Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
lol not that you're ever gonna have fusion ammo when you need it anyway though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
:negative:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Do we know how much amok you lose when you die? All of it? A couple? What's the deal.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It zeros out your special ammo every time you die. Or change rounds in elimination modes.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Earnings call at 1:30 PT today. Also pretty spicy "leak" over on Reddit, granted there's nothing there that isn't just speculation from other minor leaked info like the Megabloks thing and the Q3 earnings call.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Danger posted:

Earnings call at 1:30 PT today. Also pretty spicy "leak" over on Reddit, granted there's nothing there that isn't just speculation from other minor leaked info like the Megabloks thing and the Q3 earnings call.

That leak sounds too boring to be fake

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
It's almost assuredly bullshit. It reads like a Reddit request list.

https://twitter.com/UrkMcGurk/status/829765197623554048

lmao

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Anything from the shareholder thing today?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

texaholic posted:

Anything from the shareholder thing today?

Hasn't happened yet, check back in an hour or two.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Earnings summary at least still confirms a 2017 release with planned content to follow. Kinda doubt they'll elaborate much more.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah it's a one sentence blurb.

Too bad I'm not the first one to say it will recapture the "rushed" feeling of Destiny 1

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Kotaku says if Bungie doesn't get Destiny 2 out this year, Activision gets a lot of their stock.

http://kotaku.com/destiny-2-is-still-coming-this-year-activision-says-1792191111

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

The Meat Dimension posted:

Too bad I'm not the first one to say it will recapture the "rushed" feeling of Destiny 1

http://i.imgur.com/ezeZhWN.png

Overwatch is the real MVP here apparently.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The Meat Dimension posted:

it was already delayed a whole year though. we were supposed to get D2 instead of ROI.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

BattleTech posted:

http://i.imgur.com/ezeZhWN.png

Overwatch is the real MVP here apparently.

Yea they just got done with the overview. They leaned heavy on Overwatch, WoW, and Skylanders; apologized for CoD in Space, and just read off the one sentence blurb about Destiny. I wanna say they used the term "seasons" for the expanded content plans but might have heard wrong. That might suggest a quarterly calendar.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Vaguely hinted at a Q3 release, but that's just my interpretation. They mentioned they are expecting higher revenue in the second half due to Destiny 2 release, and even higher Q4 with CoD release.

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.

C411 posted:

Kotaku says if Bungie doesn't get Destiny 2 out this year, Activision gets a lot of their stock.

http://kotaku.com/destiny-2-is-still-coming-this-year-activision-says-1792191111

Soo, surely this must mean we can expect a polished no-rush release..

Whaaaat were they thinking letting Activision put that clause in the contract?

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

They are on the Q&A now and expanded a bit on Destiny: confirmed for Fall 2017, trying to make it more accessible to casual FPS players but keeping returning players invested, more cinematic, big reveal is being planned. I love how half the questions sound like gamers fishing for info and just getting answered with actual financial info.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oovee posted:

Whaaaat were they thinking letting Activision put that clause in the contract?

Because they were under the assumption they would be releasing games every 2 years. They were all "lol three years? gently caress yeah that will never be an issue."

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Look, so long as I don't have to wait a year until the proper story campaign comes out this time and my Guardian talks a bit more, I'll be happy with Destiny 2.

Oh, and give me Grimoire access from in game. Seriously, just patch it into a terminal in the Tower and Reef.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

quote:

Weapons and abilities were the focus of this work. The post-show dialogue has observed the absence of changes to Artifacts – namely Skorri’s. You haven’t heard the last from the Live Team, and the Sandbox is always an important part of their exploration of where the game should go next. With 2.5.0.2 almost off the workbench, our design team is looking at another future release as a potential vehicle for some tuning on artifacts as well. Time will tell, and you’re always a part of the conversation.

From the TWAB. No skorris change.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

GoneRampant posted:

Look, so long as I don't have to wait a year until the proper story campaign comes out this time and my Guardian talks a bit more, I'll be happy with Destiny 2.

Oh, and give me Grimoire access from in game. Seriously, just patch it into a terminal in the Tower and Reef.

Wow that's all stuff I couldnt care less about.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Yeah I can't wait to get another stupid iPad that doesn't even have any items in it lmao

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
Are any of these good fusion rifles (PvP)?

