Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I made pasta primavera with the veggies I had on hand, fortunately my stomach doesn't have the tism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
"we're solving obesity by selling a thing which already exists in a zillion cheaper forms that also doesn't really affect obesity"

barf, i'm glad rhys darby is getting paid to hawk a thing but the thing is pretty awful

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

jesus

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Thesoro posted:

"we're solving obesity by selling a thing which already exists in a zillion cheaper forms that also doesn't really affect obesity"

barf, i'm glad rhys darby is getting paid to hawk a thing but the thing is pretty awful

don't forget this metal thing has no bpa in it

it also has no cellulose or other things that aren't metal in it

still this is just a way of liberating money from dumb hipsters so i'm fine with it

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

would you try to fix a car with leftover parts in your toolbox? would you a frame a house with the random scraps of lumber remaining from your last project?

for some reason cooking is supposed to be wizardry, creating something from nothing while flying by the seat of your pants. in all other crafts, people expect you to plan ahead, choose inputs appropriately, and measure twice / cut once.

i like how we're comparing a 3x a day activity to a 3x a year one and going ballistic that the prep and planning isn't on the same order of magnitude

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
if you gently caress up a single meal, it's not just a sub-par experience for 20 minutes, it's much more akin to having a persistently drafty house or a car that will literally kill you

really though, if your kitchen isn't ISO 13485 certified with the ability to tell what sous chef picked which piece of lettuce off a particular plate you're kidding yourself

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

i like how we're comparing a 3x a day activity to a 3x a year one and going ballistic that the prep and planning isn't on the same order of magnitude

car parts are designed and made with skilled labor, i don't think these potatoes even went to middle school

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

JawnV6 posted:

if you gently caress up a single meal, it's not just a sub-par experience for 20 minutes, it's much more akin to having a persistently drafty house or a car that will literally kill you

really though, if your kitchen isn't ISO 13485 certified with the ability to tell what sous chef picked which piece of lettuce off a particular plate you're kidding yourself

my kitchen manufactures medical devices? :aaaaa:

brb going to get some seed money

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
please stop engaging the foodmech, thank

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Thesoro posted:

the "drink X glasses of water for -insert magical health benefits here-" pitch just refuses to die.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i eat food

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

since when did it become a thing to need to carry a giant bottle of water everywhere you go? do these people think they're going to die if they don't have a sip of water literally every 2 minutes?

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Sweevo posted:

since when did it become a thing to need to carry a giant bottle of water everywhere you go? do these people think they're going to die if they don't have a sip of water literally every 2 minutes?

we've been trained to constantly be putting something in our mouths

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sweevo posted:

I carry a water bottle in my bag if i'm wandering around town, mostly because it's my water bottle for biking and i bike everywhere anyway

at work i just use my coffee mug

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Verdafolio posted:

we've been trained to constantly be putting something in our mouths

my high school years would have been infinitely better if this was the case

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1841853819/avalonplay-join-the-revolution?ref=category

I'm sure this won't turn into a shitshow, if it ever happens.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

meet hot half-elf singles in YOUR area

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

the "drink X glasses of water for -insert magical health benefits here-" pitch just refuses to die.

if I don't drink 8 glasses of water a day I will have seizures and maybe die, so what now

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

538 did a good piece on it tho

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sweevo posted:

Is there ever a bad time to have some water I mean honestly

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

im
12 News &
The Arizona Republic
A GANNETT COMPANY

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Elder Postsman posted:

well to be honest it was kind of an exaggeration, i just use a scrubby brush and water and then wipe some oil on it and then put it on the biggest burner on my stove on high until it's smoking.

oh :smith:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

that gamer social network thing makes me hate that gifs have become " a thing"

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

I saw nothing in here that isn't already done in Steam

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Nintendo Kid posted:

Is there ever a bad time to have some water I mean honestly
hold you're wee, for a wii

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol if this were actually good, it wouldn't need kickstarter

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

JawnV6 posted:

i like how we're comparing a

i like how that too, jawn :xd:

Sham bam bamina! posted:

hold you're wee, for a wii

:dies:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

posting this solely for the video:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/767913598/the-bladeshieldtm-park-your-car-with-peace-of-mind

finally, a way to view text files on the go:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/usermac/contact-dashboard-the-no-internet-internet

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Proteus4994 posted:

my high school years would have been infinitely better if this was the case

shoulda gone to an inner-city high school

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J7GpVQCfms
according to their site they aren't currently doing crowdfunding but they are taking donations and have supposedly raised like 140k eur, probably from people who think it's a preorder and definitely from people who don't realize this will not exist

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

so they wore a jawbone up and overlaid an android screenshot

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
GREETINGS!

Read below for the latest OUYA-DEV-centric news fit to email.

