Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh right, when do you get to transfer over your bonuses from doing the demo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I haven't had a lot of trouble with XP Share on in the game so far, but the Totem fights and some Kahuna fights have been pleasantly challenging.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Oh right, when do you get to transfer over your bonuses from doing the demo?

You can do it right from the start just talk to Kukui in the demo pokecenter

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zodack posted:

I haven't had a lot of trouble with XP Share on in the game so far, but the Totem fights and some Kahuna fights have been pleasantly challenging.

I turned it off and the game gets quite challenging assuming you don't just compensate by grinding a lot.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Ok my new favorite thing form the new game:

Typically the protag doesnt talk in these games which is fine and they write the script with that in mind to skip awkward moments.

In this one they ask your character direct questions, pan to you, you stand there unmoving with a stupid grin on your face in silence, and then the scene awkwardly moves on.

It owns.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

so how does all this QR stuff work?

How/Where do I scan the codes

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

TheLightPurges posted:

Pokémon canon is insanely cool and half the fun of the playthrough for me.

Current chat in the discord has convinced me it's a trainwreck worse than when Zelda officially became "two alternate timelines" and I wish I had played more than a single game after the GBC ones to be able to bust out some casual line some random NPC says that disproves the entire thing.

Because if the current canon is true then Master Chuuster isn't Ash's Pikachu after his rise to fame made him a dick.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 19, 2016

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
So the Pokémon anime became a harem series now

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Actually Zelda officially became Three alternate timelines

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
So Pokemon Moon takes place 12 Hours ahead of you, right? I checked the clock and the time is set properly to 3PM but it's the middle of the night in-game, and last night when it was midnight everything looked like it was late evening.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

BrainDance posted:

Current chat in the discord has convinced me it's a trainwreck worse than when Zelda officially became "two alternate timelines" and I wish I had played more than a single game after the GBC ones to be able to bust out some casual line some random NPC says that disproves the entire thing.

Because if the current canon is true then Master Chuuster isn't Ash's Pikachu after his rise to fame made him a dick.
According to the Delta Episode in ORAS, the Pokemon Universe also has two separate timelines/universes. One where Megastones & Mega Evolution were discovered, and one where they weren't. That's the explanation for why Mega-Evos and the Primal Formes are in ORAS. It's a different timeline.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I turned XP Share off. Aside from balance concerns I actually want a reason to use my other guys. Cycling through your party and switching at level up has a nice flow to it.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

El Burbo posted:

Actually Zelda officially became Three alternate timelines

:raise:

I don't think I can accept any number between 1 timeline and something like trillions.

edit:

Blaziken386 posted:

According to the Delta Episode in ORAS, the Pokemon Universe also has two separate timelines/universes. One where Megastones & Mega Evolution were discovered, and one where they weren't. That's the explanation for why Mega-Evos and the Primal Formes are in ORAS. It's a different timeline.

Yeah people were saying it was ORAS that screwed it all up. And then this monstrosity got linked
I also heard somewhere that I cant remember and might be completely untrue that there is/will be a way to send pokemon from the VC R/B/Y to the current games. Which I hope is true, because wouldn't that just screw everything up?

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 19, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

it's cute how people think two or even three alternate timelines or universes is confusing

that's a basic number compared to most franchises that dabble in the concept

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

It's not confusing, it's cheap and stupid. I don't honestly care that much, but it's just kinda dumb. Lazy storytelling that only happens because Nintendo/Gamefreak just make it up as they go along.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Oh, Morelull gets Spore. And Sleep Powder. Pretty sure it wasn't on the lists on Serebii, but whatever.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

BrainDance posted:

It's not confusing, it's cheap and stupid. I don't honestly care that much, but it's just kinda dumb. Lazy storytelling that only happens because Nintendo/Gamefreak just make it up as they go along.

How is it lazy? Lazy requires going for the option that results in the minimum of work. It'd be easier to just say nothing and act like nothing is different at all, if that were the case.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

so how does all this QR stuff work?

How/Where do I scan the codes

There should be a QR Scanner option in the second tab of the menu. Basically, scan 10 QR codes to get enough points for an island scan, which scans the island for rare pokemon, including ones like the Johto starters, based on which island you do the scan on. You have a limited number of scans at a time, starting with a bank of 10, which regenerate 1 scan every 2 hours.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TFRazorsaw posted:

How is it lazy? Lazy requires going for the option that results in the minimum of work. It'd be easier to just say nothing and act like nothing is different at all, if that were the case.

Things can be lazy without being the literal most lazy option possible. That said I don't really care about the multiple universes because game stories are more about creating environments where cool things can happen and if having multiple universes allows them to do that so they can handwave away plotholes that would be annoying I'm all for it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the pokemon timeline is ultimately unimportant and people who care about it are wierd

all the games take place in there own timeline, or maybe don't, it doesn't matter in the slightest

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Then I still have to ask... how is it lazy? If anything it seems like it's creating more work for themselves because it requires effort be made to work said explanation into the plot. What alternative wouldn't be lazy?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I care about the Pokémon timeline because it means I can see stuff like Old Red

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Okay, i'm lost on Pu Town
beat all the goons in the mansion and found all the notes, told the guy the answers and he's telling me to get more into the Team Skull life? I don't get what to do.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I regret letting pikipek evolve

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Pikpek's third for is great though

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

don't worry
eventually it'll evolve into Toucan Dan, the Toucan Man
that's much better than what it is now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

El Burbo posted:

I care about the Pokémon timeline because it means I can see stuff like Old Red

old red is cool, and my strong, silent friend

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The timeline stuff mostly happens in a bunch of throwaway dialogue in ORAS. It's barely mentioned outside of that, so I wouldn't bother worrying about it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've seen a lot of people angry that Toucannon is "just a toucan"

I imagine they haven't actually paid attention to it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
even if hes the kind of nerd who still has pikachu instead of raichu, i forgive him

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i like pikipeks middle evolution because it looks like a looney tune

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Countblanc posted:

i like pikipeks middle evolution because it looks like a looney tune

:yeah:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if you want a good laugh use the flying Z-move with toucannon. honestly a lot of the z-moves animate really poorly aside from explosions/beams since the pokemon models barely move, if at all. bewear using the fighting z-move is equally awful/hilarious

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Let's see an older protag come back that isn't Red. At this point him coming back is as novel as an appearance by Wolverine.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Pokémon generation eight will have you fight team whatever who are trying to merge all the Pokémon multiverse together so they can conquer them all. You gotta team up with ever single past protagonist to stop them.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Let's see an older protag come back that isn't Red. At this point him coming back is as novel as an appearance by Wolverine.
Not a protag, but I really
REALLY
want to see Miror B. make an appearance in one of the main pokemon games.
Please, Gamefreak

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I really like how Pokemon Refresh is a thing you can do immediately after a battle. It feels a lot less like a disconnected side thing like Amie was, that way.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

LEGO Genetics posted:

Pokémon generation eight will have you fight team whatever who are trying to merge all the Pokémon multiverse together so they can conquer them all. You gotta team up with ever single past protagonist to stop them.

after each gym your character will pass out and you'll awaken as a completely different protag with the same pokemon and play through their respective region until yu get to a gym and rinse-repeat

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

I really like how Pokemon Refresh is a thing you can do immediately after a battle. It feels a lot less like a disconnected side thing like Amie was, that way.

i never used amie, i use refresh pretty much every battle, that simple change is extremely good tbh

also helps it can cure poisoning and stuff, i like it a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

Not a protag, but I really
REALLY
want to see Miror B. make an appearance in one of the main pokemon games.
Please, Gamefreak

Miror B was great.

Honestly I'd take ANY side characters over the reappearance of yet more mute ciphers, but honestly, if it had to be a protag... Literally Anyone But Red.