Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Vile posted:

I'm not depending on a scandal bro. I'm letting you know that a great communicator with an unpredictable Ability to influence public conversation has emerged. He is also willing to go totally nuclear on Hillary and destroy her relentlessly.

6 weeks ago I might have actually agreed with you but between calling cruz's wife ugly and the abortion thing I realized that this probably isn't true

quote:

you can disagree with me and let's have fun itt but don't just be blind to the threat. It makes me think you are an idiot
trump has a chance it's just that your logic like trump is like a guy in rap video->black ppl likes rap->black ppl vote trump is super retarded and makes me think you've being getting your election coverage from reddit or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Vile posted:

Oh and to be fair - trumps numbers continue to decline.

But this makes you wrong also. Sorry not sorry

only if you don't understand the concept of variance

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yesssss

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/722181629528141824

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

:911: I KNEW there would be a Pre election night bomb drop at his big rally in Buffalo :911:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

everyone knows sandy was created by obama's weather control magic to help win the 2012 election. he even cast a spell on cristie, hypnotizing him to deliver the votes of, uh, new jersey, which he would not have... gotten... otherwise.... uh... hold on i need to think this through more

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trump also added to his schedule a 9pm media event at Trump tower tomorrow night 🏁

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I unironically approve, gently caress Cruz for voting against disaster relief.

Tom Cole of Oklahoma legitimately has my respect for always voting in favor of disaster relief instead of voting against and/or joining in the poo poo politicizing of disaster relief votes.

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Don't forget like how Benghazi sunk Obama in 2012

:smugdon:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well, Cruz does hate New York.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
WOAH! How did Ted Cruz get a video of me doing my taxes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dJjlF2MnVE

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

zeal posted:

Well, Cruz does hate New York.

tbf New York sucks but it sucks less than everywhere else

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Vile posted:

Hillary is going to be indicted. You think she is immune because people know who she is? Sad

Any day now...

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Joementum posted:

Evangelicals poo poo a brick over cloaked evolution reference...I wish

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I'm starting to imagine a contested Republican convention where every single delegate is taking it in an ironic fashion. Like, chanting "Bogel for the glotch, Bogel for the glotch" rivaled by "Trump 'at bitch! Trump 'at bitch!"

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
:siren: INCOMING TRUMP RALLY :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S_PM9xH-Kc

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

the absolute worst loving part of this primary is how often i find myself nodding along with Trump when he goes off on how much Cruz hates anything remotely resembling a metro area

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

i love how they say the income tax is like a bad tip, A+

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

OatmealRaisin posted:

the absolute worst loving part of this primary is how often i find myself nodding along with Trump when he goes off on how much Cruz hates anything remotely resembling a metro area

Trump is not ideological. It's ok to like him or his ideas if you are a democrat.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'm still amazed that there's a candidate with a chance at winning the nomination that wants to shut down the IRS.

I kind of want Cruz to win just so he can start having to answer serious questions about his insane platform.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

uncurable mlady posted:

tbf New York sucks but it sucks less than everywhere else

Having lived in NYC for a long time and managed to escape that's just something we tell ourselves to feel better

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

people who can't figure out their taxes are dumb monkeys angrily mashing keys, a good ad

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm still amazed that there's a candidate with a chance at winning the nomination that wants to shut down the IRS.

I kind of want Cruz to win just so he can start having to answer serious questions about his insane platform.

eh, he managed to dress up his opposition to ethanol subsidies and still win IA. He's very consistently hardcore small gov't - though I admit he's giving up ground on military recently - and has prepackaged conservative answers ready to go

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
President Cruz would almost be worth it to see the looks in their eyes when he's inaugurated and immediately begins pursuing a highly publicized policy of aggressive subsidy cuts

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I still don't understand this simple taxes thing. Isn't every weird instruction you have to follow when doing your taxes the result of someone trying to exploit it? Which is to say, all that stuff really is necessary?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
This Trump stream has an ad for a Trump For America track, that's amazing.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still don't understand this simple taxes thing. Isn't every weird instruction you have to follow when doing your taxes the result of someone trying to exploit it? Which is to say, all that stuff really is necessary?

Yup.

It's also how most rich fucks get their tax breaks - by exploiting all the little intricacies.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
First NJ pol I've seen recently

Breaking the 50-percent mark in New Jersey for the first time since announcing his candidacy last summer, Trump was named by 52 percent of registered Republican voters as their first choice if they had to cast their primary vote today.

Trump 52, Kasich 24, Cruz 18 Trump +28

http://eagletonpoll.rutgers.edu/rutgers-eagleton-2016-presidential-election-Apr2016/

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yup.

It's also how most rich fucks get their tax breaks - by exploiting all the little intricacies.
So you're saying that if the tax code was simple it would be exploited, and if it is intricate it also gets exploited? So we should just give up on taxing rich fucks entirely?

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samurai Sanders posted:

So you're saying that if the tax code was simple it would be exploited, and if it is intricate it also gets exploited? So we should just give up on taxing rich fucks entirely?

No we should switch from an income tax to a consumption tax. Fair tax!

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

The Nastier Nate posted:

The most telling thing to me that there is no real republican establishment, and that there are no party bosses running the show - is that they are trying to take the nomination from Donald Trump, and give it to, of all people, Ted Cruz. The most toxic man in Washington, and among the general electorate. The establishment didn't lose control, they never had it and it never existed.[b] The republican party is chaos, there is no one in charge. Prince Reibus is a figurehead who'se only job is to tweet about the GOP once a month and raise money.

You don't strike me as very intelligent.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Samurai Sanders posted:

The progressive tax system works when the taxes are actually progressive. The loopholes just get them out of paying what is already a drastically reduced tax rate. Basically we kept the loopholes but dropped the rates and everything is crumbling

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/benmarinojourno/status/722175852100890629?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
abolish the IRS and tax Mexico. Make them pay!

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
The shadowy cabal of party power brokers is absolutely real, but they're all dumber than rocks and have a hell of a hard time with the shadowy part.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vile posted:

No we should switch from an income tax to a consumption tax. Fair tax!
Yeah, I definitely understand that he wants that and how it would result in the rich being able to keep their wealth and the poor not being able to like never before.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, honestly the only solution is lol flat tax or give up pretty much all tax breaks; there's probably a better way, but this is the United Stated and we do what we want.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I definitely understand that he wants that and how it would result in the rich being able to keep their wealth and the poor not being able to like never before.

Maybe the poor would actually watch what they buy instead of purchasing whatever bling bling bullshit is on sale for thirty food stamps that week. Instill some responsibility into the degenerates

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Rex Ryan just told a story about the time Donald Trump owned the NJ Generals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo