Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://projects.iq.harvard.edu/galileo/news/galileo-project-welcomes-christopher-mellon-and-luis-elizondo-research-affiliates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:tinylue::hf::science:

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

it's an... op?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
friendship ended with delonge

now loeb is my best friend

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!
man, seeing the birth of the freakin' warp drive would rock so much. not to mention in some of the papers on that stuff i skimmed it also could act as a giant battery via the penrose process.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

man, seeing the birth of the freakin' warp drive would rock so much. not to mention in some of the papers on that stuff i skimmed it also could act as a giant battery via the penrose process.

humanity managing to pull out of the climate disaster with star trek tech would be an extremely undeserved win but thoroughly in the spirit of zefram cochrane

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hodgepodge posted:

man, seeing the birth of the freakin' warp drive would rock so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4WiyxXpyZc

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It would be like turning up to class when your semester-long assignment is due, having done literally nothing, and immediately doing a sick 360 kickflip that impresses the professor so much he gives you a degree right there and then.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Slavvy posted:

It would be like turning up to class when your semester-long assignment is due, having done literally nothing, and immediately doing a sick 360 kickflip that impresses the professor so much he gives you a degree right there and then.

I mean, if you could would you want to do it any other way?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!

Jazerus posted:

humanity managing to pull out of the climate disaster with star trek tech would be an extremely undeserved win but thoroughly in the spirit of zefram cochrane

birds watching humanity try poo poo like kinetic energy storage using huge trains and a hill

bird 1: do we... do we tell them the warp drive is also the most efficient form of energy storage this side of antimatter?

bird 2: no, this is awesome. let's see what poo poo they try next.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hodgepodge posted:

birds watching humanity try poo poo like kinetic energy storage using huge trains and a hill

bird 1: do we... do we tell them the warp drive is also the most efficient form of energy storage this side of antimatter?

bird 2: no, this is awesome. let's see what poo poo they try next.

lol literally 17776

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

lol literally 17776

can't wait to go long. like, really long. like, gotta take a train long.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Log082 posted:

it's an... op?

Yeah I was like "oh who's this, first contact online university or something" but it's Harvard lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/gumbyscreens/status/1454589576425713672

they're real

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

What gumby episode was it had the cube with a tentacle that would pull things into it? Scared the poo poo out of little me. Had a nightmare where it pulled my cousin into the wall

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

rewatched Contact last night. good movie.

if the same thing happened in real life i can just imagine an army of jake buseys appearing, intent on ruining the alien parade for everyone else.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

toggle posted:

rewatched Contact last night. good movie.

if the same thing happened in real life i can just imagine an army of jake buseys appearing, intent on ruining the alien parade for everyone else.

Fair chance it did, and they did, and our present situation is the result.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

lol literally 17776

my brain wants the aliens to be like Ten

my heart wants them to be like Juice

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Look if aliens are real can we get some huge rear end alien crystals like can we get some tiberium i wanna join the brotherhood of nod

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

All I'm saying is you can explode the White House at the end of the nod campaign with a stolen ion canon after sending hackers thru a lawnmower man cyberspace thing where if you die kn cyberspace you die for real and that's cool ? Can you imagine that EVER happening without cool alien crystals?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!

Riot Bimbo posted:

Look if aliens are real can we get some huge rear end alien crystals like can we get some tiberium i wanna join the brotherhood of nod

my mom is going to be sooo smug when the permanent warp fields are just giant crystals and also we find atlantis and lemuria

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Riot Bimbo posted:

All I'm saying is you can explode the White House at the end of the nod campaign with a stolen ion canon after sending hackers thru a lawnmower man cyberspace thing where if you die kn cyberspace you die for real and that's cool ? Can you imagine that EVER happening without cool alien crystals?

The alien secret is they know tiberian sun is better than red alert 2, Lue knows humanity isn't ready for this knowledge yet

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

It seems Disney made an alien documentary meant to promote a ride called ExtraTERRORestrial. Problem is, the documentary is loving terrifying and weird. There's an abductee heavily implying that she was raped by aliens. The production style is 90's tabloid TV and doesn't feel like a Disney show at all. Allegedly it was only shown once in a handful of small markets and was then pulled. I can't find anything substantiating the history of this video beyond social media comments but the intro with Michael Eisner seems to match up and it's narrated by Robert Urich so I guess it's real. So bizarre.
The video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFIP4Y0SwLw
The IDMB entry:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235174/

Also Defunctland has an excellent video on the actual ride itself, which has an unrelated fictional setting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGbF_lPWmEI

This ended up leading me down a larger rabbit hole of Disney/UFO connections, like a conspiracy theory that Walt was personally chosen to help a disclosure process that was postponed. There are people who say that Disney and other media companies are still acclimatizing people but they were just given a longer timeline. Modern features have increasingly covered exotic sci-fi topics like parallel realities, time travel, interstellar war, false memories, hive minds, god-like aliens, etc. Average pop culture consumers are now very fluent in these concepts(even used in elaborate combinations).

