Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
A Luthien must fall

never really liked those Dracs anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
Invasion of Luthien. Hello there, Grier Seidman.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Invasion of Luthien. I remember playing that mission in MW2: Mercs. Back then I was like 10 and terrible at the game so I had to cheat for invincibility and poo poo, but that battle was great.

I really need to play MW2: Mercs again.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
gently caress the Clans. C

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ferrosol posted:

C) 1st Regulan Hussars

The 1st Regulan Hussars are the best unit in the Inner Sphere now that the 2nd Donegal Guard is temporarily down for the count. They used to be #2, but now with no 2nd Donegal, they're #1, and I am completely aware of the irony. There is no other choice: as they say in the Steel Hussars: "War to the Knife, Knife to the Hilt." They are some of the hardest motherfuckers who have ever lived.

And you know what else? If the Inner Sphere had just listened to the 1st Regulan Hussars there would have been no Jihad. They were the first ones to say "Hey, these WoB guys are bad news" when they showed up on Gibson, the first ones to shoot at them, and when everyone else thought what was left of WoB could be ignored, they hunted down every last one of them like animals.

Tell yourself: a vote for the 1st Regulan Hussars is a vote against the Jihad.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to vote for C. 1st Regulan Hussars. Partially because I'm sure Luthien will win out (because it's Luthien) but also because I keep hoping going for FWL-related missions will possibly grab us a New Rim Worlds Republic based mission sooner rather than later.

Also Frederick Steiner going Focht on Lestrade is a complete :master:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I know that once they fall off the board that I will be filled with regret for ignoring the Chancellor/Highlanders and Regulan Hussars plotlines, and further, that the Solaris scenario is all but certain to be the most fun to play.

But even so, I cannot ignore the siren call of a Really Important Battle.

The Invasion of Luthien

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Voting for C, the Hussars

Seriously, we need a change of pace and I'd like to see a fight with the FWL. And besides, they're apparently on the verge of collapse and the only thing preventing that is an elite unit? Come on guys, really? Is there any other choice?

Besides the Dracs can afford to lose a capital or three.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Artificer posted:

Besides the Dracs can afford to lose a capital or three.

You are greatly overestimating the established DC command structure.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Axe-man posted:

Also the depth of DC industry. Luthien Armor Works is almost the size of Defiance Industries, but the Combine has almost no other manufacturing facilities. There's like... Independence Weaponry, and that's about it. I would say losing LAW is probably a bigger blow than losing the command center, because without it they don't have poo poo to build.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Heeeey, that's not fair, putting the Solaris mission into the same batch as the Luthien one!!

Even I have to vote A now, sigh. Go, Hell's Horses. flutteryay. :sigh:

Also, at the end of your post, the Solaris option is still titled “Business as Usual”, like the one from last time.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Axe-man posted:

But the Free Worlds League!

"NO YOU SHUT U-" *dies from laser to the face*

:smith:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

Also the depth of DC industry. Luthien Armor Works is almost the size of Defiance Industries, but the Combine has almost no other manufacturing facilities. There's like... Independence Weaponry, and that's about it. I would say losing LAW is probably a bigger blow than losing the command center, because without it they don't have poo poo to build.

And Dieron, Benjamin, Pesht, Hachiman... hell, it makes no sense that Uncle Chandy's Hachiman Taro Enterprises mates fire-control systems to battlemechs if Hachiman isn't producing them.

I personally just think the Combine has a ton of tiny factories, or just uses its massive populations to hand-build new (simple) Battlemechs (like Chargers and Panthers).

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

You realize that we'll almost certainly be facing Yorinaga Kurita and the Genyosha? And possibly Theodore leading the 2nd Sword of Light? I can't pass that fight up.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zeroisanumber posted:

Theodore Yorinaga leading the 2nd Sword of Light?

Fixed that for you. There is no Genyosha.

Also, Takashi.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A Invade, my clanner friends, invade! For the glory of some kind of horse that probably isn't a pony. Some kind of ...Clydesdale? I don't know a lot about horses.

And hand-building mechs is the only way to go. Just imagine some goonish fellow sitting in his mom's basement (which conveniently is several times deeper than the house is tall), building his very own Urbanmech.

Edit: I don't know if this has been mentioned in the text or earlier or anything, but unlike the other clans, apparently if we're going by the map Hell's Horses go more for the Randomly-Lashing-Out strategy than anything else.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 2, 2011

Thanatz
Nov 4, 2010

evilmiera posted:

A Invade, my clanner friends, invade! For the glory of some kind of horse that probably isn't a pony. Some kind of ...Clydesdale? I don't know a lot about horses.

