Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Keeping it on the DL?

e: oops, missed Tom's text. I wonder what she'll think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I guess this comic's just going to be a barrage of :3: every chapter from here on out, huh?

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Geez, Kat, broadcast that a little louder, why don't you. Challenger station is documenting that blush right now.

Jones gets another call from Anthony, where he sends a ciphered message to Annie meant to be deciphered by Donnie that says. "Donland, your daughter is going out with Paz Cadena Blanco. She seems flustered by it."

Which is how Annie finds out about it. Calling it now.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Wait. How can Annie NOT know? The previous chapter was Kat telling her the whole thing from what I gathered.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Kikas posted:

Wait. How can Annie NOT know? The previous chapter was Kat telling her the whole thing from what I gathered.

Nope. The first half or so was Annie telling everyone else about that stampede of petitioners, though.

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.

Kikas posted:

The previous chapter began with Annie telling Kat what happened in the forest, after which Kat left to deal with the love letter and Annie met up with Parley and Smitty. We don't know what's happened between then and now but it seems like Annie is only just meeting up again with Kat.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I don't think it's a just now meeting up with kind of situation. Antimony's hair has changed again. I guess Kat is still trying to figure out how to tell Antimony.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Aside from the whole :3: thing, it looks like Annie's started to trust Renard a lot. He blatantly ducks the question about what he's doing, and she could compel him to tell her what it is. This chapter will probably be about whether that trust is misplaced.

Now back to your regularly scheduled :3:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Renard also turned back into a doll the very moment Annie came through the door. Don't want to show off his glorious wolf coat? Or trying to manipulate Annie by playing the innocent toy?

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

ymgve posted:

Renard also turned back into a doll the very moment Annie came through the door. Don't want to show off his glorious wolf coat? Or trying to manipulate Annie by playing the innocent toy?

I think it is moreso when he sleeps and dreams, Renard sees himself as his ideal self. In this case it happens to be fox form and as such he takes on that appearance.

I dunno, either that or maybe he just feels like he sleeps better in the doggie bed as a fox. :3:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
That reminds me, the sleeping form looks more like his actual body than his usual wolf form.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Smooth as sandpaper, girls

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
He seemed a bit aloof as well, but maybe that's just how it seems when a stuffed toy has a casual chat with someone.

Does Renard usually even go out at all? Even with all those books it must get boring during the day. It beats being chained up in a warehouse, at least.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
I think it's a great touch that Rey looks paunchy when he sits up. Really gives that "Uuugh, feeling so faaaaat and laaaazy." vibe. After all, Rey himself said that the body is the plaything of the mind.

I wonder how far he's allowed to wander? Who would he visit, anyway? I suppose he could stop by Lindsay's or Jones' place for a chat, maybe the library or one of the many parks.

Edit: It turns out he hangs out with Eglamore at the weekly meetings for the Tony Carver Is A Bit Of A Tosser Club.

Tupperwarez fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 5, 2013

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Hm, wasn't it the other way around? The mind being a plaything of the body?

To the archives!

Yep, here it is: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=413 It's an interesting twist on the old trope, I took it to mean that Renard's personality tends to shift along with his form.

edit: the TCBT club used to meet biweekly but Zimmy started showing up and things got weird

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 5, 2013

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

dyzzy posted:

To the archives!

Yep, here it is: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=413 It's an interesting twist on the old trope, I took it to mean that Renard's personality tends to shift along with his form.

edit: the TCBT club used to meet biweekly but Zimmy started showing up and things got weird

Actually it's a common paraphrase of a Nietzche quote.

"The awakened, the enlightened man says: I am body entirely, and nothing beside; and soul is only a word for something in the body. Your body is a great intelligence... Your little intelligence, brother, which you call "spirit", is also an instrument of your body, a little instrument and toy of your great intelligence."

Also here's a less appealing use of that quote by a brain eating body snatching cyborg.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Well hey, I learned something today! I was thinking of the whole "mind over matter" expression.

I have no idea what's going on in that panel, but "SKLRT" is worrisome.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 5, 2013

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
The TCBT club, week 112

Minutes:

11:00 Call to order.

11:02 Reading of last week's minutes by general secretary R. Nadine.

