Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People in grass are sleeping forever right???

The gently caress pokemon???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

Is this the first game to show [between islands 3 and 4 spoilers] pokemon corpses?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Sun/Moon seems to be a lot more morbid than other regions. The Slowpoke entry mentions people cooking Slowpoke tails which is what we stopped Team Rocket from doing in Johto but here it's just a thing?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

RealFoxy posted:

Sun/Moon seems to be a lot more morbid than other regions. The Slowpoke entry mentions people cooking Slowpoke tails which is what we stopped Team Rocket from doing in Johto but here it's just a thing?

Alolan Slowpokes shed their tails

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
The bed in the Big Bad's place :allears: this bed mechanic owns

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Turtlicious posted:

The same graveyard has someone asking you to bury her in the same grave as her rockruff

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Blooming Brilliant posted:

It was less noticeable given that outside of cutscenes your ingame model wasn't that great.

With full 3d your player character is just :stare:

I'll have you know that this is the vacant smile of a true Champion in the making! :colbert:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
Final fight against evil team boss is WAY more hype than the fights against Lysandre.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FishBulb posted:

Wow I just ran into my first ever shiny!

It's a spearow

The Lord of Hats posted:

I, too, just ran into my first shiny.

It's a Surskit :geno:

My first shiny was a Stunfisk. Both of you shut up.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I know this is way way spergy considering I just got to the second island and nobody's even had a full team yet, buuut...

it still bothers me a lot to know that I don't have the "optimum" mons and keep getting ones with bad natures for their stats but hopefully breeding will be a thing soon. oh well, Jolly isn't half bad for Incineroar

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

cheetah7071 posted:

The same graveyard has someone asking you to bury her in the same grave as her rockruff

I felt real bad when I fought a dude in the first graveyard and after the battle the dude was like "No Makuhita! Don't you go to sleep too!" :(

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I know this is way way spergy considering I just got to the second island and nobody's even had a full team yet, buuut...

it still bothers me a lot to know that I don't have the "optimum" mons and keep getting ones with bad natures for their stats but hopefully breeding will be a thing soon. oh well, Jolly isn't half bad for Incineroar

Breeding is on the 2nd island. You get Dittos on the 3rd one.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Geostomp posted:

I'll have you know that this is the vacant smile of a true Champion in the making! :colbert:

they have the forced smile of someone just putting up with all this bullshit

yeah yeah masalada sure whatever ok just shut up and let me get back to clothes shopping battling

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"Punk Girl sounds scary, right? Please be friendly and call me Punky"

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it bothers me that my golisopod has an awful nature+ivs because this beautiful boy is so god dang sweet and i want him to unleash his full power

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I love my Jolly "likes to thrash about" Growlithe and Modest Gastly. Getting really good luck with random mons so far

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"These jewels are amazing. They've got powers! Now I'll finally be able to get a boyfriend!"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Protagonist's mom is unreasonably hot. She better get with Kukui.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This game is absolutely savaging Olivia for being single

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Well I certainly wasn't expecting to run into a shiny Wingull! :supaburn:

Wouldn't have cared that much, if it wasn't for Pelipper getting Drizzle. :getin:

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Can anyone who has access to Mount Lanakila help me evolve my Crabrawler? I have a rare candy that I will attach to it and then all you have to do is use it in Mount Lanakila where it snows to level it up.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
When can I get golisopod and other handsome pokemons like jango and such

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

This game is absolutely savaging Olivia for being single

she should marry me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
why does beldum only have a capture rate of 3. why.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Calaveron posted:

When can I get golisopod and other handsome pokemons like jango and such

Wimpod can be caught on Route 8 (it doesn't spawn in the grass, it spawns in the rocks south of the pokecenter as an actual in-game model and retreats into a hole when you get too close, you have to catch it) and it evolves to Golisopod at level 30.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Pakled posted:

Wimpod can be caught on Route 8 (it doesn't spawn in the grass, it spawns in the rocks south of the pokecenter as an actual in-game model and retreats into a hole when you get too close, you have to catch it) and it evolves to Golisopod at level 30.

Is he the magikarp with only splash or does he learn other things

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Protagonist's mom is unreasonably hot. She better get with Kukui.

kukui is married and his wife is a babe and phd

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
I got to the ghost trial place, is mimikyu SOS only or just really rare?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Calaveron posted:

It learns a couple useful moves, like struggle bug, and you can teach it scald with TM, but its stats are abysmal and don't hold up to most trainers' pokemon.

Unless you keep exp share on.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Specto posted:

why does beldum only have a capture rate of 3. why.
Because gamefreak is allergic to adjusting things that made sense in debut games and don't make sense later.

See also: Basically every Gen 5 mon's evo levels.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Are there any special NPCs that buy Nuggets and Mushrooms like in BW? Or am I safe to sell everything?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Why the gently caress are extremely rare entries in the encounter table even a thing
just give me my stufful

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Vikavolt is the pokemon I'm most excited to get but charjabug needs some weird requirement to evolve right?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Calaveron posted:

leech life keeps it almost usable but most things are evolved and scary by the time it evolves

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Haifisch posted:

Because gamefreak is allergic to adjusting things that made sense in debut games and don't make sense later.

See also: Basically every Gen 5 mon's evo levels.

It's a long-running theme that Beldum is just really hard and annoying to capture anywhere it shows up. Like all the places it's been catchable where there's perpetual sandstorm. Is it true it calls for help this gen and you can't catch it while its friend is there? Game Freak keeping up its traditions.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I have a sudowoodo before leaving the first island.

Game is good

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Calaveron posted:

Vikavolt is the pokemon I'm most excited to get but charjabug needs some weird requirement to evolve right?

I've heard it needs to level up in some canyon that is on either the last or second-to-last island which is apparently associated with electricity. So that's where we'll need to go for it, Magnezone, and Probopass.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LEGO Genetics posted:

So the Pokémon anime became a harem series now

Is the shirtless tan guy and the fat kid with the gameboy shirt part of the harem? Is it canon that Ash is bisexual now?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Hammerite posted:

It's a long-running theme that Beldum is just really hard and annoying to capture anywhere it shows up. Like all the places it's been catchable where there's perpetual sandstorm. Is it true it calls for help this gen and you can't catch it while its friend is there? Game Freak keeping up its traditions.

Is Beldum useful? Or just hard to catch? After trying forever and killing one, I finally got one to knock himself down to very little hp, and had him paralyzed then after a few throws I caught him.

But I know practically nothing about Pokemon after gen2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Charjabug can evolve in the area right after the final Kahuna fight, which is basically the Victory Road equivalent.

Beldum and Metang are very meh, but Metagross is a really powerful Pokemon.