Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Brawl is Sky Lesbians. I didn't find it super fun. Nobody wants to play medic but some people will out of a sense of obligation. You're left with objective fights that often have more healers and less damage dealers than usual with extra resurrections slowing everything down, all stacked on "people can't hit a goddamn thing with Pharah."

Being someone who plays a lot of Pharah and healing idiots who can't do anything is obnoxious. So I swapped to Pharah myself and was quad golding despite spending half the match as Mercy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

BobTheJanitor posted:

If I'm not too excited about getting screamed at by tryhards half my age in competitive mode, are there any other updates or changes to look forward to with this patch? I read up on it back when it was announced, but I don't recall that there was much if anything not related to comp mode. Anything changed since then? (behind a work filter, before someone asks why I don't just go read the patch notes)

Not yet.

I for one look forward to being screamed at for A) not playing (the class you could be playing), B) not being on the point (that you aren't on either), or C) not carrying the match (you lost in too).

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

im pretty sure you can still mute people in competitive guys

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
They need to do a low gravity brawl

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Hog brawl

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Brawl is Sky Lesbians. I didn't find it super fun. Nobody wants to play medic but some people will out of a sense of obligation. You're left with objective fights that often have more healers and less damage dealers than usual with extra resurrections slowing everything down, all stacked on "people can't hit a goddamn thing with Pharah."

Being someone who plays a lot of Pharah and healing idiots who can't do anything is obnoxious. So I swapped to Pharah myself and was quad golding despite spending half the match as Mercy.

So it's literally just Pharah and Mercy? That still sounds more fun than the last two weeks, of which I think I played one match each.

Edit: Good to see Blizzard making the popular ships canon though :v:

BobTheJanitor fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 28, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

BobTheJanitor posted:

So it's literally just Pharah and Mercy? That still sounds more fun than the last two weeks, of which I think I played one match each.

Edit: Good to see Blizzard making the popular ships canon though :v:

Pharah and Mercy with a shorter cooldown on jump jets and Guardian Angel. I really like playing either half of that combo but as a brawl it's just not that fun imo. I loved We're All Soldiers Now because it really rewarded positioning, pre-aiming etc.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Servers, EU, seem to be making GBS threads themselves right now. Been disconnected about half a dozen times in ten minutes and the two times I did get through, Athena proudly announced I was attacking before putting me on defense. :iiam:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Blizzard is getting DDoS'd right now

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

Servers, EU, seem to be making GBS threads themselves right now. Been disconnected about half a dozen times in ten minutes and the two times I did get through, Athena proudly announced I was attacking before putting me on defense. :iiam:

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/747922282715152384

:sigh:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh that sucks. :( I figured the servers were about to come down for the competitive mode patch or something.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Pharah and Mercy with a shorter cooldown on jump jets and Guardian Angel. I really like playing either half of that combo but as a brawl it's just not that fun imo. I loved We're All Soldiers Now because it really rewarded positioning, pre-aiming etc.

We're All Soldiers Now was a lot of fun because of how fast-paced it felt; You never had to chew through 500+ HP heroes being actively healed

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Countblanc posted:

We're All Soldiers Now was a lot of fun because of how fast-paced it felt; You never had to chew through 500+ HP heroes being actively healed

would have been better with helix rockets disabled but it was neat

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I couldn't get into the soldier one because it felt a bit too much like a modern mil shooter, which I've just never been that into. But I'm aware that tons of people love them, and I don't begrudge them that, I just avoided it. And then the all defense one just felt far too advantageous for whichever team was defending (I mean, obviously) and didn't make for very fun games, even when you were winning.

This one sounds interesting, but maybe it would be better without a healer. Just high speed movement abilities and lots of rockets, old school Quake style.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Patch is out, ~1GB.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

All Hog, 1CP maps only, triple health and the Chain is disabled.

Get in the mosh pit.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Guys, stop DDOSing things please. Please nerds it is very mean :(

Javes posted:

Patch is out, ~1GB.

Good timing :v:

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
So can I group with anyone in competitive ? How does that work

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Macaluso posted:

Guys, stop DDOSing things please. Please nerds it is very mean :(

Good timing :v:

its almost like the dudes ddosing chose an appropriate time to take down the service for maximum aggravation

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Samara posted:

how is grup formed

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Last time I read comp was like a best of 5; is that still true because if so gently caress that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Samara posted:

you can group with anyone who is within a certain comp ranking of you. it's quite generous though (i think i remember hearing "within 50" and there's only 100 rankings)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Night Blade posted:

Last time I read, Comp was like a best of 5; is that still true because if so gently caress that.

koth os best of 5 submaps instead of best of 3

e: the payload tiebreaker system is really dumb right now (getting a bit less dumb but probably still needs work in Fall) though so you probably arent missing much

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I did it. I got a Torb potg that was just me getting a triple kill with headshots from his left-click, no turret. I didn't even die at the end of it.

And then I restarted the game to get the update before I recorded it. It'll never happen again.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Competitive update has started!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I have never seen a less paid attention to form of communication in my life. You will get more responses with a message in a bottle than with Group Up.

I play with friends almost exclusively and not even they listen to the requests to Group Up. We're all communicative and cooperative aside from that.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
First game, someone leaves. Game ends. Doesn't even look for another person either.

Seriously?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ok, I need goon groups for Competitive. First game in, we lose 2-1 and one player is cursing everyone out through chat.

Tag is Bigred0427#1340 on PC. I'm pretty flexible on team position. Perfered Characters ate Pharah, Junkrat, Mercy, Symetra, Zyrah.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Had a guy getting mega salty within the first 10 seconds of the first competitive game like we're in the regionals or something.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mcvey posted:

how is grup formed

Let's get our placement matches done dude.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm excited to play comp for the first few days because it's basically an mmr reset

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Is competitive like a league that resets every x months?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Why is overtime in comp play???

:suicide:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
#KingOSprings #1575

Put me in (your competitive roster), coach

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Grammaton posted:

Is competitive like a league that resets every x months?

Yes.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Does that mean quick play will be fun again with just casuals?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Does that mean quick play will be fun again with just casuals?

lol

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
played 1 competitive game, had a great experience, won 3-1 on Nepal, A+

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

First game, someone leaves. Game ends. Doesn't even look for another person either.

Seriously?

Better than being stuck in a lopsided game. The person who leaves suffers heavy penalties apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So some changes I noticed immediately:

A new UI for hero select and such. Much easier to read imo.

Reaper also seems to have team-specific teleport colours now. Looks like it's red for enemies, purple for allies. Much need imo. Tired of seeing the red thing and shooting it and it's our reaper.