Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Bang is a god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Now that the UK is no longer in the EU does that mean that all British players now count as imports? How will this affect the power structure of EULCS?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

YancyQ posted:

Now that the UK is no longer in the EU does that mean that all British players now count as imports? How will this affect the power structure of EULCS?

nah it won't affect anything, we're still a european country even if we aren't in the eu.

which is for the best because the uk superteam of alphari, impaler, gross gore and kasing with some random diamond 3 adc probably wouldn't get off the ground

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

nah it won't affect anything, we're still a european country even if we aren't in the eu.

which is for the best because the uk superteam of alphari, impaler, gross gore and kasing with some random diamond 3 adc probably wouldn't get off the ground

We could call this team "God Save Ka Sing"

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Lovechop posted:

On redit they were talking about forming a new league consisting of UK, Turkey, and Russia...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

YancyQ posted:

On redit they were talking about forming a new league consisting of UK, Turkey, and Russia...
You're trusting the future of the LCS to a bunch of 16 year olds who probably aren't sure why leaving EU was a bad thing

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Dropping pink wards in the center of lanes in pro play is like setting money on fire. You see it often and it never really makes sense to me.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think the idea is to ensure there are no wards behind them when they move up?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

This Fnatic and Roccat game is good because I can't tell who is winning because people just constantly get caught and die for no reason / objective and then they trade kills back and forth.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

This Fnatic and Roccat game is good because I can't tell who is winning because people just constantly get caught and die for no reason / objective and then they trade kills back and forth.

I love that the entire conceit behind Varus being a good midlaner is that you need to poke and not get engaged on and yet Roccat are consistently unable to disengage from any of these fights.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
maybe stop giving Febiven Azir.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I can't remember if I read it here or on reddit or somewhere else. I think the mid-lane competitive meta champions are definitely loving the game up right now.

Azir is so insanely nerfed right now and he still is an ungodly loving pile of poo poo to deal with it in a competitive game. He easily chokes out 50% or more of the pool of potential picks just by existing.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Libertine posted:

I can't remember if I read it here or on reddit or somewhere else. I think the mid-lane competitive meta champions are definitely loving the game up right now.

Azir is so insanely nerfed right now and he still is an ungodly loving pile of poo poo to deal with it in a competitive game. He easily chokes out 50% or more of the pool of potential picks just by existing.

Isn't this why Riot is already planning on mixing up the Assassins next? God forbid they actually balance the game instead of creating weird metagame shifts.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Libertine posted:

Maybe ap mids shouldn't be super scaling auto attackers idk.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

febiven and perkz were saying yesterday 'the mid meta is so good right now, you can play anything you want!' and yet it's azir and viktor every game still zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Maybe ap mids shouldn't be super scaling auto attackers idk.

that'd be ideal

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Yeah I mean he's obviously hosed. Didn't they say they would rework him? I personally don't think he should have insane zoning, insane mobility, an insane team fight ultimate, insane sustained and burst damage. I feel like maybe having 3 out of 5 of those things would be good.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
most champions get to pick 2

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Libertine posted:

Yeah I mean he's obviously hosed. Didn't they say they would rework him? I personally don't think he should have insane zoning, insane mobility, an insane team fight ultimate, insane sustained and burst damage. I feel like maybe having 3 out of 5 of those things would be good.

And this is after they stripped allied buffs and best-in-class turret-taking potential. I think the core issue is that for 40 mana + a sand soldier cooldown he gets to control space + clear a minion wave. Other mages are looking at probably 150-ish to even think about doing that and they're sacrificing area control/threat, not magnifying it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The main problem is that he has sustained aoe poke from 1000+ units away, so in addition to his crazy scaling and team fight presence, he can hold a tower pretty much indefinitely even under threat of a dive. if they cut down his soldier command range and his q range he would be garbage for solo queue but balanced for competitive.

Or teams need to start playing Varus and Fizz again.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
all top lane champs except darius fiora renekton riven jax mundo and sion disabled
and all mid champs except ahri syndra ori zed fizz and leblanc

then league is fun to watch again

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
jax and fiora can go to hell, dude

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

henkman posted:

jax and fiora can go to hell, dude

jax maybe

fiora is great tho. i didn't like s5 that much as a whole but s5 worlds had probably the best top meta ever, fiora riven darius and renekton fighting the gently caress out

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Freeze Draven is about as "must-see" as EU LCS gets. He's loving rollin' in it right now.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
poo poo poo poo poo poo.
This is looking really bad for H2K right now.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
zven's positioning is unreal dude

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lovechop posted:

zven's positioning is unreal dude

He just sidestepped like every incoming thing for 20-30 seconds and then Elise flash cocooned him and he immediately QSS/Flashed away from it and didn't die. Crazy.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
holy poo poo this is cool lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I'm the lady in the crowd who yelled "shut up"

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
This G2 Vit game lmfao

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
:gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
What

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
ahahaha I don't care what anyone says, EU owns

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Holy loving poo poo that quadra nexus save

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
ahahahaahaha that was loving rad

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
gently caress I stopped watching after the Elder.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

That was probably the most razor thin insane ending to a competitive League game ever

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
How much HP was left on the Vit nexus?

Edit: oh they just said 55 hp. Wow that was insane

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

pahuyuth posted:

How much HP was left on the Vit nexus?

You almost couldn't see it. It was a sliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

That was probably the most razor thin insane ending to a competitive League game ever

that game was completely nuts but fnatic vs omg will always be most brutal one for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY0JUfhH4Lk

soaz no lichbane, forever in our hearts

• Locked thread