Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
The Rocket Launcher is the only one-shot weapon I enjoy. Perfect weapon for giving a scout mech enough punch to really mess up a prone mech, or as a rear-facing weapon that can deter light mechs while not weighing that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Wait.

Minobu Tetsuhara is probably going to be in the Luthien mission.

Apparently my iPhone wants to call him "minibus tasty cakes"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Then "Minibus Tasty Cakes" he shall be, because I feel like that was Steve Jobs' last wish.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Wait.

Apparently my iPhone wants to call him "minibus tasty cakes"

My question is are they tasty cakes the SIZE of a minibus? or just tasty cakes for a minibus. It sounds very english!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

drat! I didn't even think about that.

PTN: please please please tell us out in the open if a vote for Solaris is a vote for Duncan Fisher!

I might mention him, but since the Solaris fights will pretty much be Goon vs. Goon (with randomly rolled turn orders) I couldn't conscience letting anyone actually be him because the pressure would be on to win and/or not kill him, and that's unfair.

Also, he'd be guaranteed an MVP.

So he'll have to settle for cameo spots.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What it Operation: Doppleganger produced multiple Duncan Fishers and we realize that since none of us know who is the original, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE?

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I would just like to throw in my vote (albeit highly delayed) for C. I'm tired of the Clans. Let's teach those Space Chinese a lesson!

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

C

Edit: Fixed broken tables. Sorry about that.

PhotoKirk fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 3, 2011

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nice mini. Always liked the Longbow. It was like Lyrans got ahold of an Archer. Diid you do that one yourself?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

PhotoKirk posted:

C

Longbows are rad. PTN should give the players a full lance of them for maximum hilarity.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Wait.

poo poo, that's right. I had forgotten about him. If Yorinaga Kurita is there, Minobu Testuhara is bound to be there as well. Maybe even Akira as well, unless he's too young. Another reason to vote for Luthien then, though I'm pretty sure it won't make that much of a difference with how the vote is going right now.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I would rather not see the Clans kill the Great Black Samurai. He's a drat hero and deserves better than what he got in canon.

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007
C is what I want to do Huzzah!

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Defiance Industries posted:

Nice mini. Always liked the Longbow. It was like Lyrans got ahold of an Archer. Diid you do that one yourself?

Yup. I used to do the LotB contests.

The -7V is a pretty bad-rear end mech.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Oh, and I just thought I'd mention, I'm not going to turn aside any unique vote.

I don't care if they registered today to vote, it still counts. Even if they're someone's sockpuppet account. Not my buisness, and I don't have the tools necessary to weed that stuff out.

All unique votes are valid.

VVV Pretty much.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 3, 2011

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Honestly, if a vote is important enough to spend 10 bucks per account just vote in a internet lets play it really is more of a problem with THEM than anything else.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PhotoKirk posted:

Yup. I used to do the LotB contests.

The -7V is a pretty bad-rear end mech.

when I bought all the minis for my 2nd Donegal assault company (Hell's Wall!!!) I ended up just calling in a favor from some fellow Lyrans so I could mail them over and have someone else paint them.

I am terrible at painting, but also kind of in a more general sense too.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Eat poo poo clanhavers :colbert:

C

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

when I bought all the minis for my 2nd Donegal assault company (Hell's Wall!!!) I ended up just calling in a favor from some fellow Lyrans so I could mail them over and have someone else paint them.

I am terrible at painting, but also kind of in a more general sense too.

I paint more than I play now. I had a shelf with all of my minis (close to 2 battalions), and it fell off the wall. Arms, legs, and weapons everywhere.

I have all of the pieces in a box in the closet. I don't have the energy to rebuild and repaint all of them.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It may be decided but I have to vote my conscience and go with A.

For the Regenborgstürzkrieg!

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

PoptartsNinja posted:

I might mention him, but since the Solaris fights will pretty much be Goon vs. Goon (with randomly rolled turn orders) I couldn't conscience letting anyone actually be him because the pressure would be on to win and/or not kill him, and that's unfair.

