Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Im scum now? Bif i JNEW IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

aren't we all scum, deep down

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

tithin posted:

aren't we all scum, deep down

Im really confused with this game rn is it actually still running?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Moatillata posted:

Im really confused with this game rn is it actually still running?

Yes

what the goal is now, i have now.

are we scum hunting down town? town hunting scum?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin posted:

Yes
what the goal is now, i have no* idea

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Well I did say about 15 times that Bifauxnen sounded ridiculously scummy from her tone. So that's a personal victory. :shrug:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Try playing mafia

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Tomm turned into scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote tomm

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Mills posted:

Well I did say about 15 times that Bifauxnen sounded ridiculously scummy from her tone. So that's a personal victory. :shrug:

Hey I investigated her N1, I thought she was acting off.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mills posted:

Aren't we getting pompous?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

Aren't we getting pompous?

Be fair, I explicitly called your role :v:

I have thoughts, but will save them until end of the game.

The game continues without Bif, as she is now out according to word of mod.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I mean, the upside is really simple. Bif won but there must still be scum.

Therefore we kill scum.

Scum being whoever bif recruited.

Now wasn't it iajanus who admitted he'd been brought into her mason doc?

genuinely curious btw.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

The game continues without Bif, as she is now out according to word of mod.

Also votefinder, for the literate.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Moatillata posted:

Im scum now? Bif i JNEW IT

Thx

##vote Moatillata

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

Also votefinder, for the literate.

Come now, be fair, that thing's been outdated for days.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

tithin posted:

I mean, the upside is really simple. Bif won but there must still be scum.

Therefore we kill scum.

Scum being whoever bif recruited.

Now wasn't it iajanus who admitted he'd been brought into her mason doc?

genuinely curious btw.

Um no, you must be thinking of someone else because I've never said that. I've been very clear and consistent about who I am and what my end game is.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

iajanus posted:

Um no, you must be thinking of someone else because I've never said that. I've been very clear and consistent about who I am and what my end game is.

See above m80

I think the last scum outed themselves thinking the game was over lol

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
i was expressing my confusion since i was in bifs doc but never got notified of any kind of alignment change

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yeah, best keep an eye out for scumclaims

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Hey Johnno who'd you investigate last night or do you not wanna say cuz yr now scum

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Crikey never mind, you'll probably lie!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

No mods no masters

Let's all agree to a draw because this setup blows

##draw

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

If we're going to draw can Starscream commit suicide to me first please?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mills posted:

Let's all agree to a draw because this setup blows

I summoned you here for a purpose.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

That's not a draw then iajanus

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mills posted:

That's not a draw then iajanus

(shh I'm trying to get starscream to do something stupid and let me win ;))

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SO i guess im not dead?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm not posting anymore. Lynch or modkill me TIA

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Interesting game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

YOU  HAVE  FAILED.

FOR  A  TIME,  I  CONSIDERED  SPARING  YOUR  WRETCHED  LITTLE  LIVES,  BUT  NOW...  YOU  SHALL  WITNESS  THEIR  DISMEMBERMENT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJRfABxL4R8&t=67s

##ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIES

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

The Autobots and Decepticons join forces to use their current day posts to try and finally stop Unicron...

IT IS NOT ENOUGH

A L L
L U R K E R S
S H A L L
D I E

iajanus (Megatron, 3P Economical-with-the-truth Decepticon Hunter) has been endgamed!

quote:

You are MEGATRON you are SELF ALIGNED DECEPTICON

Powers:
I’LL RIP OUT YOUR OPTICS
Each night you may investigate a player. If they are Optimus Prime or Starscream, you shoot them.

WINCON
You win if you kill at least one of Optimus Prime (if they haven’t used a day ability) or Starscream either at night or by hammering.

Mills (Soundwave, Town Scum Traitor Decepticon Tracker/Watcher) has been endgamed!

Jonathan Fisk (Cyclonus, Town Scum Traitor Cop whose target is Hated) has been endgamed!

imgay (Shockwave, Town Scum Traitor 1x Doublevoter) has been endgamed!

Moatillata (Rumble, Town Scum Traitor Roleblocker) has been endgamed!

Kashuno (Starscream, Town Scum Decepticon Recruiter Waste of Space) has been endgamed!

Tommunist (Scourge, Town Scum Even-night Hider) has been endgamed!

Ahab Itulliar (Perceptor, Town Autobot Factioncop) has been Fulton extracted!

Tirade (Arcee, Town Autobot Paranoid Cop) has been Town MOTM if you ask me!

chaoslord (Blurr, Town Autobot Messenger [who sends random Blurr movie quotes and roleblocks their target]) has been oblivious!

Tithin (Grimlock, Town Autobot 1x BP Incapacitator and Final Leader) has been endgamed!

Hiipfire (Bumblebee, Town Autobot Vanilla) has been endgamed!

wait... what's this?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

KUP: And that's the story of how Unicron enslaved the Decepticons and how Grimlock ended up as leader of the Autobots.

BLURR: VERYIMAGINATIVEKUPTHATSHOWYOUKEEPUSALLENTERTAINEDENTERTAINEDENTERTAINED

GRIMLOCK: Me Grimlock love Kup war stories, especially the bit about the petro-rabbits.

