Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The House of Rorie shall ascend... We must act quickly, Rorieheads.

an army of nudist dog walkers descends upon Dave & Busters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdTMw0OsP6g

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like when he tricks Ryan into thinking it's a real Quick Look but it's just another Arcade Room release.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I like when he tricks Ryan into thinking it's a real Quick Look but it's just another Arcade Room release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KuJdnB-IkU lmfao the intro

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

rip jeff

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ660Ik6Ft0

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heres to new hype jeff content

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

heres to new hype jeff content

Jeff has finally released the shackles of discussing Pink Floyd with several 20 year olds in improv school....the content will be epic

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That article they posted on the site is really bizarre, it’s so detached and meandering it feels like something written by Jeffrey of Yospos

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
it's none of my business whatever they got going on over at whatever giant bomb is now. but i hope jeff got or gets paid and he can just do more garage streaming

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

yeah like someone else said this seems a lot less like some kind of nefarious plot to oust Jeff from his company or w/e and more like him recognizing that everything making GB stand out is fully irrevocably gone and immediately jumping ship as fast as he could the moment his contract allowed him to... good news is I dug up a folder I'd saved of (I think) every Arrow Pointing Down+Bombcast from 2008 to 2011 so I think I'll be giving those a listen. The middle of that console gen seems oddly quaint by now honestly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That article they posted on the site is really bizarre, it’s so detached and meandering it feels like something written by Jeffrey of Yospos

"new era of transparency"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

lmfao yep

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbviNjxcnA8

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

Getting the MGS alert When I see the headline but instantly losing aggro when I read the “staff” byline

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1534175411193597953?s=21&t=3eiE1uEqsP6WJaVCAgAdkQ

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

:wtf:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So Jeff left because the alternative was having to play more Mario Party, is what I’m taking away from this

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The answer is that Red Ventures merged the remaining full-time employees at Gamespot and Giant Bomb together and they're probably going to either kill off Gamespot or force the full-timers to run both. I'm guessing most of the content on Gamespot is just farmed out to freelancers at this point anyway.

Jeff's contract was either up and he just decided to leave (probably best case) or he didn't want the two sites to get jammed together so RV asked him to leave.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

5/9 are J names, seems like a lot. Probably why they couldnt keep Jeff

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
dan returning is sad for the site, sad for dan, sad

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

man nurse posted:

So Jeff left because the alternative was having to play more Mario Party, is what I’m taking away from this

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

guessin they just said "hey we'll give you gerstmann's old salary" and he jumped at it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

man nurse posted:

yeah it’s this lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man nurse posted:

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ryckert as creative director is some good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

ryckert as creative director is some good poo poo

its honestly makin me consider listening again lol