Also, he'd be guaranteed an MVP.

So he'll have to settle for cameo spots.

Maybe this is where he realizes he can still be relevant after his days in the cockpit are over? Perhaps the normal fight presenter is sick/got assassinated and they randomly pick Duncan Fisher, Live from (Whichever Arena We Fight In) to guest-announce the fight?

What it Operation: Doppleganger produced multiple Duncan Fishers and we realize that since none of us know who is the original, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE?

Or this. This works too.

The_Censorship_Nazi
Jan 1, 2008
Banned in over 52 nations since 1946!
Wow, hell of a lot of interesting stuff going on here. I've JUST finished reading up to this point in this LP, and I have to say, the sheer amount of insanity, awesome and epic in this (if that's not too superlative) has been aweinspiring. The Justice Foot, the tirades of La Dama Muerte, Zellbringen leading to Steiner Rules in a burning wood, a suicide raid to destroy just about everything (including a refinery with jump jets), zero-g combat on a Dropship, infectious wilderness madness to destroy characters from an awful book, and of course LONG TOM TAKING YOU DOWN WITH HIM.

Not to mention all of the awesome fan art madness - who can forget Lyran Mech Reporter vs. Bobby Atlas? Or CRAB WALKIN'?

Having virtually no experience with Battletech aside from the Mechwarrior/Mechcommander games, this is an awesome way to see it realized. It took a while to get used to all of the dice rolls and hexes, but PTN's fluff-writing abilities are really helping to sell the sheer scale of mech-on-mech combat, not to mention giving us new heroes and villains to cheer and scowl at!

Frankly, I think that we should do BOTH the A and C missions somehow, mainly because they're both pretty epic. Failing that, I think A would be my personal choice for the next mission, simply because it'd allow us to have some truly massive battles occurring.

Given the vitriol that this particular decision has engendered, tho, I may regret making a solid choice and not simply abstaining from the vote. Ah well...at least maybe I could pull out my stylus and come up with some kind of atmospheric 'mech art for you folks to have fun with. Just a problem of deciding which moment in PTN's history here to choose...

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I'd like to see the Highlanders, myself, but in the interests of anti-Clan politics, I must vote C.

Poptarts (or whatever fool takes it upon him/herself), I do not envy you having to count all these votes.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

The_Censorship_Nazi posted:

Ah well...at least maybe I could pull out my stylus and come up with some kind of atmospheric 'mech art for you folks to have fun with. Just a problem of deciding which moment in PTN's history here to choose...

If you're taking suggestions, I'd humbly suggest the crew of the Long Tom, sighting in the gun at the Thunderchild which was foolishly ignoring their presence, having just deployed the Jackboot of Evil on Tai-Sa Agaki, the gunnery crew commander having his hand held high in the air, in the moment just before he issues the order to "Give 'em hell!"

[e]You may want to take some liberties with the shape of the Long Tom.

The_Censorship_Nazi
Jan 1, 2008
Banned in over 52 nations since 1946!

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

If you're taking suggestions, I'd humbly suggest the crew of the Long Tom, sighting in the gun at the Thunderchild which was foolishly ignoring their presence, having just deployed the Jackboot of Evil on Tai-Sa Agaki, the gunnery crew commander having his hand held high in the air, in the moment just before he issues the order to "Give 'em hell!"

[e]You may want to take some liberties with the shape of the Long Tom.

Actually, the Long Tom episode is one I had thought of giving a go. It just BEGS for a comic, speech bubbles and all.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

PhotoKirk posted:

C

3rd Company Saints.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The_Censorship_Nazi posted:

Actually, the Long Tom episode is one I had thought of giving a go. It just BEGS for a comic, speech bubbles and all.

It's settled. This has to happen. :sweden:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Voting C in case it still matters.

Aesirstorm
Sep 16, 2002

NOT GAY
Dinosaur Gum
Voting A Seriously, this is the Battle of Luthien people.

