Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Today is a good day to post.

https://twitter.com/NeoHazard/status/1128513970393034752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Holy hell these are great, keep em coming!

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
I don't use Twitter but those are amazing how the heck do I save those? Are they on YouTube or something?

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

https://twitter.com/BUTIDONOT/status/1129003468302082049

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Pegnose Pete posted:

I don't use Twitter but those are amazing how the heck do I save those? Are they on YouTube or something?

Plug them in here and it'll give you the MP4s http://twittervideodownloader.com/

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

kirbysuperstar posted:

Plug them in here and it'll give you the MP4s http://twittervideodownloader.com/

Shame on me for not just googling "twitter video downloader" but thanks!

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

So is this stuff po-mo, or an I just not that with it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is the best one

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Today I finally got a game boy cart caddy design I'm happy with. Took a while to get screenshots I like, engrave settings I like, the size dialed in, etc.

Other side:

I also did the first town. I'm not sure what I want to do with this one next. I think a frame would be cool, not sure on a good design there yet. Doing this in 2 layers like the other ones and gluing on bushes / shops / trees / characters would look super cool but also take forever.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Those are gorgeous and I want them for when I eventually get my own house.

...but why Donkey Kong and not a Link's Awakening cart?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Those are gorgeous and I want them for when I eventually get my own house.

...but why Donkey Kong and not a Link's Awakening cart?

It's the cart I have at my workshop for sizing these. The lighting is good at my workshop for taking these pictures, so I figured it was better with the wrong cart I am still figuring out good screenshots for Donkey Kong, so I haven't built a caddy for it yet. It takes a ton of time to process these screenshots to cut them this way.

Here's some WIP. The far left is the one that people in this thread were super helpful and noticed I had the pixel ratio wrong. Catching that early meant I didn't have to go fix a bunch of work later. The Pokemon one I had the size wrong, no words on the sides, and the engrave was way too deep. The Mario Land 2 one I got the size right, but the engrave wasn't deep enough (you can't see the roads!), and I hadn't come up with what to put on the sides yet. I don't have a Zelda one with the screenshot for this side I didn't like, but there was a bad Zelda one before this final one.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Those are brilliant. I would love a few of them.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

That's real neat!

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Just in time for this month's GameBoy Game Club.

Imgur Album

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Netflix Japan got Takahashi Meijin to display his 16 Shot skills to the Stranger Things kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU--x9NUmuQ

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I think I or others said this before but you could make an insane amount of money with these at nerd conventions, considering what perler art goes for, and that I've never seen anything like these there.

They're amazing!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

:stare: How do I give you money for one of these?

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?

BisterdDave posted:

Just played Sega Rally Championship on the Saturn for the first time, such a fun game! My favorite part? "Game over yeeaahhh!" Was not expecting that haha.

It's so good. I wish they'd do a switch port like Virtua racing just got

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Annath posted:

Just a heads up that the item description says "parchment style", so its assuredly just a paper map stained brown, not actual parchment.

:negative: one day...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Chainclaw posted:

Today I finally got a game boy cart caddy design I'm happy with. Took a while to get screenshots I like, engrave settings I like, the size dialed in, etc.

Other side:

I also did the first town. I'm not sure what I want to do with this one next. I think a frame would be cool, not sure on a good design there yet. Doing this in 2 layers like the other ones and gluing on bushes / shops / trees / characters would look super cool but also take forever.

oh my god, beautiful.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

saltyslug posted:

It's so good. I wish they'd do a switch port like Virtua racing just got

After watching some gameplay of the arcade version, I would love an HD port on the Switch! And "Dayyytooonaaa!" of course.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Since everyone's posting DK94, it reminded me of a question I meant to ask you guys awhile ago.

Is there any way to get the Super Gameboy colors from DK94 into the GBC game/rom? IIRC< even Pokemon eventually got a coloration hack, but I figured DK94 would be more well received.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
The master key to my smart home is my test copy of Amazing Tater for Game Boy which unlocks hidden features such as unlimited massage bar and candy walls.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

LODGE NORTH posted:

Since everyone's posting DK94, it reminded me of a question I meant to ask you guys awhile ago.

