Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That was probably spork copying anarc's power (he did use it) then and just being silly, and isn't related. Did the messages stop coming in after the right number?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Nep-Nep posted:

That was probably spork copying anarc's power (he did use it) then and just being silly, and isn't related. Did the messages stop coming in after the right number?

Oh that's pretty likely actually, I didn't think of that

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

anyway I think punk is last scum, and if not, well done whoever is

##vote punkreas

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

maximum comedy option here is that punk was self-voting the entire game because he's a jester, I am putting energy out into the universe for this to be true

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Graphical depiction of me being a jester in this game these last few Days:

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Wait, I thought we hit hammer already, my b

##vote Punkreas

See everybody on the other side~~

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! Punkreas is hammered!

Votecount for Day 7

Punkreas (3): Nep-Nep, Punkreas, Punkreas, MockingQuantum, My Second Re-Reg
Nep-Nep (1): Punkreas

Not Voting (0):

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 12th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
The last four attendants of WizCon looked at one another. It was clear who among them was the final villain, and not just because of the spray cans sticking out of his pockets.

"The Old Ones have enlightened me.", Nep said. "It is Punkreas."

"I'd say it's as obvious as the knob at my end.", Quantum agreed.

"It has to be Punkreas.", MSRR agreed, splashing around in his kiddie pool.

The three turned to face Punkreas, who shrugged. "You sure you don't want to vote Nep?" he asked.

Using the opportunity as all three of them shook their heads, Punkreas jumped on his chaosbike and drove away. He knew he would never be allowed at WizCon again, but there were other places that could use his chaotic energies.

Punkreas, Kaoszandra the Chaos Magician, SCUM-Aligned Daredevil has been removed from the convention!

quote:

Through great risk, great reward is achieved, yes? The potential power of probability magic has warped your brain in such a way that those not tied to the currents and eddies of possibility think that you are mad, but among wizardkind, you alone have stood outside of creation and born witness to the Outsider entities observing us. These are strange and capricious beings whose goals are ambiguous, but seem motivated by the chaos and destruction of your world. More than anything, they value showmanship and daring. As you flirt with disaster, you can feel power well up inside of you. Like shaking up a soda!

For every vote threshold you reach during day phase, your abilities during the night will be enhanced accordingly. You do not have to maintain those votes, but must reach the threshold at least once during the day. Abilities reset at the end of the night phase. You may not target the same player with the same action two nights successively.

2 votes - Rolecop, you may ##rolecop [player] to investigate another player and learn their role with a general description of the abilities available to them.

3 votes - Redirector, you may ##redirect [player] to [player] to change the target of your target

4 votes - Janitor, when you perform the Scum collective killing action your garget's role, alignment and any associated information such as pain colors will be obscured from the flip if you are successful.

5 votes - Assassin, when you perform the Scum collective killing action, you ignore protective actions and passive abilities.

As the three survivors looked at each other filled with relief, the veil between this world and another dimension began to thin. The air rippled and Nep fell to her knees. "Oh Great Old Ones! Thy humble servant bids thee welcome to this plane!"

Suddenly the door to the morgue flew open and in walked the deceased or imprisoned congoers - shining with an otherworldly light. Nep and her newly minted acolytes fell to their knees and worshipped their new leaders.

Praise be to the Old Ones! Nep-Nep has achieved her personal win condition and brought her masters to our plane!

quote:

Iä! The coming of the Old Gods is nigh. It is up to you to prepare the way for their coming, by assembling suitable vessels for them to inhabit when the stars are right.

At night you may ##bless another player with the influence of the Old Gods. They are henceforth unknowingly part of your circle and telepathically linked with you.

Each night, you see all action results players who are part of your circle see. In addition, actions taken by players in your circle cannot kill you, even if they would normally circumvent protection.

When the game starts, select two players who will begin the game in your circle.

You abscond with a personal victory when every living player is part of your circle. (Those players remain unharmed... for now.)

Mocking Quantum looked around at the scene. If the knobby old staff had shoulders, he would have shrugged. As it was, with a flicker of his body, he summoned a giant disco ball into the hotel lobby. "This seems like a cause for celebration! Let's get funky, everyone!" he shouted.

It's time to party! Mocking Quantum has achieved his personal victory condition of getting three players to party with him! Woooo!

Due to time constraints, Mocking Quantum also receives an IOU for a pun-based one-shot power - applicable with any mod willing to honor this deal.

quote:

You are a completely regular old wizard staff, even though your call to fame comes from drunken people and grannnies up the mountains (or both) who love to use you as an excuse to blow off their creative steam. It's not your fault people have dirty minds, is it?

During the day, you may publicly post at least one pun or double entendre. Once at any point during the same day, you can privately ##callout your post in your confessional (quoting and bolding the pun) to instantly gain a one-shot power roughly based on it. This power can be used from the following night onwards.

