Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Stymie posted:

quick reminder: he says "badass" not "piss" and he very clearly enunciates "holy", so don't be a racist rear end in a top hat and state otherwise

oh poo poo guys it's the meme police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

oh poo poo guys it's the meme police

chome! chome! its the sound of da meme police

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/doom_txt/status/810196888867610624

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Syncopated posted:

i guess it rains down in africaaaa

seriously? shameful :(

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

he says "holy poo poo, pissssssss!"

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thought of the singularity and died

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Olewithmilk posted:

he says "holy poo poo, pissssssss!"

lol no he doesn't you racist dipshit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

yes he does

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
he actually says

"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is 火車? This is 火車 speaking. I am the man who loves his drive home. I am the man who does not sacrifice his cover songs or his videos of car fires. I am the man who has deprived you of badass and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing -you who dread knowledge- I am the man who is so hot in here right now.”

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

jre posted:

chome! chome! its the sound of da meme police

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

he actually says

"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is 火車? This is 火車 speaking. I am the man who loves his drive home. I am the man who does not sacrifice his cover songs or his videos of car fires. I am the man who has deprived you of badass and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing -you who dread knowledge- I am the man who is so hot in here right now.”

this is crazy!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Olewithmilk posted:

he says "holy poo poo, badassss!"

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
it sounds like holy poo poo piss to me but i dont watch anime cartoons all the time so i might not have the best ear for the accent like some of you

i literally cant pull "badass" out of it my ears just hear piss

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
where the gently caress does racism come into it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

where the gently caress does racism come into it

i'll explain as you may not have encountered this: a common stereotype of asians is that they cannot pronounce the letter L and often transpose it with the letter R and is often used in racist caricatures of their speech

hth

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
ok again ill ask what echi did how does raciscm factor into THIS PARTICULAR THING that has nothign to do with Ls and Rs

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
yeah he definitely pronounces the L in "badass" really weird

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Stymie posted:

i'll explain as you may not have encountered this: a common stereotype of asians is that they cannot pronounce the letter L and often transpose it with the letter R and is often used in racist caricatures of their speech

hth

Their language literally doesn't distinguish between the two sounds. That's like saying it's racist to mention that hangul has 27 letters or that americans have a hard time rolling their Rs.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Salt Fish posted:

Their language literally doesn't distinguish between the two sounds. That's like saying it's racist to mention that hangul has 27 letters or that americans have a hard time rolling their Rs.

Wow look at this racist

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
behead those who quote stymie

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It's true tho I'm racist against british people mostly.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

It was me, I'm sorry. Smythe or Graph please give me a 6hr with 'Holy poo poo, Piss' (or 'Badass' to your preference) as punishment.
Namaste.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Salt Fish posted:

but he very clearly says "holy", without any difficulty or lack of clarity, yet racist folks insist he says "hory". this is similar to racists who claim will smith says "welcome ta earf" in independence day when he very clearly says "welcome to earth"

they then insist that he says "piss" when he clearly says "badass"

to clarify on that point: it's common among racists to believe that non-native english speakers cannot grasp english idiom and make nonsensical substitutions, hence why he would exclaim "piss" instead of "badass"

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
im racist against white people because we're generally really lovely to everyone else and use archaic bullshit like religion and status quo to defend their actions of hate against anyone slightly different in skin color to religion to sexual identity and its super out of control

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Stymie posted:

english speakers cannot grasp english idiom and make nonsensical substitutions, hence why he would exclaim "piss" instead of "badass"

no its becuase it literally sounds like he says holy poo poo pissss and everyone's memed it to death that it's holy poo poo pisssss and solidified forever it that it's holy poo poo pisssss

its not because of deep rooted linguistic hatred of the japanese people or some bullshit that you keep harping on about

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Sniep posted:

im racist against white people because we're generally really lovely to everyone else and use archaic bullshit like religion and status quo to defend their actions of hate against anyone slightly different in skin color to religion to sexual identity and its super out of control

I assume you mean white Americans and aren't lumping every person together due to their skin colour which would be pretty racist

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sniep posted:

no its becuase it literally sounds like he says holy poo poo pissss and everyone's memed it to death that it's holy poo poo pisssss and solidified forever it that it's holy poo poo pisssss

its not because of deep rooted linguistic hatred of the japanese people or some bullshit that you keep harping on about

well, for one thing he's not japanese, he's from china

for another thing perhaps we should push back against the racist meme and not just stick with it because it's already set in stone somehow

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stymie posted:

but he very clearly says "holy", without any difficulty or lack of clarity, yet racist folks insist he says "hory". this is similar to racists who claim will smith says "welcome ta earf" in independence day when he very clearly says "welcome to earth"

they then insist that he says "piss" when he clearly says "badass"

to clarify on that point: it's common among racists to believe that non-native english speakers cannot grasp english idiom and make nonsensical substitutions, hence why he would exclaim "piss" instead of "badass"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

white person head wobble

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

SmokaDustbowl posted:

white person head wobble

i had to explain the indian wobble to some white coworkers last week

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Sapozhnik posted:

behead those who quote stymie

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

of course you did. why would any american, white or otherwise know anything about the head wobble, which is pretty unique to india, a country on the other side of the planet?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Roosevelt posted:

of course you did. why would any american, white or otherwise, know anything about the head wobble, which is pretty unique to india, a country on the other side of the planet?

:allears:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Roosevelt posted:

of course you did. why would any american, white or otherwise know anything about the head wobble, which is pretty unique to india, a country on the other side of the planet?

lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

also the guy clearly says "piss", he even explains as much in his followup video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

do you hvae a source for this because it's pretty great

• Locked thread