Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Miss Wallace posted:

All of Baywatch is oddly homoerotic.

That Ironman episode was very weird. Did Baywatch just not know what homoerotic tension was? Did they not know that Garner lovingly filming Hasselhoff's arse might be a bit suspect?
I'm sure I've asked this question before but do gay people exist in the Baywatching universe at all? Can't wait for some undoubtably sweet homophobia from Mitch, hey-o!

oh my god I've just realised - if there are gay people on Baywatch, Mitch would naturally assume that they were attracted to him and wouldn't stop going on about how they were checking him out.

Holy poo poo, everyone in Tower of Power has incredible hair. And those two montage dudes were definitely about to make out. What the hell is going on with Baywatch and its blazing homoeroticism? I've seen actually gay stuff that's less gay than this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sage just put up a video for Ghost in the Shell: Innocence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJtqtfluaiw

And Kyle did Ran for his Shakespeare Month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwRg3x2mAAM

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 31, 2016

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

HBomberGuy put up a video about Undertale https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E-0sjkDnkc

I've never played Undertale, but I enjoyed this video very much.

EDIT: To fix my foolishness.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 1, 2016

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
Moviebob wanted to do something similar to What Culture's Rebooking videos, but with movies. His first episode is about Batman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndlUs-Hd87I

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Infamous Sphere posted:

That Ironman episode was very weird. Did Baywatch just not know what homoerotic tension was? Did they not know that Garner lovingly filming Hasselhoff's arse might be a bit suspect?
I'm sure I've asked this question before but do gay people exist in the Baywatching universe at all? Can't wait for some undoubtably sweet homophobia from Mitch, hey-o!

oh my god I've just realised - if there are gay people on Baywatch, Mitch would naturally assume that they were attracted to him and wouldn't stop going on about how they were checking him out.

Holy poo poo, everyone in Tower of Power has incredible hair. And those two montage dudes were definitely about to make out. What the hell is going on with Baywatch and its blazing homoeroticism? I've seen actually gay stuff that's less gay than this!

Naive celebration of masculinity always ends up way gayer than gay stuff. The Hoff isn't even aware enough of the consequences of his narcissism to give out a "no homo" like a soldier who just flicked his buddy in the dick (this could be a US-specific analogy).

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Infamous Sphere posted:

Mitch and Garner is my favorite couple on Baywatch!

You did ask that question before, and from what I recall, there are no overtly gay characters on Baywatch proper. There's an episode about AIDS where I'm sure the character is implied to be gay, but it's not stated. Baywatch Nights has an episode set around drag queens, so there's that.

Also Baywatch hosts the Special Olympics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6FlXIVMifE

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Karloff posted:

HBomberGuy put up a video about Undertale https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjWWuUDtSaE

I've never played Undertale, but I enjoyed this video very much.

This video is also cool and important but I think you linked the wrong one.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

prahanormal posted:

This video is also cool and important but I think you linked the wrong one.

Ha ha thanks (this could have been way more embarrassing), fixed it now.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder how long Brad's latest Cinema Snob video will stay up.

Well...

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I don't want anybody else. When I think about this song I...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-QD_Vw_w2A

...have to sing along because goddamn do I love it.

Todd One Hit Wonderlands "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

dijon du jour posted:

I don't want anybody else. When I think about this song I...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-QD_Vw_w2A

...have to sing along because goddamn do I love it.

Todd One Hit Wonderlands "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls.

The Divinyls were such a good band, "All the Boys in Town" is legit one of my favourite tracks of the 80's because Chrissy performed it with such intensity.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Welp, looks like YouTube is removes monetization from videos if someone is doing something as simple as swearing in them.

The death of angry reviewers on YouTube? :v:

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I can't see this going forward too far, because all it's going to take is one big YouTuber happening to get targeted and it's going to become a PR nightmare.

Of course, we'll have to wait for that to happen by accident, because YouTube is pretty infamous for not giving a gently caress if major channels break their rules; and Google AdSense had that thing a while back where it came out that their whole business model was keeping the tippy-top earners happy while doing everything possible to screw over smalltime revenue earners so they could minimize the amount of money they were actually paying out.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
rip pewdiepie?

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

lol no, they'll know well enough to leave the titans alone; this is going to be a cudgel used against the ones making enough money to cut into their profits, but aren't big enough to raise a stink people will smell.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

rip pewdiepie?

