Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I hadn't seen a single episode of Black Butler before, because it didn't sound appealing to me, but Book of Circus is almost over...and actually pretty good. It has this oddly effective mix of fun camp with a little mystery and genuinely disturbing content, along with a fairly entertaining cast of characters. That said, the pace is on the slow and deliberate side, but I never felt too bored by what was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Srice posted:

26 episodes, iirc. I only watched a bit of it but heck, you could make a thread and that might get the few people who are keeping up with it to post about it!

Seconding making a thread. If I wasn't terrible at making them (I have a hard time remembering protagonist names in any anime, etc.) I would've done it myself. I would post there, if only to say why this mediocre anime is the best mediocre anime I've seen for a while.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

"T-thanks, senpai, for telling me about those ins anely sexy anime babes"
               /
              /

:cawg:

According to my niece, I wouldn't sound Tsundere enough.

Regarding the thread itself, while some of the potential giggles seem to have endured, it feels really gutted. :(

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Regarding the thread itself, while some of the potential giggles seem to have endured, it feels really gutted. :(

all those ins anely sexy pics lost...like tears in teh rain :whitewater:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

That's actually me irl, love them cookies.

That's you? drat son, is your jaw wired shut or something? Those cookies just hit your face and vanish, just like the first enemy mech in Aldnoah.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 6, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Wark Say posted:

your niece discusses anime with you? i think this is grounds for a call to your friendly neighborhood CPS agent

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

someone start a new ins anely sexy thread

Brave posters have tried in recent times

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

someone start a new ins anely sexy thread

That's completely missing the point of why the ins anely sexy thread was great

A massive thread that basically exists to only make fun of the OP, eternally

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Zorak posted:

Wasn't this somewhat replicated in the Senran Kagura thread? Also, for a good while the Mahouka thread was fueled entirely by everyone ridiculing the reasons why Wickedhate enjoyed that terrible, terrible show. Does that come close enough?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Senran Kagura thread isn't really making fun of the OP so much as being ironic and chill about him. Mocking and defending comes and goes like the ebb and flow of the tide

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I believe the closest we've gotten recently is a series of posts responding to an OP alleging that "anime is for fags".

No words were spoken, just an infinite wall of images. I think one page was entirely horses for some reason?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Horsepage was great

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

icantfindaname posted:

your niece discusses anime with you? i think this is grounds for a call to your friendly neighborhood CPS agent

:crossarms:

Zorak posted:

So it was more of a "You had to be there" kinda thing. Gotcha.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 6, 2014

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Code Geass director Taniguchi Gorou is making a new thing.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

darkgray posted:

The manga for this is actually pretty fun, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the anime.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Great Rumbler posted:

The manga for this is actually pretty fun, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the anime.
Literally no part of that costume makes sense. It has quad sleeves. Her dominatrix shirt-apron is buttoned to floating belts. There should be some kind of award for character design that bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why don't those belts just fall down to her ankles?

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

darkgray posted:

That staff list is pretty impressive, but I looked up the plot summary and... I am now far less enthusiastic. Using "women are only valuable while they are virgins" as a plot device to hang an entire story on seems a little uhhh... :stonk:

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Redcrimson posted:

That staff list is pretty impressive, but I looked up the plot summary and... I am now far less enthusiastic. Using "women are only valuable while they are virgins" as a plot device to hang an entire story on seems a little uhhh... :stonk:

I think it can be taken in the exact opposite way, however, since the manga openly mocks medieval Catholicism and that kind of restriction was imposed as a punishment/challenge by an angel who was upset with what the girl had already been doing out of her own free will.

Either way, I'd be far more interested if Taniguchi was making an original project instead of adapting something like this, but after reading a few chapters it's surprisingly not nearly as vapid of a comedy as you'd think at first sight (quite literally too, if you only go by the first couple of pages and stop).

It's also worth noting he's working with Kurata on this. They had previously teamed up for GunxSword...which has a couple of jokes about male virginity, of all things, and sex in general now that I think about it.

wielder fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 1, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Squidster posted:

Literally no part of that costume makes sense. It has quad sleeves. Her dominatrix shirt-apron is buttoned to floating belts. There should be some kind of award for character design that bad.

