Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
It's supposed to be seasonal content that returns every April 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I love you to Arus.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Erdricks posted:

It's supposed to be seasonal content that returns every April 1.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes

CLAM DOWN posted:

What do you mean? What change were you looking for them to make? What would make it more "worth it" to you?

sPvP style reward tracks? Less zerg? I honestly haven't touched it in over a year. It was fun but I just felt like something was missing.

+1 hype for new SAB stuff.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

There are reward tracks now, actually

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

desudrive posted:

sPvP style reward tracks? Less zerg? I honestly haven't touched it in over a year. It was fun but I just felt like something was missing.

+1 hype for new SAB stuff.

WvW has had reward tracks for a bit now. Still a lot of zergs yeah, but small groups are very viable and fun.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Is the goon guild dead? I applied a few days ago, nothing yet. Forum is nearly nothing but spammer threads.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uEAykTovt8

someone found a simpler rotation than the qT engineer's one for the same dps

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Valicious posted:

Is the goon guild dead? I applied a few days ago, nothing yet. Forum is nearly nothing but spammer threads.

Not dead, but no one but me checks the offsite anymore, and the RSS feed I have set up of the auth forum apparently doesn't work very well!

Invite sent!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm a bit behind on builds and poo poo. Are grenadier engineers still the only way to do good damage?

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 13, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Kessel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uEAykTovt8

someone found a simpler rotation than the qT engineer's one for the same dps

Note: apparently these numbers are going to change, because the DPS golem area still had the old 3% GotL stacks, up until a few days ago when they were fixed to the new 2% per stack, according to word of mouth. No, I don't know why this wasn't made public knowledge yet. No, I have no way of confirming if this actually happened other than my memory of some autoattack tests I did.

So if you're looking to replicate this and getting ~5% less DPS, that's (maybe) why.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 13, 2017

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lonk is fully erect in anticipation

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

So after visiting my girlfriend over the weekend and stealing her laptop and regular two-button mouse while she revised for uni tests, I ended up having my four year old niece watch me play GW2 for a bit (after I turned the chat filter back on). She was mostly interested in the pretty colours and the female human/norn/sylvari alts I'd made, but my favourite bit was when I showed her some of the Shatterer fight. She was super impressed by the Shatterer's entrance, then after five minutes of the fight asked me to go to a different character as she was bored now. I know she's not old enough to go to even small person school and tends to tantrum if asked to put her coat on, but if you're hiring Anet she's got a good head on her shoulders for game design.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I know they are supposed to be bringing SAB back on April 1, but is there any word on World 3 or, like, any new content for it?

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
It was heavily implied last year but I don't think they've made an official statement. We'll see it soon no doubt.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
The last time any Anet devs commented on further development of SAB they just said it wasn't being done and was not a priority for the forseeable future, so who the hell knows? I don't have high hopes for World 3 to come out this year though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Anet isn't going to make poo poo in regards to temporary content for as long as they can, odds are never, the garbage story and whatever the gently caress is locked behind the raid takes priority cause gently caress you that's why.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
god alteisen i will just never get tired of seeing you cry like a child about raids

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So what's a good order to unlock these masteries? So far I have gliding and jumping mushrooms, and pact leader 1 in the central tyria ones.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So what's a good order to unlock these masteries? So far I have gliding and jumping mushrooms, and pact leader 1 in the central tyria ones.

Gliding is the only HoT mastery track that not only gets better with every step, but is helpful throughout the game. Do that, then Pact up to autoloot.

You'll also need step 1 of Exalted and Nuhoch to complete the expansion storyline, and Nuhoch 2 (wallows) is seriously helpful for navigating all of the expansion maps.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I shudder to think how frustrating map completion of the HoT zones would be without bouncing mushrooms and wallows. And itzel poison mastery is necessary for some points iirc

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah the number one step in making TD easier to handle is Wallows

Next is the courage to accept the inevitable

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Illuyankas posted:

Yeah the number one step in making TD easier to handle is Wallows

Next is the courage to accept the inevitable alcohol

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Great, thanks. And yeah, getting around the HoT zones has been no picnic so far. There is so much stuff going on and so many random things filling my inventory I have no idea what's going on most of the time.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Git yer wallows and start yer swallows

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Great, thanks. And yeah, getting around the HoT zones has been no picnic so far. There is so much stuff going on and so many random things filling my inventory I have no idea what's going on most of the time.

