Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I own that. I also own the GI Joe Blanka figure. The GI Joe figure has better articulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The SOTA Blankas aren't awful.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Kind of impossible now!

Well, you could do it behind the whole thing not just the individual shelves.

I imagine it would make the blues,reds,and yellows pop really well under those lights.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, Ms Marvel was showing up for purchase on Amazon, but it wouldn't let me add her to the cart. :sigh:

[edit]

Ms Marvel and Shocker showed up later on, so I was able to grab them. :toot:

Just need Jackal who has a lot really bizzare reviews on Amazon.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 30, 2016

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I got 4 of the 7, if I can get the rest I'll just cancel my case preorder.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So far I got Ms Marvel, Shocker, and Green Goblin. After Jackal and maybe Black Costume Spidey I probably done and just try to get the parts from goons or buy them from ebay when cheap. Still need to find a person to get comic Dr Strange part from the Dormandu wave.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

When all is said and done the $11 or so Amazon is charging for that Strange may be easiest.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I got 4 of the 7, if I can get the rest I'll just cancel my case preorder.

I just want Goblin and Symbiote Spidey, personally.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They have Deadpool for $20 (in stock on Dec 6th).

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-6-Inc...=marvel+legends

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rirse posted:

Ugh, Ms Marvel was showing up for purchase on Amazon, but it wouldn't let me add her to the cart. :sigh:

[edit]

Ms Marvel and Shocker showed up later on, so I was able to grab them. :toot:

Just need Jackal who has a lot really bizzare reviews on Amazon.

Oh poo poo, I forgot that Shocker was part of this wave. I'll check Amazon when I get home.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rhyno posted:

They have Deadpool for $20 (in stock on Dec 6th).

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-6-Inc...=marvel+legends

I ordered one from Dorkside and I haven't heard a peep since, and the product is completely gone off their site. Should I bite this instead?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm down to just Shocker and Ms Marvel so if they pop up tonight I'll post the link.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Goddamn it. Goddamn everything. It's already gone. What the gently caress. Make as many Deadpools as you make lovely Icemen.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Looking back at the email from a few months ago, I realize that was an older card so I don't even know if I'm gonna get the drat thing. I swear it's exactly the toybiz one.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Don't have the urls for the Spider Men, but here the urls for Ms Marvel, Jackal, Shocker, and Green Goblin

Green Goblin

Jackal with Bizarre User Reviews

Ms Marvel

Shocker

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CelticPredator posted:

Goddamn it. Goddamn everything. It's already gone. What the gently caress. Make as many Deadpools as you make lovely Icemen.

I have made a mental note to hit you up when we get our cases.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dope. Thank you very much kind person!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I do my best!

I need advice!

I currently own a LOT of the DC ARTFX+ statues. Like 12 of them or something nuts. I've decided that I only want the original JLA lineup (minus Cyborg because gently caress him). But then I started looking at the DC Icons statues and except for Aquaman I can get almost all of the big 7 for pretty cheap and they look drat good. Any thoughts on the line? Am I dumb for flipping $20 worth of stuff (if I'm lucky) for like $500 worth?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Uh sorry man this is the action figure thread

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

Uh sorry man this is the action figure thread

Superman's cape is fabric THAT COUNTS AS ARTICULATION

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Superman's cape is fabric THAT COUNTS AS ARTICULATION

The MCFarlane Toys Motto

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You know, speaking of the past Street Fighter toy lines over the years, I really think the thing that kills them off fastest is the "Player 2" colors. Who wants these things? I'm sure a few collectors settle for them as the originals get rarer and rarer and sure some people can repaint. But for the most part it's like a full case of peg warmers. People don't fuckin want blue Dhalsim and poo poo. They want the loving guy how he actually looks 99% of the time you play the game. So nobody buys them, stores stop ordering them, lines die, and the Player One colors go even higher on eBay.

Like...obviously they're attractive to the license holders as an easy reissue of figures they've already done the work to design and stuff. So why not just make more of them in colors people actually want to buy?

(Pre-emptive "Sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru")

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's the cheapest way to sell the mold again and get the price down, and there is a certain demographic that needs to have them all so it's an easy sale.

Back at my old job we found that we'd run 10k units of Red Ken. 2k units each of P2, P3, and P4. Had we just run 18k units of red Ken the sales would have actually been worse because there was only one choice there so people would get their one figure and be done. By spacing it out in four different SKUs the most retailers would order 4 cases of red and 1 case each of the other colors unless they are an exclusive. Where as if it was just red they would probably still just order the 4 cases.

Truth be told Street Fighter isn't a huge toy money maker, which is why we have like 8 different companies that make Ryu and a few choice characters then bail. It tends to be a good line for newer companies to cut their teeth on though.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
It's the same thing with Dragonball stuff, there are a million god drat Goku figures and statues to choose from, but if you want anything even slightly side character ish like Krillin, you are going to be woefully disappointed.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drowning Rabbit posted:

It's the same thing with Dragonball stuff, there are a million god drat Goku figures and statues to choose from, but if you want anything even slightly side character ish like Krillin, you are going to be woefully disappointed.

There's multiple versions of Goku to make toys of, Krillin just has bald and with hair

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'd buy an Exploding Krillin figure

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's possible, they already made Dead Yamcha

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

God thanks a lot, now I need to own a blown up dead Jason Todd figure

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I'm just glad we're finally getting classic style Chun-Li that doesn't look like trash.

I don't even know who else I'd even want, maybe Morrigan but that's Darkstalkers. Never really liked much of the Street Fighter cast other than Chunners.

Dragonball's doing pretty good and now that more figures are coming out as "Standard" releases its becoming easier and easier. I just want Bulma, Videl and Kid Goku now to be honest, maybe Tenshinhan but other than them and Krillin (Who i'm waiting on a Premium Color since the original version's jumped in price so much) I'm satisfied with my collection.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I'm just glad we're finally getting classic style Chun-Li that doesn't look like trash.

I don't even know who else I'd even want, maybe Morrigan but that's Darkstalkers. Never really liked much of the Street Fighter cast other than Chunners.

Dragonball's doing pretty good and now that more figures are coming out as "Standard" releases its becoming easier and easier. I just want Bulma, Videl and Kid Goku now to be honest, maybe Tenshinhan but other than them and Krillin (Who i'm waiting on a Premium Color since the original version's jumped in price so much) I'm satisfied with my collection.

I want a first form Frieza and a Mr Popo.

Also a proper SSJ2 Goku since the hair is slightly different.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/senti_terio/status/804228720454078464

:drat:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I know what that is supposed to be a fusion of, but between the shape of the head and the digitigrade legs it looks like the most badass Metal Gear ever.

Edit: \/\/\/ - Well that would explain it.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 1, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TaurusOxford posted:

I know what that is supposed to be a fusion of, but between the shape of the head and the digitigrade legs it looks like the most badass Metal Gear ever.

It was designed by Yoji Shinkawa, the dude who designs Metal Gears

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

What's with the Nerv logo? Godzelion Unit-01?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuzz posted:

What's with the Nerv logo? Godzelion Unit-01?

The guy who directed Evangelion also directed the new Godzilla movie so they're doing crossover stuff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And since we're on a Godzilla kick

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/804388951268163584

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm having a hell of a time tracking down the Figuarts Shin Godzilla for a decent price.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

His tiny hands!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

His tiny hands!

Trumpzilla?

So my local TRU is garbage and has no NECA anything and their Legends collection is like 2-3 waves old with lots of trash Wasp figures. Bah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The_Doctor posted:

His tiny hands!

But those legs though - imagine the power of his dropkicks. :v: