Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

goose willis posted:

I like the sound of Empyric Storms. How does that work, you can optionally include it in a matched play game?

The rules for it first showed up in Gathering Storm 1. But basically yeah, optional rules you can include.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

GreenMarine posted:

Oh dang. I like that new lord celestant and the new DG termies.

How many primaris lieutenants can one man have?

I've got three atm, one kitbashed out of that Anniversary Sgt, one out of a intro paint snapfit and one out of the DI box.

Now I wanna add those boys.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Corrode posted:

Yes, the stock number will change internally so it'll show up as no longer available until they've repacked it and the new listing is created.

So a repack, and not that we will get new scout bikers?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

OhDearGodNo posted:

Repack. If something's about to go it gets jammed in Last Chance to Buy for a while.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I'm curious: does Mantic have any physical presence, or are they solely online? Also, have they had any interactions at all with Games Workshop? I would imagine they don't like Mantic very much

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Lol there is a guy at my LGS who is a perfect phyiscal presence of goose willis

edit: Just sort of hovers around asking inane questions and barely contributing to existing conversations, except to offer a thought that is often hilariously wrong. Also seems to never actually play, just talks about his 'plans' to make 'army X/Y/Z' with this gimmick or that gimmick.

It's uncanny

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 24, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

goose willis posted:

I'm curious: does Mantic have any physical presence, or are they solely online? Also, have they had any interactions at all with Games Workshop? I would imagine they don't like Mantic very much

They distribute through indie retailers (though from my friends' experience trying to get Mantic stock in their stores, they're not particularly helpful). They're made up of ex-GW design team so there's some bitter blood there.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

SteelMentor posted:

They're made up of ex-GW design team so there's some bitter blood there.

Oh really? I never knew that, any big names?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Alessio Calvatore from the top of my head, ex FB dev (and owner of that infamous MLP Bretonian army.)

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

goose willis posted:

Their relationships with FLGS took a huge dive over the past few years, from what I heard it had to do with how they expected their product to be sold, and how they generally treated stockists.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
The FLGS here has some Mantic stuff, mostly just Kings of War. I haven't actually seen anyone playing them yet, but I've only been a few times during the day.

e; I've got like a billion Kabalite warriors at this point. Are Wracks or Wyches something I should look into for a pure DE force? I've already got a Haemonculus to follow the Talos, but haven't gotten a Succubus to follow my raider/hellion swarms yet.

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 24, 2017

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bombogenesis posted:

The FLGS here has some Mantic stuff, mostly just Kings of War. I haven't actually seen anyone playing them yet, but I've only been a few times during the day.

e; I've got like a billion Kabalite warriors at this point. Are Wracks or Wyches something I should look into for a pure DE force? I've already got a Haemonculus to follow the Talos, but haven't gotten a Succubus to follow my raider/hellion swarms yet.

If you want to sit on an objective in your back line, Wracks are pretty good. Not much in the way of long-ranged fire but they're T4 Elves with a 5++ and get the army wide buffs every turn. Their melee weapon is poisoned, too so, if something tough charges them (barring a vehicle) they shouldn't do terribly. Plus, liquifiers.

Wyches can only stick around so long as they're in melee, thanks to that 4++ when they're fighting and there's a chance that they'll stick, thanks to the No Escape rule. They're basically your best bet at tying up a unit you don't want shooting or moving for a turn or two and even then, it's down to a contested roll.

If you want Bloodbrides riding around with a Succubus, keep in mind that they only get the three Wych Weapons if there are ten of them in a squad, not one weapon for every three, like it used to be. I want to make them work but it can get expensive, since you need a Raider for the fully decked out brides and a Venom for the boss Wych.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

Alessio Calvatore from the top of my head, ex FB dev (and owner of that infamous MLP Bretonian army.)

alessio cavatore did a bit more than just work on wfb stuff for gw. he also doesnt work for mantic, he has his own company that sometimes works with mantic and warlord games

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SteelMentor posted:

Ronnie Renton, Mantic's CEO, was the former Managing Director at GW.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Theres also mantic staff at gw

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Ronnie Renton, Mantic's CEO, was the former Managing Director at GW.

Ronnie rabidly hates GW, like spend any time in a room with him and he'll angrily rant about them.

Mantic's biggest issue is that they kickstart all their poo poo now, so local stores have no reason to bring in their poo poo because they flooded their own market with cheap kickstarter minis and so nobody wants to buy them for full price.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So according to the Twitch stream, Celestine is now 350pts.

Holy poo poo.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

TKIY posted:

Holy poo poo.

