Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

basically with you except the last one. given that citadels are supposed to replace POS and stations, ccp wants a place for a fleet to be in space that's safe that isn't a pos bubble. tethering is what we get.

i mostly meant this for highsec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Pretty much any mandatory default chat channel where the member list is populated, including corp and alliance chat. CCP started waking up to the perfect intel of watchlists and I like to think it's because someone started playing and got owned by it.

AWOX anyone with an Icelandic accent. it's your duty. Tell them you knew they were online because local and corp chat.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
why r test dudes bitching about capital escalations when they only brought subcaps?

NO E-HONOR FIGHT US IN SUBCAPS ONLY

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Divine Blob posted:

why r test dudes bitching about capital escalations when they only brought subcaps?

Because they are loving stupid. We've been slinging supers around since we got here.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Divine Blob posted:

you could say they have no respect for the blob

the divine blob

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

Divine Blob posted:

Especially considering that whenever poo poo went wrong in Saranen for the MBC there'd inevitably be a dozen titans on the undock.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound
feeling the burn out for fozzie poo poo already, I really don't know how this piece of crap an optimal NS sov mechanism :barf:

better go back to cats... ummmm, hounds...

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

basically with you except the last one. given that citadels are supposed to replace POS and stations, ccp wants a place for a fleet to be in space that's safe that isn't a pos bubble. tethering is what we get.

Maybe give something a 5-15 second window when it cynos in where it isn't safe? Nothing too large but windows of vulnerability while travelling are important

I mean i gave up on CCP caring about the last design decision when interceptors didn't change for the past 2.5 years, but the KM on this page just proves that I'm not doing it right by not using a smartbombing super.

v0v Hello thread, what are people actually doing besides shitposting?

Faction police shot through pos shields

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Because they are loving stupid. We've been slinging supers around since we got here.

Seriously, have they not done any research about where they were coming? Lumpy has been bitching about supers since ~day 2.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Divine Blob posted:

Seriously, have they not done any research about where they were coming? Lumpy has been bitching about supers since ~day 2.

This is almost as satisfying as hearing about TEST FCs going full turbosperg.

Certified 17-year old shitposter progod mcnobody is down here welping fleets, meanwhile the quality FCs in the MBC are off prepping for the upcoming AT.

I guess coaching the equivalent of a Special-Olympics team leaves you with a lot of free time to roam around Delve and poo poo.

Or did TEST get hosed in the random drawing like GSF? I can't be bothered to actually verify my poo poo talking.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Zakrello posted:

feeling the burn out for fozzie poo poo already, I really don't know how this piece of crap an optimal NS sov mechanism :barf:

better go back to cats... ummmm, hounds...

Fozzie Sov is about small groups taking sov and balkanizing nullsec, sov will be more fluid so no more blue donuts. You see goonie, it will be better for the game overall because the CFC was bHEY WHY IS PL ENTOSISING OUR STUFF I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL FOR GUDFITES NOW

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Baculus posted:

This is almost as satisfying as hearing about TEST FCs going full turbosperg.

Certified 17-year old shitposter progod mcnobody is down here welping fleets, meanwhile the quality FCs in the MBC are off prepping for the upcoming AT.

I guess coaching the equivalent of a Special-Olympics team leaves you with a lot of free time to roam around Delve and poo poo.

Or did TEST get hosed in the random drawing like GSF? I can't be bothered to actually verify my poo poo talking.

Just call him Progod, he's only a legend in his own mind. Much like TEST he's only ever managed to do things in eve with a ton of NC./PL handholding.

Oh and he's good at building gimmick doctrines that work once then promptly fall apart once someone goes "Hm yes, bring more antisupport which is fun to fly anyways."

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Divine Blob posted:

TBH Lumpy is getting a great deal out of this. They never really used any of their space and they get to farm what's going to be the most active ratting region in nullsec in short order. In short: Living in NPC delve is going to be fun as hell for any group that isn't goons.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I get Progodlegend and Gaming God confused

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
how much isk does it cost to bridge with a titan? is there other ships you can bridge with? I think the only one I know of is the black ops battleship?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Elsa posted:

I get Progodlegend and Gaming God confused

I get PGL and a 12 year old confused

https://soundcloud.com/pizzakrydder42/progodlegend-is-not-pleased (soundcloud removed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvcSmZRZcgQ

"I need a ping! Where are our ceptors? WHERE ARE OUR loving INTERCEPTORS, WHERE ARE ALL THESE USELESS loving SHIPS WHO INSISTED ON COMING TO THE loving FLEET AND NOT DOING ANYTHING, YOU ALL loving SUCK. If you are not a Svipul or bombers and you are not here tackling poo poo, gently caress you. gently caress YOU TO THE loving FULLEST. Literally, what the gently caress are you doing? Give me a loving ping spot!"

