Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/stefanmolyneux/status/940789257249153024

Ooh yes, daddy, pour some more salt on my fries.

wasn't Moore re-endorsed by the GOP like ten minutes after they withdrew support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Yeah, Moore wasn't actually abandoned at all.

It was first "he should step aside from the election if the allegations are true" and then "vote for the guy, we want the tax cut."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The GOP re-endorsed Moore but they did it in the most tepid and limp-dicked possible way. Basically their national office gave him the political support equivalent of some spare change for a bus ticket.

They did just enough to make sure they went down with his ship but nothing to stop it from sinking in the first place.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

TinTower posted:

InfoWars are claiming “they straight up deleted votes!” because half the Republican vote in a normal election just didn’t turn out.

So it has nothing to do with them maybe not wanting to elect a pedophile? I would assume that at least some republican voters wouldn't want to elect a pedophile.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Slime posted:

So it has nothing to do with them maybe not wanting to elect a pedophile? I would assume that at least some republican voters wouldn't want to elect a pedophile.

what are you some sort of cultural marxist

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Slime posted:

He's not a pedophile because he's a good upstanding christian and he only lost because demons came out of the woodwork against him

- a woman interviewed on the radio this morning

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ate all the Oreos posted:

He's not a pedophile because he's a good upstanding christian and he only lost because demons came out of the woodwork against him

- a woman interviewed on the radio this morning

God drat do demons consistently take the side of moral clarity in this country

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dude's banned from at least one Gadsden mall for creepin on little girls. Everyone who has any regular contact knows he's a molestor.

Also even if you leave aside the pedo stuff, Moore isn't really a popular candidate. He's lost a run for Governor twice here.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Judith Butler writes about Milo. The comments are what you'd expect

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Daily Stormer style guide’s been leaked, and... well... it’s nice to have a whole bunch of hard confirmation of what people have been saying for years.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah I posted that in another thread earlier, I think my favorite part is where they list other methods of cultural appropriation such as "posting anime gifs" :allears:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

It's breathtaking how consciously dishonest Anglin reveals himself to be. The hatefulness long ago ceased to be surprising, though.

Daily Stormer Style Guide posted:

As Hitler says in Mein Kampf, people will become confused and disheartened if they feel there are multiple enemies. As such, all enemies should be combined into one enemy, which is the Jews. This is pretty much objectively true anyway, but we want to leave out any and all nuance.

What should be completely avoided is the sometimes mentioned idea that "even if we got rid of the Jews we would still have all these other problems." The Jews should always be the beginning and the end of every problem, from poverty to poor family dynamics to war to the destruction of the rainforest.

There should be a conscious agenda to dehumanize the enemy, to the point where people are ready to laugh at their deaths. So it isn't clear that we are doing this - as that would be a turn-off to most normal people - we rely on lulz.

Pro-Jew shills should be attacked. These include Alex Jones, Gavin McInnes and Milo. At the same time, they should also be accused/celebrated as secret Nazis whenever they post anything that lines up with our agenda.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Y'all sure do seem to require a lot of reaffirming/reassurance that the Jews are evil and the cause of all problems, I wonder why that is :allears:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm not sure if the huffpo article mentions it, but this whole thing came about because Weev idiotically posted it to a public IRC channel.

Another fun fact Weev divulged: they pay contributing writers $14.88 per blog post, which is just adorable

(If anyone doesn't know what that represents: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words)

Gitro
May 29, 2013
it's like the fifth paragraph, including explanation.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gitro posted:

it's like the fifth paragraph, including explanation.

Yeah I remember now that I originally got it from the article, I was real tired last night :v:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

https://twitter.com/mjg59/status/941389485123579904

https://twitter.com/alicegoldfuss/status/941393046607773696

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Meh, just a retread of "homosexuality doesn't work because like charges repel and something about thermodynamics"

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Typical right-wing "nuance is impossible, any limitation on free speech is equivalent to fascism, no options but total extremes are possible, and therefore liberals are the real Nazis" bullshit.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

pookel posted:

Typical right-wing "nuance is impossible, any limitation on free speech is equivalent to fascism, no options but total extremes are possible, and therefore liberals are the real Nazis" bullshit.

This looks like a hard problem. This looks like a really hard problem with unimaginably high stakes: once the handoff of control of our civilization from humans to machines happens, we don't get a second chance to do it over. The ultimate fate of the human species rests on the competence of the AI research community: the inferential power and discipline to cut through to the correct answer and bet the world on it, rather than clinging to one's favorite pet hypothesis and leaving science to advance funeral by funeral.

Thus, the bad epistemic hygiene habits of the trans community that are required to maintain the socially-acceptable alibi that transitioning is about expressing some innate "gender identity", are necessarily spread to the computer science community, as an intransigent minority of trans activist-types successfully enforce social norms mandating that everyone must pretend not to notice that trans women are eccentric men. With social reality placing such tight constraints on perception of actual reality, our chances of developing the advanced epistemology needed to rise to the occasion of solving the alignment problem seem slim at best.