In addition to the mastery points you see on the map, make sure to regularly check your achievements for mastery point cheevos (marked with Green or Red symbols for HoT and Central Tyria, respectively) that you can easily scoop up. Also I think all of the strongboxes are mastery points the first time you get them, if you check Dulfy you can find guides to where all of them are.

Actually just using a Dulfy guide is a good way to save yourself some frustration if you don't enjoy wandering around and not always being able to get where you want to go, it lists what all you need for every mastery point.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Magres posted:

god alteisen i will just never get tired of seeing you cry like a child about raids

And I'll never grow tired of seeing idiots like you not understand what sarcasm is.

Go back to jacking it to your DPS meters and perfect rotations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Yo shut up, it's possible to raid and not be a horrible person. Some raiders definitely are, some are goons too, but do you think I'm terrible now? Soma? Who goes out of his way to be awesome and accommodating helping out? All the other friendly and inclusive dentists raiding these days? I have fun with our super casual Thursday night raid, that doesn't make me Hitler.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Alteisen posted:

And I'll never grow tired of seeing idiots like you not understand what sarcasm is.

Go back to jacking it to your DPS meters and perfect rotations.

lol

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yo shut up, it's possible to raid and not be a horrible person. Some raiders definitely are, some are goons too, but do you think I'm terrible now? Soma? Who goes out of his way to be awesome and accommodating helping out? All the other friendly and inclusive dentists raiding these days? I have fun with our super casual Thursday night raid, that doesn't make me Hitler.

And you got all that from my silly post? You should know me by now Arus, I even expressed interest in that chill raid myself. It wasn't a personal attack on various people who enjoy raiding other than what I directed at Magres.

Stop overreacting over nothing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Why are you attacking anyone?? :psyduck: especially magres? You're hostile and unchill as gently caress.

E: vvv I think you're a good dude and would s your d, don't worry

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 14, 2017

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I mean I'm kind of a jackass and was definitely poking at them for a reaction - I'm not at all going to pretend I didn't provoke them

That said, I did it because I knew I'd get a reaction because of how much Alteisen talks about how much they hate raids so :shrug:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

i tried jacking it to the recommended dps (dicks per second) and with perfect rotation and accidentally rotated my dick off, send help

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
you have to use slick shoes for proper lubrication

be careful you don't mess up and use glue bomb instead

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

i tried jacking it to this thread

same

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I knew I was keeping all this butter around for a good reason.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i tried doing a dps and now i have full blown chrono aids

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
as a certified Raid Master, it's true raids suck and everyone should feel bad for supporting them.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

drat Dirty Ape posted:

To make it easier to get around, get as many of the mastery points and strongboxes as you can with the masteries you currently have. Go as far in the story as you can because most of the missions give you mastery points too. Do adventures when you can find them. Join the Dragon's Stand meta when it fires (check gw2timer.com for that). After doing all of those, you should be rolling in mastery points for the foreseeable future. You can also get a bunch from the new living story episodes and zones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Vidmaster posted:

To make it easier to get around, get as many of the mastery points and strongboxes as you can with the masteries you currently have. Go as far in the story as you can because most of the missions give you mastery points too. Do adventures when you can find them. Join the Dragon's Stand meta when it fires (check gw2timer.com for that). After doing all of those, you should be rolling in mastery points for the foreseeable future. You can also get a bunch from the new living story episodes and zones.

Also don't forget to grab the 10% exp bonus from the guild hall and use boosters to help fill up the experience bar quicker, I found exp to be the main blocker for masteries as opposed to mastery points when I did them. Fractals are a great source of exp for the central tyria masteries.

• Locked thread