Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Crossfit people buy body armor for workouts. Can't just do normal pull ups. You need to do kipping pull ups while wearing 30 pounds of weight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Mu Zeta posted:

Crossfit people buy body armor for workouts. Can't just do normal pull ups. You need to do kipping pull ups while wearing 30 pounds of weight!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Panfilo posted:

I thought you had to work in law enforcement to buy body armor.

Are you suggesting mall security aren't law enforcement? They're out there everyday, ready to protect 13 year old boys like yourself, so you don’t get gang raped behind the dumpster outside the mall arcade, on your way home to mommy after killing some bad guys at the “Silent Scope” game.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Panfilo posted:

You can buy it right off Sportsman's Guide, including Eastern European surplus. I've got a Serbian Kevlar helmet on my display shelf.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Panfilo posted:

In the U.S? Nope. I think states do vary some in what laws they pass on such things but for the most part it's legal for Joe Average far as I can tell. I think it gets a bit murky if you're a felon but other than that nobody seems to care much if you own armor.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It would be pretty weird if you could buy guns but not body armor

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Panfilo posted:

Fetish gear doesn't stay off the market for long.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
pyf has a tacticool thread of course you can buy body armor.

Though some other stuff like pepper spray and batons have more restrictions on them than gunz, lol.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Samuringa posted:

It would be pretty weird if you could buy guns but not body armor

Not really. Gats are explicitly enshrined in the constitution, body armor isn't.

But yeah, it varies by state.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

That’s just a weighted vest, not armor.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It said "5.11 tactical" on it so I assumed it was armor

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

'Tactical' is just a word you put on things, like 'organic'.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

It said "5.11 tactical" on it so I assumed it was armor

It was probably lip balm

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Slippery posted:

Yeah but I'd bet at least 50% of Soju consumption is stupid Americans over there. Ask me how I know

Also, while soju is bad, at least it's nominally intended for human consumption.

the other 50% seems to be roving packs of businessmen wreaking havoc in every karaoke bar they find

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

skooma512 posted:

There's a security guard at the local Home Depot/Panda Express/Starbucks strip mall that does have a bunch of body armor on. He looks like some uparmored mob in the Division.

.338 Lapua which the person seriously wants protection against is also a round designed for the long-range army snipers and against "anything that has a pulse and needs to go". It can pierce most army-issue body armors 1 km away.

So totally relevant issue for a mall cop.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I just realised that if those are from early 2001, 911 probably made that guys dreams come true in terms of his "expense requests".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Wait, that’s not satire?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Casu Marzu posted:

the other 50% seems to be roving packs of businessmen wreaking havoc in every karaoke bar they find

I know right? And of course sweaty expats.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I heard Duke Cannon made good shaving cream, but seeing them sell tactical lip balm makes me want to avoid it like the plague in favor of something that isn't bathroom cosplay.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

jobson groeth posted:

It was probably lip balm

This is another "Marketing For Men" thing, isn't it?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I want to see tampons marketed like that.
SOLDIERS SHOVE THESE INTO GUNSHOT WOUNDS, HOOAH!!!

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Samuringa posted:

This is another "Marketing For Men" thing, isn't it?

Dental floss for women being marketing for men?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

jobson groeth posted:

It was probably lip balm

It's introduction to marketing 101:

"how do we target men who are insecure about using lip balm?".

LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW IT'S USED IN THE ARMY

"not manly enough..."

CALL IT 'DUKE CANNON'

"*rails coke* I love it!"

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man I can transform into a duke cannon just by eating too much kimchi.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh man I can transform into a duke cannon just by eating too much kimchi.

A very small amount of kimchi is too much for me :( the cucumber kind is great though

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

RandomPauI posted:

I heard Duke Cannon made good shaving cream, but seeing them sell tactical lip balm makes me want to avoid it like the plague in favor of something that isn't bathroom cosplay.

Duke Cannon hails from a simpler time. A time when the term handyman was redundant. A time when chivalry and patriotism weren’t considered old- fashioned. A time when you never put the word salad next to bar.

But something happened along the way. Men were encouraged to put down their lug wrenches and pick up their phones to hashtag for help. Substance was replaced by the flash of guys taking selfies. And instead of getting up before dawn to build railroads, men started going to the gym at 9 a.m. to ride pretend bicycles.

As any historian worth his salt will tell you, this country was built by folks with a sense of purpose. Duke Cannon’s purpose is simple: to make superior-quality grooming goods that meet the high standards of hard-working men. Our products are tested by soldiers, not boy bands. And they’re made in a little place we like to call the United States of America.

