Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Bowser for president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

Bowser for president.
Sir, there's an important piece of video I think you need to see...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I never beat the 3D world champions road it's the only mario level that ever broke me

the part with the walljumping+spinies took me 1000 tries. it took me months of coming back to it to beat it lmao

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

My 3D World disc stopped working, it always freezes on the title screen. Does Nintendo have a disc replacement program or anything?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

extremebuff posted:

the part with the walljumping+spinies took me 1000 tries. it took me months of coming back to it to beat it lmao

Im sure i could beat it easily

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apparently as of this past Black Friday the switch has eclipsed the Wii in terms of sales popularity for Nintendo...that's insane

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure it was just "the largest Black Friday ever" for a Nintendo console which I guess is cool considering it wasn't even that heavily discounted.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

apparently as of this past Black Friday the switch has eclipsed the Wii in terms of sales popularity for Nintendo...that's insane

people are hoiped up for smash

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

people are hoiped up for smash
Hopefully your brother will buy it so you can play with us.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everybody was buying the Fortnite bundle for extra slurp juice and Thanos dabbing emotes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

already preordered. you cannot own me like this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

do you think his pokemaniac brother is bob number 2 or bob number 1

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

do you think his pokemaniac brother is bob number 2 or bob number 1

The brothers are Bobs 1, 2 and 4

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

thanks for the reminder I'm. going to preload smash bros tonight

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I made the mistake(?) of buying all major Switch releases on physical and I'm too far in and too OCD in the head to stop now so I gotta hope Gamestop is doing a 9pm Thursday launch I guess.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

American McGay posted:

I made the mistake(?) of buying all major Switch releases on physical and I'm too far in and too OCD in the head to stop now so I gotta hope Gamestop is doing a 9pm Thursday launch I guess.

I hate digital copies of stuff so I always get physical unless it’s significantly more expensive

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

going digital since smash always needs to be ready to play on the switch

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

extremebuff posted:

going digital since smash always needs to be ready to play on the switch

This

I won't make this mistake again

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i was gonna go all digital on switch and then learned that Amazon did 20% off on preorders so i bought like 5 games via that and then they got rid of it so now im in the awkward in-between

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, I went digital with Smash and pre-DLed it already. on launch day, does it launch on midnight EST or is it PST?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Mario Odyssey launched at midnight est that's the last game i played at midnight so i dunno if they've changed it since

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

3d land u have to play without ever using the tanuki or racoon suites

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

how on earth is smash ultimate just 14gb. its smaller than smash4. nintendo are wizards

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

switch uses some sort of fancy compression scheme all the wii u ports were smaller too i think

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

how on earth is smash ultimate just 14gb. its smaller than smash4. nintendo are wizards

They removed half the characters.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It's a smaller system

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

elf help book posted:

It's a smaller system

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

switch uses some sort of fancy compression scheme all the wii u ports were smaller too i think

cool

elf help book posted:

It's a smaller system

also a good answer

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There was a $400,000,000 financial incentive for them to get the game under 16gb.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Sakurai fit Ridley in Smash, he can do anything

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Tales of Woe posted:

I think it's a combination of that & the Wii U's compression being particularly bad. I remember some cross platform games being a couple gigs bigger on Wii U than elsewhere

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only physical games I own on switch are Hyrule Warriors and Octopath, I like having an array of Indie Treasures at my fingertips on the go

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

well wii u used discs so it didn't need good compression. my understanding is the 32gb switch carts are still pricey to produce and the 64s don't exist yet, this will obv come down with time like every other type of flash memory

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

i was gonna go all digital on switch and then learned that Amazon did 20% off on preorders so i bought like 5 games via that and then they got rid of it so now im in the awkward in-between

The $6 I saved getting PPT physical was not worth it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I just remember that "Town" Gamefreak RPG that was shown however long ago and got happyfeels.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That game looked cool. dark cloud meets Pokémon to rear end-blast my brain into nostalgiagasms of awesomeness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

I just remember that "Town" Gamefreak RPG that was shown however long ago and got happyfeels.

hoping theres another direct soon for all those games they announced like SMT5 and never mentioned again. paranoid about radiosilence on SMT games now