Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011
Pick 'em: History Repeats Itself

Intercontinental, Larkin-Downing and Heavyweight Championships
New World Symphony (c) @ Louisville Muggers

United States Championship
Coburns (c) @ Burma Imperialists

Hardcore and Television Championships
Glastonbury Knights @ Fhloston Pharmas (c) (4-Game Series)

Canadian Championship
CERN Colliders @ Florida Oranges (c)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

Smasher Dynamo posted:

So, are you going to wait until you officially build your new team to drop the hammer, or can we just get this part over with?

It's up to you. Don't think I'll get a better player than Williams, but I want to see what's happening with UDQ before I make the move.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

CFBalla posted:

It's up to you. Don't think I'll get a better player than Williams, but I want to see what's happening with UDQ before I make the move.

Oh my god I completely forgot. Jesus, now that injury is even worse.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Pick them: all champs retain!

Also, sub in Pedroia for Collins for the week.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

:siren: A trade! :siren: Don't kill me, Smasher.

The OKC Bombers send:

'02 John Smoltz
'99 Arthur Rhodes
Their first round Super-Draft pick

to the Rochester Generics for:

'89 Mark McGwire
'73 Jim Kaat

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Generics accept, and await the loving embrace of Smasher's fury to wash over Rochester.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
This season has promise. I look forward to seeing the two leagues in action!

New World Symphony (c)

Coburns (c)

Fhloston Pharmas (c)

Canadian Championship
CERN Colliders

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Eh, I haven't done the last couple pick-ems, but why not?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Pick 'Em

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I'm not going to post a separate pick'em, because the thread is already 50% pick'em posts, and therefore having two pick'ems would take it up to 100%.
Also, it would mean I could not win, and that's really most important.

Canadian Championship

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Canadian Championship

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
Pick 'Em before I forget

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Canadian Championship

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

mentholmoose posted:

:siren: A trade! :siren: Don't kill me, Smasher.

The OKC Bombers send:

'02 John Smoltz
'99 Arthur Rhodes
Their first round Super-Draft pick

to the Rochester Generics for:

'89 Mark McGwire
'73 Jim Kaat

I would think either heilmann or waner are available now, no? Any thoughts? I said I would not trade until the draft, so you've got some time!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

FairGame posted:

I would think either heilmann or waner are available now, no? Any thoughts? I said I would not trade until the draft, so you've got some time!

That's the plan, though I'm not sure how a trade would work, short of somebody needing a lot of bats and me packaging Torre, Waner, and Heilmann for a top draft pick. If I can't do that, I'd prefer to trade Waner, I think.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

mentholmoose posted:

That's the plan, though I'm not sure how a trade would work, short of somebody needing a lot of bats and me packaging Torre, Waner, and Heilmann for a top draft pick. If I can't do that, I'd prefer to trade Waner, I think.

Torre, Heilmann, and Waner for a top draft pick is something I'd consider making. Not sure if I'd have a top pick yet, though. Also I'd need to know what the Super Draft pool is like.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Canadian Championship

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XIII, Week 1: The Lonesome Death of Theodore Williams

Okay, I am totally willing to admit that these recaps are not good. In fact, they are bad. After a long layoff, it takes a bit time to get my writing skills back, and given that I have a smaller pool of games to draw from this season, and I couldn't find many games that featured dramatic comebacks or extra-inning play, I had to pick games that weren't particularly exciting in terms of in-game action, and, well, you'll see how that went.

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

TORNADOS WIN GAME, LOSE WILLIAMS FOR SIX MONTHS

Cancun- It was an exhilirating, heartbreaking start to the Cancun Tornados' Super-League XIII season.

Facing the Imperialists, their eternal rivals in the Memento Mori Division, the Tornados, with the sort of balanced approach that has netted them three division titles in the past five years, outplayed their old foes, taking home a 5-3 win on the backs a good start from Sandy Koufax and timely hitting from their offense.

But the good times would not last long.

