Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/JeffProbst/status/1118712079878447104
🙏🏻

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

Ron feels like the only real threat from the original Kama because he never really betrayed anyone but Joe (and I guess Julie this episode but he can probably spin it to include her again),
On that note, it’s kind of funny, we went into this episode with all those “packages”: Julie-Ron, Wardog-Kelley-Lauren, David-Devens... all pretty much blown up now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

On that note, it’s kind of funny, we went into this episode with all those “packages”: Julie-Ron, Wardog-Kelley-Lauren, David-Devens... all pretty much blown up now.

Yeah, I'm hoping the last few episodes (how many are left?) are just full on scrambling.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Spergatory posted:

Wardog has come off as more of a side show than a main character. He's someone you enjoy and laugh at, but not someone you actually root for. Though I guess that could just be a function of personality rather than edit.

Why wouldn't I root for the person playing the best game?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

There's no chance that Wardog has been throwing challenges this whole time, right? Like even during the tribal portion of the game he seemed to suck.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 18, 2019

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is Wardog the kind of person to throw challenges and then NOT brag about it during his confessionals?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
There is no guarantee they'd air those confessionals if he did give them, because the producers explicitly do not want to undermine the challenge portion of the game by implying that not everyone is trying, let alone that it is sometimes even a good idea not to try. You'd be surprised (and probably saddened) at how many people watch Survivor mostly for the challenges.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

Is Wardog the kind of person to throw challenges and then NOT brag about it during his confessionals?

He probably IS the sort that, if he were to throw the challenges, he'd throw them the best by being the absolute worst every time

so.........

nah, he just sucks

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Isn't Gavin on extinction island already?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khanstant posted:

Isn't Gavin on extinction island already?

That's Eric

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Rarity posted:

That's Eric

they showed eric on extinction island as they were getting their clues and my reaction was, "who the gently caress is that guy?"

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Raxivace posted:

There's no chance that Wardog has been throwing challenges this whole time, right? Like even during the tribal portion of the game he seemed to suck.

People keep bringing this up, as if because Wardog looks like a reasonably fit guy, that he should be good at challenges.

But no, he's just bad.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
At this point, Wardog's ineptness at the challenges is approaching 'olympic athlete' Crystal Cox level bad. According to truedorktimes, prior to this week where the challenges had wonky placements, Wardog statistically had the worst average placement in tribal + individual challenges ever

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
His name is Wardog not Challengedog god drat yall

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
War dog is top dog once again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dogs don't challenge, they bark

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A good wardog is better forming strategies in the tent then fighting in the battle.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm watching an Australian Survivor spit challenge. These are the grossest things they do since cutting out the fear-factorish eat-some-guts, kind of stuff. Really it's not _that_ gross, except for whoever has to tend to the part of the contraptions everyone is spitting into.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Speaking of Australian Survivor. Looks like they liked the theme for last year and are doing Champions Vs Contenders again this year. And seems they are probably starting to film around now.

https://brinkofreality.com.au/2018/10/31/australian-survivor-is-back-in-2019-with-another-round-of-champions-v-contenders/

Which is actually interesting. Because from the Season 40 article that was posted earlier, the US Season 39 was also filming in April. Being that they are both filming in Fuji, I wonder how much / if any cooperation there is between the 2 countries Survivor productions?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Australian Survivor seems afraid to try new things. What happens to reality shows that don't change?

xbilkis posted:

Make this the OP please

I'll meet you halfway.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Yeesh, was not expecting my two favourites to go out back to back on a double boot episode. Guess I’m rooting for the rest of the Lesu gang. Shine bright you crazy The Wardog.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Something I thought about this morning that we sort of overlooked: Kelly outing not only her own idol but her closest ally's idol immediately upon arrival at Extinction Island was incredibly dumb, no? She has to know that someone from that group is getting back into the game, and odds are it isn't someone who's going to instantly want to work with Lauren.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
yea Kelly blabbing gives me a feeling she's mentally out of the game. Ron did great he traded julie's emotional game to cement Aurora's trust in him, Wardog blew up his alliance without cementing a parachute alliance likely wrecking his game.Rick Devins could go deep, Joey amazing could come back win a couple immunites and at the final three tell the jury they voted you out I feed you while we where all on extiction island.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

IcePhoenix posted:

Something I thought about this morning that we sort of overlooked: Kelly outing not only her own idol but her closest ally's idol immediately upon arrival at Extinction Island was incredibly dumb, no? She has to know that someone from that group is getting back into the game, and odds are it isn't someone who's going to instantly want to work with Lauren.