He already got kicked off twitter for being ISIS so we can pray.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Wasn't Spoony geting way more than $1.500 on his Patreon? What happend?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Yaws posted:

Nothing. Absolutely nothing happened at all.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yaws posted:

Nothing, no seriously absolutely nothing, he did nothing, responded to no one and now squandered a salary most Patreon users would offer their first born for.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Yaws posted:

He has had, does have, and will continue to have, depression and "other symptoms" that prevents him from making content that isn't twitter slap fights and streaming. The vast majority of his payers assumed (rightfully) that he would make his skit driven reviews of games and movies and well... he hasn't.

I'm not going to poo poo on him for legit having depression but it seems every month he goes on about something else wrong that he is seeing a doctor for that makes me question if its actually legit.

E: Oh and from when he was doing video updates his attitude probably didn't endear his patrons. He would upload videos about movies that were often longer then the movie itself and decided the best way to answer criticism was to be condescending and say "Look I'm going to talk for a while, I got things to say".

Leal fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 1, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

DStecks posted:

NCG just put out two new videos:
snip

That 'transition' 1 minute into his Baldur's Gate video is baffling even by his production standards :psyduck:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Tracula posted:

I know it's beating a dead horse because it gets brought up any time NCG posts a video (and I'm usually the one to say it too) but I sincerely wish he'd up his production values. A better camera, microphone, and some editing would go a -huge- way. Don't get me wrong I still love his videos even if they're always pretty much over an hour. The very start of this video, once again the editing is awful. He's talking to the camera and a fade in to gameplay does a really poor transition and the volume goes up significantly too.
New patreon goal: camera made after 2005 and not attached to either a laptop or phone.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Jack Gladney posted:

Naive celebration of masculinity always ends up way gayer than gay stuff. The Hoff isn't even aware enough of the consequences of his narcissism to give out a "no homo" like a soldier who just flicked his buddy in the dick (this could be a US-specific analogy).

Oh I'm well aware.
Analogy-wise, I'm also now a bit more..immersed in military culture than I was six weeks ago, owing to me doing an episode on a terrible comic about Don't Ask Don't Tell. That led me down a bit of a military rabbit hole and ruined my recommendations everywhere - Youtube now recommends me "WAR" and I keep getting promoted tweets from the Australian Defence Force.

Oh and I also recently watched a glorious and terrible movie about gay navy pilots - yes, it was Top Gun taken to its logical conclusion - so look forward to a review on that when I get the chance! (I suddenly picked up a lot more work at work.)

Miss Wallace posted:

Mitch and Garner is my favorite couple on Baywatch!

You did ask that question before, and from what I recall, there are no overtly gay characters on Baywatch proper.

Yeah, sorry, I've got kind of a one-track mind.

I cracked up at the "OH NOOOO" [me: a comedian] bit. It's hard to make jokes about media that includes sensitive topics!

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The 50th episode of Chrontendo has been released.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

The biggest winner from Yoitube's new rules is Pateron. Anyone who isn't like...Game Grumps level is switching over to Pateron for their revenue.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

The Divinyls were such a good band, "All the Boys in Town" is legit one of my favourite tracks of the 80's because Chrissy performed it with such intensity.

I had no idea she'd passed away.

Sage's latest also makes me appreciate Innocence more. It's a much better movie on a rewatch.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Leal posted:

He has had, does have, and will continue to have, depression and "other symptoms" that prevents him from making content that isn't twitter slap fights and streaming. The vast majority of his payers assumed (rightfully) that he would make his skit driven reviews of games and movies and well... he hasn't.

I'm not going to poo poo on him for legit having depression but it seems every month he goes on about something else wrong that he is seeing a doctor for that makes me question if its actually legit.

E: Oh and from when he was doing video updates his attitude probably didn't endear his patrons. He would upload videos about movies that were often longer then the movie itself and decided the best way to answer criticism was to be condescending and say "Look I'm going to talk for a while, I got things to say".

The thing too is he was doing upwards of 40 posts a day on Twitter which is more than some spam bots even, all basically the same thing either complaining about wrestling or Trump. So as kinda said earlier it's literally nothing that's made his Patreon tank so hard. His Firing Line video is still blocked in the USA too so his last watchable review is back from February.

Honestly the most interesting thing he's done is he hasn't posted on Twitter for about four or five days now that I look which I don't think has happened in years. So here's hoping he's still okay.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BigRed0427 posted:

The biggest winner from Yoitube's new rules is Pateron. Anyone who isn't like...Game Grumps level is switching over to Pateron for their revenue.