After the game, an oddly serene Viscount Slim arrived at his post-game press conference with a crystal cask filled with an dark iridescent fluid. "I have considered the matter carefully, and I cannot help but think that we have gone as far was can go with this status quo. No, the tiger and the dragon will not scrap for another season. No, I will destroy the Cancun Tornados this very season, and nothing will be left of my former foes but a pile of ashes and the wails and moans of UltimoDragonQuest. It will be glorious. Now, you may be wondering how exactly I intend to achieve this masterwork and I-"

Just then, King Kelly and his longtime sidekick Riggs Stephenson burst into the room, "Not so fast, your grace, I know what's going on here. That cask is clearly full of a deadly poison, and you have every intention of drugging Ted Williams, the linchpin of our offense, with it! It's a plan so obvious that I was able to decipher it entirely without you saying a single word. But one thing bothers me."

"What is it, King?" Asked Riggs, genuinely curious.

King furrowed his brow, "Chekov's rule of dramatic economy, Riggs! There's no way that Viscount Slim would happen to have a mysterious cask of fluid if it weren't critical to his plot to destroy Ted Williams, so that is clearly what that mysterious cask of liquid must be. But why would he show us, and the assembled media, the existence of such a poison, thereby tipping us off to his entire plan before it went into action?"

"That doesn't sound quite right, King." Riggs said, flatly. "Did he say he was going to poison Ted Williams? I don't remember that part. King, is this one of those thing where you're bored so you go off on one of these weird tangents? I mean, I feel like you're making a few logical leaps here."

"I didn't say I was going to poison Ted Williams." Viscount said, attempting to defend himself, "This liquid is actually a liqueur native to this region of Mexico, brewed from a variety of psychoactive cacti, and while I myself never did enjoy the taste of the stuff, a true gentleman is able to keep his bar stocked with even the rarest and most exotic of spirits." Looking at the black drink, Viscount shrugged, "I suppose it could be a poison if one consumed enough of it in one sitting, it is rather potent."

King Kelly shook his head. "I will never believe your lies, Viscount! It's a classic double-bluff! You're trying to keep us from doing the one thing that will stop your plan from succeeding! Clearly, you intend to poison Ted Williams, and since you know that we would know that that was your plan, you would not hint at your plan, in this case, by presenting the cask of poison, until after you had already accomplished the poisoning part of your plan."

Viscount Slim, bewildered by Kelly's dizzying logic, grasped to make sense of that statement, "I'm not trying to poison anybody! I have no earthly idea what you're talking about, you cretin!"

"Oh, but don't you?" King responded, his confidence growing by the second, "Clearly, you have already poisoned Ted Williams, and the only thing that can save us now is to find the antidote to the poison, and where else would the antidote except by hiding in plain sight!" King dashed to the podium, grabbed the black fluid and ran from the room. Several moments later, a series of screams could be heard coming from the Tornados' locker room. King, pale as a ghost, then sheepishly walked back into the press room, explaining that, "Okay, I was wrong. It appears now that, in fact, that black liquid really was just some sort of super-powerful alcohol, or drug or whatever, and now Ted Williams is in a coma. So, sorry about that."

Minutes later, UltimoDragonQuest entered the room to discuss the Ted Williams situation, "I am going to loving murder King Kelly. As soon as I can find a loving catcher to replace him, I am going to take him out into the country, and put a loving bullet between his loving eyes."

A man in a straw hat then stood up to ask a question, "Hello, my name is Charles Foster Balla, the erstwhile, and future, owner of the Mitchell Kernels, and I'd just like to confirm that Ted Williams will be out of action for over a month, correct?"

UltimoDragonQuest's eyes narrowed, "Oh, you're going to cash in your loving piracy note, you loving bastard? You want to steal Ted Williams from my team? You play that note, and you're a loving dead man, CFBalla, I will loving end you, and I Will end your loving team, and I will burn South Dakota to the loving ground. After I'm loving done, there's not even going to be a North Dakota, because with the former South Dakota being nothing but a loving pile of rubble, there's not going to even be the need for any loving geographic descriptor! YOU HEAR ME, CFBALLA, YOU'RE loving DEAD!"

GAME NOTES

-King Kelly also went hitless on the day, and made an error, just to add insult to injury.

-This was the first recap I've written for the new season, explaining why it's a bit rough around the edges.

Box Score

Don May posted:

NOTHING EVER CHANGES, MUGGERS WIN 1-0 OVER BANGERS ON FINGERS FAILURE

Fukuoka- In the end, people never really change.