You cannout ##callout posts made on previous days.

My Second Re-Reg survives to share victory with his fellow town and menace a local river again in the future!

quote:

You're an Amazonian pink dolphin and the subject of many ancestral stories. By night, you transform yourself into an attractive, white-clad stranger, always wearing a hat carefully positioned to hide the blowhole on top of your head. No one can resist your charms, but you are dangerously fleeting and never stick around for too long. Anyone who gets too attached to you may end up courting their own death in a desperate chase through the muddy depths of the river.

At night you can ##charm a player.

The first time you visit a given player, you act like a rolestopper: your target becomes untargetable for the night.
The second time on the same target, you mason them: you both gain an unconfirmed, permanent masonry.
The third time, you are a vig: target dies.

Visits need to be consecutive. The cycle can be restarted by visitng a different player, but only one masonry can be active at any time.

Thank you all so much for playing our silly game. It was fun to make, and fun to run.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
It was about as chaotic as we hoped it would be, and you were wonderful players. I hope the poor scumteam didn't get too discouraged after two nights of blocked kills, but they put up a good fight I'd say.

Exquisite Corpse Mafia 2 - Exquisite Cultists when?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Absolutely incredible, thank you all for running and playing

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Fun game! I think we can all agree that mistakes were made on both sides. Also for crying out loud why did Punk survive this long.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

NeverHelm posted:

why did Punk survive this long.

quote:

mistakes were made

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Neat game! Still a bit disappointed that I didn't execute Shwinn, but Nep pulled town along to victory regardless.

Good effort, Punk!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

You had me figured out cube, take that as a personal victory even if no one believed you!

Spectacular game

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Due to time constraints, Mocking Quantum also receives an IOU for a pun-based one-shot power - applicable with any mod willing to honor this deal.

As a member of the Honourable Guild of Mafia Moderators I would of course redeem any such IOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Definitely impressed with the mods all for running and coming up with this, thanks. In particular, I liked the poison and paint red herrings. Even with the absurd amount of information I had access to by the end it still took me a lot of work to rule those out.

I'm glad I wasn't scamming town, from the way my wincon was worded I wasn't sure and while I could have asked by the time it mattered I didn't want to know. I would've wanted to turn myself in if I found out I was lying. Whether I would have done it or not, who knows.

Scum definitely had it hard this game with things lining up with the eccodoc and such but they definitely put up a good fight. All the ambiguity in the game had me n6 running in circles wondering if I was wrong about everything. Also punkreas' day 3 claim and revealing in the very same post that it was made up was the funniest thing, I didn't know what to make of it.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i said this in my confessional already but all of the majesty and production surrounding this game was so impressive that it's convinced me that i'll have to spend significantly more time and effort on flavor and supplementary materials for my own game i'm working on if i don't want to end up severely disappointed in myself in the end -- seriously, i can't overstate enough how fun and immersive all the little touches in this game were like the graffiti'd "I BROKE YOUR STUPID poo poo" after neverhelm the wizard-hater died

:five: without a doubt

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zoya posted:

i said this in my confessional already but all of the majesty and production surrounding this game was so impressive that it's convinced me that i'll have to spend significantly more time and effort on flavor and supplementary materials for my own game i'm working on if i don't want to end up severely disappointed in myself in the end -- seriously, i can't overstate enough how fun and immersive all the little touches in this game were like the graffiti'd "I BROKE YOUR STUPID poo poo" after neverhelm the wizard-hater died

:five: without a doubt

Yes all of the details were fantastic, just great work

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cheers for the game all.

Why'd yall let Punkreas straight up glide to endgame without pressing his stupid gimmick or forcing them to full claim?
Bad town, bad.

Absolutely risky as poo poo letting a claimed 3P through as well, but good on Nep for managing to argue for it successfully.

Also turns out there was no poisoner, even though my role PM clearly states there would be poison! Annoying little red herring. :v:
That's showbizrole madness baby~

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Great game, the madness was real and I was there for it

Scum didn't pull it off and, even though it was only my second time as Scum, it felt like one is the harder setups given how threatening most of the Town were individually

And good on Nep specifically for admitting to the 3p and managing to pulling it off! Even though it would help me as Scum, I genuinely believed everything I said about you likely being a solo wincon, so I'm surprised to see that it was a dual victory

Regardless, congrats T-3p!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Infinitum posted:

Cheers for the game all.

Why'd yall let Punkreas straight up glide to endgame without pressing his stupid gimmick or forcing them to full claim?
Bad town, bad.

Absolutely risky as poo poo letting a claimed 3P through as well, but good on Nep for managing to argue for it successfully.

Also turns out there was no poisoner, even though my role PM clearly states there would be poison! Annoying little red herring. :v:
That's showbizrole madness baby~

there was no painter either!!