Nazi rocket scientist Wernher Von Braun is of course the subject of many UFO conspiracies too. He was folded into the US Army and later NASA via Project Paperclip. He was intimately involved with Disney as a technical consultant and even appeared in their feature "Man in Space". Disney has often consulted with the Department of Defense too, sometimes giving them the ability to rewrite or reject scripts in exchange for military equipment usage and a favorable portrayal(a common arrangement in Hollywood). I think that's just conventional propagandizing but it's worth noting.
https://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/history/vonbraun/disney_article.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zcU85O82XE

Anyway I can see why they stopped showing that documetary immediately. Like how the hell did that get approved in the first place? "Hey Mickey fans, did you know aliens molest people and microscopic lifeforms might be alien probes?"

strange feelings re Daisy has issued a correction as of 08:51 on Oct 31, 2021

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Loeb is the real deal. As legit as they come in science circles. The Galileo project is exactly what the science of birds has always needed and honestly it's probably our best shot at figuring this poo poo out short of disclosure. Extremely cool and good.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Riot Bimbo posted:

no we have rad glowing crystals at home

rad glowing crystals at home:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!
spooks: i if wonder the general public ready for aliens?

me: i have spent my life reading wikis and monster manuals because this poo poo isn't available for me to lean. please hook the birds directly into my veins, thank you sir.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

there has never been a better time in human history for disclosure

everyone's just so burned out on everything that "aliens are real and they're feeding on your emotions" would immediately become part of the background noise

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Slavvy posted:

The alien secret is they know tiberian sun is better than red alert 2, Lue knows humanity isn't ready for this knowledge yet

this information is true, tiberian sun is actually the best c&c game, and also the best rts

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

2nd best? emperor: battle for dune

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

blatman posted:

everyone's just so burned out on everything that "aliens are real and they're feeding on your emotions" would immediately become part of the background noise

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CE5 take my negative energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!

blatman posted:

there has never been a better time in human history for disclosure

i mean that's just the ruling class they aren't even aliens

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!

Yog-Sothoth posted:

"Randolph Carter", IT seemed to say, "MY manifestations on your planet's extension, the Ancient Ones, have sent you as one who would lately have returned to small lands of dream which he had lost, yet who with greater freedom has risen to greater and nobler desires and curiosities. You wished to sail up golden Oukranos, to search out forgotten ivory cities in orchid-heavy Kled, and to reign on the opal throne of Ilek-Vad, whose fabulous towers and numberless domes rise mighty toward a single red star in a firmament alien to your earth and to all matter. Now, with the passing of two Gates, you wish loftier things. You would not flee like a child from a scene disliked to a dream beloved, but would plunge like a man into that last and inmost of secrets which lies behind all scenes and dreams. What you wish, I have found good; and I am ready to grant that which I have granted eleven times only to beings of your planet - five times only to those you call men, or those resembling them. I am ready to shew you the Ultimate Mystery, to look on which is to blast a feeble spirit. Yet before you gaze full at that last and first of secrets you may still wield a free choice, and return if you will through the two Gates with the Veil still unrent before your eyes.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!
Eleven time though, lol? This poo poo loses a lot of mystique when your mom has done it. Everyone can do this poo poo, potentially.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!
spookshow fuckers: can humanity is handle terror of Vampire Star Demons?

humanity, as one: what are their hit dice and armor class?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!
cultivating forbidden emotions that only have names in german to poiso nthe archons

also chain posting becaus3e they hate that

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

cultivating forbidden emotions that only have names in german to poiso nthe archons

also chain posting becaus3e they hate that

As one people, the humans of earth sit down to be in the room while their family watch American idol; the resulting wave of fremdscham is so strong it blasts the parasite aliens clear out of the solar system.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

if you want a picture of the future, imagine the emotion of being the focal point of one of those "and everybody clapped" chainmails reflected out into the universe, forevef

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

theres maybe nothing to be disclosed, except for better data and vids.

put yourself into a mil-spook mindset. be those people. its all about control which mean knowing and controlling anything and everything you can.

this is all fine and good in a regular war and the jostling between nations...but there are these irrefutable birds in the sky and under the water that none of your toys work on

youd cover it up cos it makes no fuckin sense at all and all your black project tools just raise more questions about these birds and youre all about control and you even cant name let alone influence these birds at all.

human nature tells me its less a conspiracy and hidden slick rear end gear and more people whose entire being revolves around control running up against something they cant

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

whats are the ways at work and socially to cover up a deficiency in your own knowledge?

lies
playing mysterious and coy
sudden change to tangenital subject

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!

Slavvy posted:

As one people, the humans of earth sit down to be in the room while their family watch American idol; the resulting wave of fremdscham is so strong it blasts the parasite aliens clear out of the solar system.

quote:

"It shall be engraved upon your soul! Divine Assault — Fremdscham Valesti!"