The Bangers, for reasons never quite explained, could not get a hit today. Actually, that's not entirely accurate, they did manage to get exactly one, a Pop Lloyd single in the seventh inning that, predictably enough, led to no runs.

Fortunately for the defending champions, though, their pitching was up to the task of supporting their slumping offense, matching the Muggers scoreless frame for scoreless frame until, in the top of the 12th, with the score still tied 0-0, Rollie Fingers came in for a third inning of work. Perhaps Marauder was unfair in asking Fingers, never known as being the steadiest hand in the bullpen, to work that many inning this early in the season. At any rate, after eleven innings without a single run being scored, Fingers gave up a triple to Paul Waner to start the inning, and then a single to Luke Appling to allow the Muggers to take a 1-0 lead.

With the Bangers continuing their streak of offensive futility in the bottom of the inning, that lone run proved to be the difference-maker, and the Muggers took a hard-fought and improbable game from the Bangers in Fukuoka.

After the game, Marauder was not entirely thrilled with the outcome, "To lose is irritating, to lose to the Muggers is galling. I am not sure what went wrong with my lineup which, after all, is almost identical to the one that just won the Super-League Championship, but even if this game is just an aberration, I am not pleased with the outcome. Some will put the blame on Roland for blowing yet another game, as if, by this point in time, any of us are surprised that, when put into a high-leverage situation, he crumbles. I know this, I accept this, it is who Roland Fingers is and who he must always be. I could no more blame Roland for this loss than I can blame a gnat for the buzzing it makes in my ear. No, the fault was my hitters, who should never have allowed Roland to be put in that situation to begin with. Still, one game, no matter how traumatic, is just one game and-"

"Sempai!" Marauder was interrupted by Monicro who was, as ever, jazzed to be in Japan.

"Please don't call me that, Monicro." Marauder said, his disgust evident. "Is that even the correct usage?"

"Don't know!" Monicro said, excitedly, "Isn't it cool, my team beat your team, and we got to do it in glorious Nippon! Home of Samurai! And Ninja! And Mecha!"

"Mecha aren't real, your pathetic manchild."

"What about The MACHINE? He's a robot! So, they could theoretically build a bigger version of him, and then, bam! Mecha! Anyway, I really came here to thank you for the great game. When Fingers-San came into the game to start the 12th, I thought that we might be finished, but then Waner-Kun and Appling-Chan managed to get that run and it was awesome, and everything is awesome, and I'm just so happy to be back in Japan, the creative capital of the world!"

GAME NOTES

-Pop Lloyd started at first base after Frank Thomas sat out the game for reasons that Marauder refused to explain, only noting that, "I'm sure we'll find the rest of his liver by next week."

-Eddie Plank pitched nine innings allowing only one baserunner against one of the best offenses in the Super-League. loving Muggers.

Box Score

Don May posted:

W'S OVERPOWER CROWS 10-3, HULKAMATT THREATENS MASS BANS

Bolton- The W's? They will always be the W's.

With a 10-3 pummelling of the Kobe Crows, the South Bolton W's showed the power of experience today, as their veteran lineup, tuned over thirteen seasons in the Super-League, easily turned aside the rookie Kobe Crows.

Even more humiliating, the pitcher of record for the W's, who held the Crows to just two earned runs over six and a third innings, picking up the win in the process, was none other than Jack McDowell, a man who, last season, had been perhaps the worst starter to remain in his team's rotation all season. In short, this game was a disaster for the Crows in virtually every conceivable way.

McDowell was philosophical after the game, "You know, sometimes I wonder about this league. What are we doing here, where are we going? Sometimes, I feel like we're all just spinning our wheels down here, going around in circles. The W's were founded in May of 2011, three whole years ago. Enough time to get through most of college, enough time for rise and fall of BitCoin, enough time for Christian to go from World Heavyweight Champion to concussion aficionado, enough time for us to suffer through ten thousand movies based on Marvel Superheroes, each one more overrated than the last. And what have we accomplished in all that time? I just don't know. What has been the point of any of it? Maybe there never was a point, maybe there never was a point to anything." McDowell stared off into the distance, "I don't know about any of that, I really don't. In fact, in all of my life, there's only thing that I've ever been sure about, and that's that when I flipped off the entire crowd at Yankee Stadium in 1995? That was the greatest moment in my life. gently caress the Yankees, gently caress New York, and gently caress HulkaMatt. Gas this, motherfucker!" McDowell said as he flipped off the media, showing his distaste for the Crows' owner.

