this?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The Armory's birth came from wanting to fix up Ahztek's lovely Shrapnel pack and add in a couple of weapons I like for my own personal use. An additional 375 weapons later, not including Millenia's weapon releases...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

If you can ensure everything displays on the walls and shelves I'll love you forever. For some reason I could never get satchel charges and a handful of melee weapons to display and it bugged me :spergin:

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

If you can ensure everything displays on the walls and shelves I'll love you forever. For some reason I could never get satchel charges and a handful of melee weapons to display and it bugged me :spergin:

Reconfiguring the ammo stocking is going to be intensive, but I got poo poo else to do with my time these days. I'll do it, but it'll take a while to get everything in a sensible configuration. Might release some incrementals once I get the base .esp functioning. Probably hack in some compatibility for the existing DLC plugins before spending the time just straight-up rebuilding them.

I'll either be picking back up tomorrow or Monday, and I'll keep y'all apprised.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Hey man if you(Or anyone else) got any questions about how poo poo works there I'll do my best to explain. I really liked working on that mod but new job kill my short-lived modding career. Glad to see it's still being used and worked on by folks :)

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
So I noticed there was the Armory 2.9 and I upgraded from 2.5.

Now I see those pesky error exclamation points all around. I tested the weapons cabinet though and it seems about 15-20% of the guns render. Any ideas on what to do to fix this? I manually overrode all the meshes/textures/sounds, removed 2.5's esp/esms and then installed 2.9.

I really want to fix this because new guns in leveled lists are awesome. Suggestions?

e: oh, holy poo poo, you're the guys who made this. Goons are awesome sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
2.5 + 2.9 on top is how it works my friend.