Hopefully they buff her, give her aura/abilities that only synergies with a sisters army so She remains a viable choice for that army and not a plug and play for any imperial one.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Maybe the Geminae are mandatory now?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
No updates to Smite in CA.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Deathwatch: Stratagem - 2+ to do D3 mortal wounds to a vehicle

Dark Eldar: Webway portal - Stratagem to put units into DS

GSC: Return to Shadows - Stratagem - Pick a unit, back into Cult Ambush

Harlequins: Get Webway Assault - Prismatic Blur - Stratagem for 3++ if a unit advances

Imperial Knights: Warlord Trait - +1 Attack

Knight Stratagem: +1 to Invul save if you rotate your shield

Necrons: Stratagem - Repair Subroutines - Canoptek unit gains Reanimation Protocols for a Turn

Orks - Hedwhoppers Killchopper (Relic) - +2 S, -2 AP, D3 - 6+ roll is D3 mortal wounds (!!!)

Space Wolves: Warlord Trait - Warlord gets Always strikes first

T'au: Stratagem - Uplink Markerlights - Markerlight does d3+1 ML tokens instead of 1

1k Sons: Psychic Power - Tzeentch's firestorm - 7+ enemy unit within 18" - roll 9 dice, each 6 is a MW

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Lots more here: http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/11/20/chapter-approved-leak-compilation/

Seems like those leaks are on the money.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TKIY posted:

Holy poo poo.

Lmfao

Bye Celestine nice knowing you

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Do we know how many CP Return to Shadows costs?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

Do we know how many CP Return to Shadows costs?

1. In the Blood of Kittens leak.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That's great news!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So Inceptors got cheaper. That's nice.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

OhDearGodNo posted:

Scout Bikers aren't even that old a kit, and they're a good one at that. I wouldn't expect another small Marine release outside of Heresy stuff or one offs from Forgeworld, like the new Culln coming out.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Lol there is a guy at my LGS who is a perfect phyiscal presence of goose willis

edit: Just sort of hovers around asking inane questions and barely contributing to existing conversations, except to offer a thought that is often hilariously wrong. Also seems to never actually play, just talks about his 'plans' to make 'army X/Y/Z' with this gimmick or that gimmick.

It's uncanny

Every store has one of these guys, I remember one who would only ever play VASSAL and try and give me tactical advice while playing games.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I'm kind of underwhelmed at Mantic's Black Friday sales so far

Like I want them to put their new Imperial Guard looking guys on sale but nooooo

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Man, Death Guard got cheaper across the board, including my beloved Blight Launchers.

I thought the Plagueburst was supposed to be getting dearer?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Holy crap. Plasma exterminators for the Inceptors are down to 17 points. 59ppm is pretty solid for 2d3 plasma shots with an Inceptor statline.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

goose willis posted:

I'm kind of underwhelmed at Mantic's Black Friday sales so far

Like I want them to put their new Imperial Guard looking guys on sale but nooooo

Yeah, making mostly lovely looking minis is a real killer. Great terrain though.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Kind of bummed I glued my Warboss on Bike with a power klaw.

I might see if I can't break that off and put a big choppa on him. That relic is sweet.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Floppychop posted:

Kind of bummed I glued my Warboss on Bike with a power klaw.

I might see if I can't break that off and put a big choppa on him. That relic is sweet.

Yeah it sounds pretty insane!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

TKIY posted:

Yeah it sounds pretty insane!

Even before the mortal wounds it's pretty good. Extra AP and D3 damage instead of flat 2 damage over the normal Big Choppa.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Makes me happy, I like the look of the Big Choppa better anyway!

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

Holy crap. Plasma exterminators for the Inceptors are down to 17 points. 59ppm is pretty solid for 2d3 plasma shots with an Inceptor statline.

Its telling that the plasma gun ones are now cheaper than the bolter ones used to be.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Its telling that the plasma gun ones are now cheaper than the bolter ones used to be.

Remember when the bolters were like 225 for a squad? Someone dropped the ball pretty hard given that these models have seen an almost 50% price drop from when they were first released.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Weird that they didn't touch centurions? Unless there's something to them I don't get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pendent posted:

Remember when the bolters were like 225 for a squad? Someone dropped the ball pretty hard given that these models have seen an almost 50% price drop from when they were first released.

gently caress are the bolter dudes like 135pts now? I might have to get them back in at that rate.

3*25 + 6*10 yeah they're 135pts. Jesus. You can get nearly two squads for what 1 used to cost. 135pts for 18 mobile HB shots is pretty tasty.

HardCoil posted:

Weird that they didn't touch centurions? Unless there's something to them I don't get?

I think they might have forgotten they exist?

Genghis Cohen posted:

Looks good man, racing stripe definitely helps it pop.

Zuul the Cat posted:

That blue stripe really pops, I dig it!

Thanks dudes. Looking at it I think the stripe needs a little cleaning up, but it's good to have something break up the all-over orange.

Also that is basically a whole pot of Valhallan Blizzard, any future snow-themed army is getting patchy drifts rather than the Antarctic all-over coverage.

Living Image fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 24, 2017