Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

2020 new aero rules kick in allowing movable pre-set aero parts. That's cause the overall aero kit is homologated and they're gonna allow moving parts to accommodate the different tracks.

Weirdly, new safety cell rules where the drivers seat will be more.... upright? Ok. Plus more room in the cockpit. Reduction of windtunnel hours from 900 to 600.

More interestingly, the LMP1 cars have to travel on electric power for 1km after any pit stops and they're going to introduce battery recharging for the pit stops as well. Definitely more in line with modern electric car trends and will probably push the development of faster and faster charging stations for the masses.

That's the way to do it. Let WEC do all the road relevant development stuff as it should be and let F1 just burnout my balls off.

Idk, a lot of this sounds like the dumb rules F1 put into place in the last few years that totally backfired. Like they're basically introducing their own token system, which is idiotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
LMP cars are cooler than F1 cars imo they look amazing turning with that size at that speed

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Both are extremely good and cool

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

I do not want any form of burnout on my balls

Same, it sounds really painful

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

LMP cars are cooler than F1 cars imo they look amazing turning with that size at that speed

A Cool And Good opinion right here lads

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

About bloody time, the sooner the better so I can concentrate on my Stroll hate

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bring in the cube. He's an inspirational hero for tiny armed individuals such as myself.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I wonder if it's just the track, Le Mans is a beautiful track and the helicopter shots of them going through the esses always looks amazing

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

1500quidporsche posted:

Bring in the cube. He's an inspirational hero for tiny armed individuals such as myself.

https://imgur.com/ozbUA9l

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quid at his rally event

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

1500quid at his rally event

Lmbo don't doxx 1500quid

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This exactly the kind of mocking and bigotry I hope Big Bobby Kube can knock down for us tiny arm'rs.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

*attempts to do Molson review*
*can't lift can*
"CURSE THESE TINY APPENDAGES!"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lmbo

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
This is good

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Wirth1000 posted:

2020 new aero rules kick in allowing movable pre-set aero parts. That's cause the overall aero kit is homologated and they're gonna allow moving parts to accommodate the different tracks.

Weirdly, new safety cell rules where the drivers seat will be more.... upright? Ok. Plus more room in the cockpit. Reduction of windtunnel hours from 900 to 600.

More interestingly, the LMP1 cars have to travel on electric power for 1km after any pit stops and they're going to introduce battery recharging for the pit stops as well. Definitely more in line with modern electric car trends and will probably push the development of faster and faster charging stations for the masses.

That's the way to do it. Let WEC do all the road relevant development stuff as it should be and let F1 just burnout my balls off.

The seat position rule is a result of the lower back fractures people have been suffering in relatively minor crashes, there's a good chance it will come to F1, F2, DPi and LMP2 as well.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Autech posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LgSs5f-ruY

World record. What a drive! I'd take Kamui over the likes of Stroll anyday.

Good lad, Kamui! This kid should look into a carreer in F1!

Also that Toyota looks completely awesome and I'm now going to do whatever I can to watch le mans this weekend.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

In honour of getting the Mazda to the point where it would actually pass a safety inspection I'll be getting drunk and watching a large chunk of Le Mans this weekend

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I will not be drinking, but I will be inebriated for the Le Mans. I might drink if Kobayashi's Toyota breaks down.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
How the hell are you going to get an RX-7 to pass emissions in 2017. My buddy had to swap in a "fake" exhaust system specific to his 13B and even then it took a while.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

How the hell are you going to get an RX-7 to pass emissions in 2017. My buddy had to swap in a "fake" exhaust system specific to his 13B and even then it took a while.

Maintenance. My uncle has an '88 GXL.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My province doesn't have emissions. You don't know how satisfying it is when poo poo like the EGR fails and you just plug that poo poo up.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I will be attempting to watch the entirety of Le Mans, though I may get distracted and play the occasional game of Arms.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

I will be attempting to watch the entirety of Le Mans, though I may get distracted and play the occasional game of Arms.

Waiting for XCOM Mario myself

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I played about 3 minutes of the test and the best I can say is that game isn't for me.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

This is the first time in a couple years I haven't been racing during Le Mans so I'm gonna try to watch it all too. I will not debase myself by playing video games, either.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Usually end up doing running errands every year and this year I've got to do the chain and tires on the kart.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Waiting for XCOM Mario myself

I'm probably going to get every major Switch title except Splatoon and Pokemon. It's just such a fun system.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm in the Uk so mostly I will be watching the news.

Continuing the fine tradition of people finding out major news stories from the worst thread. There are thousands and thousands of people at Downing Street chanting May Out and the crowd is increasing by the second,

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
But James May is my favourite. :( The show where he just autismally disassembles stuff is fantastic.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Are Corbie as PM pwhoar

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

But James May is my favourite. :( The show where he just autismally disassembles stuff is fantastic.

Lmao

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Brainwrong posted:

Has anyone watched the Le Mans documentary on Amazon? It's quite good, apart from an awful female voiceover that they have altered to sound like she's speaking via a radio. Very odd.

Yes, its super distracting. It would be 1000x better if it was just straight narration instead of trying to disguise it as being from Radio Le Mans.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

learnincurve posted:

Continuing the fine tradition of people finding out major news stories from the worst thread. There are thousands and thousands of people at Downing Street chanting May Out and the crowd is increasing by the second,

"Strong and stable is a lie, when you're in power, people die!"

Crackin'

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

It's depressingly hilarious how all these Labour Party fuckos are using a mass casualty as their reason for another election whilst I ironically spending their lives calling the Tories "the nasty party".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
May out.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I'm looking at the LMP cars and I can't help thinking "is that really the most aerodynamic shape?"

I'd have thought by the 21st century they'd be driving something completely smooth without any sticky-out bits :shrug:

Is it something to do with having to channel air to cool brakes and things, otherwise everything would be teardrop shaped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad we found the British equivalent of when Americans go "we shouldn't politicize this" after someone shoots up a school.

• Locked thread