"THERE ARE LIKE EIGHT OF YOU AND NONE OF YOU SHOWED UP, LITERALLY GO gently caress YOURSELF. I want someone to find out what happened to the ceptors in our fleet; I want loving names. That's how furious I am. I mean, this is loving pathetic. This is a winnable fight, and it's your fault."

"From now on, if you are a loving noob and don't know how to play the game, you have like three days to find someone and learn how to play the game... because if we have another fuckup like we had this morning, I just won't loving FC, there's no point. There's zero point in FCing based on what happened this morning. None of y'all wanted to win; not a single one of yall wanted to win this fight. Y'all don't give a poo poo. And it's horseshit. Unbelievable horseshit."

"Yeah, we're done. We lost. You know why we lost? Because we loving sucked, not because they beat us. So yeah, we are done. Maybe we'll do better next time -- maybe."

:cawg: :fap:

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 16, 2016

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

ullerrm posted:

I get PGL and a 12 year old confused

https://soundcloud.com/pizzakrydder42/progodlegend-is-not-pleased

"I need a ping! Where are our ceptors? WHERE ARE OUR loving INTERCEPTORS, WHERE ARE ALL THESE USELESS loving SHIPS WHO INSISTED ON COMING TO THE loving FLEET AND NOT DOING ANYTHING, YOU ALL loving SUCK. If you are not a Svipul or bombers and you are not here tackling poo poo, gently caress you. gently caress YOU TO THE loving FULLEST. Literally, what the gently caress are you doing? Give me a loving ping spot!"

"THERE ARE LIKE EIGHT OF YOU AND NONE OF YOU SHOWED UP, LITERALLY GO gently caress YOURSELF. I want someone to find out what happened to the ceptors in our fleet; I want loving names. That's how furious I am. I mean, this is loving pathetic. This is a winnable fight, and it's your fault."

"From now on, if you are a loving noob and don't know how to play the game, you have like three days to find someone and learn how to play the game... because if we have another fuckup like we had this morning, I just won't loving FC, there's no point. There's zero point in FCing based on what happened this morning. None of y'all wanted to win; not a single one of yall wanted to win this fight. Y'all don't give a poo poo. And it's horseshit. Unbelievable horseshit."

"Yeah, we're done. We lost. You know why we lost? Because we loving sucked, not because they beat us. So yeah, we are done. Maybe we'll do better next time -- maybe."

:cawg: :fap:

test people be like atleast our fc cares

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
I thought that Vily was their head FC now that he defected.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Huge_Midget posted:

I thought that Vily was their head FC now that he defected.

If history is any indicator, Vily's gone completely AWOL and will resurface in a year, then throw a shitfit when he's not instantly given the keys to the super fleet the day he resubs.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
would like to note that pgl is so bad that noted space captain lyris 'welps fleets as soon as he gains access to them' nairn has dunked him every time they met in space battle

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Goatman Sacks posted:

If history is any indicator, Vily's gone completely AWOL and will resurface in a year, then throw a shitfit when he's not instantly given the keys to the super fleet the day he resubs.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nietzschean posted:

would like to note that pgl is so bad that noted space captain lyris 'welps fleets as soon as he gains access to them' nairn has dunked him every time they met in space battle

does that include the times you died en route

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
c

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Nietzschean posted:

Can confirm...

