Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

chitoryu12 posted:

I was about to as my circuit took me near her, but she just got up and wordlessly walked off.

In general she seemed very confused about how the circuit even worked. There's signs all over the area explaining how the circuit is done and reminding people not to just use the machines however and whenever they want (because it messes with anyone actually performing the routine), but she just kept slowly making her way backwards. I thought she had it when she moved back over to the leg press because it's the first machine, but nope. She just sat there for 5 minutes and then walked away.

She may have been high, I dunno. Didn't talk to anybody and didn't acknowledge anybody except for creepy staring.

Was this at a Curves gym? Because you get walked through every machine on your first time so how the gently caress did she not know how to work it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Roro posted:

Was this at a Curves gym? Because you get walked through every machine on your first time so how the gently caress did she not know how to work it?

Planet Fitness. They have a Biggest Loser-sponsored 30 minute workout section near the entrance. It's 10 machines and 10 step boxes, all numbered 1 through 20. You alternate between a step box and a machine, working out for 1 minute and then resting and setting up your machine for 30 seconds before starting again. The idea is to exercise pretty much every muscle group within half an hour with minimal resting; they only recommend it 2 or 3 times a week with a day of rest in between, which is luckily my exact workout schedule so I do it every time I come.

They don't give instructions when you first sign up for the membership or if you're a guest, but the machines do have written instructions and diagrams right next to the seat at eye level.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Planet Fitness.

No moicy fo the week

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Roro posted:

If you walk me through a dozen unfamiliar machines in quick succession, I'm probably not going to recall the details of all of them when I come back days later. Maybe she shares my crippling disability.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Subjunctive posted:

If you walk me through a dozen unfamiliar machines in quick succession, I'm probably not going to recall the details of all of them when I come back days later. Maybe she shares my crippling disability.

At Curves you do each machine for one minute with a minute break in between on a normal circuit, and it's doubled on your first go. You also have someone there to help you if you get stuck on the incredibly easy to figure out machines.

Do you also strap exercise machine handles to your head and bounce around like so many of the people videoed?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Roro posted:

Do you also strap exercise machine handles to your head and bounce around like so many of the people videoed?

Not for a while now.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
There was a brief but powerful storm that raged through, temporarily flooding both streets to my apartment. Fortunately, nothing of ours got flooded or anything.

The nearby in-construction subdivision isn't so lucky. Evidently for some reason the construction crews covered every stormdrain for some reason (to avoid stuff falling in?), so now the entire thing is a 3 foot lake.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Looks like those sticky octopus toys that used to be in cereal boxes

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

MisterBibs posted:

There was a brief but powerful storm that raged through, temporarily flooding both streets to my apartment. Fortunately, nothing of ours got flooded or anything.

The nearby in-construction subdivision isn't so lucky. Evidently for some reason the construction crews covered every stormdrain for some reason (to avoid stuff falling in?), so now the entire thing is a 3 foot lake.

It's because the 'flood control' laws/codes do not allow any debris from a construction site to get into the storm drain system, so the construction companies are required to submit a plan that includes preventing any mud/dirt/run-off from the under-construction property from getting into the storm drain system. These plans always include blocking access to the storm drains, and in most places they are tightly enforced by the county (or municipality or whoever is responsible for flood control stuff) and come with really large fines.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Locator posted:

It's because the 'flood control' laws/codes do not allow any debris from a construction site to get into the storm drain system, so the construction companies are required to submit a plan that includes preventing any mud/dirt/run-off from the under-construction property from getting into the storm drain system. These plans always include blocking access to the storm drains, and in most places they are tightly enforced by the county (or municipality or whoever is responsible for flood control stuff) and come with really large fines.

