Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

goodfuldead posted:

Nothing screams "I wrecked the poo poo out of this once" than that.

"I oversteered and overcorrected into a tree, NEVER AGAIN! All understeer all the time"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

dissss posted:

It's actually significantly shorter and narrower than a Prius. Which I guess says more about how large the Prius is than anything else.

Sorry the i3 is not narrower than a Prius. I personally do not class the Prius as a large car, micro car though it isn't.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Humbug posted:

It is electric, but it has an optional rage extender that most people seems to go for.

Yeah, I think most BMW SUVs come with this option from the factory.

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010

BoostCreep posted:

Someone had a really bad day.

The hood was jumped on, the roof was caved in, windows smashed, and various bits ripped off.

Cheating boyfriend? This was in a really nice part of LA in a quiet expensive neighborhood, and judging by the glass on the ground, this damage happened right where it's parked.

This is what happens when you gently caress a stranger in the rear end.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

lavaca posted:

This is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps.

there are women present please

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Er.

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

a primate posted:

There are a thousand clever ways you could have made fun of her, but this isn't one of them.

Content (wrong thread?):

Goddamn, Saints Row 5 looks amazing.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Haven't laughed this hard in hundreds, nay, thousands of pages of various threads. Of course it'd be at a cock and balls spray painted on the hood of a Veyron.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/08/vandal-paints-penis-on-1-5-million-bugatti-veyron-4897317/

At least they sort of did them a solid (HEH) by keeping it on the hood, and not like, busting a load over onto the fenders and whatnot.

enojy fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 9, 2014

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

I can't hate that.

I'm trying really, really hard, but somehow I can't. :\

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

gently caress, it's like the Juke all over again.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

enojy posted:

Haven't laughed this hard in hundreds, nay, thousands of pages of various threads. Of course it'd be at a cock and balls spray painted on the hood of a Veyron.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/08/vandal-paints-penis-on-1-5-million-bugatti-veyron-4897317/

At least they sort of did them a solid (HEH) by keeping it on the hood, and not like, busting a load over onto the fenders and whatnot.

It made me laugh too, it had to be the shittiest sprayed dick possible too. Doing a nice detailed dong would've been a waste. Zero effort.

Of course if it were my car I'd be pissed. For about 30 seconds until I remembered I could afford a $1.2 million car... and I'd probably keep it on there simply because.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Yeah I can't believe the kid that did this didn't stick around to draw an anatomically correct dick on this >million dollar car.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That's what I mean, that's why it's even funnier.

...and don't tell me you can't draw a decent dick in like 10 seconds. :P

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Are you a professional dick artist? I think it's quite a regal dick considering the potential burden of being strangled to death by the owner.

Satellit3 fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 9, 2014

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Satellit3 posted:

Are you a professional dick artist? I think it's quite a regal dick considering the potential burden of being strangled to death by the owner's large angry bodyguards

made that more accurate for you

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

enojy posted:

This is amazing, I saw that car the other day pulling out of LA Fitness in Kirkland. I was wondering if it was real or a kit, and now I guess I know.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Satellit3 posted:

Are you a professional dick artist? I think it's quite a regal dick considering the potential burden of being strangled to death by the owner.

My profession of dick artist is of no relevance to my amusement at this vandalism. :colbert:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

I think I drew this on my homework when I was 12

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's like there's a car inside another car, trying to rip out alien-style. Also, the BMW is halfway through the process of absorbing the fog lights, like how a female anglerfish absorbs the male. Or the foglights just have a brow, like a batarian.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

enojy posted:

your link is now saying its fake

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Unless those have awful paint and the thing hasn't been waxed in a dogs age, 30 seconds with a rag and a can of acetone should take that right off. Then give it a proper wash and a buff and it's like it never happened.

(This works on most CC/BC type paints I've gotten crap off of, though I'll admit it will almost certainly remove single stage paints, lacquers, etc. Try on an inconspicuous area first, not responsible if you wash all the paint off your veyron with 15 dollars of acetone and my advise, not responsible if can of acetone drinks all the beer in your fridge and rapes your dog like Morally Inept)

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

ABS tone ring was totally rusted into the old rotor. Can't get the rotor off of the hub without removing it.

Angle grinder + sledge hammer + hatred got the job done.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

sofullofhate posted:

I can't hate that.

I'm trying really, really hard, but somehow I can't. :\

That's okay, I have enough hate for the both of us.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
The Bugatti spray paint prank isn't true anyway.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Olivil posted:

The Bugatti spray paint prank isn't true anyway.

The real prank is painting a Veyron Camry Champagne Gold.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I mentioned to my boss about hiring a car while in the USA, and he said "Eh, all American cars are pretty terrible, I've rented a few out there myself."

So I asked him what kind of cars he'd rented.

"Well, I had a PT Cruiser this one visit, but they upgraded me to a Chrysler Sebring convertible when I went the last few times"

:suicide:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

InitialDave posted:

I mentioned to my boss about hiring a car while in the USA, and he said "Eh, all American cars are pretty terrible, I've rented a few out there myself."

So I asked him what kind of cars he'd rented.

"Well, I had a PT Cruiser this one visit, but they upgraded me to a Chrysler Sebring convertible when I went the last few times"

:suicide:

It's like having syphilis and being upgraded to gonorrhea.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's like having syphilis and being upgraded to gonorrhea.
You should hear about the time he was in Thailand, and the guy from the company they were dealing with was going upstairs from the bar to bang ladyboys.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 218 days!)

InitialDave posted:

You should hear about the time he was in Thailand, and the guy from the company they were dealing with was going upstairs from the bar to bang ladyboys.

Unprotected, obviously.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Viggen posted:

Unprotected, obviously.

Well, he did say there were stairs.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Slotted and drilled rotors...

on a Dodge Minivan. :raise:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Aurune posted:

Slotted and drilled rotors...

on a Dodge Minivan. :raise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78InPT4iqlw

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Well, he did say there were stairs.

:golfclap:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

For all of the racket, it still didn't move very fast. :shrek:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Kinetic friction is a bitch.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

This is probably a stupid car question but I've never done a burnout in a car without enough power to just spin the wheels on its own with traction control turned off. If you put one foot on the brake as they say in that video and then floor the gas pedal, that can't be very... good, right? Does the car know the brake is engaged and the auto transmission just knows not to do anything or are you seriously screwing up the transmission doing this?

Edit: or are they just revving the engine in neutral and dropping it into Drive when they let the brake off?

davebo fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 13, 2014

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's called power braking and yes people stand on the brakes while they spin up the engine. It is as bad for the transmission as you can imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

xzzy posted:

It's called power braking and yes people stand on the brakes while they spin up the engine. It is as bad for the transmission as you can imagine.

Thats what the parking pawl is for. :v: