Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cowcaster posted:

it's funny to think about how even in an age where you had only unique/shared/super soul breaks to work with the default starter soul breaks each character has were still considered incredibly weak, from what i remember

A lot of the default SBs were basically only ever worth using if you were completely out of abilities, yeah.

I got sooo much mileage out of Lightning's original 3-hit unique, tho, back when 5* abilities were rare and even most of those were still one-hitters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Elephant Ambush posted:

I am ready for

:rock: Pulls On Parade :rock:

:same:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I haven't been playing much lately; mostly distracted by IRL poo poo and other games. So I said gently caress it and burned all of my leftover growth eggs on getting as many characters to Lv50 as possible. I only have a few stragglers.

I've collected all the MC1s by this point and over half the MC2s, and I'm sitting on a sizeable stack of MC3 lodes which feels great.

Alxprit posted:

I got my first 5* off of the common draw!

...it was Tiny Bee.

Prav posted:

i got a tiny bee from the lucky draw

:dudsmile:

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

A lot of the default SBs were basically only ever worth using if you were completely out of abilities, yeah.

I got sooo much mileage out of Lightning's original 3-hit unique, tho, back when 5* abilities were rare and even most of those were still one-hitters.

For a while, if you didn't have a medica, your top healer options were Lenna/Arc/Eiko. Lenna had "Mass Regen" which gave everyone Low Regen, this was obviously before there was an ability to give everyone Major Regen, and Arc/Eiko had Mass Shell which was just Shellga. Plain old Shellga was one of the better abilities back then, and was useful as an SB because you could use an ability slot for Protectga or something else. Paladin Cecil's default is the Sentinel's Grimoire buff but it's like 40% instead of 200%. For a while this was sometimes usable if you didn't have SG, but usually it was trash. Celes's RES buff was also occasionally used.

Vivi and I think Ashe had self +MAG boosts, these were useful before Faithga effects became common. Luneth had +ATK, Gordon and Warrior of Light had their own self-boosts.

Also, status effects were more relevant back then so Aerith's Seal Evil was actually crazy powerful against like 5% of bosses.

In a nutshell, the best Default SB's were the buffs, most of the offensive ones were worse than just using abilities, and in some cases you were better off using regular attack.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
So, how much mythril is needed for ROP + the other cheapo banners? Not counting the 1-5 banners.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

85 total for all 17 ROP's, 75 for luckies (lmr, osb, usb), I think. I'm questioning whether the lmr and osb ones are even worth it though.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Yup, the OSB lucky seems very questionable value for veterans. Newer players with mythril to spare might as well go for it, though, some great stat sticks there.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
When does RoP start again? I'm itchin to pull

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shortly after I started there was a banner where you could choose one of the shared SBs after pulling. I agonized over it for a while before picking the Dragonfire Gloves and was SURE I'd really use that single-hit AoE SB.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

When does RoP start again? I'm itchin to pull

Tonight!

Realms on Parade!
Realms on Parade!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cowcaster posted:

it's funny to think about how even in an age where you had only unique/shared/super soul breaks to work with the default starter soul breaks each character has were still considered incredibly weak, from what i remember

They're generally hardly better than an autoattack and take twice as long to cast. The good ones are ones that replicated skills that didn't exist yet (Arc and Eiko both had Shellga, Lenna offered the aoe regen skill), ones that offer a rare effect you can't get often (I think one of them has a petrify proc? Aerith's AoE Stop+Silence was clutch for a few early fights, too) or ones that are instant-cast.

FAKE EDIT: What Rujasu said.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Alxprit posted:

Tonight!

Realms on Parade!
Realms on Parade!

Elephant Ambush posted:

:rock: Pulls On Parade :rock:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Huh, haven't been playing FFRK much lately but I saw the popup that Realms on Parade is back. Ended up with a Rem SSB. Last Stand and Reraise is kinda neat for a SSB, not as trash as I was expecting!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Rem LMR. LOL

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Cinque USB. :hellyeah: Realms on Parade is off to a crazy good start!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Queen USB, guess it goes with her BSB, but no LMRsss

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Not pulling til they're all out, then doing them all at once.

In other news, tried Crystal Tower for the first time today. Full cleared it -- I took Celes to the Magus Sisters fight and I just felt so loving bad for them. Almost nothing they could do managed to get through Runic, it's insane.

