Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
Sadly this year has been rough of my car. I finally park in a access controlled garage daily, and I get MORE dents than 3 years of parking on the street.

Here's last years 'July 4th wax-a-thon' picture of my Grand Prix GT...hopefully it will look like this again in a couple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
Crappy artistic night shots. I suck at photography.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Does this mean you resolved that poo poo your dealer put you through?

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
Yeah, he agreed to pay for everything except the brakes. Happy days :)

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Got some decent shots today with my 50mm. Still waiting on some BLACK NUTZ for the wheels.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Seluin posted:

Congrats. I got my 1998 C5 back in 2003. Are those the magnesium wheels on yours?

I got the Corsa exhaust a year ago and if you don't care about keeping the car stock I recommend it.

TheFrailNinja
Jun 28, 2008
CAN'T SEE SCHOOL BUS, INSISTS HE'S AN EXCELLENT DRIVER

GET OFF THE ROAD SON

APPARENTLY SUCKS AT POSTING TOO
Weezy, are you going to post new pictures of your car every day??

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

TheFrailNinja posted:

Weezy, are you going to post new pictures of your car every day??

I sure hope so. There are less than 50 scions that look just like his car in my town, so I sometimes go an entire afternoon without seeing one, and that's just too long.

ozziegt
Jul 8, 2005

cool under pressure

ab0z posted:

I sure hope so. There are less than 50 scions that look just like his car in my town, so I sometimes go an entire afternoon without seeing one, and that's just too long.

But how often do you see one that is riding the bumpstops?

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
POSTIN UP TO REP MY DUDES ROLLIN IN THOSE ECONOMY SPORTS CARS, HOLLA

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

ozziegt posted:

Twice on this page alone.

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*

nerdrum posted:

POSTIN UP TO REP MY DUDES ROLLIN IN THOSE ECONOMY SPORTS CARS, HOLLA

drat son those rims be tight as HELL

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

ozziegt posted:

Every day on the way to work. At first I wondered if it was weezy's car.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

jujube posted:

drat son those rims be tight as HELL

I think with that level of stretch on the rear you're supposed to use the word tyte.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

I HATE CARS posted:

I think with that level of stretch on the rear you're supposed to use the word tyte.

Are you sure it's not HELLA tyte

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I always wonder if these people realize that huge wheels make their stock brake discs/calipers look very small? It's the first thing I notice when I see 22's on a decidedly non-performance oriented vehicle.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
I thought the thread was for posting pictures? Won't post any more then rather not hear all the complaining.

nerdrum that is some nice stretch honestly I like it a lot hth.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Throatwarbler posted:

I always wonder if these people realize that huge wheels make their stock brake discs/calipers look very small? It's the first thing I notice when I see 22's on a decidedly non-performance oriented vehicle.

they're 17x9's :confused:

more photos of my giant 24 inch bbs's

nerdrum fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 18, 2009

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Love the last picture. The fitment looks perfect to me :golfclap:

ozziegt
Jul 8, 2005

cool under pressure

nerdrum posted:

Is that a supercharger I see poking out? Have you taken it to the drag strip?

e: Sorry not a big fan of the stretched tires...nice looking wheels though. Almost makes your car look RWD. Almost. :)

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

ozziegt posted:

Is that a supercharger I see poking out? Have you taken it to the drag strip?

e: Sorry not a big fan of the stretched tires...nice looking wheels though. Almost makes your car look RWD. Almost. :)

The car was running consistent 13.4's at 105 on street tires at Atco raceway in new jersey, I'm sure on drag radials if I can get 60ft's down to 1.9 I can definitely smash a 12.9/8 pass. I'm waiting on the 3.15 pulley and bigger injectors then I'll be re-running it.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

quote:

they're 17x9's

Yes, I was obviously referring to the completely stock sized wheels (Sis come with 17s from the factory right?) on your Civic and not that other guy with the black wheels halfway inside the fender and barely visible brakes.

Also any wheel larger than 15" is upper bourgeois extravagance. :colbert:

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Lol sorry my 18's upset you. I'm not going to shell out three grand for a bbk on a daily driven grocery getter.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

My 16s make my brakes look small (the front ones actually have a 1" larger rotor than stock too... :( )

Other people seem to go WAY to loving big though. What rotating mass?

ozziegt
Jul 8, 2005

cool under pressure

nerdrum posted:

The car was running consistent 13.4's at 105 on street tires at Atco raceway in new jersey, I'm sure on drag radials if I can get 60ft's down to 1.9 I can definitely smash a 12.9/8 pass. I'm waiting on the 3.15 pulley and bigger injectors then I'll be re-running it.

Wow...pretty quick. Do you get a lot of torque steer?

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Might as well throw these up in here too

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

ozziegt posted:

Wow...pretty quick. Do you get a lot of torque steer?

The car dyno's 273whp/183/wtq, so honestly there's really no torque steer. I've launched the car a few times off the "two-step" which is at 5500, and it definitely starts to torque steer but honestly it's more manageable and 1,000% easier to handle than my friends absolutely bone stock MazdaSpeed 3 which feels like the front end is going to collapse on itself. I'm hoping for 305/310whp with the new pulley, methanol and a retune from Jeff Evans.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Sockington posted:

Other people seem to go WAY to loving big though. What rotating mass?

That, and there's like the tiniest caliper clamping that manhole cover.

KrazyKosher
Jul 15, 2006

She may not look like much kid, but she's got is where it counts.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

KrazyKosher posted:

Awesome. Looks like a bomb, goes off like one.

What's under the bonnet?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

KrazyKosher posted:

God I hope this is actually yours, because if it is I will love you forever.

KrazyKosher
Jul 15, 2006
It's very much in the project stages right now. The original owner swapped the original engine for a 318, but I have a pristine rebuilt 340 four barrel and some headers that I'm going to drop in it.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

KrazyKosher posted:

It's very much in the project stages right now. The original owner swapped the original engine for a 318, but I have a pristine rebuilt 340 four barrel and some headers that I'm going to drop in it.

do that, make it very loud, and drive it around just like it is right now. Take pictures.

KrazyKosher
Jul 15, 2006
Even if I could afford a stock paint job, I would still drive it exactly like it is now.

Decayed
Dec 30, 2004

Shang-a-lang
Fun Shoe

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Golf Mark V GTI Pirelli edition. So much fun and I only get to drive it on weekends (wife's car). Not pictured my rather boring non turbo '97 Impreza wagon.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Heh, I refresh.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Decayed posted:

Golf Mark V GTI Pirelli edition. So much fun and I only get to drive it on weekends (wife's car). Not pictured my rather boring non turbo '97 Impreza wagon.

Is it wrong that I'd rather see this on a set of p-slots?

Decayed
Dec 30, 2004

Shang-a-lang
Fun Shoe
I wonder if they'll call the new ones slotless p-slots? I call them expensive (had to replace one after a curbing incident)

On that note, anyone turned a wheel into a coffee table?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

nerdrum posted:

Is that hello kitty baffling or just for show because lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

davebo posted:

Congrats. I got my 1998 C5 back in 2003. Are those the magnesium wheels on yours?

I got the Corsa exhaust a year ago and if you don't care about keeping the car stock I recommend it.

Yep, they're magnesium. I really like how they look with the rest of the car.

I won't be modding it until I have a chance to try it out on a race track to see what it's like stock. And before I do that I'll need to install a roll bar on it.