We value things like hard work, family, community, bacon and country; we champion builders, creators, sledge hammerers, holders of doors and fixers of toilets; we have the utmost respect for teachers and farmers and soldiers and first responders—so it’s no wonder good folks feel right at home in Duke Cannon Country.

I think this is different from one I posted before, I'm going to have to find see if I can find it

e: Yup, posted in this thread a while back

quote:

DUKE CANNON
ISN’T FOR EVERYONE.
AND QUITE FRANKLY, HE PREFERS IT THAT WAY.

AFTER ALL, DUKE CANNON DOESN’T DINE WITH VEGANS AND HE COULDN'T GIVE A drat ABOUT YOUR NEW IPAD. DUKE CANNON COMES FROM A DIFFERENT ERA--AN ERA WHEN MEN HAD A GREATER PURPOSE THAN BUILDING SPREADSHEETS AND SPENDING THEIR SATURDAYS AT BANANA REPUBLIC.

IN DUKE’S TIME, MEN PURSUED MEANINGFUL ENDEAVORS. THEY WORKED WITH THEIR HANDS. THEY TOOK PRIDE IN THE THINGS THEY BUILT, NOT THE THINGS THEY BOUGHT. AND THE MINDSET WAS SIMPLE: MEN WANTED TO WIN, NOT FIND THE "WIN-WIN".

AND THEN THE WHOLE METROSEXUAL TREND CAME AND SCREWED MEN UP EVEN WORSE.

NOW EXISTS A GENERATION OF MEN WHO HAVE SPENT MORE TIME IN A POTTERY BARN STORE THAN A HARDWARE STORE. HELL NO.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, THE DUKE CANNON SUPPLY COMPANY IS NOT A BIG FAN OF THIS TREND. IT’S TIME FOR MAN TO DEVOLVE, NOT EVOLVE.

I loving hate duke cannon.
this post took like 9 edits to get right

Garrand has a new favorite as of 20:37 on Feb 16, 2019

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

Garrand posted:

DUKE CANNON

I honestly can’t tell if this is real or satire.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Garrand posted:

Duke Cannon hails from a simpler time.

...please tell me this is satire.

...please. Oh god. It isn't is it?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

The Great Burrito posted:

I honestly can’t tell if this is real or satire.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BAR OF DUKE CANNON INTO THE SOAP DISH [...]

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Roblo posted:

...please tell me this is satire.

...please. Oh god. It isn't is it?

Toxic masculinity is hella real and hella dumb.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Nuevo posted:

Toxic masculinity is hella real and hella dumb.

they are some fuckin huge bars of soap though. I was thinking of getting some cause they seem like they'd last a while

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

DUKE CANNON REMEMBERS A TIME WHEN HE COULD TELL HIS HILARIOUS JOKE ABOUT THE BLONDE CHEERLEADER AND THE COLORED FELLOW TO THE GUYS AT THE OFFICE AND NOT HAVE TO MEET WITH THAT BITCH FROM HR!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

DUKE CANNON'S GRANDCHILDREN DON'T WANT HIM TO COME TO THANKSGIVING ANYMORE!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
DUKE CANNON DOESN'T UNDERSTAND BOUNDARIES OR WHY DEBRA FROM ACCOUNTING FILED A RESTRAINING ORDER

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

DUKE CANNON OWNS ALL 15 SEASONS OF NCIS ON DVD

IN DUKE CANNON'S TIME A MAN'S FAMILY DIDN'T HOLD AN "INTERVENTION" FOR HIS "RAGING ALCOHOLISM," THEY JUST ACCEPTED IT

DUKE CANNON DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY CAN SAY THAT WORD BUT HE CAN'T

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I haven't even heard the term metrosexual in something like over a decade. Imagine being that hung up on it.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
DUKE CANNON WAS JUST HAVING A LITTLE FUN, BABE, C'MON DON'T BE SO UPTIGHT

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
DUKE CANNON DOESN'T CARE IF TWO GUYS WANNA HOLD HANDS JUST AS LONG AS THEY KEEP IT AWAY FROM WHERE KIDS MIGHT SEE IT

DUKE CANNON SAYS, RAP MORE LIKE CRAP, TURN DOWN THAT GHETTO BLASTER

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

IN DUKE CANNON'S TIME THE AVERAGE LIFE EXPECTANCY FOR A MAN WAS 55 AND HE THINKS THAT'S SOMETHING TO STRIVE FOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
DUKE CANNON SUPPORTS THE TROOPS AND WOULD HAVE BEEN RIGHT THERE WITH THEM BUT HIS BONE SPURS KEPT HIM FROM SERVING