Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

i say swears online posted:

Yeah I'm detoxing at the moment to have a shot at okay jobs because I'm not having much luck with very good jobs that pay double and don't test

Tech interviewers have brought up their weed habit when speaking to me lol

I've had some tech jobs require drug testing, but its always been when its a not tech company hiring for a tech job there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/dick_nixon/status/1195077168872734720

When you keep the grift going :discourse:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Dameius posted:

I've had some tech jobs require drug testing, but its always been when its a not tech company hiring for a tech job there.

Samsung required drug testing for engineer direct hires

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

For job interviews just use Quick Fix. They don’t watch you pee at that level of test and it’s super easy if you pay attention to the temperature.

More difficult if it’s a random one though.

This. I don't remember what brand I used, but the fake urine is chemically identical to real urine so as long as the temp is correct they can't tell. They can only watch you pee for court ordered/probation drug tests. Heat it up in the microwave, wrap it with some chemical hand warmers, stuff it in your underwear, and you are good to go.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My roommate in college bought a whizzinator, that fake dick thing, because he was going into teaching and was afraid he'd get drug tested. Turns out he state of Texas doesn't drug test, for teachers at least, so he basically bought a limp dick strapon

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1195107344172113922

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 14, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

limp dick strapon

Good user name imho

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Captain Monkey posted:

For job interviews just use Quick Fix. They don’t watch you pee at that level of test and it’s super easy if you pay attention to the temperature.

Oil/Gas and Chem ghouls often do follicle testing

ReidRansom posted:

The drug testing donut hole will never stop being sadly hilarious to me.

oh god I don't know what this is either, I'm just extremely uncool now

is this what getting old is like

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Marxalot posted:

oh god I don't know what this is either, I'm just extremely uncool now

is this what getting old is like

Very bad jobs and very good jobs for the most part don't give a gently caress. Maybe donut hole isn't the right word. Gap. Whatever. It's only folks in the middle that have to worry about that.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

zoux posted:

My roommate in college bought a whizzinator, that fake dick thing, because he was going into teaching and was afraid he'd get drug tested. Turns out he state of Texas doesn't drug test, for teachers at least, so he basically bought a limp dick strap on

I know a guy who got busted using a whizzinator and violated his probation because he borrowed his roommates. He was white and the roommate was black.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

D-Pad posted:

I know a guy who got busted using a whizzinator and violated his probation because he borrowed his roommates. He was white and the roommate was black.

He sounds like a winner.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Lol.

And donut hole would probably be the right term to use. It's already used in talking about Medicare coverage for stuff.

I can see drug testing in very very specific and limited cases, but about a solid 99% of drug testing is straight horse poo poo. I got tested to work at an AT&T call center and why the hell they thkught that'd help their staffing no one will ever know.

Also gently caress companies that do credit checks on new hires.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Lol the HR rep was hilarious about that. "Once I tell you our offer you will have two weeks to get a drug test done. So just... let me know within the next month when that will work for you."

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Dameius posted:

Also gently caress companies that do credit checks on new hires.

I recently got a promotion at work and during the hiring process I had to submit to a credit check. I passed I guess because I got the job, but I did not loving appreciate calls a couple days later offering to consolidate my credit card debt. Thanks for selling my info assholes.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Shifty Pony posted:

Lol the HR rep was hilarious about that. "Once I tell you our offer you will have two weeks to get a drug test done. So just... let me know within the next month when that will work for you."

Oh yeah I forgot you worked there

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Dameius posted:

I can see drug testing in very very specific and limited cases, but about a solid 99% of drug testing is straight horse poo poo. I got tested to work at an AT&T call center and why the hell they thkught that'd help their staffing no one will ever know.

Drug testing is 100% bullshit for virtually any job because what you do on your own time shouldn't matter, The only things I'm even remotely sympathetic testing for are like truck drivers and pilots and similar jobs. Until we can figure out a way to on the spot test AND that test actually correlates to an impairment of mental/physical faculties they probably can't stop testing for those types of jobs.

But for like an accountant or IT or retail or whatever who the gently caress cares if you like to get blitzed on the weekend?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1195109743888613376?s=20

good luck with that my man

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1195114419635851265?s=20

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Drug testing is 100% bullshit for virtually any job because what you do on your own time shouldn't matter, The only things I'm even remotely sympathetic testing for are like truck drivers and pilots and similar jobs. Until we can figure out a way to on the spot test AND that test actually correlates to an impairment of mental/physical faculties they probably can't stop testing for those types of jobs.

But for like an accountant or IT or retail or whatever who the gently caress cares if you like to get blitzed on the weekend?

