Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Big issue with Masai? His moves are REACTIVE rather than PROACTIVE. What does that mean for the actual trades, signings and picks he's made? *vanishes as you look back to me like the killer in a horror film*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
yeah, Masai shoulda traded Patterson, CoJo, Powell, and #9 for Serge.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Big issue with Masai? His moves are REACTIVE rather than PROACTIVE. What does that mean for the actual trades, signings and picks he's made? *vanishes as you look back to me like the killer in a horror film*

Ah, you mean like keeping Casey as the HC?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

yeah, Masai shoulda traded Patterson, CoJo, Powell, and #9 for Serge.

It'd be selling high on CoJo since he's been poo poo

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/830915030354898945

get it done rockets. that knicks spurs game was an Abomination

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Masai should trade for the chair that broke Kanter's forearm. The Thunder clearly sided with Kanter in the feud so the chair's value is at an all time low. I can't imagine Kyrie could stay healthy for a full series if the Raptors had the chair.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Masai is fine. Casey is a garbage man. The raps win a lot games because they have chemistry and they more or less have their poo poo together. It's why they are always so good for the first few months. But now other teams are becoming less poo poo and their coaches can actually strategize as opposed to being forced to play some young guys/tank. All the teams they used to beat up are slightly better and it's no longer enough to play hard and generally behave like professionals.

As the season passes the team is worse and worse because their competitors are getting better and they are standing still. The competitive advantage Casey gives/gave them is maxed out. So all that's left are other things coaches provide (like gameplaning or strategizing or matchups, or playcalling or whatever) and these are things that Casey has proven game in and game out that he is bad at.

BWV fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 13, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

OTL has a huge feature on Oden right now, how is he only 28

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Where were you when porzingod was suckling at his mother's teat, eh Dāvis? Where were you?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

R.D. Mangles posted:

OTL has a huge feature on Oden right now, how is he only 28
There was kind of a hole in that story where Oden says he went to China and felt as good as he had in a long time and really felt ready to go, and then he dislocated his thumb.

Cut to: "Oden is now retired"

I mean the truth is probably that his knees were still busted and he was totally sapped of athleticism but it was just weird to have him saying he felt the best he had in years, and then go straight to he's retired.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

https://twitter.com/ned7821/status/831047293826510848

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
maybe his hand was cold

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's getting to the point where even Fox Sports is reposting content farm stories. I would normally be too clever to click on a "the Lakers have several trades on deck story" and realize that I have in fact taken click bait.

The only believable Lakers deal is Calderon to the Cavs just because he is practically the only PG who they can swap Shumpert's contract for who is on the market. Which might be why the Lakers are trying to get more than a second out of it. But heck the Lakers should jump on the chance to get paid twice for Joe C.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The cavs wouldn't trade passable nba player Iman Shumpert for dogshit pg Jose Calderon

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Rick posted:

It's getting to the point where even Fox Sports is reposting content farm stories. I would normally be too clever to click on a "the Lakers have several trades on deck story" and realize that I have in fact taken click bait.

The only believable Lakers deal is Calderon to the Cavs just because he is practically the only PG who they can swap Shumpert's contract for who is on the market. Which might be why the Lakers are trying to get more than a second out of it. But heck the Lakers should jump on the chance to get paid twice for Joe C.

The Lakers should trade for Okafor since their fans talk about him more than Sixers fans

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jota posted:

The Lakers should trade for Okafor since their fans talk about him more than Sixers fans

I would say let me introduce you to the Sixers fans who still post, "D'Angelo Russell is a bust, also a bruised knee is a career ending injury, and also please trade him, Clarkson and Ingram for Okafor" fans but they post here, too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The cavs wouldn't trade passable nba player Iman Shumpert for dogshit pg Jose Calderon

You'd think that, yet reliable guys like Stein are saying that they are in fact trying to make it happen.

It could save them quite a bit of money and like other than this season Calderon is usually a much better shooter than Shumpert, and always a better passer. Much worse defender though.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Could the Raptors please fire their coach now? Just don't hire Mark Jackson or Vinny del Negro next.

quote:

Eight second on the clock, DeRozan dribbles to nowhere in particular with Morris all over him and puts up a bad, wild shot. Was DeMar hoping for a call? Probably. Was DeMar going to get one? Get real, man.

DeRozan's already in playoffs mode.