And hand-building mechs is the only way to go. Just imagine some goonish fellow sitting in his mom's basement (which conveniently is several times deeper than the house is tall), building his very own Urbanmech.

Voting A for the Thunder Stallion.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
It depends on who's going to be playing which side, but

as much as I want to see the Regulan Hussars, I have to go with A Luthien.

That's just too big not to have player involvement with.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 2, 2011

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I'd like to vote for B, but I'll vote A just so C doesn't win.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

And Dieron, Benjamin, Pesht, Hachiman... hell, it makes no sense that Uncle Chandy's Hachiman Taro Enterprises mates fire-control systems to battlemechs if Hachiman isn't producing them.

I personally just think the Combine has a ton of tiny factories, or just uses its massive populations to hand-build new (simple) Battlemechs (like Chargers and Panthers).

I'm just kind of using the Jihad as an example. The Combine lost LAW and pretty much their entire military-industrial complex fell apart and they were only able to keep going by converting the hulls of their two half-completely Battleships into mobile mech plants.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

If the Combine is following the Imperial Japanese model from World War II the million tiny factories plan is exactly what they're using. Factory 117 is a one building shop that manufactures Panther left foot actuators and nothing else. Factory 118 three worlds over does Dragon gyro casings and nothing else. And so on, and so forth. It hurts your efficiency, and makes re-tooling into building something new a cast iron bitch, but on the other hand its damned hard to bomb an aircraft (or 'mech) factory when its broken down into its individual components and scattered over several cities (or planets.)

Unless, of course, you just firebomb/nuke/(orbitally bombard) EVERYTHING. That usually works.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

I'm just kind of using the Jihad as an example. The Combine lost LAW and pretty much their entire military-industrial complex fell apart and they were only able to keep going by converting the hulls of their two half-completely Battleships into mobile mech plants.

Well, keep in mind, the Snow Ravens did some crazy poo poo to Dieron, and Bemjamin was sacked pretty early on.

So it wasn't just LAW.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Current vote tally-
A)16
B)0
C)5
D)0

Also, did anyone notice the appearance of Clan Sea Fox behind Clan Goliath Scorpion?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Der Waffle Mous posted:

It depends on who's going to be playing which side

It's not that hard to figure out.

I'm just kind of using the Jihad as an example.

The Jihad was retarded and threw a lot of established stuff out the window.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Yeah, A and C were the hard ones. If you want the FWL to surivive then C, if you want to get killed by the dracs, A.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Scenario A is the reverse of the one we just played. Rather than being a Combine force that outnumbers a small but powerful Clan force, we'll be the small but powerful Clanners outnumbered by a LOT of Kurita guys.

Expect to see a ton of Panthers to shoot.

Probably it will be too many for us to be able to kill all of them before taking too much damage and becoming combat ineffective. Rather, it will be a race to fulfill the mission objective(s) before getting overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

poo poo ptn you pull no punches.

C

Urcinius
Mar 27, 2010

Chapter Master of the
Woobie Marines
I have to wonder if the choice of Grier Siedman's next Assault PTN had us argue for a while ago shows up in the Hell's Horse invasion.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I'm going to vote for A because it sounds important.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I really wanted to see a Solaris match, but with these stakes I cannot vote for something other than A. :negative:

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I wants me some Hussars.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Tarquinn posted:

I really wanted to see a Solaris match, but with these stakes I cannot vote for something other than A. :negative:

Yeah, that's exactly my dilemma. But at least the list of choices here means that we'll continue getting the Solaris option, even though everything is going to hell. I was afraid that after the time skip there would be no more opportunities for fun and games.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A. And this time get it right, Clans!

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
A) Battle for Luthien because that poo poo is awesome and depending on PTN's level of commitment/lack of sanity, it could be the biggest and craziest battle yet.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Invade!

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
The Horses of Hell
Bring the yellow bird with them
Luthien shall fall.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Gonna have to go with C here, but won't be disappointed if A happens.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

I just re-read some of the previous story interludes, and we have to consider the possibility that Luthien falling to the Clans would trigger Hanse's Operation Canary (or whatever he calls it) leading to the AFFS pulling a 4th War and turning Galahad into a full scale invasion of the Combine in order to stop the Clans.

And THAT is far too awesome not to encourage!

So vote A and by god, let's WIN IT!

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"
Hole-eee-shieeet!

Wow. Just wow.

*cough* Ehm. Well now, I want to vote for Solaris VII, or seeing what's going down in the Capellan Confederation, but...

A: Horse vs. Dragon. FIGHT!

I hope I'll get my new monitor in time to participate. Hopefully going to buy one tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
C, no gently caress YOU

• Locked thread