I agree with you, but I think a lot of businesses thinking is not " we only want people who don't do drugs" and more "we dont want you if you can't stop long enough to pass a test". Somebody who can't stop long enough to get a job is probably a poo poo employee.

It's stupid for 99% ot jobs like you said

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

something something intersectional fascism

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Marxalot posted:

Oil/Gas and Chem ghouls often do follicle testing

RIP

D-Pad posted:

I agree with you, but I think a lot of businesses thinking is not " we only want people who don't do drugs" and more "we dont want you if you can't stop long enough to pass a test". Somebody who can't stop long enough to get a job is probably a poo poo employee.

It's stupid for 99% ot jobs like you said

Weed can be detected in your urine for like 60 days if you smoke 3 times a week and are fat and unlucky with the way your body metabolizes it. Longer if you’re an every day smoker.

Coke, is gone in like 72 hours even if you’re doing it all day every day.

Meth is gone in 24 hours.

Heroin is gone in 48 hours.

MDMA is around 72 hours as well.

LSD is detectable pretty much only while you are actively tripping.

It’s not a matter of being unable to stop, but of it taking forever and a day for this one specific drug to get out of your system even with use that’s on par with going out drinking a few times a week, a thing that’s totally accepted and normal with alcohol. But this is absolutely a derail, so I won’t keep posting my stoner outrage anymore. Sorry.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Captain Monkey posted:

yeah i had one in my fridge for maybe a year until it expired. i'm just treading water budget-wise now though, so quitting altogether is the prudent choice no matter how much it sucks

goddamn i gotta learn sql sooner rather than later

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Captain Monkey posted:

RIP

Weed can be detected in your urine for like 60 days if you smoke 3 times a week and are fat and unlucky with the way your body metabolizes it. Longer if you’re an every day smoker.

Coke, is gone in like 72 hours even if you’re doing it all day every day.

Meth is gone in 24 hours.

Heroin is gone in 48 hours.

MDMA is around 72 hours as well.

LSD is detectable pretty much only while you are actively tripping.

It’s not a matter of being unable to stop, but of it taking forever and a day for this one specific drug to get out of your system even with use that’s on par with going out drinking a few times a week, a thing that’s totally accepted and normal with alcohol. But this is absolutely a derail, so I won’t keep posting my stoner outrage anymore. Sorry.

See, I always keep hearing about weed's longevity, so I decided to do a little non-scientific experiment. I don't really smoke alot of weed, but after one time (e-liquid smuggled in from Washington I believe) I decided to see what pee tests would say. THC went away after a few days but what was interesting was that PCP was in there, and was there for 2 weeks at least.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

drat homie I didn’t know you like to get wet

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

See, I always keep hearing about weed's longevity, so I decided to do a little non-scientific experiment. I don't really smoke alot of weed, but after one time (e-liquid smuggled in from Washington I believe) I decided to see what pee tests would say. THC went away after a few days but what was interesting was that PCP was in there, and was there for 2 weeks at least.

Weed builds up in your system because of the way it’s stored. If you only smoke rarely it’s also back to 48-72 hours until clear.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/kbrad5/status/1195399691946647552

I'm afraid this will be the .....wurst fest of them yet

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Well now where will I buy meat on a stick

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

TropicalCoke posted:

Well now where will I buy meat on a stick

Is the Texas Renaissance Festival still going on?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/alweaver22/status/1195411899984289794

"The congressman stuck a banana in his ear. When asked for comment he said 'I can't hear you, I have a banana in my ear'"

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

I'm afraid this will be the .....wurst fest of them yet

Boooo! Get off the stage!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I never sausage rudeness!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1195465360683753472?s=21

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/nickschumaker/status/1195534038662037504?s=21

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1195724739303620608?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

more like "the boarder makes america great" and it's muhammad atta

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/sorayathepariah/status/1195847520808628224

Really letting the side down Dallas.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Powerfully cursed

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Thank you for sharing that. It made my day.

There are at least as many cops protecting them as there are attendees. Hilarious.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/jaxalemany/status/1196203567029325825?s=21

This is gonna be hilarious

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
What is that dude doing in new hampshire. Is he running in 2020

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There is no constituency for this paleo/moderate conservative bullshit. The NYT editorial board gets the same number of votes per person as everyone else.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/cristinafortx/status/1196489321676759041

"We're the new front-runner*"

* where we are only ahead by less than a percent in a poll with a nearly 5% margin of error and all the candidates are in single-digits

But in all seriousness, this is probably a Good Thing(tm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
And no other latinx in that poll