Yes that was incredibly stupid and nothing stops the jury from yelling it out at the next tribal except they “aren’t supposed to talk.”

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kelley is presumably assuming that whoever is coming back from EoE is after the idol's expiry, though idk why that would for sure be true.

Bigass Moth posted:

Yes that was incredibly stupid and nothing stops the jury from yelling it out at the next tribal except they “aren’t supposed to talk.”

They would get kicked out and lose their money, come on.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bigass Moth posted:

Yeah, but there's actually nothing that stops them from shouting it out at the challenge to get back in the game.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I don’t think Wentworth talking about Lauren’s idol is a huge deal. Jurors talk about that stuff in Ponderosa in other times and no one has ever blurted secret info like that from the jury at Tribal before. And by the time the next person comes back in the game idols will probably be over and even if they’re still good for another round or two there’s a good chance Lauren will have already played it.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

It wasn’t smart but I can see why she did it. She’s played twice before and this is the first time she’s dealt with this limbo situation of being voted out but still being in the game in some way.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Speaking of Australian Survivor. Looks like they liked the theme for last year and are doing Champions Vs Contenders again this year. And seems they are probably starting to film around now.

https://brinkofreality.com.au/2018/10/31/australian-survivor-is-back-in-2019-with-another-round-of-champions-v-contenders/

Which is actually interesting. Because from the Season 40 article that was posted earlier, the US Season 39 was also filming in April. Being that they are both filming in Fuji, I wonder how much / if any cooperation there is between the 2 countries Survivor productions?

Ugh, champs vs contenders sucks but at least it's not returnees vs new players.

It would be smart if both Survivor productions shared setups, like, if they already have to set up X challenge, might as well the other use it too. Oh but it might throw people off in the conversion from inches to australian inches.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

mancalamania posted:

I don’t think Wentworth talking about Lauren’s idol is a huge deal. Jurors talk about that stuff in Ponderosa in other times and no one has ever blurted secret info like that from the jury at Tribal before. And by the time the next person comes back in the game idols will probably be over and even if they’re still good for another round or two there’s a good chance Lauren will have already played it.

Someone from EoE could rejoin at any time as far as they know. Doesn't hurt her game at all but it's kind of a dickish thing to do.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it might not matter but it was kind of recklessly lovely to Lauren. Obviously Wentworth was just frsutrated that she didn't use hers and probably didn't think about it. I think that took her out of game mode. She's too embarrassed that shes "the person who went home with an idol in their pocket" especially since her rep was always related to idols. She probably wasn't even thinking about Lauren or the game at that point.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Pinterest Mom posted:

Kelley is presumably assuming that whoever is coming back from EoE is after the idol's expiry, though idk why that would for sure be true.

They would get kicked out and lose their money, come on.

Based on what precedent?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Bigass Moth posted:

Based on what precedent?

Redemption Island?

or if you're asking about the other bit, like, wasn't it literally last season that someone got kicked out of the reunion?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Bigass Moth posted:

Based on what precedent?

Alec got uninvited from the reunion show last season and lost his appearance fee for something that was pretty small potatoes. If a juror blurted out game-tainting information they got from a recently eliminated player at tribal they'd at least get the same.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wowza, Australian 2017 Survivor has a challenge where this dude's underwear fall off and him and some other dude are wrestling over football and they actually show his rear end. The tribe come and slap his butt when he wins, not-Jeff even tells him "nice cheeks." I was just caught off guard, seems like Survivor gets the censors out when someone has too deep of a wedgie.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khanstant posted:

Wowza, Australian 2017 Survivor has a challenge where this dude's underwear fall off and him and some other dude are wrestling over football and they actually show his rear end. The tribe come and slap his butt when he wins, not-Jeff even tells him "nice cheeks." I was just caught off guard, seems like Survivor gets the censors out when someone has too deep of a wedgie.

Obligatory

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
See! They even blur her fingers' cleavage

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Khanstant posted:

The rest of the world is able handle nudity a little better than the United States...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Guess nobody overseas ever thought of the children. Must be why the prize is less than half ours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Dumb question but... are idols in pocket null and void when you hit EOE Beach?

Like, could Wentworth go back with a buyback competition (a comp which is going to happen at some point) and still could have a live idol to play?

Or does all of that poo poo reset and Wentworth's idol goes back to the Still In Game camp for foraging and finding?