The Tidus Memorial Award for Anti-Excellence in Apparel can't be given out to just anybody! This lady is still coordinating colors pretty well and is using asymmetry sparingly, so she's going to have to work harder than that.

Knowing nothing about the actual manga for this, something that kind of bugs me is the difference between the anime version of the protagonist and the one on the manga covers. She looks shorter and stockier on the covers, but the anime version is just kind of generically thinner. Maybe the overall art style will be thinner (especially if Clamp is involved), but having a short and stocky female protagonist would've been a bit refreshing. Basically I guess it's the difference between looking like a teenager vs. a short woman.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

wielder posted:

I think it can be taken in the exact opposite way, however, since the manga openly mocks medieval Catholicism and that kind of restriction was imposed as a punishment/challenge by an angel who was upset with what the girl had already been doing out of her own free will.

Yeah, that's imposed on her by the angels, which don't want her messing around with regular humans anymore [in this case, using her powers to prevent wars and help regular people directly].

And medieval Catholics are basically totally jerks in this:

Great Rumbler fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 1, 2014

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Taniguchi is weird in that he can make really stupid poo poo work well so whooo knows

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Putting Taniguchi aside for a second the fact that it's based on a Masayuki Ishikawa manga leaves me with no problems giving it a shot.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Redcrimson posted:

Sudden flashbacks to Virgin Fleet, gently caress.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Compendium posted:

Sudden flashbacks to Virgin Fleet, gently caress.

I feel there should be a dedicated therapy group for anime fans who have ventured too far into the abyss. It certainly wouldn't be short on potential patients.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I feel there should be a dedicated therapy group for anime fans who have ventured too far into the abyss. It certainly wouldn't be short on potential patients.

They bounce down there.
They all bounce down there.
:unsmigghh:

...except when they don't :gonk:

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

It's like the Senran Kagura thread in games. People try to mock but in the end pure love for giant anime tits shines through.

and as a plus it's a good game too which probably makes the anti-titty brigade very mad

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm still waiting for Tatsumi x Esdeath to kick off on the Akame ga Kill anime. Hopefully it's done well.
(Is this series 12 episodes or 24 episodes long?)

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I'm still waiting for Tatsumi x Esdeath to kick off on the Akame ga Kill anime. Hopefully it's done well.
(Is this series 12 episodes or 24 episodes long?)

it is 24 episodes long.

----------------

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

DrPaper posted:

and as a plus it's a good game too which probably makes the anti-titty brigade very mad

I have no idea why you would think this is true.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

is the kill la kill thread going to reopen tomorrow so we can discuss the OVA?

----------------

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It should be in archives by now. There's no reopening it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Getting hype for more "ironic" titys

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

If it isn't, I'll make a new one.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Let me TELL YOU about ideology

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This is a great idea that you should definitely do. I'd say it's been nice knowing you, but uh.

Argevollen is on the edge of being worthy of having a thread. The overarcs are good, the low-key approach is interesting, but the moment-to-moment character stuff is awful.

Apart from Nozaki and Space Dandy, I've basically given up on this season - I'm really looking forward to Autumn season, which looks to have some dynamite stuff. Fate Stay Night, Parasyte, Chaika s2 all look like solid bets. I've heard some good thing about the World Trigger manga, and even the Rage of Bahamut card-game tie-in look surprisingly good.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Squidster posted:

Apart from Nozaki and Space Dandy, I've basically given up on this season - I'm really looking forward to Autumn season, which looks to have some dynamite stuff. Fate Stay Night, Parasyte, Chaika s2 all look like solid bets. I've heard some good thing about the World Trigger manga, and even the Rage of Bahamut card-game tie-in look surprisingly good.

There's a problem with your list, because Mushishi should be on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

There's an updated version of the chart:

I liked Psycho Pass so maybe season 2 will be good. And more Mushishi is a good thing.

• Locked thread