Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The set of Eneloops i bought in 2014 still last longer than any Playstation controller I've ever owned

Like yeah the charging time is also much longer but I just charge them overnight so that's a complete non-issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Consoles with no games, controllers with no batteries... dont try to understand it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you charge a playstation controller overnight it turns into a gremlin

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Happy to remove if it's redundant, though there should be an img there with worldwide prices

Also, any additions to the goon info/FAQ/resources in the second post, fire away

Might be worth adding to the HDMI cable bit that even if you don’t care about HDMI 2.1 because you don’t have a ridiculously high end TV, no, “high speed HDMI cables” aren’t a snake oil joke, and if your setup for whatever reason needs more than just the cable in the box between the console and the tv you genuinely will want at least a cable rated for 18GBPS to get 4k60 without your console acting like it’s been possessed by a ghost that likes to gently caress around with the picture and audio at random intervals.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah those are good. I have a DT 990 but the resistance is too high to use with the controller headphone jack. That’s what I use at my desk.

The Sennheiser HD 598CS is to my knowledge the only one of their audiophile headphones designed to work with low power devices like that, so I think that’s a good choice too. The ear cup design of the HD series is absolutely the best thing for my ears ever. Like I said though, I use a HD599 with an amp (which has no microphone though).

I also use the DT990s but they work fine through my PS5 controller? Perhaps a little low powered, maybe. I’d love to get a nice small dac/amp but right now I can’t really justify even spending £100 on one

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
on that topic, i got an extra hdmi cable with my replacement PS5. also a second stand :yaycat:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-01-07-no-microsoft-isnt-forced-to-use-batteries-in-xbox-controllers-because-of-a-deal-with-duracell

The idea being “Microsoft determined that the average X-Box owner PREFERS batteries to rechargeable controllers, because rechargeable batteries are harder to replace when they break” is so unbelievably stupid that I cannot believe multiple wrote and edited that statement without becoming completely jokerfied.

Like, if PlayStation controllers used batteries I would have spent $500 on batteries last year holy poo poo.

yeah but the playstation controllers are always evolving offering new experiences, the xbox controller hasnt changed since the 360, batteries make more sense, less power needed. plus if i recall, at least with the 360 wireless, they came with rechargable packs but you can also use batteries if rechargeable ones die so, shrug.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Aidan_702 posted:

I also use the DT990s but they work fine through my PS5 controller? Perhaps a little low powered, maybe. I’d love to get a nice small dac/amp but right now I can’t really justify even spending £100 on one

I tried my Fiio dac/amp with the ps5 and it's not recognized as an audio out device. The controller itself has good audio levels with 250 ohm DT 770's since it seems to be amped.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

withoutclass posted:

I tried my Fiio dac/amp with the ps5 and it's not recognized as an audio out device. The controller itself has good audio levels with 250 ohm DT 770's since it seems to be amped.

Oh poo I was thinking of getting one of the Fiios. Tbf I was mostly going to use it with my laptop anyway

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
who are these people who are using their controllers so much that the internal batteries die? I have never had this issue across three consoles

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’ve been using the TuMadre Stonks discord to look for these because it worked for my 3080, is there anything better? I want a digital version and don’t need any kind of bundles but I don’t want to indulge a scalper.

Are brick and mortar stores complete wastes of time? I just wanna play Spider-Man and DS :(

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Tgent posted:

I'm sure it's faster just not as much as I'm used to after spiderman and demons souls I guess.

Native ps5 games use kraken decompression to dramatically reduce load times. Ps4 games are not compressed this way so they gain no benefit outside of ssd and better cpu

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I never had an SSD in my PS4 so the loading times on PS5 are like night and day. But it's not really noticeably different than playing on PC.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vikar Jerome posted:

Hmm this is the 2nd time i got the same ws-116327-0 error and i've had to go and change my password and resign into everything again. What gives sony

Do you have two-factor authentication enabled?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Do you have two-factor authentication enabled?

yes

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Can someone please outbid me on this? I decided to just buy one for $50 so that it would ship faster. Just bid more than $44 so I don't win please. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Demons-Souls-PS5-NEW-SEALED-/284139888348?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

I'm surprised these are dropping in price so much already. Got the new spiderman for $37 too.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

Can someone please outbid me on this? I decided to just buy one for $50 so that it would ship faster. Just bid more than $44 so I don't win please. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Demons-Souls-PS5-NEW-SEALED-/284139888348?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

I'm surprised these are dropping in price so much already. Got the new spiderman for $37 too.

done

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-01-07-no-microsoft-isnt-forced-to-use-batteries-in-xbox-controllers-because-of-a-deal-with-duracell

The idea being “Microsoft determined that the average X-Box owner PREFERS batteries to rechargeable controllers, because rechargeable batteries are harder to replace when they break” is so unbelievably stupid that I cannot believe multiple wrote and edited that statement without becoming completely jokerfied.

Like, if PlayStation controllers used batteries I would have spent $500 on batteries last year holy poo poo.

The funniest part is the PS4 controller was so easy to open up. The battery pack isn't glued or anything and is easy to hotswap and replace. I heard the PS5 controller is much harder to open up though.

