Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just realised I have the highest number next to my trophies of anyone on my friends list :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Sakurazuka posted:

I just realised I have the highest number next to my trophies of anyone on my friends list :confuoot:

You must not be friends with malice mizer.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ineffiable posted:

You must not be friends with malice mizer.

My trophy level is pretty good and having him on my friend's list keeps me humble

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Does Malice_Mizer post? I suppose they might actually have the time to.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

bloodychill posted:

Does Malice_Mizer post? I suppose they might actually have the time to.

As Policenaut.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah no can beat the man who platinumed three different versions of Nier

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hi I took a break from working on my second Marvel Heroes prestige to post. Gonna play some Friday the 13th right after this 4CC match!

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah no can beat the man who platinumed three different versions of Nier

Just Gestalt and Replicant, but I guess Automata being finished counts!

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
is my trophy number... bad?

I've been playing Gravity Rush 2 again and I just now got the lunar power set. I'm bummed so many goons have not like gr2 because when I play it I have a pretty good time. But I just end up doing side missions, photo hint challenges, collect random gems and maybe one story mission so maybe I'm not letting myself get burned out on it.

And speaking of good games I just bought rev2 and as someone who only had the first guilty gear, ggx, ggx2 and xrd(ps+) this game has so much for a no-nothing like me a dojo, detailed encyclopedia and Fishing!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dont fish until you unlock all the music imo. Fishing them takes too long and you cant miss these tracks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Does every Japanese game have to have fishing in it

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I dunno but it's a major part of Ys 8 too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Pretty much, yeah. It's kind of ridiculous how many Japanese games this gen seem to have it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

Pretty much, yeah. It's kind of ridiculous how many Japanese games this gen seem to have it.

There has been fishing in japanese games for long time

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

All sorts of games from both sides of the pond love their fishing.

Speaking of, Stardew Valley's fishing is a vengeful, sadistic god.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't like to fish irl, but video game fishing, is good. Same with golf.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

homeless snail posted:

I don't like to fish irl, but video game fishing, is good. Same with golf.

I look forward to doing both in Everybody's Golf!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's funny how both Far Cry Primal and Horizon both ask you to collect fish as part of the game but there isn't a specific fishing mechanic, you can only just shoot or stab them.

But even Nier: Automata, a game where you play an android, has a fishing mechanic

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

There has been fishing in japanese games for long time

It's almost like fishing is a big part of their culture :shrug:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's almost like fishing is a big part of their culture :shrug:

Sure sure, next you're going to say something about how the prevalence of guns in American games says something about American culture.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
I only fished once; got a chibi-Dizzy head. All the rest of my world dollars went to buying bad rear end bgm unlocks.

Can you earn more w$ from playing single player or with friends, because I know I'm going to get my rear end handed to me online.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
What is the PS4 game with the highest percentage of platinum trophies? Is there a way to check this data?

My theory is that if you are able to confirm this information, that one statistic would tell you what the most popular PS4 game is, in terms of hours played, since the highest number of platinums would mean the highest number of players sinking a well-above-average amount of time into that game.

Based on zero hard evidence of any kind, my guess is that the most-platinumed game is Bloodborne.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

minya posted:

Based on zero hard evidence of any kind, my guess is that the most-platinumed game is Bloodborne.

I doubt this since the number of players that have beaten bosses like Rom is like 40%. Finishing a telltale series plats the game no matter what you decide to do, so Borderlands might be up there thanks to it being a free PS+ game and not unpopular to begin with.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

minya posted:

What is the PS4 game with the highest percentage of platinum trophies? Is there a way to check this data?

My theory is that if you are able to confirm this information, that one statistic would tell you what the most popular PS4 game is, in terms of hours played, since the highest number of platinums would mean the highest number of players sinking a well-above-average amount of time into that game.

I'm gonna guess something like Rocket League, cause it was free and kinda easy to platinum

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

minya posted:

Pretty much every TT game has been on PS+ and you get the platinum just for finishing them. Apart from Walking Dead 2 which doesn't have one because???

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

minya posted:

I'd bet that the most platted game, relative to the amount of players, is My Name Is Mayo

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I only have one platinum and its a Telltale game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Actually the Telltale games I have all have surprisingly low plat rates, other than WD1 at 47%, I guess having a free first episode skews the percentage. The highest one I could find quickly was Steins; Gate 0 at 55%.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Freak Futanari posted:

I'd bet that the most platted game, relative to the amount of players, is My Name Is Mayo

The highest % plats are available and Mayo is 2. The World of Nubla is #1 and 98.33% of players plat it. This is from Jan so it might have changed. I'd be more interested in the highest total number of plats but it isn't available.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
According to PSNProfiles, Nubla has the highest platinum percentage (highest english game) with 97.64%. Next to that is My Name is Mayo with 97.50%. As much as I love achieving platinums, I just can't bring myself to get My Name is Mayo. I'm not that desperate, yet.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I remember trying to platinum hunt and then I rented Terminator Salvation. Ended that interest real quick.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I wonder if nebula and mayo is because those are the kind of games only bought by people looking for platinums

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SamuraiPaul posted:

I only fished once; got a chibi-Dizzy head. All the rest of my world dollars went to buying bad rear end bgm unlocks.

Can you earn more w$ from playing single player or with friends, because I know I'm going to get my rear end handed to me online.

You get it for winning any kind of online match. I play in a player lobby with friends and win like 2/10 matches and get like 2-4k. Theres a glitch where it doesnt pay you until you load up something and back out to the menu though so it can feel like you got nothing

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Harlock posted:

I remember trying to platinum hunt and then I rented Terminator Salvation. Ended that interest real quick.

I fell down that hole once. Ya know, I'm kinda happy Nintendo didn't introduce an achievement system with the Switch. I can always rely on playing Nintendo games just for fun.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Cheevos lost their dread grip on me once I moved away from Microsoft's consoles.Trophies just don't grab me as much. Probably the lack of point value.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I'm not super into cheevo collecting in the first place, but when I got a PS4 I consciously decided not to platinum a single thing if I can help it because I don't need to waste quite that much time on a video game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I turn off cheevo notices...and rumble

Its always 1995 in my head

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I've always liked rumble? 🤷🏽‍♀️ should always be optional though

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I look forward to doing both in Everybody's Golf!

I know nothing about this game - is it the successor to the old style Mario Golf RPGs that it appears to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Cheevos lost their dread grip on me once I moved away from Microsoft's consoles.Trophies just don't grab me as much. Probably the lack of point value.

They do have a point value, theres a big number which goes up next to your psn name