Sitting on a comfortable buffer of 200 of each 5* mote. Roll on fest, let's see who the new stars are!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Realms on Parade!!!!

0: Deuce SSB

Off to a flying start lol 😁 😁

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Got Ace OSB! Already had his USB and BSB. Dive-time. If I only knew what type-0 is...

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Edit: ^^^ :hfive:

Realms on Parade:

0: Ace OSB :cheers:

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

well uhh, this would be cool if I didn't already have Lightning USB

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Shock Trooper posted:

well uhh, this would be cool if I didn't already have Lightning USB

She has the advantage of being able to use the lightning Snowspell, which Lightning cannot.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
In Queen's favor, she has 6* Spellblade while Lightning is stuck with 5*. Queen still needs her LMR to dualcast Spellblade, though.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
yeah uh, guess I need to sit down and learn how to do some of those new Torments so I can actually get that new 6* lightning spellblade then. I've been super lazy about doing the high end stuff lately.

Sadly I don't have Queen's LMR, but I do have Lightning's LMR so...

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
5* and 6* daily draws since rates were increased: Agrias OSB, Yuna USB dupe, Aerith Unique, Lenna Unique

Realms on Parade:

T0: Rem OSB dupe

private message fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 8, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/9e0r4s/infernal_raid_conquer_the_kaiser_dragon_enemy/

So if I'm reading this correctly, Kaiser Dragon gets a full heal when he enters his second phase no matter what. That means that any damage you do to him during his barrier change phase is completely negated.

That makes the fight a whole lot easier.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

private message posted:

5* and 6* daily draws since rates were increased: Agrias OSB, Yuna USB dupe, Aerith Unique, Lenna Unique

5* and 6* daily draws since rates were increased:

0/11

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

And the game says: Use REM you shitlord

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

0/11

:same:

Also, Realms on Parade that have paid off so far:

0/1 (Dupe Nine USB. Not that it's bad, but it's a dupe. Ugh.)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

MarquiseMindfang posted:

0/11

same

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

is Tifa legend dive worth it? Have her USB. Putting together an ixion team atm

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

fridge corn posted:

is Tifa legend dive worth it? Have her USB. Putting together an ixion team atm

Quick 3 procs are actually a lot better than they seem. It's not quite as good as a doublecast LM2, but it synergizes real well with her USB2 (the thirstycast one). I'd definitely call it worth it if she's your main earth monk candidate.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got rem bsb for my first realms on parade draw. what a weird item.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rabidsquid posted:

i got rem bsb for my first realms on parade draw. what a weird item.

Hold onto that. This upcoming fest's superboss can basically by soloed by it, though I'm not 100% sure on the specific tactics.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I forgot we had a FFRK thread, I've been getting into the game fairly heavy since the past year.

Getting Sephiroth's Arcane OSB and USB1 was a godsend by the game a few weeks ago in two pulls, now I can extremely reliably sub-30 holy.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Managed it first time without diving Tifa. Still might dive her anyway for a more reliable clear. Are we getting a better earth monk skill then meteor crush anytime soon or am I better off making a second copy of gaia rush for now?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

fridge corn posted:

Managed it first time without diving Tifa. Still might dive her anyway for a more reliable clear. Are we getting a better earth monk skill then meteor crush anytime soon or am I better off making a second copy of gaia rush for now?
Right now, if you can get the rubies from the Torments (the lower levels, at least), you can buy Ironfist Earth; it's a 5-hit Monk skill that ramps up the damage over uses of the ability (starting at 0.80x potency per hit and ending up at 0.94x potency per hit). Further on (like... 3-5 months?) there'll be an Earth clone of Fires Within.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Still nothing higher than 4 * from the daily and only got a dupe from Tactics even though I don't have much Tactics stuff to begin with :negative:

Got Cinque's USB yesterday though so at least my strongest elemental team got stronger!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i keep pulling 6* dupes and it loving hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hogama posted:

Right now, if you can get the rubies from the Torments (the lower levels, at least), you can buy Ironfist Earth; it's a 5-hit Monk skill that ramps up the damage over uses of the ability (starting at 0.80x potency per hit and ending up at 0.94x potency per hit). Further on (like... 3-5 months?) there'll be an Earth clone of Fires Within.

Keep in mind it's a 6* skill, though, meaning you'll need to burn at least 5 Monk Motes on Tifa for her to have access to it.