Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

[Fallen chatter]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Decrypted 2 exotic engrams on my 392 titan and they both had less light than my equipped items. Is that normal now, because gently caress that

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

Decrypted 2 exotic engrams on my 392 titan and they both had less light than my equipped items. Is that normal now, because gently caress that

Weird rounding error poo poo. Drop your LL to 391 and they should decrypt at 392 or 393. Awesome!

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Roman posted:

If your overall light was 392 but you had something that was 395 and something that was 387 and had an engram for the 395 item, it's working as intended.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

If your overall light was 392 but you had something that was 395 and something that was 387 and had an engram for the 395 item, it's working as intended.

Source? My experience is that exotic engrams, if the character LL exceeds 390, decrypt at either +0 or +1, with a notable exception of character LL 392 in which they (almost?) always decrypt at 391.

EDIT: Also,

Roman posted:

as proof of the "rounding error" thing, you can infuse that 391 year that you got into anything else and it'll end up as 392. As in, use the 391 as the fuel, and the thing you infused will be 392.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 5, 2017

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Log posted:

I have it imagined in my head that if I rarely report people Xbox mods will pay attention more when I use the function.

If you haven't noticed, I have the ability to overthink things just a tad.
If it makes you feel better, I report hunters for cheating anytime they kill me with Bladedance or Golden Gun. :smugdog:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

There no hunter armor with a special ammo bonus right? Besides the year 1 raid stuff

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

actionjackson posted:

There no hunter armor with a special ammo bonus right? Besides the year 1 raid stuff

Nope. And people endlessly bitch about it even though it makes sense from a class balance perspective. They are nimble scouts not front line titans or warlocks literally capable of pulling ammo out of their rear end

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Stillpiercer gets 12 with sniper/sniper. Learn 2 love it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Menstrual Show posted:

Stillpiercer gets 12 with sniper/sniper. Learn 2 love it.

I would only use that if I played hunter normally. Plus no iPad scope

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Stillpiercer is on the list of best rifles in the game, and anyone can get it with no fuss. Anyone who doesn't have a god roll of some other gun should be using it as a hunter.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

My other viewtac is a seventh sense with snapshot mulligan take a knee. It's actually really solid. The inventory is poo poo but mulligan helps with that

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Mulligan is actually a garbage teir perk because you shouldn't be missing shots :smuggo:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Got a Crow's Eye the other night:

- Smart Drift / Accurized
- Fitted Stock / Braced Frame
- Snapshot
- Battle Runner / Zen Moment

Seems neat. What are the perks people usually want on this gun?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

el B posted:

Mulligan is actually a garbage teir perk because you shouldn't be missing shots :smuggo:

Pros use performance bonus.

As long as it has snapshot or quickdraw and shortgaze I'll usually use it.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

This thing is hilarious. I might actually start sniping again.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

ipad double kill

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/828392742170537984

nine kills with a FS silvered dread lol

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/828392640609648640

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

actionjackson posted:

nine kills with a FS silvered dread lol

it's like Bungie said, "what problematic perks should we allow the most abusive weapons to roll?" and out popped HCR Dragon and FS Dread.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The constant tweaks or nerfs just makes me miss on map weapons.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Mikey-San posted:

it's like Bungie said, "what problematic perks should we allow the most abusive weapons to roll?" and out popped HCR Dragon and FS Dread.

I mean in all fairness two of those dudes had like 1 hp when I started shooting

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

actionjackson posted:

I mean in all fairness two of those dudes had like 1 hp when I started shooting

Sure, but FS is still broken on an HMG. It's like being back in Year 1 when heavy boxes dropped a truck of ammo. If they'd had more HP you "only" would've gotten 7 or 8 kills instead of 9.

That having been said, I fully approve of using a FS HMG. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hahahahahaha. loving forgot all about PvP in his game. First two matches (waiting until I unlock my skills before I full retard in) and brand new maps. First one was 1.29 K/D. The other was well over 3

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Soulex posted:

Hahahahahaha. loving forgot all about PvP in his game. First two matches (waiting until I unlock my skills before I full retard in) and brand new maps. First one was 1.29 K/D. The other was well over 3

PvP is like shooting fish in a barrel right now. Yeah I know my ELO is bad blah blah blah. But either I'm getting better (I'm not) or skilled people are really dropping out of this game.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The final gently caress you from Bungie is parking this dead gay game for a week, coming back to gamble marks on a primary and getting this:

Truesight, Icarus (or outlaw for PvE), Rifled and Hidden Hand.

I can't even find a full lobby, let alone one without red bars, to use this literal god roll in.

:suicide:

In the few brief moments I could shoot at a non teleporting poo poo bag I can confirm just how savage this roll is. Holy gently caress.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Google is all over the place with this question and I refuse to delve into loving Reddit - Are they "done" with Destiny and moving to Destiny two officially? I'm curious if it's "finished" outside of some holiday events.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Captain Log posted:

Google is all over the place with this question and I refuse to delve into loving Reddit - Are they "done" with Destiny and moving to Destiny two officially? I'm curious if it's "finished" outside of some holiday events.

Pretty much everyone except the Live Team (read: interns) is working on Destiny 2.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

There's supposed to be some other update coming (not Crimson Days which is cancelled), but no details yet. If anything there will probably be one more April Update size thing before everyone moves on to the sequel.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Has Bungie even made an official announcement of "hey idiots, yes, we're actually making Destiny 2, expect it out in the future" yet?

Because if so, I missed it and would love a link or 2.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
A shareholders meeting this month will mention any bungie plans for the year.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I would expect they might try and hold as much as they can for a giant e3 reveal.

I mean seriously they did a whole section at that last Sony event just for the winter update and sparrow racing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zipperelli. posted:

Has Bungie even made an official announcement of "hey idiots, yes, we're actually making Destiny 2, expect it out in the future" yet?

Because if so, I missed it and would love a link or 2.

Not directly from Bungie, but last year's equivalent to the upcoming event had a Destiny full sequel (distinguished from "a large new expansion" which turned out to be Rise of Iron) listed for a 2017 release. So unless someone feels it's been delayed again- not unreasonable- that's as good a proof as any.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
There's approximately 0 chance we get a Destiny 2 for the holiday season this year. When have you ever heard of a AAA video game from a AAA publisher not having at least a year of hype? Hell, most games announce two years in advance now. The fact that they haven't even made a teaser yet is sign that they are not even close to it.

Perhaps they're holding out to take more advantage of the PS4Pro and Xbone Scropio hardware but I doubt it. If I had to guess they probably gutted their custom game engine from halo 2 and had to start over with frostbite or something

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The scuttlebutt is they had another internal crazy sesh like the poo poo that happened for D1 loving lmao if true

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I really hope they don't change the engine. I love the feel.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

In vaguely related news, word is Joe Staten is writing for Crackdown 3 right now.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The scuttlebutt is they had another internal crazy sesh like the poo poo that happened for D1 loving lmao if true

Got to be consistent right?

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Destiny 2 is being delayed by rewrites because they realized the first game was about making Earth great again by first building a walk to keep aliens out and then going out to shoot them. Plus with New Monarchy's color being red, they had some cognitive dissonance to overcome.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Well that and the Fallen are building a ladder

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
The Hive are definitely tunneling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

And the Cabal have air ships so... maybe a wall isn't so good?

I also don't want to grind out mats for upkeep on the wall.

• Locked thread