11:05 First point of order:

Why did Surma go for that jerk nerd dude rather than her nice jock boyfriend (pt continued from Wk. 111, 110, 109 et al), raised by chairman the Rt. Hon Sir J.J. Eglamore.

11:08 Counterpoint raised by general secretary; certain mystical animal spirits may have been compatible with Surma, and in fact the late Ms Surma may have made statements indicating her preferences in that regard.

11:10 Chairman indicates contempt for general secretary.

11:11 General secretary compares chairman's personality with particularly uninteresting garden furniture.

11:12 No holds barred grudge match between 6'8" knight trained in mystical warfare and animated stuffed animal toy.

11:35 Tea break.

11:40 Grudge match resumes.

12:00 Meeting adjourns.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm a little bit worried actually, that Renard isn't going to have the happiest of adventures. Unless Red somehow shows up, which will make it the best of adventures.

But look at that couple being all :3: and stuff.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

dyzzy posted:

To the archives!

Reynardine may not be entirely correct.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Tom's working on a new wallpaper

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

ymgve posted:

Or trying to manipulate Annie by playing the innocent toy?

I'm not sure how that would work, considering that he's far more of a mischievous rear end in a top hat when he's in the toy form.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Blackheart posted:

I'm a little bit worried actually, that Renard isn't going to have the happiest of adventures. Unless Red somehow shows up, which will make it the best of adventures.

Yeah, his poses and expressions here scream "this adventure is going to be a somber one" to me. I get the feeling this chapter's going to give us some insight into the less upbeat parts of Renard's backstory/psyche.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I just want to give Renard a poke in his chubby plush belly. :3: He'd probably giggle and then get mad at me.

Also, more :3: at Kapaz being adorable.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tupperwarez posted:

I wonder how far he's allowed to wander? Who would he visit, anyway? I suppose he could stop by Lindsay's or Jones' place for a chat, maybe the library or one of the many parks.
He teams up with Mort and Basil, and together they fight crime.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Also, more :3: at Kapaz being adorable.
Kapaz? That's going to morph into Katpaz and from there into catpaws eventually.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
Either it's really minimalist, or vine.co ain't working. I assume it's the same as this:

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Kapaz is so unwieldy. If you really must insist on doing the compound shipping name thing, it's Pat

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Kapaz is so unwieldy. If you really must insist on doing the compound shipping name thing, it's Pat

"Kapaz" is awesome because it sounds like KAPOW! from old comic books. :colbert:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Kaz. :colbert:

Tom would agree!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Either it's really minimalist, or vine.co ain't working. I assume it's the same as this:

Shave your legs, Annie.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You don't trust barberbot, Annie? One day you're gonna drown in all that hair, Annie. One day...

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I love how much the body language in the last two panels says. You can tell Kat still isn't wholly comfortable with the whole dating a girl thing, and not just because she hasn't told Annie yet.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Kat needs to teach robot how to sing.

Thinking back on the Alchemical symbols, in this chapter title, you can pretty clearly see the court protector there from the Bismuth/lead symbols, and right next to him is someone with the quicksilver symbol on their head, and i don't think it's representing Reynard.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 5, 2013

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Prison Warden posted:

Thinking back on the Alchemical symbols, in this chapter title, you can pretty clearly see the court protector there from the Bismuth/lead symbols, and right next to him is someone with the quicksilver symbol on their head, and i don't think it's representing Reynard.

That's the antimony symbol. It's Antimony.

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

I love how much the body language in the last two panels says. You can tell Kat still isn't wholly comfortable with the whole dating a girl thing, and not just because she hasn't told Annie yet.

Paz doesn't know Annie that well and might not be entirely comfortable with Kat saying anything to her yet.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rasamune posted:

That's the antimony symbol. It's Antimony.

Well now i just feel dumb!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Prison Warden posted:

Well now i just feel dumb!

Blame the alchemists of old for being all drat secretive and cryptic

Oh and speaking of Antimony, new wallpaper's up

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I just want to give Renard a poke in his chubby plush belly. :3: He'd probably giggle and then get mad at me.

I see it going exactly like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCDo-893FqU

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

Tom always gets all of my pounds whenever he puts up a new wallpaper. It's pretty glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Kennel posted:

Shave your legs, Annie.

That's the secret of Gunnerkrigg Court, Antimony. It's infected by the spiral.