Also, the Knicks rolling out the red carpet for all these ex-players immediately after making GBS threads on Oakley is petty beyond belief.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Feb 13, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Rick posted:

I would say let me introduce you to the Sixers fans who still post, "D'Angelo Russell is a bust, also a bruised knee is a career ending injury, and also please trade him, Clarkson and Ingram for Okafor" fans but they post here, too.

That trade seems a bit lopsided. I think the Lakers wouldn't want to make that one.

Also I wasn't talking about you in my other post, although there is that one dude here, whose name I can't remember, it could apply to.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

exempt posted:

Check out Buddy when Buddy gets nuts.

He ain't even get nuts that far

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jack's Flow posted:

Could the Raptors please fire their coach now? Just don't hire Mark Jackson or Vinny del Negro next.

Well if it doesn't happen now it probably won't ever happen

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Rick posted:

You'd think that, yet reliable guys like Stein are saying that they are in fact trying to make it happen.

It could save them quite a bit of money and like other than this season Calderon is usually a much better shooter than Shumpert, and always a better passer. Much worse defender though.

I can't find anything from Marc Stein about that other than year old stuff about the Lakers wanting Shumpert.

The cavs would probably move him but not for human trash fire José Calderon.

You can have Birdman and a second (in 2040)

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Nice thumbnail work.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Brutal nutshot lmao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Calderon is old and broken now but he remains pretty underrated for the bulk of his work. Leave Jose alone

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Cool Buff Man posted:

Calderon is old and broken now but he remains pretty underrated for the bulk of his work. Leave Jose alone

One of the guys from the Starters was always making GBS threads on Calderon while Calderon was still in Toronto (and they were filming in their apartments), and that's why I think the Starters are stupid dorks who need to shut up. Jose was a good point guard.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

To be fair I have it out for NBA Spaniards not named Marc Gasol or Handsome Ricky.

gently caress the conquistadors :mexico:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jack's Flow posted:

One of the guys from the Starters was always making GBS threads on Calderon while Calderon was still in Toronto (and they were filming in their apartments), and that's why I think the Starters are stupid dorks who need to shut up. Jose was a good point guard.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

To be fair I have it out for NBA Spaniards not named Marc Gasol or Handsome Ricky.

gently caress the conquistadors :mexico:

I mean dude had a 50/40/90 third season, 11.2 pt / 8.3 ast / 1.5 to. That speaks to me.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Speaking of Handsome Ricky, here's a long-ish interview with his former Joventut headcoach.

http://www.canishoopus.com/2017/2/6/14394732/ricky-rubio-dkv-joventut-offense-defense-coach-from-spain-pep-claros

quote:

Ricky’s first pro game was at the age of 14. So everything was a process. He dominated all the young categories in Spain and Europe just like megastars before him; Drazen Petrovic, Toni Kukoc, and Arvydas Sabonis.

You had to think at 15 years old when Ricky played in the European final and had 51 points, 24 rebounds, 12 assists, and 7 steals that he would be great. He won that game with a 3-point shot from half court. Who else can do that?

Should have immediately retired on top of the world.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Twitter is the worst-best invention ever.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
When is JR Smith expected back for the Cavs? Seems like he would solve a lot of issues people worry about with them. He's a decent sized piece of the team to have missed so much time.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

drat the Kings got bodied by a baseball team with a racist rear end mascot :eyepop:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Im gonna miss nurkic and the promise of what may have been :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

At least Three months from 12/20/16

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

ex post facho posted:

Im gonna miss nurkic and the promise of what may have been :(

I think Jokic will soothe your nerves just fine my man

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jota posted:

When is JR Smith expected back for the Cavs? Seems like he would solve a lot of issues people worry about with them. He's a decent sized piece of the team to have missed so much time.
Basically just in time for the playoffs. It's not just missing JR, it's also that they're wayyy too deep in the DeAndre Liggins, Jordan McRae zone

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Jota posted:

Also Andre Iguodala is one of the most bitch made dudes in the entire NBA. Makes me so happy that LeBron owning the gently caress out of him will be a play that is remembered forever.

Iggy is indeed the omega bitch of the nba, just ahead of durant in beta bitch status

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
jokic is great but man i wanted to see nurkic pan out, watching him clown boogie was just :discourse:

then he got benched for a better player, sulked and put on weight and now...goodbye, nurk, we hardly knew ye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

ex post facho posted:

jokic is great but man i wanted to see nurkic pan out, watching him clown boogie was just :discourse:

then he got benched for a better player, sulked and put on weight and now...goodbye, nurk, we hardly knew ye

In many ways we saw the best of Nurkic right off the bat

Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-xdqzQ3-gc&t=17s

• Locked thread