...on all counts.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet

Xenothral posted:

The thread is good though.

yes.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

TEST trying to do something on their own in 2016 :laugh:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Orange Red Bull posted:

piggle trying to do something on his own in 2016 :laugh:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Morris posted:

sov will be more fluid so no more blue donuts

i have some bad news

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nietzschean posted:

This is great. "Well basically I just FC pos shots, but I'll take a crack at this pro guy." *complete massacre ensues*

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

followed by a rant on how he literally carried TEST on his back across the galaxy and any victories they ever had were because of him

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
there are lots of bad fcs in eve

one of the benefits of pl is that there are a fair amount of skilled fcs, and some of those are chill dudes as well (senor mexxico, penif, even killah bee)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

there are lots of bad fcs in eve

one of the benefits of pl is that there are a fair amount of skilled fcs, and some of those are chill dudes as well (senor mexxico, penif, even killah bee)

Honestly anyone willing to take retards out and do things deserve a shiny medal. People take for granted just the ability to prioritize targets and call them out quickly and efficiently. Until you've seen the utter chaos of a relatively inexperienced FC get overloaded just on target selection (Or done it yourself) it's best not to be super judgemental.

EDIT: With that in mind however PGL is an unlikable shitbird who crows on and on about talent he only has in negatives, so gently caress him anyways.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

Syndic Thrass posted:

Lol pookie. I only lost my own poo poo. SS'S lost packages is still 0. Also I never took a gate you stupid dumbo (also are you saying take the last 3j to jita in freighters)

I got distracted and wasn't paying attention. Dragged cargo hold over local without noticing. Warped citadel from pos bubble and landed in doctor bubble. Welp

Don't cyno your jf to a pos, holy poo poo what's wrong with you

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

they get to farm what's going to be the most active ratting region in nullsec

i'm afraid i have some bad news

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

i'm afraid i have some bad news

are we moving again? Or is it already the most active?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

This is great. "Well basically I just FC pos shots, but I'll take a crack at this pro guy." *complete massacre ensues*

p much

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Rhymenoserous posted:

Honestly anyone willing to take retards out and do things deserve a shiny medal. People take for granted just the ability to prioritize targets and call them out quickly and efficiently. Until you've seen the utter chaos of a relatively inexperienced FC get overloaded just on target selection (Or done it yourself) it's best not to be super judgemental.

EDIT: With that in mind however PGL is an unlikable shitbird who crows on and on about talent he only has in negatives, so gently caress him anyways.

This. Even well regulated slow ball gank fleets can be kind of crazy (especially when sitting on grid for more than 10s means dead fleet). I'm a pretty experienced highsec elite pvp FC, but last time I tried to FC in null, holy poo poo was it bad.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah, I'll also second this, though my area of expertise is microgang gatecamps, w-space ganks, and some smaller gang action. I ended up leading one or two 40-man fleets, and while I'm pretty proud they weren't a complete clusterfuck, they were a lot of work and far from easy dunk. I was pretty worn out after 10-15 minutes of fighting.

That said, I really don't think there are a lot of excuses for being a lovely person on comms to your members. I mean, I'll forgive poo poo said in the heat of the moment, but continual toxic attitude isn't good for anyone. Lyris really wins awards for being friendly and chill endlessly, regardless of anything else.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Yeah, I'll also second this, though my area of expertise is microgang gatecamps, w-space ganks, and some smaller gang action. I ended up leading one or two 40-man fleets, and while I'm pretty proud they weren't a complete clusterfuck, they were a lot of work and far from easy dunk. I was pretty worn out after 10-15 minutes of fighting.

That said, I really don't think there are a lot of excuses for being a lovely person on comms to your members. I mean, I'll forgive poo poo said in the heat of the moment, but continual toxic attitude isn't good for anyone. Lyris really wins awards for being friendly and chill endlessly, regardless of anything else.

I usually have to take a nap after fcing for more than an hour. Props to lyris though, he was one of the first FCs that I liked flying under. He and Reagalan (RIP) and ofc Asher (<3 u buddy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Yeah I never lead a gang above the 30-40 man mark, and I'd say my comfort zone never really gets above 20. To be fair though it was always 20 really expensive ships :v:. Despite a lot of people getting worried that I'd yell at them, I really only did it a grand total of maybe three times, and all of those times were for the crime of being unchill in coms when poo poo was going down. I.E. starting a bitchy slapfight with someone while we were mid fight with a small BC gang or something stupid. There's always some "I need the last word" fuckhead who can't shut the gently caress up when things are actually happening because his desire to be proven right or wrong overrules all common sense. I shut that garbage down viciously to the point of kicking people out of coms and blowing their ship up. Because it's disruptive as gently caress, and it can turn an entire night sour if it's left to run.

• Locked thread