Is there any way to get the Super Gameboy colors from DK94 into the GBC game/rom? IIRC< even Pokemon eventually got a coloration hack, but I figured DK94 would be more well received.

What hardware are you playing it on?

If you're playing it on a GameBoy Advance through one of the GBA romcarts, then yes you can do that, but it uses a GB Emulator (Goomba) to do so.

There was also a post mentioned in the Game Boy Club Thread:

Doom Goon posted:

Funny enough since I last posted about it SameBoy added high level emulation of the Super Game Boy (all versions w/ SGB 2 running at the correct fixed speed). You won't get any sort of border selection (it'll run SGB-enhanced ones though) or ability to change the palette but it does have game colorization. Also, apparently BGB is also supposed to have some sort of support as well but it apparently has a bug unless it's a SGB-enhanced ROM.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

How about testing out the following;

Super Robot Wars J
Astro Boy Omega Factor
Zoids Legacy
Godzilla Domination
Both Advance Wars games
Castlevania: Circle of The Moon
All Final Fantasy games on the system
All Yugioh games on the system
Gunstar Superheroes
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

1) I don't have Japanese ROMs to test
2) works great
3) works great
4) black screens; game does not start
5) slight graphical glitches on title screen and in people's avatars
6) audio glitching on title screen. Game plays well
7) all work fine
8) bootloops
9) works well but clouds in background flash black a lot; not sure if that's intended or a glitch
10) FMV is messed up

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Hoobastank4ever97 posted:

2) works great
3) works great
7) all work fine
8) bootloops
9) works well but clouds in background flash black a lot; not sure if that's intended or a glitch
10) FMV is messed up

Super Robot Wars J has had an English translation for the better part of a decade now and is pretty easy to find, also what does Bootloops mean?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

LODGE NORTH posted:

There's no technical reason it can't be done and it'd possibly look better in some aspects, I guess it's simply not a high priority seeing as people can just emulate the SGB features.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but, do you guys know of a decent retro handheld system that also has access to streaming sites like Netflix? I’m not really looking to go more powerful than PS1 games but mainly 8-bit/16-bit

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Gaz2k21 posted:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but, do you guys know of a decent retro handheld system that also has access to streaming sites like Netflix? I’m not really looking to go more powerful than PS1 games but mainly 8-bit/16-bit

Android phone/tablet.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I would have never thought that GameBoy four color stuff would work so well with wood, but here we are.

Moop Moop
Aug 26, 2006

Hoobastank4ever97 posted:

2) works great
3) works great
7) all work fine
8) bootloops
10) FMV is messed up

This is pretty much my experience over the last week with playing gba games on my hacked DSi. It was a bit disheartening and I’ve gone back to using my ds lite for gba gaming.

The DSi remains a fantastic device for playing every ds game however and I was able to pick one up in good quality for like 30 dollars.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I guess the polymega isn't a complete scam? The digital foundry guys got to play around with it recently and they has positive impressions from E3.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How is the emulation on Sonics ultimate genesis collection for 360? I picked it up on a whim as part of the B2GO sale at GameStop

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's been a while since I played it, but I remember it being decent. It's better than the Sonic emulation in the current Genesis collection on Switch, to where I felt the input lag immediately.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How is the emulation on Sonics ultimate genesis collection for 360? I picked it up on a whim as part of the B2GO sale at GameStop

My life in Gaming video talks about it about 21mins in, although the entire video worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/b1ulA75lVgg

Some lovely things like forced blur filter and lovely borders. Tldr if m2 didn't make it it's lovely in some way, apparently.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

M2 is working on so many projects right now. I really hope they don't stretch themselves too thin.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Azubah posted:

I guess the polymega isn't a complete scam? The digital foundry guys got to play around with it recently and they has positive impressions from E3.

I met the dudes behind it a couple years back when it was called RetroBlox. Some of them are ex-Insomniac devs. I don’t think they were ever a scam but instead just a high price point.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I have it on PS3 and it’s s a fine collection. I personally feel having to play Super Thunder Blade for any amount of time to unlock the arcade version of Space Harrier is bullshit, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Totally serviceable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Super Robot Wars J has had an English translation for the better part of a decade now and is pretty easy to find, also what does Bootloops mean?

Bootloop means the gba startup screen just keeps rebooting and the game never starts.