Essentially, we may be living in a scenario where the world is literally destroyed specifically because no one wants to talk about their masturbation fantasies.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

This looks like a hard problem. This looks like a really hard problem with unimaginably high stakes: once the handoff of control of our civilization from humans to machines happens, we don't get a second chance to do it over. The ultimate fate of the human species rests on the competence of the AI research community: the inferential power and discipline to cut through to the correct answer and bet the world on it, rather than clinging to one's favorite pet hypothesis and leaving science to advance funeral by funeral.

Thus, the bad epistemic hygiene habits of the trans community that are required to maintain the socially-acceptable alibi that transitioning is about expressing some innate "gender identity", are necessarily spread to the computer science community, as an intransigent minority of trans activist-types successfully enforce social norms mandating that everyone must pretend not to notice that trans women are eccentric men. With social reality placing such tight constraints on perception of actual reality, our chances of developing the advanced epistemology needed to rise to the occasion of solving the alignment problem seem slim at best.

Essentially, we may be living in a scenario where the world is literally destroyed specifically because no one wants to talk about their masturbation fantasies.

I think this post gave me whiplash between paragraph one and two :psyduck:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
is that Big Yud?

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

There is only one objectively right view of reality, and by complete coincidence it perfectly corresponds with what I already believe. Strange how that works.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Or, to put it another way, "It is vitally necessary for me to talk loudly and publicly about my masturbation fantasies, and be protected from all social criticism when I do so".

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

is that Big Yud?

I think that person's blog has come up before, maybe not even in LB quotes. She's a trans gal poisoned by LW/SSC/Blanchard.

Edit:

Tobermory posted:

Or, to put it another way, "It is vitally necessary for me to talk loudly and publicly about my masturbation fantasies, and be protected from all social criticism when I do so".

I think it's, "Trans women -- who won't admit that they are merely men expressing masturbation fantasies in public -- will literally be the death of us all."

(Very tired, sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying.)

Sax Solo has a new favorite as of 00:11 on Dec 15, 2017

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sax Solo posted:

I think it's, "Trans women -- who won't admit that they are merely men expressing masturbation fantasies in public -- will literally be the death of us all."

That's what they think they're saying, sure, but imo it's no accident that they subconsciously wrote it in such a way that it can also be read as "why do people run away when I eagerly describe the anime figurines I cum on, we'll never have benevolent AI if you can't even deal with this!!!"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Sax Solo posted:

I think that person's blog has come up before, maybe not even in LB quotes. She's a trans gal poisoned by LW/SSC/Blanchard.

Edit:

LW folks occasionally seem like they're going to miraculously not gently caress up on disabled/LGBT rights, but they always end up doing it anyway by endorsing eugenics and/or "autogynephilia theory"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
LW, like many "rational" communities, happily swallow anti-scientific bullshit so long as it conforms to their preexisting bigotry.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I used to peruse this thread, but I haven't for 6-8 months. Are Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson subjects of this thread now, or is there a separate thread for people like them?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

I used to peruse this thread, but I haven't for 6-8 months. Are Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson subjects of this thread now, or is there a separate thread for people like them?

They probably belong in the Youtube Intellectual mock thread in D&D but there's a lot of overlap here.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

DarklyDreaming posted:

They probably belong in the Youtube Intellectual mock thread in D&D but there's a lot of overlap here.

I think that got shitcanned.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I think that got shitcanned.

That really doesn't surprise me at all. :geno:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Sam Altman's essay is making waves!! Two threads:

polite response thread:

https://twitter.com/anildash/status/941431220952584196

less polite response thread:

https://twitter.com/_danilo/status/941368217850863616

and people are decoding bits of it:

https://twitter.com/d__m_____/status/941408837717733376

https://twitter.com/coda/status/941375641227706369

https://twitter.com/coda/status/941380114377465857

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Regardless of how many other threads there are, please also bring your mockery of those two assclowns to this thread as well :allears:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

divabot posted:

Sam Altman's essay is making waves!!

I had no idea who this idiot is, but some quick searching tells me he founded a failed social networking app and now he thinks he's Galileo. Is that right?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Goon Danton posted:

I had no idea who this idiot is, but some quick searching tells me he founded a failed social networking app and now he thinks he's Galileo. Is that right?

he is one of the people at Y Combinator who you must dance for to get money, so this has led him to believe he is the Wisest Human.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Yup. He started a lovely also-ran social networking app that failed gracefully at the height of the loose money period, in the process of which he made friends with the people who actually did the work of building Y Combinator, so that when they got tired of it and didn't want to do it day to day anymore they put him in charge. Also Elon Musk gave him a bunch of money to start a Yud-inspired "friendly AI" think tank to bring about the technosingularity. Basically he's John Sculley but he thinks he's Steve Jobs.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
I've got to confess, I generally agree with the quoted premise, because, yeah, we do need to be prepared to hear and to debate uncomfortable ideas in order to grow as a society and to discover truth. However, a) unless comrade Altman is prepared to hear uncomfortable ideas about rich white techbros, he doesn't really want absolute free speech, he's just afraid to be criticized for his bigotry, and b) we really do not need to debate whether blacks/Jews/homosexuals just deserve to die.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/tomdale/status/941891468108558336

mr. altman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I love multiple collars, makes dudes look like hothouse flowers. Give me a bunch of collars and no other part of the shirt techbros, it's the only sensible thing to do.