Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

RedSpider posted:

How does it make you feel that a Western feminist icon like Gal Gadot has Palestinian blood on her hands? Millions of her teenage fans have no idea how much of a bloodthirsty monster she really is, which is most unsettling.

I am most unsettled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RedSpider posted:

How does it make you feel that a Western feminist icon like Gal Gadot has Palestinian blood on her hands? Millions of her teenage fans have no idea how much of a bloodthirsty monster she really is, which is most unsettling.

I'm cool with it, not like I live there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bloodthirsty monsters that also happen to be good actors/actresses are cool and good.

And speaking of trailers I just saw the trailer for Mother! before Dunkirk and it was somehow good even though the entire thing is a black screen with text and audio.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

You want to talk about war crimes? Aubrey Plaza was in a movie about Grumpy Cat.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

this is a kinda lame example but if you want a good example watch basically any episode of Parks and Recreation or The Little Hours. She's really really good in The Little Hours.

I can't believe someone else saw The Little Hours, thought I was the only one who caught it and liked it

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Friend posted:

You want to talk about war crimes? Aubrey Plaza was in a movie about Grumpy Cat.

And the Emoji Movie made 10 million so far, beating Dunkirk and Atomic Blonde at the box office.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Friend posted:

Christina ricci still superior

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

I can't believe someone else saw The Little Hours, thought I was the only one who caught it and liked it

We have it at the theater I work at. Not a bad little comedy from out of nowhere.

got any sevens posted:

Christina ricci still superior

In every conceivable way.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

RedSpider posted:

at least Roman Polanski only raped an underaged girl while Jack Nicholson watched

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, I'm getting a Single White Female vibe from the trailers.

I don't think that "Single White Female with the lunatic as the protagonist" is a good pitch for a movie. It would just be a suspense movie without the suspense.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntDpPsnXPYw

Was this posted? Sorry if I missed it but I thought this looked surprisingly funny

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

RedSpider posted:

Western feminist icon like Gal Gadot

Wait, what?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Syncopated posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntDpPsnXPYw

Was this posted? Sorry if I missed it but I thought this looked surprisingly funny

I posted it but it deserves a second post. Im really looking forward to it

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I like how extremely Brett Gelman it seems to be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

I like how extremely Brett Gelman it seems to be.

He cowrote it and the director/other writer is his wife.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It looks like dogshit

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of weird that they've put out two trailers for the Kingsman sequel and neither of them has mentioned Pedro Pascal by name, even though (just going by the trailers) it looks like he's going to have the bigger part out of all the American characters.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

muscles like this! posted:

Its kind of weird that they've put out two trailers for the Kingsman sequel and neither of them has mentioned Pedro Pascal by name, even though (just going by the trailers) it looks like he's going to have the bigger part out of all the American characters.

Until I looked it up to confirm that it wasn't Justin Timberlake, I thought it was Justin Timberlake.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

I have no idea who that is, so I'm guessing they're going for name recognition for the marketing campaign.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Proteus Jones posted:

I have no idea who that is, so I'm guessing they're going for name recognition for the marketing campaign.

You don't recognize Matt Damon's co-star from The Great Wall?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

Oberyn Martell!

He's not as well known as some of the others in Kingsman, but playing one of the more popular characters on Game of Thrones isn't a nobody.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Oberyn Martell!

He's not as well known as some of the others in Kingsman, but playing one of the more popular characters on Game of Thrones isn't a nobody.

Haven't seen it yet. Also on that list: The Wire and Breaking Bad.

Those shows have been so hyped up it's killed my desire to see them for now. It's almost like they come with the expectation that I *have* to like it. I'll probably get to them someday, but it's not high up on the list.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He's also one of the leads in Narcos on Netflix.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Proteus Jones posted:

Haven't seen it yet. Also on that list: The Wire and Breaking Bad.

Those shows have been so hyped up it's killed my desire to see them for now. It's almost like they come with the expectation that I *have* to like it. I'll probably get to them someday, but it's not high up on the list.

Yeah I purposefully don't watch the good shows so I can fit in more American Dad too.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
Trailer tease for Darren Aronofsky's psychological horror flick mother!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Aronofsky doing horror? *rolls up sleeve, taps a vein*

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ammanas posted:

Yeah I purposefully don't watch the good shows so I can fit in more American Dad too.

Right because the only choices are TV or more TV.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

davidspackage posted:

Aronofsky doing horror? *rolls up sleeve, taps a vein*

gently caress. Yes!!!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FoneBone posted:

Trailer tease for Darren Aronofsky's psychological horror flick mother!

might actually be a good jennifer lawrence film, I've never thought she was particularly great in anything. This is giving me vibes of The Invitation crossed with weird von Trier poo poo.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
its TV, but trailer for the new David Fincher EP'd show on Netflix. Not sure of his actual involvement but it looks decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gZCfRD_zWE

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

bows1 posted:

its TV, but trailer for the new David Fincher EP'd show on Netflix. Not sure of his actual involvement but it looks decent.

Serial killers fascinate me. I always think, "if I could talk to one, would I gain some insight into what motivates them?"

This seems like a show about that very topic so I'm in.

Also, the big dude that shows up in the trailer over and over is based on a real serial killer who was actually interviewed multiple times. He used to pick up college girls and murder them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MltpB3BWCBQ

Hearing him talk so matter of factly about murdering people is :chloe:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Fincher must be involved with his trailers because they're masterful.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Newsflash: Americans are perpetually obsessed with serial killers and murderers, because we are a sane and reasonable society.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Ehud posted:

Serial killers fascinate me. I always think, "if I could talk to one, would I gain some insight into what motivates them?"

This seems like a show about that very topic so I'm in.

Also, the big dude that shows up in the trailer over and over is based on a real serial killer who was actually interviewed multiple times. He used to pick up college girls and murder them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MltpB3BWCBQ

Hearing him talk so matter of factly about murdering people is :chloe:

Hrmmm

Geoffrey S Tuttle7 months ago
Beware the wrath of a patient man.
1 sensitive kid + high IQ + emotional abuse + lack of love = moster. Poor guy was expected by his mom to answer for all the gender inequalities of society. I hope he gets a chance to enter society again and perhaps use that intellect to ultimately do more good than harm

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New 9/11 promo, featuring the actors talking about 9/11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bj3ZWKINq8

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The MSJ posted:

Going off that thumbnail alone, Charlie Sheen looks great. greeeaaaat.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bows1 posted:

I wonder if that's based on or draws from the book by John Douglas (one of the founding members of the BSU at the FBI)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Proteus Jones posted:

I wonder if that's based on or draws from the book by John Douglas (one of the founding members of the BSU at the FBI)

It is indeed.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Well tbf Charlie sheen IS...wait he's only 51 I was thinking 60 at least
Gotta revise my thesis on the age reversing properties of cocaine use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The MSJ posted:

gently caress this garbo poo poo and everyone who's in it. And everyone who watches it.

• Locked thread