In response, HulkaMatt vowed revenge, "Do you know who I am? I am the Living Mod-Emperor of PSP, the man who decides when people making dumb jokes about Seth Rollins clones has gotten repetitive. And it never gets repetitive! I am the guy who has survived four loving years of nerds bitching about Daniel Bryan, and now you are going to gently caress with me? I'm the motherfucker that made it a rule that you couldn't talk about motherfucking hot dogs in PSP just because I could, and you're going to gently caress with me? ForeverBWFC, you may have the oldest team in the entire Super-League, but that doesn't mean anything when I could have you banned in a second, and then what happens to your little W's? Or maybe I could just have you probated for ten million hours. You probably think that outside of PSP, I'm just another poster, and I can't get you as long as you stay out of my domain? You probably think that in the Super-League, we're equals. You don't know poo poo, ForeverBWFc. I hold all the cards, I have all the power, and if I even think that you're going to get in my way, well, it's the Leper's Colony for you. Now, I let you win today's game, because I know that it makes the people feel good when they pretend they can compete, but when we get down to brass tacks, I highly recommend that you learn the real order of things, or else things might get a bit tragic."

GAME NOTES

-Eri Yoshida shared her notes on what she did on her Super-League vacation, "I went to Yosemite Park! I saw Half-Dome!" Yoshida also pitched 2.2 scoreless innings in today's game, baffling the Crows hitters, despite the fact that the majority of the team had either been a teammate of, or had very frequently faced Tim Wakefield, the most prominent knuckleballer of his era and Yoshida's inspiration for learning the pitch, which is known in French as "le balle papillon."

-ForeverBWFC, on the other hand, was more concerned with a seeming irregularity in his lineup, as the RNG God should have been starting in center field against the right-handed Mike Mussina. Smasher Dynamo, in his capacity as league commissioner, explained that, "Okay, yeah, I can explain this. Now, you're probably all thinking that I just made some sort of mistake out of carelessness but, in fact, the Crows' pitcher was really an evil Mussina from an alternate universe where he was a left-hander. No, wait, that's completely stupid. Okay, in that case, my defense is going to be that at least I didn't gently caress it up as badly as I did with the Llamas' roster."

Box Score

Don May posted:

POSTMODERNISTS GET SHUT OUT IN DINGER TEMPLE, FLYINGLLAMA LAMBASTS BECKETT

Far Too High- There are bad omens, and then there's this, which is essentially the Fimbulwinter, the breaking of the Seventh Seal, and the Saoshyant resurrecting the dead all in one.

Because today, in a development that could not have portended well for the future of the Super-League, or mankind as a whole, the Philadelphia Postmodernists were shut out in the Dinger Temple, the arena made only for offense, defying all logic and reason in the process.

TheFlyingLlama, horrified at the result, despite winning the game, pleaded with the heavens, "I knew from the day we met that the Postmodernists were the "Dingerless Ones", who would rise out of the darkness to oppose our dreams of Dinger Utopia, when all other forms of offense have been abandoned in favor of the loving embrace of the circuit clout, and now their evil is exposed to the world because no good team would enter the Dinger Temple and fail to score a single run! Carl Mays was not put into the game to shut the other team out, he was brought into the game so that the other team could experience the pure ectstasy of the home run! The Zombie Llamas have never been about winning games, we have been about creating a place where all others can learn what we already know: That dingers are the be-all and the end-all, and that all other aspects of baseball are just illusions that the weak human mind has erected in our consciousness to obscure this primal truth!"

"But the Premodernists cannot learn this lesson. They will never understand that the home run is the highest and truest form of baseball. Look at what they did today! Did they hit a home run? No! They hit four singles and a double! That is not how the Dinger Temple works! And what did they do when they got on base? They tried to steal bases, they tried to win this game, in this, the consecrated land of Dingers, with speed. They have shown their true colors! They are the enemies of the dinger, and therefore the enemies of all mankind! I will destroy this abomination of a team before their shameful gospel of contact hitting and smallball can infect the rest of the league. Dingers will prevail!"

