Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

nachos posted:

So now everyone but trump is officially mathematically eliminated from 1237 and 2 senators so far have said they will skip the convention. One of them the party's nominee 8 years ago.

Welcome to the Trump party. The GOP died and we sewed its skin into these nice pants I'm wearing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The Donald, motionless as a gargoyle, perches between the merlons atop Trump Tower. Lord Crooze's fleet burns on the Hudson, a massive funeral pyre of wood and flesh. The green flames reflect in his eyes. His hair billows as another ship explodes, sending plumes of emerald flame into the night. The air is clogged with screams and smoke.

"Beautiful, so yuge," he says. "The destruction, it's very important to me."

Christie leans on the wall, a wash of blood covering half his face. "Bring me a drink," he calls to a passing aid. The young intern offers him a skin.

Christie takes a pull, spits it out and flings the skin away. It bursts on the floor. "Water? gently caress water, bring me wine."

Barron runs up the steps, taking them two at a time, and kneels before his father. "My lord, Crooze has landed men on the north bank."

Trump swears. "Where is the Smalldon?"

"Commanding the Red Hats on Long Island."

Trump turns to Christie. "You will lead the sortie."

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
More than anything I want to know what Trump does to the downticket.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

OatmealRaisin posted:

More than anything I want to know what Trump does to the downticket.

To be honest? He probably helps.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He will be replaced with John McCaffee, who will show up with bath salts and a shotgun and therefore fit right in.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I think Trump will be within 1 and 19 delegates of the nomination, and I think this will be done on purpose, and I'm going to emptyquote this after California so I'm gonna include this: :smugdon:

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Vile posted:

To be honest? He probably helps.

it all depends on how well the dems can coordinate their own nevertrump movement, i think.

hoo boy november is going to be really hosed up

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

OatmealRaisin posted:

hoo boy I'm going to be really hosed up in november

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Christie has appeared as the Hound three times now in my stupid fanfic, so I guess that's canon now.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Zippy the Bummer posted:

"Beautiful, so yuge," he says. "The destruction, it's very important to me."

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Christie has appeared as the Hound three times now in my stupid fanfic, so I guess that's canon now.

You're doing the Lord's work, friend.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hill survives Sanders surge, lmao

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Oiled and Ready posted:

They'll say it was expected, and when pressed, irrelevant.

I figured out I was actually thinking of people posting about Trump being kept under 50% of the delegate total, not in New York specifically.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Trump Campaign just texted me for the first time since he won my state:

TRUMP: Huge night for New York! Huge night for America! Show your support by visiting the official campaign store to help #MakeAmericaGreatAgain! bit.ly/1SY8tMB

Guess that spending surge is gonna happen! Think of it, a campaign financed entirely by hats

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Vile posted:

Welcome to the Trump party. The GOP died and we sewed its skin into these nice pants I'm wearing

[Trump into a mirror] Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me. I'd gently caress me hard. I'd gently caress me so hard.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I figured out I was actually thinking of people posting about Trump being kept under 50% of the delegate total, not in New York specifically.

The average prediction was still 51-55%, though. He overperformed.

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

OatmealRaisin posted:

it all depends on how well the dems can coordinate their own nevertrump movement, i think.

hoo boy november is going to be really hosed up

:getin:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Don Jr. on Hannity talking about the time Trump kicked his rear end for not getting him a can of coke.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/722613785899438084

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisLoesch/status/722618735782014976

https://mobile.twitter.com/benshapiro/status/722607103437725697

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/722612967313903616

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

crusTED

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Man on top, just as God intended

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i dont know how to keep a twitter link from showing up inline so i guess i cant post it but rob morrow is straight-up retweeting topless pictures of women now

he is an elected official

keep austin weird, man

there's also this one. i hope this isnt nws :ohdear: https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/722633751323414528

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Is this a rape joke?

edit: oops, I skipped several pages and didn't see this was actually posted before in a different tweet. still, what the gently caress Ted?

radical meme fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 20, 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/NathanWurtzel/status/722637974484213760

The #Nevertrumps already blaming Trump for downticket loses.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
did we talk about that CBS poll two days ago that had Trump up 17%+ in California?

Because :eyepop:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Bestow upon me Trump Tower, if Boosted still be mod.

Much like The Donald, on the Third Week I have Risen to be Born Again.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

EDIT:

Forget that twitter stuff, here's a slap fight between Ted Cruz and Sean Hannity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kplWydEFWJ0

E2: This is the first time Sean Hannity has ever given it to Cruz. WOW.

E3: Cruz is So mad in this clip. Around the 8 minute mark he stutters in anger. Good stuff.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 20, 2016

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Hearing it straight from his mouth is so much worse than just reading the words.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

The Saurus posted:

Bestow upon me Trump Tower, if Boosted still be mod.

Much like The Donald, on the Third Week I have Risen to be Born Again.

If we get a trumpslide in California, trump wins outright.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

"I'm going to rape America" - Ted Cruz

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol where was the media coverage when Kasich won Ohio ?! HUH ! HUH you fucks !

are you kidding me ? kasich treated that night like he won the nomination. there was all that confetti like when Obama won re election in 2012 .

as far as slime man I don't think anybody wants to see his face if they don't have to

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

They seem upset.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

If we get a trumpslide in California, trump wins outright.

I wish I'd worded my Trumptoxx as "he'll get the most delegates" and not "will be the Republican nominee" cause I wouldn't put an obvious ratfcking past them despite him winning outright.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

ShutteredIn posted:

They seem upset.

You could almost describe them as...increasingly nervous

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
not technically a GOP development but lol the democrats are going to melt down over the next few weeks

https://twitter.com/theodoricmeyer/status/722638271923253248

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Is he having flashbacks to the zodiac killings?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i definitely think if trump hadn't been in it, it would've been jeb almost certain to win the nomination. the only reason cruz is as far as he's gotten is because he happened to do okay in iowa, a state he'd have likely won no matter what as long as he was in by that point, and he's managed to be in the right place at the right time to squeak by with enough momentum to be the one the party could use to fight back against trump. with no trump, they could've kept all their resources behind the guy they wanted in the first place, and he wouldn't have ended up so humiliated, and all the angry people crawling out of the woodworks for trump wouldn't have shown up as much. jeb's a decent enough general election candidate. he seems pleasant and down to earth and like he'll just be the most swell honest guy - a perfect match against EVIL LIZARD SOROS LACKEY, THE PARAMOUR OF MONICA LEWINSKY'S EX-BOYFRIEND, HILLARY "LENIN" RODHAM CLINTON, WHO IS ALSO A GIRL in the GOP's books. cruz would've still been competitive - the south would've been tough between the two of them and cruz might've built up more support, but in the end Jeb's campaign would be running endless ads hammering it in that Cruz is a nasty guy and nobody else would've had a chance. it's just that Trump made him look like such a loser and the voterbase was riled up into wanting a big alpha male macho dudebro

if jeb still managed to make a total dorkus of himself though it might've ended up being rubio instead, but I think the thing with Trump is that he threw a wrench into everyone's script, and without the scripts both jeb and rubio crashed because they're mindless robots sent from the future to experiment on human intestines

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Vile posted:

not technically a GOP development but lol the democrats are going to melt down over the next few weeks

https://twitter.com/theodoricmeyer/status/722638271923253248

She will bring him to heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Loving all the banned Trumpists coming back for a little victory lap. Well, I guess you've earned it.

You're still marks, though.

• Locked thread