Don't the laws prescribe any emergency plans or anything?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

mylife.jpg

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
pro tip: don't run in front of speeding cars

they're ok

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
It's at least funnier than that gif of that 19 year old fire crew dude getting hit by that f1 car going full speed. That gif was sure a downer!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Chromatic posted:

hay guys can someone post that gif of that 19 year old fire crew dude getting hit by that f1 car going full speed? i need it to jerk off :v:

Well you sure are a thing, I guess :confused:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Poor Cal Naughton Jr. We'll miss The Magic Man.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Incredibly bad home video show from Denmark, with "funny" sound effects + Yakety Sax! :o:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFry7PnLQrs&t=104s

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Snapchat A Titty posted:

No idea. I wasn't involved in flood control, but was curious enough to find out why they did all the straw & black cloth barriers, and closed off all the storm drains. I got completely out of construction about 6 years ago after everything crashed.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Snapchat A Titty posted:

yeah, keep your loving chemicals out of our hydrology. it'll evaporate sooner or later

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

brazzers.gif

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Weatherman posted:

Well you sure are a thing, I guess :confused:

I never even thought such a thing, Mr. Wordinmouth Putter.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Oh god, the scream at 3:00 is loving magical :allears:

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

The Locator posted:

I actually work for a county conservation district in PA, where these plans are approved. It's not "flood control", but "erosion and sedimentation". I've never seen one that actually calls for blocking off all the storm drains, nor any requirement to do so. You put filter socks, silt fence, rock filters, or other BMPs in place around the drains, and additional BMPs around the actual area of disturbance. And if it's a new development all those storm drains should go to some kind of sedimentation basin, potentially with baffles, skimmers, etc. to filter the sediment that does get in the drains.

Of course, the E&S techs are understaffed so a lot of sites squeak by and/or don't follow their plans. So I could see some contractor freaking out and plugging the drains because they don't know how stormwater works.

Disclaimer: I am not an E&S tech myself. I work in a different program, but closely with them. Also, the laws, regs, and BMPs vary state to state.

LogisticEarth has a new favorite as of 03:42 on Jul 30, 2016

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

You probably know more about it than I do, but I know that here it falls under 'flood control', and is policed by the Flood Control District which is a County organization. There are probably other rules/inspectors at the city level in addition. There is also County Dust Control, since that's usually a larger problem than flooding here (Phoenix area).

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

The Locator posted:

You probably know more about it than I do, but I know that here it falls under 'flood control', and is policed by the Flood Control District which is a County organization. There are probably other rules/inspectors at the city level in addition. There is also County Dust Control, since that's usually a larger problem than flooding here (Phoenix area).

Huh, I did a little bit of googling and in AZ, looks like your Flood Control Districts are equivalent to Conservation Districts out here, but have a slightly different focus given regional issues. Looks like you have "stormwater pollution prevention plans", which is...kinda like an E&S plan.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Triple kill of new fail videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_qap4pf-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SshN0KWZaCo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T3wHpAN2K0

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

exploding mummy posted:

pro tip: don't run in front of speeding cars

they're ok

Thank god it wasn't Tony Stewart's car.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

It's beautiful.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Chromatic posted:

It's at least funnier than that gif of that 19 year old fire crew dude getting hit by that f1 car going full speed. That gif was sure a downer!
Have a much funnier one of a race car hitting a deer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGJ0fJN10YY

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

"Hey put that away , Sir"

"Absolutely not"

I don't know why I find that so funny, but it is.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
People absolutely sure of their (total lack) of authority will always be hilarious.

Unless it's a cop with a gun, then sometimes not.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Real life Vic Mackey over here.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Poor Cal Naughton Jr. We'll miss The Magic Man.

"Shake N Bake" is a beautiful epitaph.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

The Locator posted:

This is interesting and helpful, thanks! It was really scary trying to use the under-development subdivision to try and get to my apartment, thankfully realizing early enough that the water there was way deeper than it looked and I couldn't use it to get to my apartment.

Nothing like a random flood (from five inches in an hour) to remind you where the low points really are, and not where you thought they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sovcit tells court in notice that he's an "idiot sovereign citizen". His behaviour seems to be becoming more and more erratic, the more time he spends in jail.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ryan-bundy-declares-self-idiot-sovereign-citizen