Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
anyways, sorry to all the non-delusional philly fans. all 5 of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Think Less posted:

anyways, sorry to all the non-delusional philly fans. all 5 of them

thank you

I honestly feel ok tho

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

trae is obviously the nba's attempt to create some sort of villain character you love to see fail

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

euphronius posted:

thank you

I honestly feel ok tho

you feel bad and are owned

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

euphronius posted:

thank you

I honestly feel ok tho

you're a pro

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgl5pHu0dbQ

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KaptainKrunk posted:

trae is obviously the nba's attempt to create some sort of villain character you love to see fail

ok I can see that he is easy to hate

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s right

https://twitter.com/tommoorephilly/status/1406816246658736129?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yup

https://twitter.com/kyleneubeck/status/1406816357014978561?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Destroying Simmons

https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/status/1406817068813635586?s=21

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm vindicated in never watching any of the basketball so the sixers humiliating failure did not affect me in the slightest.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

I think I came down to Cp3 one embiid two gobert 3 and 4 idk

cp3 carried by booker, embiid 8 turnovers in game 7, gobert wtf?!?! utah lost to a crippled clipper team with home court

trae mvp. your picks are all losers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

cp3 carried by booker, embiid 8 turnovers in game 7, gobert wtf?!?! utah lost to a crippled clipper team with home court

trae mvp. your picks are all losers

it’s a regular season award Ami

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Easy for trade young to look good when colloidal silver rigs the playoffs to enact his Atlanta narrative to promote organic team building as he punishes teams that tanked (sixers) and shitheads that just stacked the rosters cause they couldn't win alone (lakers nets)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the hawks tanked as much as the sixers

the league hating the sixers for tanking has always rang hollow for me.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

nice meltdowns

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
You can't convince me any team was tanking for a lovely little terd dangle like trea young

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm vindicated in never watching any of the basketball so the sixers humiliating failure did not affect me in the slightest.

I don't usually go for this kinda poo poo, but right now someone put a woolyworm in my shirt.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo

https://twitter.com/joelembiid/status/1406821712054919173?s=21

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

euphronius posted:

the hawks tanked as much as the sixers

the league hating the sixers for tanking has always rang hollow for me.

Sam Hinkie pissed off agents and other owners, which is the realest sin.

ATL had a racist GM and terribad team but they played nice with players who wanted out and backed up dump trucks for Gallo and Bogdanovic

So the league definitely let ATL get away with more tanking (and they have backed off on the Sixers since they too backed up dump trucks and made nice with agents and owners)

Trae Young gets a lot of calls by forcing contact. This has been a thing forever but has been perfected in this era because defenders are often closing out or slipping a screen and you can force more calls. However, everyone knows this and if you're not trying to get foul calls this way you are doing NBA Chivalric Codes and you are a nerd loser.

Unfortunately Joel Embiid also gets a tremendous amount of foul calls. In ten LESS games this year he had 2 total more FTs than Trae. If he didn't have injury issues and need rest he gets 700+ FTA, over 120 more than the next guy on the list.

Tonight, Trae Young and Joel Embiid were sitting near their season average for FTA, then Trae got 4 extra because the Sixers had to foul him to get possession back.

What I'm saying is Kevin Heurter, the inheritor of the Matt Bonner New Balance NBA Face of the Game, killed your team because Thybulle slapped him on the head - which is a foul.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you can’t match up FTA and say it was even there not how it works

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Telluric Whistler posted:

ATL had a racist GM and terribad team but they played nice with players who wanted out and backed up dump trucks for Gallo and Bogdanovic

So the league definitely let ATL get away with more tanking (and they have backed off on the Sixers since they too backed up dump trucks and made nice with agents and owners)

Trae Young gets a lot of calls by forcing contact. This has been a thing forever but has been perfected in this era because defenders are often closing out or slipping a screen and you can force more calls. However, everyone knows this and if you're not trying to get foul calls this way you are doing NBA Chivalric Codes and you are a nerd loser.

Unfortunately Joel Embiid also gets a tremendous amount of foul calls. In ten LESS games this year he had 2 total more FTs than Trae. If he didn't have injury issues and need rest he gets 700+ FTA, over 120 more than the next guy on the list.

Tonight, Trae Young and Joel Embiid were sitting near their season average for FTA, then Trae got 4 extra because the Sixers had to foul him to get possession back.

What I'm saying is Kevin Heurter, the inheritor of the Matt Bonner New Balance NBA Face of the Game, killed your team because Thybulle slapped him on the head - which is a foul.

#wow #whoa

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

euphronius posted:

you can’t match up FTA and say it was even there not how it works

I won't do any more math than that as it is statistics, which are a lie

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

it’s a regular season award Ami

Hence Jokic and Curry being top 3 :)

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Telluric Whistler posted:

Cry more

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

just feeling kinda sad even if i knew they were gonna lose

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

I will not stand slander of cartels and organized criminal enterprises like the referees. If you removed them from this environment they could harm actual people.

Kobe Bryant
Nov 16, 2010
Harris and Curry running the half court offense was never going to work but the game was still close because Trae shot like absolute garbage. The spacing looked good when Simmons was out but Embiid couldn't find the open man and made some terrible decisions. Embiid completely went away from the low post because he couldn't buy a call but he needed to stick with it.

Where do the Sixers even go from here? A CJ type player won't solve their problems. They need someone who can run the offense and score.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they can get Lowry maybe idk

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

euphronius posted:

yeah this is who the nba wants as it’s face

strange

gremlins 2 was a well-received film, euphronius, be more understanding

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

triple sulk posted:

just feeling kinda sad even if i knew they were gonna lose

Bucks were also gonna lose but then they didn't

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
no trolling, how do you see a center and a pg have the same number of FTAs and think to yourself yeah that tracks in terms of expected ability to draw fouls?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m excited for next season already

It will be fun to see what morey can do with the sixers.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
idc that the Sixers lost, hopefully they get some players in next season that I can like. if they’d won this year I wouldn’t have been that excited cause I didn’t really care about anyone on the roster

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IT CAN BE BOTH

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why would they want to make Trae Young the face of the league when they already have white boy

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1406968664117624842

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hope they keep him then. he doesn’t deserve redemption. let him rot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just as back story, Magic was fined for tampering with Ben when he was GM of the lakers.