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?
Don't care about the Dragons and maybe the FWL one will lead to more Melissa Steiner, which is excellent. Voting for C.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
If we fight the Battle of Luthien, think of it this way: If we win, we've dealt a heavy blow to a canon power, and things will get interesting. If we lose, we'll be dumping a boatload of salvage right into the laps of the dracs, which means we'll probably be getting more Level 2 gear. It's a win/win situation!

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Here's the other reason I voted C. Looking at PTN's map, it looks like the Hussars are trying to prevent the Capellan Confederation from closing a pocket around something. Based on where it is, I think the world of Asuncion is in the pocket and Bernardo is where this fight will be. Kallon Earthwerks and Asuncion have factories on both planets, putting out Fleas, and, more importantly, Crusaders!

According to Sarna.net, these two worlds are the ONLY source of Crusaders in the FWL. We're not just talking about the morale hit from losing a pair of planets. We're talking about the morale hit from losing access to a major, iconic, heavy mech design!

edit: Nope, turns out there's another plant on Gibson. Still, that's two out of three and losing heavy mech factories is never good.

LeschNyhan fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Nov 3, 2011

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
One of my buddies PM'd me to come in here and to vote C.

Is this another star wars lets play?

Gingoskophot
Jan 7, 2010

Tiny Head Catte
I vote C because C stands for Cool and I'm a pretty cool guy. :smugbert:

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh
C

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Voting C, not for Defiance Industries but for my favourite company.

There's no A in Quikscell.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I decided to express my feelings about big stompy robots and ponies in a little sketch. I apologize for the terribleness but I need to go to bed soon, so this is MSPaint 10-minute quality.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
:stare:

C is an interesting choice for sure, but how it can compare to a battle for the capital of one the Inner Sphere Houses, is beyond me.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Tarquinn posted:

:stare:

C is an interesting choice for sure, but how it can compare to a battle for the capital of one the Inner Sphere Houses, is beyond me.

Seriously. The Luthien battle even let's us do the chess black/white tournament setup. "Okay, you won as the Combine outnumbering the Clans. Can you also win as the Clans outnumbered by the Combine?"

Alas, now it seems the thread will never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Everyone not voting A is a terrible person.

Because you think, sure, Clantech stomps over Inner Sphere tech 1, no problem. Except, you'd be wrong.

This is a capitol world. You are sending in Clanners, yes, frontline warriors with the best omnimechs and best gear.

But you are facing defenses that you have not imagined. You are facing elite commandos who know the terrain better than you are. You are facing fanatical warriors who have literally spent years training for the worst full scale assaults that can be thrown at the world, and with nothing to do, they trained even harder. They have extensive support in the form of militia levies, hasty conscripts, and other rifraff... which they can, and will, expend on you to make you waste your ammo and watch out while you get your face torn off by elite vehicle crews and artillery barrages.

And you are facing covert operations agents, bureaucrats, and the many many people they can throw at you. You, as the Clanners, will be facing hell. IS Elites and super-Elites, 2/3s and 1/2s, with the best mechs in the Inner Sphere and no reason to hold back. This is a chance for PTN to throw his gauntlet down and play to win. If you win, you will do so not by advantages in technology or piloting skill, but by steel, balls, and strategizing harder than you have before. A capitol world will be filled with soldiers with skills sufficient to shatter even Clan Stars beneath their might. Every building will be trapped by fanatical elite infantrymen with SRM launchers and heavy rifles. Every road will rigged with spotters, waiting to drop presighted artillery into killzones. Every step you take might be the step that lands you into a trap. You might have the tools and the skills, but you just invaded hell, and Lucifer sure as poo poo isn't going to let you have this world without a hell of a fight. You will, if you win this, know that this is a victory you have earned in blood. You will be able to say, proudly, a thousand posts hence in this thread, that "I was there."

"I was there with the Hell's Horses when they laid siege to Luthien. I was there for a month of knock-down, drag-out giant robot hell." Win or lose, you will be proud of yourself, for stepping up to the plate and taking that shot. So do yourself a favor and vote A for Luthien.

MJ12 fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 3, 2011

• Locked thread