Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Your son...he was named Shaun, wasn't he?"

1 - Shaun
2 - SHAUN?
3 - SHAUN!
4 - HATE SHAUN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

frajaq posted:

They're mostly just loving around the intro, with the exception of the ending of part 2 where we see new stuff

nothing has shadows, lol, I love that some hardcore PS 4 / xbox goober will be running around in this incredibloy dense world going to bed at night feelling like tomorrow they will go into the wasteland to rid the world of .... ps2 jankiness bahahah

looks terrible, i cant even have fun when a game looks this bad and once again todd howard lied to EVERYONE about fallout 4 ...

looks bad more I see but what a surprise? no not really its bethesda who hosed up every single game p[ut in front of them, and they better not gently caress up doom those cunts.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I want to know why I didn't marry a blonde

it's the 50s, I didn't even know they had brunettes back then wtf

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

alarumklok posted:

Her skin is slightly tan, too. Why isn't she in one of their neighborhoods?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
We saw the exact same sequence during the E3 presentation so there's nothing to spoil. Let me get this straight though:

1- The Vault salesman guy tried to contact you for days so you could fill some paperwork.

2- Then the bombs drop quite literally minutes after the man leaves.

3- You rush to the vault, apparently the salesman did the same and completed your paperwork so he could hand it over to the soldiers who then immediately let you in.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I'd pre-order the game if you got a button that let you say Shaun whenever you wanted, it would be very immersive.

Or Cheryl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=844sNQRJN4Q&t=779s

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
More.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoV7X9B35Xs

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Cool, everything in the PipBoy menus is animated to some degree.

edit: also, police station full of corpses.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

alarumklok posted:

well she's also the female character and you can swap back and forth at the mirror and so assuming you can customise your wife. living the american dream right here.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Being able to rummage through bodies and chests without a separate menu, glory glory hallelujah.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Is there even a pre-order bonus of any kind at all?

Like why not just wait until release and see how it is?

No no, I mean I'm going to buy it now, as in that little intro has convinced me to buy it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Thank you, SNAKES N CAKES

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Det_no posted:

We saw the exact same sequence during the E3 presentation so there's nothing to spoil. Let me get this straight though:

1- The Vault salesman guy tried to contact you for days so you could fill some paperwork.

2- Then the bombs drop quite literally minutes after the man leaves.

3- You rush to the vault, apparently the salesman did the same and completed your paperwork so he could hand it over to the soldiers who then immediately let you in.

Also somehow the salesman did not fill out his own paperwork so he's denied access

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
that map looks small, smaller than skyrim... could just be the icons being huge throwing me off tho.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Those MUTANT DOGs look more like incredibly muscular pigs.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ymgve posted:

Also somehow the salesman did not fill out his own paperwork so he's denied access

He's really dedicated to his job - he prioritizes his customers over himself. A true hero.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Each quest has a neat little vault boy for it, I like it

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

ymgve posted:

It's almost as if the whole Vault process was a complete sham, operating under a different, secret, set of criteria.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

That laser rifle sounds meaty

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjnvFCdHnnE

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

He goes by the full perk list one by one, nice

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

also wtf I thought this was how criticals worked by default??

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Magmarashi posted:

That laser rifle sounds meaty

It actually seems to be a legendary weapon called Righteous Authority. Its special ability is criticals doing double damage and it filled the crit meter 15% faster. So I guess the Legendary Weapons are the good poo poo depending on if they can be modded or if their features can be transferred to other weapons with sufficient craft skills.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

This is the provisional 'giant that stops animating' for Fallout 4.

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

frajaq posted:

He goes by the full perk list one by one, nice

As soon as I saw that, I slowed the gently caress down! GREAT to finally see it fully.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The combat looks... good!? Also, holy poo poo, at the part where your invincible dog is lit on fire and isn't reacting at all and just walks calmly towards you with fire pouring off his body.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Precisely why I don't give a gently caress about the screenshots that have been released to date. I don't care what this game looks like on a console because I have no intention of playing it on one.

I'm more concerned about the same wonky rear end memory issues that FO3, NV and Skyrim had but they can be fixed quite easily if they do pop up.

I'm pretty sure Fallout 4 is running on a 64bit engine unlike FO3 and Skyrim.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

frajaq posted:

also wtf I thought this was how criticals worked by default??

I guess by default you get one when your crit bar fills up.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

The combat looks... good!? Also, holy poo poo, at the part where your invincible dog is lit on fire and isn't reacting at all and just walks calmly towards you with fire pouring off his body.

Immortal Fire Dog GOTY all years

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
So far my only critique of the gameplay videos has been the level 10 player one-shotting Super Mutants. Raiders should be killed this fast, not Super Mutants :colbert:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

strong bird posted:

This is the provisional 'giant that stops animating' for Fallout 4.

Reminds me of the intro to Skyrim where the Legion lady does a slide to get into position to execute that Stormcloak.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Judging by that tiny bit of gameplay we can conclude that companions are indeed annoying and useless as gently caress.

As is tradition.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
In the leaked video, D-Dog, I mean Dinky D, I mean Dogmeat caught on fire and he didn't react to it. :( Also, the wife didn't react much at all to anything. When the idiot playing went in the wrong direction and then went back, the wife was just standing on the bridge not looking back. When the nuke went off she didn't even look in it's direction and stood there. It's weird because she is animated correctly in the E3 video. :wtf:

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

TheSpartacus posted:

As soon as I saw that, I slowed the gently caress down! GREAT to finally see it fully.

Already taken down, of course. Hopefully one of the fansites caught it and can update the info.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
So Bethesda is stomping out youtube videos but they leave potato quality instagram dude that actually spoiled plot parts alone

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Here's the perk video, about halfway through. https://vid.me/Qqh2

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?
I'm very interested in the "science!" perk and what it does, it gives you access to "High Tech Mods", as opposed to the gun nut/armor nut perks which give you armor/weapon mods.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ymgve posted:

So Bethesda is stomping out youtube videos but they leave potato quality instagram dude that actually spoiled plot parts alone

Instagram likely doesn't give a gently caress the same way Youtube does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Prophecy120 posted:

So far my only critique of the gameplay videos has been the level 10 player one-shotting Super Mutants. Raiders should be killed this fast, not Super Mutants :colbert:

These are the prissy Boston super mutants that wear tutus and go to bath houses together.

• Locked thread