RODIMUS PRIME: Uhhh I'm still here guys. I'm standing right here. Kup's been spinning you a load of beryllium baloney.

SLAG: ME SLAG LOVE BERYLLIUM BALONEY

GRIMLOCK: But Kup would never lie to me Grimlock?

KUP: Uhh that's right. Rodimus is just jealous that he's not as good looking as you.

GRIMLOCK: NOBODY SLANDERS ME GRIMLOCK'S GOOD FRIEND KUP!

RODIMUS PRIME has been incapacitated on DAY 6!

----------------------

:siren: UNICRON VICTORY :siren:

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asphyxious posted:

KUP: And that's the story of how Unicron enslaved the Decepticons and how Grimlock ended up as leader of the Autobots.

BLURR: VERYIMAGINATIVEKUPTHATSHOWYOUKEEPUSALLENTERTAINEDENTERTAINEDENTERTAINED

GRIMLOCK: Me Grimlock love Kup war stories, especially the bit about the petro-rabbits.

RODIMUS PRIME: Uhhh I'm still here guys. I'm standing right here. Kup's been spinning you a load of beryllium baloney.

SLAG: ME SLAG LOVE BERYLLIUM BALONEY

GRIMLOCK: But Kup would never lie to me Grimlock?

KUP: Uhh that's right. Rodimus is just jealous that he's not as good looking as you.

GRIMLOCK: NOBODY SLANDERS ME GRIMLOCK'S GOOD FRIEND KUP!

RODIMUS PRIME has been incapacitated on DAY 6!

----------------------

:siren: UNICRON VICTORY :siren:

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

incredible

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Thanks for running the game Gaspy! I really enjoyed it. Sorry it ended the way it did.

How did the scum recruitment mechanic work?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Also Kashuno, hiipfire, imgay, and probably a few others, get hosed for signing up then doing gently caress all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tirade posted:

How did the scum recruitment mechanic work?

It was a total surprise to me as well.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I posted this in the deaddoc but things may have changed a bit in the meantime:

This setup is basically designed to have two phases

1 - Unicron vs Everyone
2 - Autobots vs Decepticons

Unicron (Bif), the single initial scum, was a 1x lynchproof mason recruiter with an NK and a secondary role which changed depending on who was recruited. Unicron was immune to night actions (they failed). To get a new power Bif could kill her mason buddy or otherwise help them die. The recruit's alignment didn't change.

Given the challenge of winning as weird SK/recruiter role, Bif's win condition was Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod being dead (and thus the Autobot Matrix of Leadership for all purposes defunct). These Autobot leaders were not recruitable as partners.

To prevent everyone's night actions failing against Bif singling her out, I built more town roleblockers into the setup including Rumble (straight RB), Arcee (paranoid doc) and Blurr (messenger who blocks but didn't know about it).

To prevent Bif from isolating her targets as unrecruitable, Megatron, Starscream and Blurr were also unrecruitable.

To stop Bif winning in like 2 days, Hot Rod was death proof until N3.

I think this game demonstrated how close some mafia games can be given
  • Bif was actually lynched once
  • MMG died N1 protecting someone who wouldn't have died :v:
  • SSV was killed after Moat planted the seed of a theory which was completely wrong but worked for Bif :v:

There were some players who knew that in the original setup the scum team were a cult. In this version I made Starscream a town cult recruiter to muddy the waters. Starscream's goal was to recruit the Decepticon players, when all living Decepticons were in the cult Starscream 'won.' (Attempts to recruit Autobots fail)

Megatron was a 3P whose goal was to hammer or kill Optimus Prime and/or Starscream. Once Starscream was dead Megatron would become the new leader and the cult members transferred to a new doc. If both Starscream and Megatron were dead the leadership would pass to Soundwave, then Shockwave, and so on.

I envisioned at some point that Bif has either won or lost as Unicron and would leave the game. This would bring about phase 2.

Once Unicron has left, the Decepticon leader and Decepticons in the cult doc become the scum team with a factional NK. Those Decepticons not in the doc become scum traitors who could be recruited by the leader.

The highest ranking autobot (possibly Grimlock and so forth) also became a cult leader to try and unite the remainder of the town against the now-scum Decepticons.

Each faction had a cop, who while useless in phase 1 suddenly became more valuable in phase 2. Cyclonus could only find town or 3P Megatron before but if recruited could now isolate targets for killing and recruiting.

Similarly, Perceptor was a flavour / faction cop who received Autobot or Decepticon results. These results now meant something.

The Autobots had a couple of tricks to counter a scum Decepticon team of comparative size. Grimlock was 1x BP, Arcee could protect a teammate or block an enemy, and Blurr could also block a Decepticon by messaging them. Ultra Magnus could make one player loved and another hated (if they bothered to play), and Springer was both harder to lynch and could survive kill attempts.

Wreck Gar was a weird role I created because Inf had publicised the original town governor role in crew thread. Wreck Gar could now make another player Hated or possibly dead depending on how many other people visited their target. This is what happened on N1 when everyone visited Inf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I was so close to winning d1 if the loving lurkers had shown up and we got the easy lynch.

drat it.

• Locked thread