Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAefGu7EIOk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
they added a monster truck regalia u can drive everywhere with minor limitations and u can run over small monsters now lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke posted:

they added a monster truck regalia u can drive everywhere with minor limitations and u can run over small monsters now lol

lol I accidentally installed this but reverted to the original for now. Since I bought this game late + season pass epic edition there's a crap ton of gear and outfits I uninstalled before playing to make sure I got a more normal first playthrough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's my Regalia

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hanging out in a long rear end car ride with Prompto, Ignis and Gladio...there's no game like this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I loved going into first person when it was raining on long trips. The feels

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Hanging out in a long rear end car ride with Prompto, Ignis and Gladio...there's no game like this

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
we formin up the 4 man FFXV multi for some serious questin

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh yeah Candy from Twin Peaks is the voice of Lady Lunafreya lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

[Gladio leaning out of the backseat window] Candy! ... Candy! ....... CANDY

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Another mild bummer about this game is that idk if the original music is super great. It also barely plays, no epic overworld music to listen to while running around. The battle music is killer at least

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tfw you accept a quest and then immediately complete it because you already have the junk items from wandering around.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Another mild bummer about this game is that idk if the original music is super great. It also barely plays, no epic overworld music to listen to while running around. The battle music is killer at least

The music is one of my favorite of the whole series but it is harder to hear in the full game mix. I'm glad I was able to get the soundtrack from Google when it was under 10usd. It's a huge soundtrack with 4 discs worth of music.

All the battle and boss music is so drat good but the central theme I love a lot too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Since I made that post I spent an hour fishing and I can also add the Hooked Fish to good music

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Since I made that post I spent an hour fishing and I can also add the Hooked Fish to good music

The truck stop music stuck with me for so long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV4WBO_VN2g

I won't just start dropping music vids left and right because you're still playing through it but theres a lot I loved.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[Gladiolus voice] That's boss.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I love the central theme song & the alternate gas station music

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sharkopath posted:

The music is one of my favorite of the whole series but it is harder to hear in the full game mix. I'm glad I was able to get the soundtrack from Google when it was under 10usd. It's a huge soundtrack with 4 discs worth of music.

All the battle and boss music is so drat good but the central theme I love a lot too.

loving Spotify has none of the OSTs aside from lovely fan made ones

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In case people haven't seen this yet: https://youtu.be/T0dabzg9GbM

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Evil Eagle posted:

I like the battle/driving/incidental lines in FFXV but they really should have recorded twice or even three times as many

until recently i didn't know that sultry had a double meaning and since ignis would only ever say the line in cities and galdin quay and gladio (a right lad) would agree i was like... sure? i suppose there are nice babes here at the beach. tfw your dad then says "rather sultry" on a walk when no-one else is around

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sort of Final Fantasy-related but whoa

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/25/secret-of-mana-3d-remake-launches-february-15-on-ps4-ps-vita/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHjcnOGPhs

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

whoa

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i played the game w/subs but from what i've seen the en cast is actually pretty good, even if they didnt record enough variations of lines

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said Holy poo poo when I realized that in chapter 3 they just open up the whole friggin map

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Holy poo poo I may get a PS4 exclusively for this game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I said Holy poo poo when I realized that in chapter 3 they just open up the whole friggin map

chapter 3 rules if you love loving off and doing a million sidequests

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

chapter 3 rules if you love loving off and doing a million sidequests

Somebody told if you just meander through the main quest it would be like a 20 hour but I've already put 8 into doing every single quest in that first zone + a bunch of fishing so I'm goi g to be playing this game for a long rear end time

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I spent a long time in chapter 3, like 20 hours or something like that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That 3d is ugly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That 3d is ugly

“I’ve heard of Secret of Mana, but I never played it and I’m just used to more modern graphics.”

The above is basically the gist of conversations I have had with most of my gamer friends, and could possibly describe how many of you feel about the game. We’re here to fix that!

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I love promptos version of victory fanfare that he hums

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

“I’ve heard of Secret of Mana, but I never played it and I’m just used to more modern graphics.”

The above is basically the gist of conversations I have had with most of my gamer friends, and could possibly describe how many of you feel about the game. We’re here to fix that!

After playing the original, watching this trailer hits me right in the nostalgic feels… EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

remake threads of fate with these graphics

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

yoooo i don't even care if it looks kind of goofy, the idea of a secret of mana remake w/ possible extra stuff etc is extremely win to me. Hype for this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found out you can gently caress up the regalia and now I feel really bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I stumbled into some level 55 dungeon and got annihilated by insanely high level flans when I walked in and that was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the one thing so far that is annoying about this game is the hunting quest system. Hunts are some of my favorite quests but the whole rigamarole of going to only certain restaurants to get the proper one for your area and having them scattered all over the place is annoying...you have cellphones, you should be able to just call into Hunter HQ and see a full list