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 9, 2021

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Thanks but looks like I'm still winning?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

You're going to win so much that you’re going to be sick and tired. You’re going to say, ‘Please, please, Mr. eBay, I'm sick and tired of winning. Please let me have at least one loss. It’s no longer exciting to win.’ And we're going to say, ‘No way, you're going to keep winning, and we don’t care if you like it or not.’

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

Thanks but looks like I'm still winning?

my mistake, i thought i was bidding on that game but i accidentally bid $1200 on a custom samurai sword.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

scary ghost dog posted:

my mistake, i thought i was bidding on that game but i accidentally bid $1200 on a custom samurai sword.

scary ghost dog: the way of the samurai

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Scary ghost dog of tsushima

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rabid Snake posted:

The funniest part is the PS4 controller was so easy to open up. The battery pack isn't glued or anything and is easy to hotswap and replace. I heard the PS5 controller is much harder to open up though.

They put screws under the trigger so you have to get the trigger off before you can open it fully without breaking it. Not sure if thats needed for a battery swap tho

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Rabid Snake posted:

Here's the teardown video I (think I) posted way earlier in the thread. It's got some interesting hardware, but it does look like a bitch to take apart. I was interested in customizing my controller before I watched that and now I think I'll just replace my controllers when they have new colors available. Screw trying to paint/hydrodip that thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD7KKf9rbiY

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Yeah being able to use my own rechargable AAs with the 360 pad was much better than the DS4's ridiculously tiny battery. I got 30-40 hours per charge with those things, compared to maybe 8 hours on DS4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a rip off to not sell the controller with at least rechargeable aa's

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
Agreed but the Xbox pad has one thing going for it, it works without any batteries at all when plugged in like a regular wired controller would.

Every other battery powered piece of crap I've owned whose battery died just plainly wouldn't function at all anymore, plugged in or not.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

History Comes Inside! posted:

Might be worth adding to the HDMI cable bit that even if you don’t care about HDMI 2.1 because you don’t have a ridiculously high end TV, no, “high speed HDMI cables” aren’t a snake oil joke, and if your setup for whatever reason needs more than just the cable in the box between the console and the tv you genuinely will want at least a cable rated for 18GBPS to get 4k60 without your console acting like it’s been possessed by a ghost that likes to gently caress around with the picture and audio at random intervals.

I think there's an HDMI section in the second post

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

marktheando posted:

Yeah being able to use my own rechargable AAs with the 360 pad was much better than the DS4's ridiculously tiny battery. I got 30-40 hours per charge with those things, compared to maybe 8 hours on DS4.

This feels like it shouldn’t matter unless you’re doing all 8 of those hours in a row every single time you sit down. Otherwise it just sounds like a semi-permanent gaming tax.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I think there's an HDMI section in the second post

Yeah but it only talks about HDMI 2.1, which while a good catch all for people who just want to buy the best thing possible for all situations doesn’t accommodate the “I don’t care about HDMI 2.1 because my tv isn’t brand spanking new, why do I need different cables” crowd who’ve come in and asked about it a few times already ITT.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah but it only talks about HDMI 2.1, which while a good catch all for people who just want to buy the best thing possible for all situations doesn’t accommodate the “I don’t care about HDMI 2.1 because my tv isn’t brand spanking new, why do I need different cables” crowd who’ve come in and asked about it a few times already ITT.

Oh, sorry, is there a specific post I should add because I know nothing about this poo poo :lol:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I finally solved a problem with my PS5 that's been bugging me since I got it. I figured I'll pass this along since it might help out someone else.

The headset I've been using with my PS4 and PS5 uses a USB dongle AND an optical cable going to the optical port on the PS4. This would allow you to adjust the game volume and chat volume separately, which is a feature I fuckin love. The PS5 has no optical port so I couldn't get it to work, until now. It was a solution so easy I wanted to kick myself

Here's how: Connect the optical cable from the USB dongle (or base unit depending on what sorta headset you have) to your TV's optical port. Then make sure your TV is set to output to the optical cable. This makes sure that the PS5 pipes the audio to the TV and then to the headset. On your PS5 go to Settings > Sound > Audio Output and change ‘Output to Headphones’ to ‘Chat Audio’. And there you go.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's been a good day off gaming. Just Platinumed Bugsnax finally, and upgraded to the max sword in Fenyx Rising Revengeance

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I'm trying to buy the pathless on the PS app and it's giving me an error "you can't buy this" with a frowny face image when I try to add it to the cart. Anyone else experiencing this?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had that when I tried to buy 13 Sentinels on the app but then it worked when I did it via the console

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Hmm, ok I'll try again when I get home from work. Thanks.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

caldrax posted:

I'm trying to buy the pathless on the PS app and it's giving me an error "you can't buy this" with a frowny face image when I try to add it to the cart. Anyone else experiencing this?

Log out and back in. The PSN store/app sucks rear end about retaining credentials.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Are there any plans to release Spider-man Remastered as a stand-alone title at some point? I want to get Miles Morales but I don't think I want the deluxe version since I'm not sure I'll be re-playing Spider-man anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Are there any plans to release Spider-man Remastered as a stand-alone title at some point? I want to get Miles Morales but I don't think I want the deluxe version since I'm not sure I'll be re-playing Spider-man anytime soon.

if you have MM you can just upgrade to get the SM:R for $20 at any time.