Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Dude, they're introducing a TIME TRAVELER in the next X flick. She'll find a way to "now."

For a moment I was confused, and you were talking about Deadpool 2. Time Travel and Space, two hallmarks of late X-men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Are they saving "Thunderstruck" for the inevitable Thor/GotG crossover, and if not, why not?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Beachcomber posted:

Are they saving "Thunderstruck" for the inevitable Thor/GotG crossover, and if not, why not?

They'll have to wait until Iron Man shows up, since AC/DC is Tony's band of choice

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

For a moment I was confused, and you were talking about Deadpool 2. Time Travel and Space, two hallmarks of late X-men.

Space travel was introduced in the early 100s and time travel was in issues 141

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I can't say enough how impressed I was with Keene in Logan. I always knew Jackman was capable and just wasn't being given the right script, but she had a pretty large uphill battle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Deadpool is the next X-Men flick and Cable's whole schtick is time travel. He'll just pick Laura up on his way back to 2018.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Deadpool is the next X-Men flick and Cable's whole schtick is time travel. He'll just pick Laura up on his way back to 2018.

Deadpool is going to be in Dark Pheonix or whatever they're calling the next X-men movie? I had not heard that, but that's awesome, and makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Deadpool is going to be in Dark Pheonix or whatever they're calling the next X-men movie? I had not heard that, but that's awesome, and makes a hell of a lot of sense.

No, DP2 is coming out before Dark Phoenix.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Dream cameo: Deadpool shows up at the X-Mansion while it's inevitably under attack again and kills a thug. As the thug falls he notices that it's a bloodless kill and points that out, asking if this is PG-13. Then he asks Professor X if he can have the movie's one "gently caress" before realizing he just said it, and dejectedly shuffles off screen.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

theironjef posted:

Dream cameo: Deadpool shows up at the X-Mansion while it's inevitably under attack again and kills a thug. As the thug falls he notices that it's a bloodless kill and points that out, asking if this is PG-13. Then he asks Professor X if he can have the movie's one "gently caress" before realizing he just said it, and dejectedly shuffles off screen.

My idea was him going on about "Ok, I can only have 1 F-bomb in this movie, so I gotta wait for the right time" only for Wolverine to just go "What the gently caress are you talking about?" and ruin everything

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

No, DP2 is coming out before Dark Phoenix.

I wasn't counting Deadpool movies as X-men movies.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uh, the entire plot of Days of Future Past was time travel. That ship has already sailed in the movies.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder when they'll rip the band-aid on space.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Keep the kid actor they've got for Cyclops. Cast a mustachioed James Marsden as Corsair.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Using Laura in place of Hope would actually make a lot of sense, if they wanted to go that route with Cable.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Looks like this movie as they cast Lilandra

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Looks like this movie as they cast Lilandra

LILANDRA: AN EXOTIC ALIEN QUEEN FROM THE EDGES OF SPACE. BY ALIEN WE MEAN HUMAN, BY QUEEN WE MEAN SHE LIKES THE BAND QUEEN, SPACE IS THE NAME OF THE ROCK AND ROLL BAR (EXPLAINS WHY SHE WEARS A LEATHER COSTUME) THAT LOGAN PICKS HER UP FROM (YES HE'S IN THE MOVIE, THE KIDS ARE ONLY THERE FOR A QUICK FIVE MINUTES DURING THE INTRO).

*Simon Kinsberg nods in satisifaction*

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

Uh, the entire plot of Days of Future Past was time travel. That ship has already sailed in the movies.

I hate to be pandantic, but I think of Time Travel I mean a physical move though time, not just a mental transference.

Retro Futurist posted:

Using Laura in place of Hope would actually make a lot of sense, if they wanted to go that route with Cable.

Yep, I really like that idea.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Shageletic posted:

LILANDRA: AN EXOTIC ALIEN QUEEN FROM THE EDGES OF SPACE. BY ALIEN WE MEAN HUMAN, BY QUEEN WE MEAN SHE LIKES THE BAND QUEEN, SPACE IS THE NAME OF THE ROCK AND ROLL BAR (EXPLAINS WHY SHE WEARS A LEATHER COSTUME) THAT LOGAN PICKS HER UP FROM (YES HE'S IN THE MOVIE, THE KIDS ARE ONLY THERE FOR A QUICK FIVE MINUTES DURING THE INTRO).

*Simon Kinsberg nods in satisifaction*

Oh, so Ultimate universe Lilandra, then?

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Lilandra Cheney?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
is it too much to hope that the batman & harley quinn animated movie sucking hard will get people to stop demanding every batman thing be just like TAS

I know the answer to this but let me dream

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

twistedmentat posted:

You know whats funny, I remember the Reb Brown ones where he has the plastic shield and motocycle helmet, but I completely forgot about that one.

The 1990's Captain America was actually the movie that made me a lifelong fan of Cap. My parents owned it and I used to watch it all the time as a little kid. I never noticed how bad it was. I thought that version of the Red Skull was really terrifying and gruesome.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rough Lobster posted:

The 1990's Captain America was actually the movie that made me a lifelong fan of Cap. My parents owned it and I used to watch it all the time as a little kid. I never noticed how bad it was. I thought that version of the Red Skull was really terrifying and gruesome.

This was me with the Dolph Punisher movie. Had it on VHS and would watch it all the time. Led me to purchase my first comic, Punisher War Journal 34. I was a naive kid and I assumed the movie was 100% a direct translation of one of the Punisher books so I kept looking for it. :D

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Blockhouse posted:

is it too much to hope that the batman & harley quinn animated movie sucking hard will get people to stop demanding every batman thing be just like TAS

I know the answer to this but let me dream

When people say "like TAS" they usually mean "not terrible like almost everything DC puts out".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

When people say "like TAS" they usually mean "not terrible like almost everything DC puts out".

nah dog there are people in the tank for TAS and nothing else and there always has been. Every voice actor gets scoffed at if they're not Conroy or Hamil, every cartoon design ignored if its not grey black and angular. There's absolutely a portion of the fan community that won't like anything unless it's as much like TAS as possible. BATB directly addressed it multiple times since it was the show that caught the brunt of that flack.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Crossposting: Joss Whedon Is a ‘Hypocrite Preaching Feminist Ideals,’ Ex-Wife Kai Cole Says

:allbuttons:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Is it shocking to anyone that Whedon is a piece of poo poo?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rhyno posted:

Is it shocking to anyone that Whedon is a piece of poo poo?

No? He made a show that was pro-Confederacy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I always preferred Jed over Joss

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Guess it'd be easy to figure out the actresses he had affairs with based on who he kept casting for his shows.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The casting couch is real?!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Guess it'd be easy to figure out the actresses he had affairs with based on who he kept casting for his shows.

Eliza Dushku is a certainty.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This seems like a gross game we can probably not play.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Makes me second guess the story behind Charisma Carpenter's departure from Angel.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well if the guy's ex wife says he's a piece of poo poo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Well if the guy's ex wife says he's a piece of poo poo

And numerous actors and actresses have said he's not a good person over the years.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Retro Futurist posted:

This seems like a gross game we can probably not play.

Feel free to rag on him all you want for this but I think this post is a good example of where the line will be set.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah sorry that wasn't cool.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?
Yeah, this not the least bit surprising to a lot of female fandom. It still sucks to have your worst assumptions verified, especially since he's produced work that means a lot to a lot of people, and since he made being a progressive feminist part of his brand for so long, despite poo poo not quite adding up for years now. I can't even feel vindicated, it just sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
You guys are barking up the wrong tree anyway. What he was actually interested in was finding out why Alan is called Tudyk.

• Locked thread