NotThatSamBeckett, owner of the Premodernists and member of the infamous Marauder Syndicate disagreed, "Well, I mean, it's not like we really meant to be some sort of anti-Christ of slugging, it's just that none of our players are really all that good at hitting for power, so it doesn't really matter if the air is all that thin, because all of my players just hit in on the ground anyway, and it's not like the ball is going to boune off the dirt and go into the stands and, even if it did, it would just be a ground-rule double, and not a home run anyway, and, that said, I'm also a bit unhappy that Llama is calling us the evil version of him or whatever, because that's always lame, and it never leads to a good story, like, in Quantum Leap, the show didn't get better when Sam had to face the Evil Leaper, it got a lot worse because the idea of him having to face off with a woman who had been shot through time in order to make the past worse was just kind of stupid, and it kind of shined a light on how dumb the whole premise of Quantum Leap was, and I think that if the Premodernists become the evil version of the Llamas, then, I don't know, it goes to this weird and unproductive Manichean struggle, and even if that's okay in the abstract, when you factor in the fact that our teams are probably going to finished 3rd and 4th in the division, well, it does kind of make things seem a bit less epic, and I'm just not feeling right now, because it's not like either of our teams are probably going to reach the playoffs anyway, so bringing in that sort of weird apocalyptic fervor for such a small-scale feud just doesn't seem like a particularly good idea, so I'm going to have to decline to take on the role of the Zombie Llamas' archrival at this time."

GAME NOTES

-Billy Hamilton discussed being thrown out twice, "It's really, really, really hard to run fast when you're three miles above sea level. There's just not enough air up here. I'm just lucky I didn't end up with mountain sickness.

-The mistakes in the Llamas' lineup, evident in the fact that Hanley Ramirez started all six games this week at right field while Juan Gonzalez was the Llamas' shortstop, have been linked to the extreme conditions of the Dinger Temple being so powerful that they bend the very laws of time and space, leading to these unusual glitches in the lineup, which, according to top scientists, are actually the lineups of the Llamas in parallel universes bleeding through into our own. Therefore, no further investigation into these strange occurrences is needed, nor should any questions regarding the competence of Super-League management be raised at this time.

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

So, Bill Terry has more home runs than the rest of your team combined. That's a thinker, right there.

Analysis

Given that the Tornados are now hobbled, probably permanently, this 1-5 week still has to be a net positive for the Imperialists.

Analysis

Urban Shocker may not be the ideal #5 starter.

Analysis

It's just one week.

Analysis

Kind of a slow start for your offense, but you are already in first place, so I suppose it's not that slow, really.

Analysis

So, remember when I joked about Mickey Tettleton striking out a billion times? Well, he already has nine strikeouts in the first week of the season.

But, again, it's just one week.

Analysis

Roberts gave up three home runs in his first start, the Messersmiths sucked, and so, in summary, I am right about everything.

Analysis

Sam McDowell can't even get wins when he's pitching well.

Analysis

Sometimes I feel like these team is simply morally opposed to starting off a season strongly.

Analysis

Clemens had a two-hitter to start the season. Good for him.

Analysis

I refuse to believe this is possible.

Analysis

The myth of old Nolan Ryan did not last long, I see.

Analysis

It's only one week, which is good, because if this team does not rake, it does not live long.

Analysis

A pythagorean record of 1-5. Outstanding.

Analysis

A solid start despite Pedro not doing great in the first week.

Analysis

This bullpen has issues, but they may just be small sample size issues.

Analysis

The Dinger Temple is not your friend.

Analysis

If you don't do something with your bullpen, this team will die.

Analysis

Earl Moore sucks.

Analysis

Not a great start, but the Pirates are a good team.

Analysis

Six games, six complete games.

Analysis

The important thing is that I fixed the CF platoon now.

Analysis

Well, almost time for another series with the W's. Come back with your shield, or on it.

Analysis

I actually noticed the Llamas' lineup problem, fixed it, and then it somehow reverted back to its faulty state before I simmed the games. I have no idea how that happened. In fairness, you probably weren't beating the Pirates in Mogadishu anyway.

