Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

No more ballista maps, but yes to lava

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

drat that map looks very cool. It would be exciting if they added some Chiv 1 stuff, I never played it (I did briefly play the very old source mod when that was a thing) and have heard some convincing nostalgia regarding their quality. I saw screenshots of one in particular with a huge stained glass cathedral that felt unearthly and weird with a red sky behind it and a monumental stone path around it, it felt less grounded than Chiv 2 maps and at this point in the game’s lifecycle some random nonsense like lava would be a lot of fun. Though I guess water is already lava

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
The level designs were great, they did lift ideas from the first game's objectives.

This is from Dark Forest, for most of the map you were pushing a cart full of dead bodies to poison the water supply, this is that water reservoir, the cart is already dumped and we're working to open the sluice gate. Similar to lowering the gate in Assault on Thayic Stronghold, there were two cranks on either side to be operated. However, in Chivalry 1, you had to control both cranks at the same time, you couldn't complete the objective with just one.

https://i.imgur.com/bexj1Jb.mp4

This map was called Stoneshill. This is the first objective, attackers had to slaughter peasants and burn houses up to a certain amount, 30 I think? Peasant kills counted as one, and burning a roof counted as two. I specifically mention roof, because torches would doink off of any other part of the houses. Similar to the intro to Slaughter of Coxwell, except peasant kills don't count.

https://i.imgur.com/tIDyr7T.mp4

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I still remember king vs king fistfights at the end if Stonehill. They had 3x the health of a normal player so it took a hilariously long time

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I made the leap and stuck the landing last night, if anyone ever thought about trying this. You can hit the very tip of the pushable if you jump straight on it (from a full sprint), but you'll fall backwards off it due to distance. The trick is to spin around so you fall backwards onto it then hold the thumbstick towards the center of the wagon when you're riding cowboy.

You can also hop on the thing a little ways further down the road, much more easily. Always fun to do!

https://i.imgur.com/K3FC5hw.mp4

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Final patch day. The new weapon feels good, while it’s really dumb they’ve been able to do different damage types for different attacks with the same weapon forever but apparently chose not to do it for the Poleaxe, it does feel really good. Picked it up and instantly got a classic blunt weapon heavy attack killing spree, it’s like a median between the Heavy Mace and Polehammer, two of my faves. Gonna use it forever I think, also an excellent option for engineer that is kind of lateral to the Sledge but still different enough to be cool

Only saw the second phase of the new map because I had to work and attack lost really easily, seems like it might be tuned to defense right now but it still looks and feels good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I tried the new map for a couple rounds. It's alright; the climactic fight between Argon and Malric seems kind of underwhelming though. Last few maps have been kind of disappointing after how good the snow map was.

The final fight should have had a lava pit like there apparently was in Chiv 1's version of Malric's castle.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Looks like a shite place to build a castle tbh

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
https://x.com/ChivalryGame/status/1796201795766653205

In case you see a lot of low level folk in games this week, Chivalry 2 is free on Epic Games Store until the 6th. Double XP, too!

Be nice and emote at them! You should join The Order!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

10 million lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah where the hell'd they get that number from lol

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah where the hell'd they get that number from lol

I suppose McDonald’s down the street has a million people too if you count every person they ever sold a burger to

Orv
May 4, 2011
Probably counting anyone who installed it on free weekends.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I do love it when these big influxes happen and I can be the right amount of stoned to do stupid good

I also managed to win as argon once on the new map (almost twice) and it’s an interesting dynamic, the different weapons the different kings wield make the fight kinda asymmetrical but broadly Argon is a better dueler and Malric cuts through the enemy team like a thresher, so they both need different kinds of support from their team. About a hundred times easier to win as Malric ofc

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
Ok who is this? :razz:

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Anyone know if they ever got cross platform parties working for chivalry 2?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

they work imperfectly but it's possible now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Worf posted:

they work imperfectly but it's possible now

Got it, thanks. I've been playing again with the surge of new players, gonna see if I can get some of my buddies to try it again.