Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
So David King put bets on Lewis Taylor on the same day that some fox footy staff were made aware of the winner.

Also he dropped at least $2300 on two losing bets at the Brownlow. $1000 on Boak and $1300 on Selwood.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Saints new away jumper was revealed at the intraclub match today and it's loving beautiful.

There's a photo here: http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-02-21/intra-club-match-report

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Not enough yellow imo

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Periphery posted:

The Saints new away jumper was revealed at the intraclub match today and it's loving beautiful.

There's a photo here: http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-02-21/intra-club-match-report

Yeah that's pretty great. They used to wear a similar one, didn't they?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

gabensraum posted:

According to the all-knowing footyjumpers.com, apart from the all-white rear, the doubled up tricolour is pretty much a throwback to their first VFL-era jumper. They also had a similar design in the 1996 Centenary round.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

gabensraum posted:

Yeah we wore this one 2003 - 2005.

Probably my favourite Saints jumper.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Nutsngum posted:

I hate that jumper, because all I can see is Robert Harvey in that loving 2005 qualifying final

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Nutsngum posted:

Pretty darn swish I rkn :D

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Nutsngum posted:

Yeah that's one of my favorite guernseys of all time.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Watched a few highlights of the Eagles v IAS - Tom Lamb is basically Dyson Heppell's identical twin.

Other than that nothing of value was learnt - much like every pre-season game ever.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

NTRabbit posted:

I hate that jumper, because all I can see is Robert Harvey in that loving 2005 qualifying final

that was such a loving good team :negative:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

TG-Chrono posted:

So Paul Little sold his equity in Toll I guess? He's 300+mil richer and now the cultists are chanting.

https://twitter.com/EssendonEGM/status/568635372529258496

:negative:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
The idea that Essendon would form a new league is laughable simply for the fact that it would mean giving up their 16 premierships stat.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Expel Essendon, re-admit Fitzroy.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Essendon already have their own league and it's full of washed up ex-AFL pill heads

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

PEDFL

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

The Deadly Hume posted:

Expel Essendon, re-admit University.
ftfy

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/push-to-block-top-six-from-signing-free-agents-20150222-13lk45.html

This could help even the playing field. FA is very much a "rich get richer" type of thing at the moment.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Hey MUYB, can you repost your dumb toxxes about your dumb team again. TIA

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

TG-Chrono posted:

Hey MUYB, can you repost your dumb toxxes about your dumb team again. TIA

:toxx: if Melbourne lose the Queens Birthday match I will adopt a Collingwood themed avatar and title until the end of the home and away season.
:toxx: if Melbourne finish below collingwood on the ladder I will adopt a collingwood themed avatar and title from the time Melbourne can mathematically no longer finish above Collingwood until the first game of the 2016 home and away season
:toxx::toxx::toxx: if Melbourne finish the regular season with 16 or fewer premiership points I will do a banme thread and never return to SomethingAwful

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Testekill posted:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/push-to-block-top-six-from-signing-free-agents-20150222-13lk45.html

This could help even the playing field. FA is very much a "rich get richer" type of thing at the moment.

Restricting a third of the comp seems a bit like overkill, perhaps the top 4 is a sweeter spot but I agree with the idea. It doesn't seem right for the top clubs to be able to cherry pick the best players away from the poorer performing clubs and be able to remain on top, even with draft concessions.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Gough Suppressant posted:

:toxx::toxx::toxx: if Melbourne finish the regular season with 16 or fewer premiership points I will do a banme thread and never return to SomethingAwful

I kinda hope Melbourne have 3 wins going into the final round and end up drawing the last game...

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

pkid posted:

I kinda hope Melbourne have 3 wins going into the final round and end up drawing the last game...

if we had 3 wins I'd already be gone, needs to be above 16 points.

3.5 wins going into round 23 is what you're looking for.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I think Melbourne will get at least eight wins this year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say melbourne will be worse than everyone except st kilda.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Dees have GWS, Dogs and Saints twice.
You'd think they'd pick up 3 wins out of those 6 games.