Branded Lord:
Linear Comp | BF / RB | Snapshot / Acc Coils | Rangefinder
Linear Comp | HLS / PB | Snapshot / Acc Coils | Unflinching / Rangefinder

Panta Rhei:
MD-Reflex / ORA-2 / OEG | RB / Quickdraw | Rangefinder
MD-Reflex / ORA / OEG | Hip Fire | BF | Rangefinder
Reflex / ORA-2 / OEG | Hidden Hand | Acc Coils | Rangefinder

Ex Astris:
MD-Reflex / ORA-2 / OEG | Hip Fire | PB / RB | Rangefinder

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

madsushi posted:

Panta Rhei:

MD-Reflex, Rifled, QD, RF is an amazing roll and Panta is a good fusion to run. *variks voice* keep, guardian, yesss

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 10, 2017

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

madsushi posted:

Branded Lord:
Linear Comp | BF / RB | Snapshot / Acc Coils | Rangefinder
Linear Comp | HLS / PB | Snapshot / Acc Coils | Unflinching / Rangefinder

Panta Rhei:
MD-Reflex / ORA / OEG | Hip Fire | BF | Rangefinder
Reflex / ORA-2 / OEG | Hidden Hand | Acc Coils | Rangefinder

Ex Astris:
MD-Reflex / ORA-2 / OEG | Hip Fire | PB / RB | Rangefinder

Fusion rifles are about to be completely forgotten on Tuesday so just shard them all now

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Well at least we are getting Destiny 2 this year.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
The high impact autos I have bothered to save

Been using rifled barrel but I can swap to PB or HLS, probably the best PVP role. Used it to complete a crucible bounty(only used RB) this week felt like a little extra DPS would have netted me more kills(obviously)

ehhh... rodeo + RB or PB or IM + CB never used it just sits my vault, maybe time to shard

Got this today from a crucible bounty, focus-fire/BF/CB the other middle option is feather mag. Used a little bit in patrol and it fires so slow and has such small a mag at 18 and not great range/AA. The base reload is great though and it is incredibly easy to hit crits.

HCR or Appended magazine / speed reload or HLS / CB, fun in PVE and could be interesting in PVP with the patch

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just noticed i got a parthian shot with cb, pb and sureshot in my vault.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I've got a Grim Citizen 3 with Crowd Control, Counter Balance and a choice of perfect balance or rifled barrel. It could be pretty decent after the patch.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is khostov 28 impact in the 450 firing mode? Could be ok too if so.

I got like 5 or 6 that could be cool if it breaks right. Wish i kept the year 1 trials ar that was kind of fun.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Is khostov 28 impact in the 450 firing mode? Could be ok too if so.

I got like 5 or 6 that could be cool if it breaks right. Wish i kept the year 1 trials ar that was kind of fun.

Yeah it is.

I still have the year 1 trials AR but it's pretty bad (perk wise) now due to power creep.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I think the high impact ARs will still be pretty doodoo after the patch, just not completely doodoo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I just found like 3 other 28 impact ones on my lovely warlock with counterbalance or perfect balance, a range mod and hidden hand.

Even if the 8 impact class is good monte carlo and fabian could be pretty fun.

I really hope they bust the meta wide open with the changes. Would be nice to have 5 or 6 different options accross classes instead of one or two.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I think the high impact ARs will still be pretty doodoo after the patch, just not completely doodoo

From what i read while making GBS threads yesterday if they buff it just enough with the precision increase it'll have a ttk in that .8 seconds range if you can hit head.

If they dont it'll be like doctrine and zhalo and poo poo now where it just doesnt do damage fast enough to win a 1v1.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Probably. But we can hope

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I remember this.

Also Capn. Yes. I moved. I said it like three times lol.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Soulex posted:

I remember this.

Also Capn. Yes. I moved. I said it like three times lol.

gently caress, sorry. My memory works in a very visual/audio way and the ever changing AVs, Xbox names, Xbox AVs, etc. are tailor made to gently caress with my recollections. I don't forget a voice, or a person, but the names get jumbled.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

From what i read while making GBS threads yesterday if they buff it just enough with the precision increase it'll have a ttk in that .8 seconds range if you can hit head.

If they dont it'll be like doctrine and zhalo and poo poo now where it just doesnt do damage fast enough to win a 1v1.

Yeah but problem is 7 headshots straight in open space is gonna be tough as poo poo with a moving target. The whole reason pulses and hand cannons own is because you can duck and dodge and do burst damage in spurts. Destiny maps have cover everywhere. With a pulse you catch someone peeking and get a single burst on them with a hawksaw and you do 75(?) damage in one go. In that same span I need to line up and land 3 headshots while keeping my aim precise where before I just needed to pull the trigger once.

Auto rifles only really work when you ropponents have the reaction time of a sloth and nowhere to hide. Theoretically they will have the better TTK but I think tactically in this game with movement and map design the way it is you're not going to get to rasheed advantage of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I still hate the Parthian Shot fire rate.
If this patch doesn't make me not hate it, I'm gonna be seeking out that perfect hopscotch roll.

• Locked thread