As an aside, someone on the WoW development team is a Game Grumps fan. All three have named NPC's in a town on the Broken Isles (the continent for the new expansion, Legion). They're just standing NPC's in Bradensbrook in Val'Sharah. It was an odd thing to happen across.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Yaws posted:

Way more? You mean like over $5,000 per month? Yes, that happened. The goal for $5,000 p.m. was a Spoony Movie. Yeah, that was realistic. His patreon is basically fraud now. Sad for everyone. :(

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Tracula posted:

I know it's beating a dead horse because it gets brought up any time NCG posts a video (and I'm usually the one to say it too) but I sincerely wish he'd up his production values. A better camera, microphone, and some editing would go a -huge- way. Don't get me wrong I still love his videos even if they're always pretty much over an hour. The very start of this video, once again the editing is awful. He's talking to the camera and a fade in to gameplay does a really poor transition and the volume goes up significantly too.

I offered to master his audio for him, but he doesn't want people to work for him for free. Which I can respect but I love the guy's work and wish there was just a little less stuff for other viewers to have to look past.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Can we all just agree that NCG is the actual coolest guy on the internet? Schmucks like me record videos in front of nerd paraphernalia and edit in attempts at looking like professional graphics; he's got vintage 1970's music equipment and is just like "Imma write the titlecard on paper, because then I can light that bastard on fire". And honest to a fault in all his dealings. And making the flat-out best video game related content on YouTube. Noah Caldwell-Gervais is that high school teacher that people make a point of staying in contact with years after the fact.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DStecks posted:

Can we all just agree that NCG is the actual coolest guy on the internet? Schmucks like me record videos in front of nerd paraphernalia and edit in attempts at looking like professional graphics; he's got vintage 1970's music equipment and is just like "Imma write the titlecard on paper, because then I can light that bastard on fire". And honest to a fault in all his dealings. And making the flat-out best video game related content on YouTube. Noah Caldwell-Gervais is that high school teacher that people make a point of staying in contact with years after the fact.

some people just don't understand lo-fi

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

DStecks posted:

NCG's on-camera aesthetic is really great, though I also appreciate that it's such a small part of his videos.

I would really dig another travel log video. I don't think I've ever wanted to take a big road trip more than when I finished hearing his tale of driving around the American West with his buddy in a car that could barely go up a small hill by the end.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Way more? You mean like over $5,000 per month? Yes, that happened. The goal for $5,000 p.m. was a Spoony Movie. Yeah, that was realistic. His patreon is basically fraud now. Sad for everyone. :(

Looking at his lack of recent output, I wonder if the people still contributing to his Patreon just forgot that they're doing so.

Unless they're doing it out of pity.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Infamous Sphere posted:

I cracked up at the "OH NOOOO" [me: a comedian] bit. It's hard to make jokes about media that includes sensitive topics!

I got quite a few comments from people like "Hur hur, how's the Special Olympics episode??" and like....man, I was worried about how to handle it. It was less good than I remembered (I watched all of these streaming, so there are some things I didn't pay attention to), but overall it really was not a badly done episode. Really corny for sure, but I feel like it was a nice message and they were pretty harmless with it. Kinda wish the kid who'd played Darnel was also special needs like the girl who played Sammy, but I don't feel like they were ever disrespectful.

The next episode, Jeremy Jackson tries to shoehorn his music career into the show and Mitch daydreams about David Hasselhoff concerts!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

While I'd like to be sensitive to someone who is suffering from depression and can't get work done, it's hard to do so when he's still being paid money to put out content while he isn't doing so

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Yaws posted:

Looking at his lack of recent output, I wonder if the people still contributing to his Patreon just forgot that they're doing so.

Unless they're doing it out of pity.

If you look at the grapheon ( https://graphtreon.com/creator/spoonyexperiment ) you see that people's standing orders expire at the end of a month a some of them re-subscribe but less and less every month. Looks like by Xmas it will plateau at 300 supporters/$1,200.

Augus posted:

While I'd like to be sensitive to someone who is suffering from depression and can't get work done, it's hard to do so when he's still being paid money to put out content while he isn't doing so

Yeah. From people around me I know depression/BPD is brutal. :(

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Augus posted:

unfortunately from my experience, people suffering from depression don't think about that sort of thing logically, there's just a deep pit of shame and they shut themselves away from the world and hope everyone just forgets

not saying that means people should give him slack or anything, you shouldn't ever condone that behaviour, just providing some insight I suppose

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
New Loose Canon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB0vMwAUqI

Also, the next couple of videos are going to be executive decisions, which I assume means All Transformers, all the time.

e X fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jim Sterling does some digging and finds some rather insane information on Square Enix's meddling with Mankind Divided.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVbj4GuuZTA

Seriously, 70 million dollars CAD? That's the least of the bizarre poo poo he's found out.

• Locked thread