TL;DR - HAPPY NEW YEAR! We’ll review game submissions during the holiday break. Submit to EGW by January 10. Read one dev’s experience developing a #1 UK iOS game. Learn how to grab screenshots of your OUYA game. Spread the word about upcoming game launches with pre-release vouchers. Integrate Community Content into your game. Hang out with us on Twitch and join us for the next Office Hours on January 5, 2015.

HAPPY NEW YEAR HOLIDAY HOURS

We’ll be scaling back our review hours in anticipation of the upcoming holiday season, but we’ll still be testing out your game submissions to DISCOVER. We’ll also be here for customer and dev inquiries, but our response times may be slightly delayed. Happy New Year!

SUBMIT TO EXPERIMENTAL GAMEPLAY WORKSHOP BY JANUARY 10

EGW is back! Since 2002, EGW has showcased and recognized experimental game-design projects. Click here for a direct link to the application.

For rules on submission, click here. You’ll need to submit a playable prototype that meets a “what is experimental” list of requirements. The EGW submissions board are particularly interested in “unexpected, generative, emergent, interactive, innovative and novel” gameplay experiences.

DEV DIARY: A DARK ROOM ON iOS

Amir Rajan published a thorough writeup on his development process for A Dark Room. It reads like a diary (because it kinda is), and it spans the length of his entire project.

From picking a dev environment, to exploring his own creativity, to getting to know the games industry, to hitting #1 on the UK iOS App Store, to examining the sometimes stark reality of budgets, Amir’s blog makes for an enlightening read.

GRAB ANDROID SCREENSHOTS TO YOUR COMPUTER VIA ADB

Android Engineer Sergei Shvetsov published a blogpost that will help you take screenshots of your OUYA game. All you need is your OUYA, a Micro USB cable and your trusty computer.

Read his blog entry here, and scroll to the bottom to find his conclusion — which you can cut/paste into your command line if you have ADB in your path.

Screenshots are great for showing off elements of your game in DETAILS pages on DISCOVER. You can also use screenshots to spread the word about your OUYA game to friends, family, the press, fellow devs or anybody else you can think of.

PREP YOUR OUYA GAME RELEASE WITH PRE-LAUNCH VOUCHERS

Wanna share your OUYA game with the media before you hit the PUBLISH button? Reach out to us at officehours@ouya.tv, and show us what you’ve got! Pre-release codes may be right for your project!

Pre-release codes work similarly to vouchers. Send them to members of the press or even members of your team for some on-console testing.

ENABLE CREATORS WITH “COMMUNITY CONTENT”

Have you looked into Community Content (CC) yet? With CC, you can allow your users to create content in your game and upload it to the OUYA servers. From there, your game can request all of the content and display it for other users to download. We can also feature CC content in DISCOVER.

It's basically a system for user-generated content that we hope to keep growing over the next set of updates.

We're excited to see how devs end up using it. It can be for custom levels, characters, hats, weapons, powerups or even just text! You can enable your users to create and share just about anything.

We’ve included a sample app in the new ODK — so you can see how it works and how to set everything up in your own game. It’s easy!

Here’s a link to the documentation.

If you have any questions, send us an email at officehours@ouya.tv.

WATCH OUYA ON TWITCH

After the holiday, we’ll be back at twitch.tv/playouya on Tuesday, January 6, 2015.

Click the link above and make sure you follow our channel. When we go live, you’ll get a friendly email as soon as we’re on!

DEV SUPPORT OFFICE HOURS

Our next DEV SUPPORT OFFICE HOURS is scheduled for Monday, January 5, 2015 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PST.

We’ll talk about all things OUYA Development — from design to coding to publishing and beyond!

Watch past OFFICE HOURS and other cool stuff on the OUYA YouTube page.

Can’t make it to the live stream? Send us a question and we’ll answer it on the show at officehours@ouya.tv!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

according to their site they aren't currently doing crowdfunding but they are taking donations and have supposedly raised like 140k eur, probably from people who think it's a preorder and definitely from people who don't realize this will not exist

Supported skin tones: white, whiteish, sort of white

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

like they don't even try to hide that it's complete bullshit

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

kickstarter has disrupted the snake oil marketplace

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

worth the watch, but this is "worthless kickstarters"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

idgi how do those do anything

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/423729566/inflatable-bowl-pants

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Sweevo posted:

it's a sports medicine thing where some scientist found out that pro athletes didn't perform optimally if they were even a tiny bit dehydrated. this spread to lots of people thinking it was healthy to drink water all day every day.

it's actually causing incontinence in young women

some doctor posted:

But there are few simple things women can do to lower risk, including changing two common habits. For one thing, Nygaard says, she sees too many of her patients lugging around one-liter bottles of water. This trend makes it more likely that women will drink too much water, leading to what doctors call urge incontinence, a condition that may exacerbate incontinence due to other causes. "If you are on the verge of having leakage and you are drinking three or four times more water than you need, then you are going to urinate three or four more times than you need to," she says.
http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1841691,00.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Pro click.

• Locked thread