Standings

All Champs Retain!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Moguls weird sometimes. Several teams had their #1-5 starters not goi in the correct order, including my own.

Is that a function of spring training games, or the sim just arbitrarily changing up starter order?

Just curious. Quite sure I'd have lost all the games I lost either way.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Bombers own, baby!

New lineup with McGwire in the mix (send down Giambi for him):

LF - Henderson
2B - Pedroia
CF - Mantle
DH - Ramirez
1B - McGwire
C - Berra
RF - Heilmann
3B - Santo
SS - Vaughan

Also, move everyone in the bullpen up and put Kaat in LR.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Okay, just to make sure that the juan gone experiment at SS never happens again, send him down and call up Brett Gardner.

The No-DH lineup still looks hosed so please make sure that its

LF Bonds
2B Hornsby
RF Ruth
1B Cabrera
3B Ott
CF Platoon
SS Han-Ram
C Hartnett

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Move Schilling to LRP, 99 Moose to MRP, Pettitte to SRP. Thanks. That's all, I'm not discouraged. Let them win, yeah.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I have no changes to make.

I figure that would just go without saying, but hey, if Smasher's going down the posts I like to relieve his blood pressure a little.

And hey, we won three of four for that championship series. That's not bad.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Power lefty better than 9 K/9 in two starts, I'll take it. Bullpen will equalize and those losses will turn around. No changes.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I guess I'll toss Jose Rijo in for Moore, and I'll pull Bottalico for Smoltz in SR. We'll wait before panicking over Ducky and Larkin.

Edit:

FairGame posted:

Moguls weird sometimes. Several teams had their #1-5 starters not goi in the correct order, including my own.

Is that a function of spring training games, or the sim just arbitrarily changing up starter order?

That's almost assuredly spring training stuff. You can and will get injuries before the season proper due to spring training games if you allow it (I assume Smasher disables injuries until opening day.)

kw0134 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 4, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Analysis

If you don't do something with your bullpen, this team will die.

Do you promise?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Senerio posted:

Do you promise?

If you want to quit, then quit. But if you do quit, I'm not going to let you decide where your players go.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm not going to quit. Until the team is relegated, I'm going to try my best with what I have.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

FairGame posted:

Yeah it seems to do that every season for whatever reason. It does it with the bullpen too, my short relievers usually (including this season) rack up a couple saves before my closer even pitches at all.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Sorry for being so short-tempered and cranky lately. Running the Super-League can be a bit tiring at times.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
But being short-tempered and cranky is why we love you!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Monicro posted:

But being short-tempered and cranky is why we love you!

Just so we're clear, the Super-League will not end until I see the Muggers dead.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Just so we're clear, the Super-League will not end until I see the Muggers dead.

We love you too, Smasher.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Week 2 Injury Report

Fhloston Pharmas
Jimmy Rollins (SS) (DEATHBLOW!) - 34 days

Fukuoka Finger-Bangers
Nolan Ryan (SP) (Into every life, a little rain must fall) - 11 days

Oklahoma City Bombers
Walter Johnson (SP) (The Bombers cannot help but be the Bombers) - 27 days

Philadelphia Premodernists
"Wee" Willie Keeler (OF) (Wee Knee Injury) - 11 days

Republic City Fire Ferrets
Harry Heilmann (1B) (REDACTED) - 11 days

South Bolton Eazy W's
Kirk Gibson (OF) (Bench Madness) - 8 days

Pick 'em: Desperation

Intercontinental, Heavyweight and Larkin-Downing Championships
Oklahoma City Bombers @ New World Symphony (c)

Australian Thunder @ Fhloston Pharmas (c)

Coburns (c) @ Somali Pirates

Canadian Championship
Rockford Losers @ Florida Oranges (c) (DOOMSDAY EXPLODES!)

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Canadian Championship

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
All champs retain

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Canadian Championship

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

Please replace Mssr. Keeler with Sam "Schnurrbart" Thompson.

I stand by my previous rambling comments regarding the Llamas and their deranged Empedoclean owner.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Pick'em: Losers take, all other champs retain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Losers and Pirates win, all others retain.