Means you need to find 2 more wins. 1 could come against Carlton. Maybe Essendon (depends on what side runs out). Freo are probably on the slide this year and you'll get two cracks at them.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Volkerball posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say melbourne will be worse than everyone except st kilda.

Thats a pretty long limb, mind the fall.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Volkerball posted:

Don't do that, now MUYB will want to do a Toxx for that statement

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nutsngum posted:

Thats a pretty long limb, mind the fall.

I know it. Taking it up a notch.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

You Am I posted:

Don't do that, now MUYB will want to do a Toxx for that statement

I'm escalating toxxes. Finishing above the saints is so 2014, collingwood or bust

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What should I do if the Suns don't make the 8?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Volkerball posted:

What should I do if the Suns don't make the 8?

Do what your avatar is doing :v:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

pkid posted:

Restricting a third of the comp seems a bit like overkill, perhaps the top 4 is a sweeter spot but I agree with the idea. It doesn't seem right for the top clubs to be able to cherry pick the best players away from the poorer performing clubs and be able to remain on top, even with draft concessions.

Yeah, the sweet spot should be top four. I mean it's bullshit that a contracted player can just go "trade me to this top four team or I'm leaving when my contract is up" and free agency raises the same problem.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I'm very much in agreement over the FA changes, I would hate for the footy to wind up like european soccer with a handful of mega clubs dominating everything. Dull as dogshit. If Dangerfield leaves for Geelong at the end of this year I'm going to feel a wee bit ashamed to support them.

Melbourne should be far less lovely this year imo. I can't see the Giants or the Saints crawling off the bottom but I'm just getting the feeling a lot of the dead wood has been cleared out.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

pkid posted:

Dees have GWS, Dogs and Saints twice.
You'd think they'd pick up 3 wins out of those 6 games.

Means you need to find 2 more wins. 1 could come against Carlton. Maybe Essendon (depends on what side runs out). Freo are probably on the slide this year and you'll get two cracks at them.

while everyone expects the dees to be better, you would also expect the giants, dogs and saints would also get better. plus the giants had us beat easily last year and we've had problems against the dogs midfield as well. that said, the main focus from roos has been to lock down in defense first and foremost to stop the floggings which worked for most of the season and you would expect that trend to continue. the backline looks good and plays as a cohesive group, and we've added a lot of depth to the midfield in the off-season. the big problem last year was the forward line with most of our first choice starters in an already weak forward group either injured for all or most of the season, or required elsewhere on the field (like howe).

one of the more frustrating things about petrecca going down with a knee was that he would have been perfect to go in as a third tall forward option and help spread the load amongst our other key forwards, given we've basically only got dawes (whos ineffective), hogan (yet to play a game), fitzpatrick (ruckman who still cant run out a game) and gawn (whos effective as a deep forward but is also being groomed for no. 1 ruck duties post jamar). outside of the key forwards things arent too bad, with a bit of luck garlett can add some value and jkh won't suffer second year blues and kent can keep up his positive form from last year. lumumba might also free up howe to head back to the forward line at times as well.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

For the cellar dwellers to get up some of the middling (or even finals) teams have to fall away.

Sometimes it's a bit hard to pick them, but I look at a list like Collingwood's and they still have some name players but they might be on the decline and the up-and-comers aren't good enough to hold things together. And Buckley is a bad coach.

One thing Melbourne managed to do last year was to stop getting blown away by the opposition attack (even if they were still bad at scoring themselves), so if they can build on those gains and get a workable forward-line system they should at least improve on last year. Which makes it a real blow that Petracca's out because he would've been part of it, as you said.

Melbourne will probably still lose more than they win but if they can get in that middle bunch, who knows.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I think you're being a bit hard on Dawes, yes he's only really a #2 tall but he's doing an admirable job of carrying the can in possibly the most difficult position in football.

Where is the new thread

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I think we should use this thread for this season as well.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Pre season cup starts this weekend yeah? He's got 4 days otherwise I vote to roll over 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'm assuming chrono is doing the finishing touches now after losing five pages of text, since he asked me to repost my toxx for inclusion

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 23, 2015

• Locked thread